A Video Journal With Pigeons420 - 2016

It's funny you ask this. I actually just smoke all my extra stuff last night! I did a diligent scraping and then dabbed it all onto my dabber and smoked away.
Whatever you don't get will be there for the next run. It's a wonderful recycling process! :rofl::bong:

That's what I figured. Thanks buddy.

Hi just catching up on the videos.

On the vid of the 10 tips, I liked the idea of a water tank in the tent. My tap water is polluted and it is not only about chlorine, but it gave me the idea of having a small fish aquarium to fertilize water like in aquaponics :) (that's cause i smoked, i won't do it, but the idea is doable and if someone has the space for it and like aquariums, it is probably a good idea to try using used aquarium water as water for plants like in aquaponics. ;-) )
:tokin: :lot-o-toke::tokin:
I used my turtle tank water. A piece in the filter broke....haven't gotten around to ordering the part...so I empty out 20 gallons every two weeks and refill. I take the tank water...with his waste.. dilute it 50/50 with well water and all the babies get a good feeding.

So much to learn....so many journals to follow

Yes you can! you will find a lot of videos on youtube for home and pro aquaponics.
However, the interest in real aquaponics is to save water by using a closed circuit (water from fishtank is sent to plants, then filtered by plants soil and re-fed into fish tank).

At home, you can't do that easily, and of course the aquarium must be outside of the tent. But the water from the aquarium should be useable and perfectly organic. Depends what you feed the fish with ?

It is an awesome technic but probably more for large grows in warehouses.
My turtle eats pellets...fish...snails (the ones I pick off the plants)..dried seafood pellets....and plants

Pigeons, I finally did it. :battingeyelashes: :love:

image18055.jpeg

image37602.jpg

Inspired by your videos. It's a practice my mother used in her garden and I'd forgotten about it while being frustrated in being able to find something to hold down branches with this much strength. I'm pretty sure the Early Miss won't yank these out of the soil. :laughtwo:

Cost me all of $1.44. :blunt:

Awesome!!

I think you'll appreciate that you have the coated ones. I found the plain metal ones rusted and didn't last as long.

:high-five:

They work beautifully. I'm so glad I finally got to this chore.

Interesting Pigeons. I use this technique, but I never considered that this is what creates my tight nodes. I figured it was my use of CFLs set right above the soil line and then right above the seedlings that was keeping my nodes tight. Mine tend to be tighter than yours when I germinate under the CFLs.

I also suspect a good part of it, given adequate lighting, is in the genetics of the plant.

You've given me a new way of looking at this technique. I think I'll ask cajuncelt his thoughts on this. It was him I learned this from and he's worked as a professional cultivator, so he'll have a different perspective. I'll get back to you if he answers me. He's pretty busy these days.

Turtle-ponics, pet-ponics ....
I tell my friend that weed helps progress for the good of human kind but they don't beleive me.

We have just invented pet-ponics! it's quite something !

My turtle eats pellets...fish...snails (the ones I pick off the plants)..dried seafood pellets....and plants

Interesting Pigeons. I use this technique, but I never considered that this is what creates my tight nodes. I figured it was my use of CFLs set right above the soil line and then right above the seedlings that was keeping my nodes tight. Mine tend to be tighter than yours when I germinate under the CFLs.

I also suspect a good part of it, given adequate lighting, is in the genetics of the plant.

You've given me a new way of looking at this technique. I think I'll ask cajuncelt his thoughts on this. It was him I learned this from and he's worked as a professional cultivator, so he'll have a different perspective. I'll get back to you if he answers me. He's pretty busy these days.

It would certainly be a combination of both good lighting and good penetration. I believe it was Light Addict first and then UltraDan who reinforced it.
It makes perfect sense though that without proper light placement you're not going to be able to maximize their potential.
The reason I felt it relevant to document it this time was because of the drastic difference my plants are behaving because of this technique. Which I haven't performed consistently until now.

LOVE YOU!

Good day Pigeons...been a lil while since i visited your place....nice to see ya top up my cooler with fresh ice...right on brotha!
Hope your well and groovin today my good man,.... cheers.:Namaste:

:thanks:

Interesting Pigeons. We've been talking a lot about supercropping, and twirling the upper node is part of that technique. I'd never seen anyone do that further down the stem. Duggan left a comment at MagicJim's about the possibility of damaging them if you supercrop further down, but that's not what you're doing at all. You're just making them dance a little. :laughtwo:

So, you wait until they're at this stage of development. I put these at between 20-30 cm? That's what?.... About a month or so in on average? Whoa! I did that right off the top of my head. You guys are finally getting through to me. :laughtwo:

At this point, how long would you keep up this technique? What determines the stopping point? How long have you been doing this? Have you seen an appreciable difference in branch and stem strength?

Interesting Pigeons. We've been talking a lot about supercropping, and twirling the upper node is part of that technique. I'd never seen anyone do that further down the stem. Duggan left a comment at MagicJim's about the possibility of damaging them if you supercrop further down, but that's not what you're doing at all. You're just making them dance a little. :laughtwo:

So, you wait until they're at this stage of development. I put these at between 20-30 cm? That's what?.... About a month or so in on average? Whoa! I did that right off the top of my head. You guys are finally getting through to me. :laughtwo:

At this point, how long would you keep up this technique? What determines the stopping point?

I really think you've gotta go out of your way to "damage" the plant. In my experience, If you can afford to keep the plant in veg as long as it takes to create a big bush than she's only going to come back stronger.
You know that I've literally dropped walls on my garden and the girls shook it off and took it in stride. Pretty amazing.
The reason I say wait until this stage, yea about a month and a bit in, is because the girls are tough enough to start taking a rigorous training. Before this they are still far too fragile. It's that 4th node that I use as a rule of thumb for starters.

This is the preparation stage of creating a suitable and sustainable mother plant to feed my Sea of Green dreams. I want her to be big, robust and plentiful of potential SOG candidates. Remember, I'm still learning like the rest of us. So, I can only hope that I'm on the right track. :thumb:

I will continue this right up until the week before flip but this is a mother so who knows!

At this point, how long would you keep up this technique? What determines the stopping point? How long have you been doing this? Have you seen an appreciable difference in branch and stem strength?

Hey Pigeons and SS...to clarify SCing further down on a stem. What I said was when SCing a plant, it has to work much harder to correct an SC that is down on the stem where it starts to get really tough and rigid. When you do an SC way down , and there is a considerable amount above the SC point....she has to work extra hard to straighten herself up and is not recommended . If a grower SC's a plant that way then he /she has made an error somewhere along the way cuz SCing is more properly done to younger , more flexible and pliable tops. Remember too guys ,...the more damage you inflict on a "leader" the longer it will take to repair itself . That's why lil pinches here and there early are SO effective at canopy control. Sure you can SC a leader way down on her stem but it's NOT recommended. What Pigeons is doing , is what I like to do when they are very , very small...massaging and bending of the main stalk greatly contributes to a very thick and stronger than normal main stalk. Cheers Pigeons and SS!:circle-of-love:

Yes great advice Duggan, appreciate you clearing that up!

I think it's fair that I make myself clear as well: I perform this throughout the veg stage right up to flower. However, you'll only be able to work a particular portion of the plant for a couple weeks before she tightens and stiffens her sell up. I couldn't imagine trying to twist the main stalk of a beefy bush!! That would take a truck to twist. :rofl:

But the newer growth of the plant will continue to undergo a good "massage" (I like the way that sounds)

+Reps Duggan for being a great friend!

Yes great advice Duggan, appreciate you clearing that up!

I think it's fair that I make myself clear as well: I perform this throughout the veg stage right up to flower. However, you'll only be able to work a particular portion of the plant for a couple weeks before she tightens and stiffens her sell up. I couldn't imagine trying to twist the main stalk of a beefy bush!! That would take a truck to twist. :rofl:

But the newer growth of the plant will continue to undergo a good "massage" (I like the way that sounds)

+Reps Duggan for being a great friend!

Yes Pigeons, you got it bud. That's exactly the CORRECT way to SC....right up to about a week to ten days past flip...then things start to really stiffen up , just as you said sir...good call Pigeons, and thank you too bud!:Namaste::high-five:

Back
Top Bottom