Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I'll try to keep it light and quick.

Doc, my RO system is in repair. Busted a leak in a hose, could fix, but, I'm finishing a week on the beach with my familia. But, I'm close enough, and my wife is so helpful and considerate,,, that I go check on things at the house a few times a day. We rent this place now for the past five years and normally my tomatoes are kicking my butt this week.

But, I specifically planted late to put off the tomato butt kicking, and we had a rough winter so I go things going later. So, tomatoes are fine. But, three pLus days of ninety plus has taken a toll on my mmj water supply.

And, I flushed a plant today prior to the leak with 15 gallons of RO.

Once I saw the leak, I shut the system down and thought,,, fuuuuuuuuuck.

Then I called for a replacement, a second whole hose assembly, and new filters.

Oh, and I made or ran out twenty gallons of tap water.

My question - what makes your kit organic, is it my wateer

:volcano-smiley:

Just kidding, of course. My reeeeeeaaaaal question is, can I use left out tap water with the kit? If, I have to?

The parts are coming from the left coast and eta is Saturday. But,, my girls felt a bit light today.

Anyone else want to chime in about the water issue, NOT if Docs kit is organic. Cause I love how he deals with that anyway.

Ciao:thanks:

Don't give it a second thought. Tea will keep all the roots happy.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question Doc. I've got the new instructions copied into a blog for my reference and I will save time and energy and just flip straight to 12/12 when the time comes.

Happy Growing :popcorn:

Could anyone help me out

I was wondering if i should use the cat drench now or just skip it. This is week 3 of flower.
also this is first run soil so should i use the recharge?
Thx

Could anyone help me out

I was wondering if i should use the cat drench now or just skip it. This is week 3 of flower.
also this is first run soil so should i use the recharge?
Thx

I'm one of the new kids on the block, but...
I would have added the recharge by now. I'd still go ahead and add it, but I cannot tell much about your plants due to the yorange color from the HPS. First-run soil does get recharge - that's why it is in the kit.
They look ready for the Cat drench. Timing looks about perfect. Why are you considering skipping it?
When in doubt, follow the instructions. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Again, I ask what point are you trying to make?

Everything in the kit is organic....with the current exception of the Cat Drench, which has 2 ingredients that aren't politically labeled organic at this time. Everything else is.

The two "evil" ingredients are:

Ammonium phosphate
Ammonium sulfate

Now, again, what's your point?

As to the lab having organic alternatives....yes, they do. But they do not recommend them as growing nutrient dense food is better done using all tools at our disposal, not just the ones the government says are "organic."

So, again, what's your point?

So the kit is not organic, thanks for clarifying. You can't be "mostly organic" it doesn't work that way. I see ingredients approved organically for live stock feed, unfortunately that doesn't count either.

The kit isn't organic growing, I get it. But why does your protégé (cali_organics) advertise and #organic? Are you not using your kit on the plants that get put up on IG?

Did you test Promix alone, or with the worn castings included? You found low iron and copper levels in the test I assume.

Organic gardeners have measured and talked about brix for years. Brix is nothing new, soil testing is nothing new. Yes, you can learn to grow nutrient dense produce organically, and yes you can learn it elsewhere. No paying for packaging or ph adjusting acids.

I came to ask questions about what you are selling to see if you made more changes to justify people calling it organic. That has not happened, and you don't seem interested in it. You insist I make a point in your Q&A thread about my questions.

To match your demands...Growing with this kit is not growing organically.

I would have added the recharge by now. I'd still go ahead and add it, but I cannot tell much about your plants due to the yorange color from the HPS. First-run soil does get recharge - that's why it is in the kit.
They look ready for the Cat drench. Timing looks about perfect. Why are you considering skipping it?

You got it Major...great advise my brotha!

So the kit is not organic, thanks for clarifying. You can't be "mostly organic" it doesn't work that way. I see ingredients approved organically for live stock feed, unfortunately that doesn't count either.

The kit isn't organic growing, I get it. But why does your protégé (cali_organics) advertise and #organic? Are you not using your kit on the plants that get put up on IG?

Did you test Promix alone, or with the worn castings included? You found low iron and copper levels in the test I assume.

Organic gardeners have measured and talked about brix for years. Brix is nothing new, soil testing is nothing new. Yes, you can learn to grow nutrient dense produce organically, and yes you can learn it elsewhere. No paying for packaging or ph adjusting acids.

I came to ask questions about what you are selling to see if you made more changes to justify people calling it organic. That has not happened, and you don't seem interested in it. You insist I make a point in your Q&A thread about my questions.

LOL, I for one, am glad you got that out of your system~! Yay! :bravo:

The Kit is NOT "organic". :slide:

I bet it isn't a bunch of other stuff, too. C'mon ... :straightface:

Ammonium is a natural waste product of animals and Phosphates are naturally occurring and mined.

Ammonium Sulfate is used in Vaccines and food additives approved by FDA. But its not good enough for your Cannabis?

Talk about splitting Cations:geek:

Just didn't know if it was to late. I didn't want to stunt the beautiful growth.

Thx for the help

FFS....FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!!! Everyone wants great marijuana right?!?!?!? Doc puts it out there for you all! Put peg "a" into slot "a"...how much easier can it get? Ok...this is why im wanting off this site. Trying to get attention by asking redundant questions shows a lack of intelligence and common sense...OR! just a lack of any type of attention in your everyday life...only you know

FFS....FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!!! Everyone wants great marijuana right?!?!?!? Doc puts it out there for you all! Put peg "a" into slot "a"...how much easier can it get? Ok...this is why im wanting off this site. Trying to get attention by asking redundant questions shows a lack of intelligence and common sense...OR! just a lack of any type of attention in your everyday life...only you know

You should smoke a little of the stuff you grow. I don't think people ask questions to waste anyone's time. I think people ask questions in a q and a thread, to get answers. Imagine that. Do you think everyone that comes through this thread read all posts, or have all the answers like you appear to have? Seriously, I'm curious if you think we're all just really looking for attention. Cause, I think you're the one lacking attention.

Nobody else complains about people asking questions in a Q&A thread, but you. Not the OP, nobody. So, take a puff, look in the mirror and breath out your nose.

If you don't like the site, nobody is holding you hostage, right? Giddy

Heheh, it's not a full moon is it? :hmmmm:

I need to apologize for gettin' snarky with 36Gr0w. :cheesygrinsmiley: ... Oops ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

ok everyone play nice now and someone answer my question

5 wks in flower,
My plants have healthy leaves and no spots,
but I would have to say on the paler side of green more than the darker side.
and the very smallest bit of the tips are a bit yellow.
they aren't praying for the lights any more either.

I have been giving the recommended dosages so far.
Do you think I need a dose of epsoms or a bit stronger on the feedings.

ok everyone play nice now and someone answer my question

5 wks in flower,
My plants have healthy leaves and no spots,
but I would have to say on the paler side of green more than the darker side.
and the very smallest bit of the tips are a bit yellow.
they aren't praying for the lights any more either.

I have been giving the recommended dosages so far.
Do you think I need a dose of epsoms or a bit stronger on the feedings.

As far as I know pale green is the indicator that they could use some more GE.

FFS.... just a lack of any type of attention in your everyday life...only you know

This comment just blew my mind... :goodjob:

Really I asked the question because frankly i didn't know what "buds set" meant.

**Cat Drench: This is used right when buds set.

I don't think this is clear at all from my point of view.

Back
Top Bottom