Curso's Semi-High Brix Take One - Featuring Blueberry Gum - La Musa & Purple Urkle

Re: Curso's Semi-High Brix Take One - Featuring Blueberry Gum - La Musa & Purple Urkl

It's funky, not so much fuel, it's hard to describe, it for sure will choke you like the hand of god grabbed your lungs and gave them a squeeze, if you try to take to much of her funkyness.

Re: Curso's Semi-High Brix Take One - Featuring Blueberry Gum - La Musa & Purple Urkl

Yeah bro leave it out all together if you haven't mixed it up.
The N-P-K thing is funny, I tried to explain why I don't buy "nute's" to a friend at a hydro shop, he couldn't wrap his head around it. I told him to google DocBud..lmao
ffof is out. I have been reading about high brix for a long time and its hard to get my head around it. Doc Bud has done wonders in making this possible. I like the way when he learns something he passes it on. I think if I was involved with a hydro shop I might not want to understand this. I don't expect it to replace hydro for most. Buy I just put many pages I copied on soil recipis from the web a couple of weeks ago in the fire starter box. I will test runoff. A struggle with ph is where I got into problems with my last (which was my first indoor) grow. But I thought with all the calcium in the 6-5-3 the ph would be stabilized.
you might enjoy this from
Dr Cary Reams
"
After 300 lbs. of soft rock phosphate and 1 to 2 ton of lime are applied, in that order, per acre, something happens in the soil. It forms a phosphate of calcium. The union which takes place is one of the most powerful magnetic forces that can be imagined in soil chemistry. A battle takes place in the soil the first 14 days after these elements are applied in which insects, grubs, fungi, weed seeds, etc., are killed. If this battle made any noise it would be heard for 50 miles. It is important NOT TO PLANT FOR 14 DAYS after applying the soft rock phosphate and the lime. After they combine (in 10 to 14 days) it can rain, flood or sleet, and the bond will not be affected. A kind of glue is formed, a gelatinous substance in the soil"

I'll put my ear to the bucket with the cooking soil and when it is quiet inside, I can plant.

Bro I was totally joking about testing the ph. You have planters and bristol forte in your mix, your ph will be fine, forget it along with the N-P-K ;) I tried to follow close to what doc was doing just with different amendments, big difference between the 2. You are going to be happy with doc's kit, just follow the instructions, "less is more" and "only if they need it" are 2 things to keep in mind. He is basically giving us a "Grow some bomb ass weed for dummy's" all we have to do is follow the program.

I love the description of the war, I agree it would sound epic.

Bro I was totally joking about testing the ph. You have planters and bristol forte in your mix, your ph will be fine, forget it along with the N-P-K ;) I tried to follow close to what doc was doing just with different amendments, big difference between the 2. You are going to be happy with doc's kit, just follow the instructions, "less is more" and "only if they need it" are 2 things to keep in mind. He is basically giving us a "Grow some bomb ass weed for dummy's" all we have to do is follow the program.

I love the description of the war, I agree it would sound epic.
I realized after I posted that and read your other posts that you were joking. That was a great relief. I don't want a pHd in growing. That is probably the most important thing I learned from my last experience. I'm stoked I'm getting the kit. I'll check in with you all down the road. Thanks Curso, ILuvJuicyLucy, and Gittergreen. And Gittergreen I got giddy too when I saw what DOC BUD and you all were doing. I am glad to be part of it. On toward the exquisite.

. On toward the exquisite. Thanks Curso
You're welcome bro, honestly its all just following Doc's basic rules, you'll see.
It's funny after you smoke a brix focused weed for a while, you're pretty disappointed when you get what looks like a nice Grape Ape from the local...(I did that shit today) It just didn't measure up to the level of high you get from Brix weed.

ffof is out. I have been reading about high brix for a long time and its hard to get my head around it. Doc Bud has done wonders in making this possible. I like the way when he learns something he passes it on. I think if I was involved with a hydro shop I might not want to understand this. I don't expect it to replace hydro for most. Buy I just put many pages I copied on soil recipis from the web a couple of weeks ago in the fire starter box. I will test runoff. A struggle with ph is where I got into problems with my last (which was my first indoor) grow. But I thought with all the calcium in the 6-5-3 the ph would be stabilized.
you might enjoy this from
Dr Cary Reams
"
After 300 lbs. of soft rock phosphate and 1 to 2 ton of lime are applied, in that order, per acre, something happens in the soil. It forms a phosphate of calcium. The union which takes place is one of the most powerful magnetic forces that can be imagined in soil chemistry. A battle takes place in the soil the first 14 days after these elements are applied in which insects, grubs, fungi, weed seeds, etc., are killed. If this battle made any noise it would be heard for 50 miles. It is important NOT TO PLANT FOR 14 DAYS after applying the soft rock phosphate and the lime. After they combine (in 10 to 14 days) it can rain, flood or sleet, and the bond will not be affected. A kind of glue is formed, a gelatinous substance in the soil"

I'll put my ear to the bucket with the cooking soil and when it is quiet inside, I can plant.

That's the stuff! That's why we cook the soil. That's why we add all that stuff and that's why we don't worry about pests!

I actually have thripes! I found one today on a fan leaf I was pulling off. It was way down low and was starting to yellow a bit. The brix was 8 on that leaf, but 14 up top. No signs of thripe damage. No mites. No pesticides.....no problem.

You're welcome bro, honestly its all just following Doc's basic rules, you'll see.
It's funny after you smoke a brix focused weed for a while, you're pretty disappointed when you get what looks like a nice Grape Ape from the local...(I did that shit today) It just didn't measure up to the level of high you get from Brix weed.

I 420% agree with this comment!! :) between my previous cycles I have been going to the dispensaries and I always pick up their top shelf, most stanky smelling, trichomed out OG's or top shelves and come home and am always disappointed. Nothing is like the high from High Brix herbs.. :) the flavor, the fullness of the high, the smooth inhales...its like heaven :)

That's the stuff! That's why we cook the soil. That's why we add all that stuff and that's why we don't worry about pests!

I actually have thripes! I found one today on a fan leaf I was pulling off. It was way down low and was starting to yellow a bit. The brix was 8 on that leaf, but 14 up top. No signs of thripe damage. No mites. No pesticides.....no problem.

Its great. No pests. no Ph and I'm was laughing again last night. Its ironic--I'm celebrating my first "truly inorganic grow" staring a handfull of rocks and a veritable mongolian hoard of microbes more numerous than the stars in the firmament*. Well I've got to get to my environmental issues. I put a thermometer on the floor of the outbuilding-grow room. 31 degrees. Its 70 degrees five ft up. I've been in Ca my whole life till lately. Highs of 5 degrees predicted.
*I know what you mean Gittergreen. What DOC BUD has done with the High Brix is ended so many arguments and cut through so much confusion that its a great relief and seems to lead to bouts of giddyness and delight.

You'll be even more giddy when you start seeing things progress. I open the tent's everyday and just smile. When I said Doc made us a growing for dummies I wasn't joking. What he managed to do is show us the way to stress, worry free growing.

You'll be even more giddy when you start seeing things progress. I open the tent's everyday and just smile. When I said Doc made us a growing for dummies I wasn't joking. What he managed to do is show us the way to stress, worry free growing.

I know. I appreciate that. I saw that week I was pouring over threads that he has moved consistently toward that with each project from Hempy Buckets on. I am especially thrilled that he has done that with High Brix. I have been interested in that ever since I heard of it over a year ago--for food crops too. I had no idea two weeks ago it would be so immediately available. It might sound strange but I believe it is one of the most important things happening right now and will wonderfully change the quality of our lives. If you find it is hard for a hydroponic person to get it, try talking to a compost worshipping organic gardener. But it is happening. And what DOC BUD has done with cannabis is going to rocket fuel it. A fellow here is starting with his veg. garden and it will take off locally. And the smartest thing this dummy has done lately is to listen to you all and get the kit.
I am especially looking forward to DOC BUDS'S course on growing weed in Antarctica. I'll be subbed!
Did you ever hear the story of the dumb kid standing with his tongue stuck to a frozen metal pole. I discovered the same effect can be had by putting your lips to a frozen hose connection in order to blow through it so it doesn't freeze with water. I have always found the environmental challenges to be the greatest.

I 420% agree with this comment!! :) between my previous cycles I have been going to the dispensaries and I always pick up their top shelf, most stanky smelling, trichomed out OG's or top shelves and come home and am always disappointed. Nothing is like the high from High Brix herbs.. :) the flavor, the fullness of the high, the smooth inhales...its like heaven :)
I love how long the high lasts and the more you smoke the better you feel, I do find myself smoking myself to sleep more often. My buddy is growing some of this sour diesel now (he couldn't get the bbg to produce) he'll be disappointed again thinking he will get the same effect that he got from smoking mine. I gave him my clones with a warning...."Results will vary"...I've given him quite a few clones in the past little while, he always said that my brix clones rooted way faster than his dwc did, I have to agree. I took some clones of my ak from the dwc mom and they're still not rooted while all the high brix mom plants roots had to be trimmed.

Few Quick pics of Blueberry Gum and Chem Valley Kush
Blueberry Gum...
IMG_039521.JPG
IMG_039217.JPG
IMG_039418.JPG
IMG_039615.JPG

Chem Valley Kush...
IMG_040218.JPG
IMG_039715.JPG
IMG_039914.JPG

:peace::passitleft::peace:

Yumm!!!!
:drool:

Thanks Vick!! :passitleft:

That Chem Valley looks pretty damn tasty imo. I'll bet that's a pungent, sweet smoke. :thumb:
Thank's Doc, she smells fantastic, sweet and pungent (more on the sweet side). I can't wait to smoke some, I did keep a CVK male it looks like a great place to start.:passitleft:

The sour diesel's from this grow are amazingly good, they're grapefruit, kerosene funk and were the frostiest to date, after grinding some up and rolling one, it looks like a sandbox . The blueberry gum... I hated those plants (in this last grow), I should have culled them but didn't have anything to replace them so...its something different to smoke. This CVK is @ about 60ish days (I havent been counting) and has probably another 10-15 to go. I am so happy I got the SFV OGK pheno of the CVK and got a good clone of her :D
IMG_044511.JPG
IMG_044911.JPG
IMG_045013.JPG

Here is one of the Sour Diesel's in Doc's kit
IMG_045116.JPG
IMG_045216.JPG

Back
Top Bottom