Another Brix In The Wall Part 2: Hawk Clones Under Max Yield!

I've started watering first, then I plant the seed about a quarter of an inch in max and haven't had any problems so far. Only done about half a dozen so far, but it looks like it's fixed my issue.
that's pretty much how I do it to I also use the spray bottle to water them before and rite after they come up its vey gentile!

I've been top watering when I plant my seeds and I think that's part of the reason I've been having trouble with mine coming up at times. I think the seeds are getting pushed further down into the soil below the depths they want. I've started watering first, then I plant the seed about a quarter of an inch in max and haven't had any problems so far. Only done about half a dozen so far, but it looks like it's fixed my issue.

Maybe so allowing seeds to get swallowed up. I dunk my pots about a day or 2 before I plant seeds to allow to drywall a bit first. Very good success rate. My current grow I went 19/20. All 1st run soil as well.

Maybe so allowing seeds to get swallowed up. I dunk my pots about a day or 2 before I plant seeds to allow to drywall a bit first. Very good success rate. My current grow I went 19/20. All 1st run soil as well.
I always let my seeds crack when they are soaking in water, so I know they're all viable. I have been wondering about the depth I've been planting them. I've read with veggie seeds you want to plant them only one seed diameter below the surface and I realized the holes I've been making was putting them about 3-4 seeds worth deep. Then I would lightly water, but with as lose as our soil is, that could have pushed them another inch lower.

So I had 3 seeds already cracked that I didn't want to grow after all, so I stuck them literally under a dusting worth of dirt and they all popped up in a day or two. Since then I've been keeping them very shallow and I haven't had an issue with the last 8 I've popped.

Hopefully this was the issue. Luckily I mostly run seeds I've made, so I've got plenty of extras. Some of these seeds I've been popping are $10-$15 a piece though, and I hate to lose any of them. Especially when I only have 1 or 2 of them.

Love the A5 and BCP...two of my favorites to smoke. I'll have to find a way to get you some of my Malawi x Tangie OG cross seeds...when you find a good one, MAN is she good! Perfect in the AM first-smoke kinda stuff if you're an all-dayer like myself.
That Tangie OG x Malawi is really really good stuff! I'm still bummed I misplaced those seeds :( . The one I grew was one of the orangiest tasting plants I've ever had. The buzz is warm and uplifting. It's great for depression and anxiety as well as making you feel really comfortable. You have a winner there Stoney!

Mornin to ya Ween and friends. Wats all this chatter about shrinkage......:reading420magazine:
Lets not talk about that K....its just a cold water thang....:rofl:
OK, wat i do for planting....lots of us do it this way with great success. I suggest trying things this way if anyone is having issues with seeds sprouting .

Fully soak/water #1's a day or two before planned planting. Make a hole about 1/4 inch deep with anything , a pen, pencil, screw , watever u have . If u want ( i don't do this anymore) , lightly dust that area with Doc's 'roots' before placing seed(cracked/split). Lightly cover seed. Very lightly spray or dribble a small amount of water over area, LEAVE THIS ALONE until seed sprouts. I have found this to be the most reliable planting method . Seeds are NOT disturbed too much and should/will sprout within a week....every time!
Have a great day Ween and friends....I need a nap....up early for a hockey practice today....bahhh!:circle-of-love:

I always let my seeds crack when they are soaking in water, so I know they're all viable. I have been wondering about the depth I've been planting them. I've read with veggie seeds you want to plant them only one seed diameter below the surface and I realized the holes I've been making was putting them about 3-4 seeds worth deep. Then I would lightly water, but with as lose as our soil is, that could have pushed them another inch lower.

So I had 3 seeds already cracked that I didn't want to grow after all, so I stuck them literally under a dusting worth of dirt and they all popped up in a day or two. Since then I've been keeping them very shallow and I haven't had an issue with the last 8 I've popped.

Hopefully this was the issue. Luckily I mostly run seeds I've made, so I've got plenty of extras. Some of these seeds I've been popping are $10-$15 a piece though, and I hate to lose any of them. Especially when I only have 1 or 2 of them.

Thanks

Interesting about the shallow depth, Curious with the 3 (light dusting) did they come up with the seed shell still
attached. Always figured a little lower was good to allow the resistance against the shell to help removal ?

Hi ween,they look yummy
I'm gunna tag along if that's ok
Peace

Thanks @Ossi Ossi glad to have you here, welcome!

Cheers!:passitleft:

Mornin to ya Ween and friends. Wats all this chatter about shrinkage......:reading420magazine:
Lets not talk about that K....its just a cold water thang....:rofl:
OK, wat i do for planting....lots of us do it this way with great success. I suggest trying things this way if anyone is having issues with seeds sprouting .

Fully soak/water #1's a day or two before planned planting. Make a hole about 1/4 inch deep with anything , a pen, pencil, screw , watever u have . If u want ( i don't do this anymore) , lightly dust that area with Doc's 'roots' before placing seed(cracked/split). Lightly cover seed. Very lightly spray or dribble a small amount of water over area, LEAVE THIS ALONE until seed sprouts. I have found this to be the most reliable planting method . Seeds are NOT disturbed too much and should/will sprout within a week....every time!
Have a great day Ween and friends....I need a nap....up early for a hockey practice today....bahhh!:circle-of-love:

Thanks brothers duggs! Hope you had a good nap.

:passitleft:

I've been using the spring water for my hueys and we'll water for my plants. Why, mostly because I can use warm water. I thought about getting a heater but then said what the heck and went with well water. So far so good! Less trips to the spring....

Hope you had a good nap.
I sure did! Had a quick two hour nap while the daughter had one. Slept on my arm, now I’m like the inflatable crazy armed tube man!

The trick to planting is NOT the depth ,..but how hard the soil was packed/placed over the planted seed.
When planting..DO NOT pad down the soil AT ALL! Just very lightly cover it. This will ensure it has the stamina and strength to push up thru. Cheers Gazoo, Ween and friends....:circle-of-love:
Well said duggs! :high-five:

Thanks

Interesting about the shallow depth, Curious with the 3 (light dusting) did they come up with the seed shell still
attached. Always figured a little lower was good to allow the resistance against the shell to help removal ?
I have been having to help pull the shell off multiple ones, but I'd rather have that than them not come up. I was hitting around 50-60% germ rates even with not planting them until they cracked. I've only done around 8 or so this way so far, but they've all come up.

I think it was mainly the light watering I was giving them that was pushing the seed to far down because our soil is so light and fluffy.

I'll have to play with it and tweak slightly.

I have been having to help pull the shell off multiple ones, but I'd rather have that than them not come up. I was hitting around 50-60% germ rates even with not planting them until they cracked. I've only done around 8 or so this way so far, but they've all come up.

I think it was mainly the light watering I was giving them that was pushing the seed to far down because our soil is so light and fluffy.

I'll have to play with it and tweak slightly.
Duggan had me use a spray bottle to wet the area down where I put the seed that way the seed doesn't get pushed down and you can give a light watering to it. It worked well for me every seed that cracked came up with no problems

Duggan had me use a spray bottle to wet the area down where I put the seed that way the seed doesn't get pushed down and you can give a light watering to it. It worked well for me every seed that cracked came up with no problems
That's how I do it .

All caught up, Brother! :rofl:

:goodjob:

That was easy. While you were away, I was a bad boy and fell off the seeds wagon!

Big ups to @SeedsMan for hooking me up! Thanks! So I won a $50 credit, somehow it wound up being $55.18 (exchange rate?) And I kept having trouble placing the order, user error getting credit to apply. Well I had a nice order ready but it included a bunch of autos which I'm not doing any more most likely. A few messages with support and I was able to get an order placed. Oddly enough, the last pack of 5 Bubba Hash was $55.18! They added enough to my credit to cover shipping!

:passitleft:

I've redeemed prizes with them a couple times, and they were very friendly and generous - it was always "close enough". :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom