Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Makes me think back 2 summers ago when I got mites....took me 3 months to properly sanitize and sulpher....nothing since....dialing in and tweaking environment....thank you....

I was told tonite that I am known as the best grower within a 150 mile local real estate radious; no kidding; there is a lot of competition and the person who told me this is 26 years old.....too funny.....

WayAhead10x is a micronutrient spray. It helps the mid-bloom fade we sometimes see. I don't use it on everything and I use it sparingly. It helps on the OG types.

Adding to the above and from the lab's website.

WayAhead7x/10x is a foliar trace mineral package containing Manganese, Zinc, Copper, Magnesium, and Nickel in addition to Nitrogen, Phosphorous, and Potassium. Applying WayAhead creates the potential for a healthier plant that has a better chance of withstanding stress such as disease and insect infestation ultimately resulting in increased yield potential.

WayAhead 10X has the same great trace mineral package as the 7X but with 1.5% Calcium added.

If you spray too much at once and or too often it is easy to make leaves really crispy. In my current grow, I am using a little less than the recommended to prevent from applying too much, every other week. [IE: In a fluid ounce of water. If the recommend ratio is 4 parts Brix to 1 part WayAhead... I am using 4 parts Brix to .6 -.9 parts or (1ml Brix to .20ml WayAhead)]

GC_s_in_turbo_mode_003.jpg
Green Crack (hate that name!) 15 days in bloom, first run soil. Grown , as per directions .Cheers gang!

In flower I use Brix wa10x every week but rarely if ever use destress.

In flowering I could go without destress as well. With each passing week my single plant grows receive more darkness.

In about a three square foot space using about 200-250 watts for the lights that includes UV B and UV A.

My last harvest was three ounces(Dry weight) from the single plant.

Yep. What's not to like? It's an amazing plant.

Hey doc bud I'm reading threw this but it's kind of confusing if I'm honest I'm really intrested in trying your method but understanding it is my first mission I saw it on duggans green crack grow dr ziggy showed me the link and here I am I don't quite get the brix part I get all the elements but it's still very confusing to a noob like me I have loads of questions but will read thurther in depth about it I was hoping you could shine a bit of light on the subject for a dummy like my self as if I can understand it I will defo try it on my next journal I understand that the higher the brix the. Better but I don't quite get what the brix is i take it it's a form of measurement ? Have you got a vid that better explains this as I won't lie I'm not to smart well not smart at all and this does confuse me a lot but I'm always willing to learn and soak in information if you could please help shine a light on my full brain it would be really helpfull and sorry for asking so many questions with out further reading it took me more than 20
Mins to get threw the first page and there's another 600+ to go I'm embarrassed to say it will take me a long long time
To get threw but I will ! Ill start a intense read of it in the morning over a cup of tea, I've heard nothing but good things about your kits and will do my best to read the whole thread I don't expect a fast reply as I bet you get bombarded with messages on the subject daily and I feel rude jumping right to questions with out more reading but it is very late thanks again to sue and dr ziggy for pointing me in your direction . Happy growing. Velky .......

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi Velk! I'll let doc and the other pros answer your questions but will tell you that growing with the kit is easier and more trouble free than other methods. Don't worry too much about the how and why, just follow directions and amazing results will follow. I'm on my 2nd grow and my 1st kit grow and am reall happy with the results so far, another few weeks to go.

IMG_20161213_204527_1.jpg

IMG_20161213_204605_1.jpg

Hey doc bud I'm reading threw this but it's kind of confusing if I'm honest I'm really intrested in trying your method but understanding it is my first mission I saw it on duggans green crack grow dr ziggy showed me the link and here I am I don't quite get the brix part I get all the elements but it's still very confusing to a noob like me I have loads of questions but will read thurther in depth about it I was hoping you could shine a bit of light on the subject for a dummy like my self as if I can understand it I will defo try it on my next journal I understand that the higher the brix the. Better but I don't quite get what the brix is i take it it's a form of measurement ? Have you got a vid that better explains this as I won't lie I'm not to smart well not smart at all and this does confuse me a lot but I'm always willing to learn and soak in information if you could please help shine a light on my full brain it would be really helpfull and sorry for asking so many questions with out further reading it took me more than 20
Mins to get threw the first page and there's another 600+ to go I'm embarrassed to say it will take me a long long time
To get threw but I will ! Ill start a intense read of it in the morning over a cup of tea, I've heard nothing but good things about your kits and will do my best to read the whole thread I don't expect a fast reply as I bet you get bombarded with messages on the subject daily and I feel rude jumping right to questions with out more reading but it is very late thanks again to sue and dr ziggy for pointing me in your direction . Happy growing. Velky .......

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Velk,

Brix is a measurement of leaf juices that tells us the overall amount of sugars and minerals. We crush leaves, squeeze out the juice, and measure it with a Refractometer. Brix over 12 is "High" brix. The higher the brix, the healthier the plant and better the harvest.

We achieve high brix by a specially designed soil, mostly minerals and heavy on the calcium. Exact ratios of elements are critical. The soil is designed to be alive....but not just "alive" but hyperactive.

The roots in this type of soil have so much microbial activity that they can really feed the plant....and we spray the leaves of the plants in order to feed the soil.....and if the environment is good the plants can really sprint and produce some shockingly good cannabis.

In a nutshell:

Biologically active soil, major minerals in ratio, trace elements, plus soil energy (electrical) and we've got a High Brix soil.

And we get plants just like this:

Picture_011266.jpg
Picture_010286.jpg
Picture_008299.jpg

Hey Velk,

Brix is a measurement of leaf juices that tells us the overall amount of sugars and minerals. We crush leaves, squeeze out the juice, and measure it with a Refractometer. Brix over 12 is "High" brix. The higher the brix, the healthier the plant and better the harvest.

We achieve high brix by a specially designed soil, mostly minerals and heavy on the calcium. Exact ratios of elements are critical. The soil is designed to be alive....but not just "alive" but hyperactive.

The roots in this type of soil have so much microbial activity that they can really feed the plant....and we spray the leaves of the plants in order to feed the soil.....and if the environment is good the plants can really sprint and produce some shockingly good cannabis.

In a nutshell:

Biologically active soil, major minerals in ratio, trace elements, plus soil energy (electrical) and we've got a High Brix soil.

And we get plants just like this:

Picture_011266.jpg
Picture_010286.jpg
Picture_008299.jpg

:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

Should I be concerned about this? My Blue Dream is at 8 weeks of flower but it is premature. Plant is still throwing mostly white pistils. Still seems to be bulking up some. I mean I know I could go longer, but it seems stunted. My Sour Diesel is just about ready. I just did a pistil check and I'm mostly cloudy with maybe 10-20% amber. Dunno if any of the gang does pistil color check.

Blue Dream

P10201584.jpg

Sour Diesel

P10201573.jpg

I did change my environment with a heater and humidifier. Sitting at 70 lights out, 84 lights on. Humidity is 44% avg. This was started a week ago. Before that my humidity was getting into the 20s.

Drop the temp into the 70s if you can. The heat is counterproductive at this stage, probably turning some of those trichs. If you want to, they'll still go another couple weeks, but it's definitely in the window now. I always ALWAYS wait though, so y'know, grain of salt, etc. :cheesygrinsmiley: If those were mine, I'd cool 'em off, give 'em a good shot of GE and wait for the next surge of calyxes. Mine would typically go three times before I harvested. But again, grain o' salt.

:bongrip:

[EDIT] On second look, the Sour Diesel looks closer to done, might get one more surge, might not.

Thx Gray, I just told my wife that one of our plants is about ready to cut down, the SD. Lower temp as in daytime or night time? I'll raise my light to cool off canopy temp. I am going ge on both plants, so week and a half left for sour diesel. Both plants are still getting heavy, branches weighing down, but still real strong.

Should I be concerned about this? My Blue Dream is at 8 weeks of flower but it is premature. Plant is still throwing mostly white pistils. Still seems to be bulking up some. I mean I know I could go longer, but it seems stunted. My Sour Diesel is just about ready. I just did a pistil check and I'm mostly cloudy with maybe 10-20% amber. Dunno if any of the gang does pistil color check.

Blue Dream

P10201584.jpg

Sour Diesel

P10201573.jpg

I did change my environment with a heater and humidifier. Sitting at 70 lights out, 84 lights on. Humidity is 44% avg. This was started a week ago. Before that my humidity was getting into the 20s.

Considering the environmental stress, they look great. I'd give the SD another week. Growth Energy and Brix too.

The Blue Dream needs a Super Drench and higher humidity for a couple days as in 55% lights on, 50% lights off. That would put in high gear. I'd shoot for two more weeks on the Blue Dream. I assume it's still drinking water?

Thx Gray, I just told my wife that one of our plants is about ready to cut down, the SD. Lower temp as in daytime or night time? I'll raise my light to cool off canopy temp. I am going ge on both plants, so week and a half left for sour diesel. Both plants are still getting heavy, branches weighing down, but still real strong.

:thumb:

Perfect. I was going to suggest less light intensity too, so that solves both. And yup, like 77ish? daytimes - just to let them cool off some. I think they prefer that at the end.

Considering the environmental stress, they look great. I'd give the SD another week. Growth Energy and Brix too.

The Blue Dream needs a Super Drench and higher humidity for a couple days as in 55% lights on, 50% lights off. That would put in high gear. I'd shoot for two more weeks on the Blue Dream. I assume it's still drinking water?

Yes, water uptake is happening. Watered both on Sunday and pots are still losing weight. Super drench and humidity check.

:thumb:

Perfect. I was going to suggest less light intensity too, so that solves both. And yup, like 77ish? daytimes - just to let them cool off some. I think they prefer that at the end.

Most eggcellent!

BRIX PPL Problems

These mite infested ne'erdowells arent even half way to their date with dr doom (if I can keep them alive in captivity that long).

Day 33 nothing but trouble these ones

33183.JPG

Re: BRIX PPL Problems

These mite infested ne'erdowells arent even half way to their date with dr doom (if I can keep them alive in captivity that long).

Day 33 nothing but trouble these ones

33183.JPG

That doesn't look like a mite infested plant to me! Looks healthy AF bro :)

Back
Top Bottom