Emmie's Berry D'licious 2019 True Living Organic: No AACT, SCROG, COB, SuperSoil Production Grow & Seed Run

Unless an author clearly indicates that their remarks are specific to a sex, or person, I view all pronouns as genderless. I view the word man as a contraction of the word human, unless the author specifically indicates they are discussing a male. I'm not one to care about political correctness. Even names have been genderless since Johnny Cash sang 'A Boy Named Sue.'
I find this to be the sane and rational way to exist in the world we find ourselves in today. My own father has one of those names that in the UK is a common boys name, but in the USA it is not. Before this PC thing came about, we all used general pronouns to refer to all of a group, and usually male unless it was a thing of beauty or pride. This is one of the flaws of English actually; other languages are much more specific about gender. Match this with my overall need to be a smartass and I in my 40s find myself less and less inclined to care one whit about political correctness.

This grow is answering many questions. Some I didn't know I had.
:thanks: That is exactly why I do this... not just so that you all learn some new things...
But it is a truth that in order to truly learn a subject, you must attempt to teach it. I learn new things this way all the time!
It is a two way street... you get out of this life exactly that which you give. :Namaste:

Ask anyone in the military of any country in the world and you will find that they salute the rank for officers that they have lost all respect for, and the man for those they respect. There is quite a difference in the salutes.
Well, Ms Emilya gets a very respectful salute from me and no mistake. I just like to make her smile....but I write in a way that takes a chance. Spike Milligan did the same and that's where the Love Light and Peace sig was stolen from.
Something else Spike wrote about a person......O for an hour in her company.

:thanks: That is exactly why I do this... not just so that you all learn some new things...
But it is a truth that in order to truly learn a subject, you must attempt to teach it. I learn new things this way all the time!
It is a two way street... you get out of this life exactly that which you give. :Namaste:

I always learned more about a subject by teaching it than studying about it in a classroom.

lol...
let me know the first time you get documented evidence of a plant exploding because it was flushed. On that day I will immediately stop flushing and I will go on a lifelong personal campaign to stop the awful practice of blowing up our plants with water. If water was so dangerous, would not the fall rains be deadly for plants of all kinds? How in the name of all that is holy does rice exist? Water lilies? Lotus blossoms?
In my humble opinion the "expert" who wrote that article is a flaming moron... let's see some proof. And yes, the osmotic pressure goes way down when we flush... why is that do you suppose? ITS BECAUSE THE PLANTS HAVE HAD ALL THEY NEED TO DRINK AND THERE IS NO MORE ROOM FOR MORE WATER. sorry for that... I wasn't shouting; I was expressing extreme sarcasm for the aforementioned idiot. He is essentially saying that the plants are so stupid that they will just continue drinking and drinking and drinking and drinking.... lol... I am about to fall out of my chair.

They said that's why tomatoes and strawberries blew up ...

But seriously ... I have a girlfriend, kids and a dog to care for ... so I borrowed some gear from my cousin just in case ...

0_PR161792-1024x683.jpg

True Story!!!
lol ... I bet you read this after a bong hit of Chemdog :)

Right... Women are usually the more intuitive sex in my experience and due to my personal biases I did automatically assign a male viewpoint to this comedy, but I at all times attempt to be an equal opportunity labeler of idiocy. It is indeed a topsy turvy world we find ourselves in, and with my advanced education I should know better than to use my pronouns so discriminatingly.
I of course should have said that THIS PERSON is essentially saying... thus keeping my comments gender neutral.
Thank you for your kind admonition designed to keep me PC. It is probably my admitted failings in this area that moved me out of the public banking world and into a corner office where I can not so easily offend the idiots that we allow to wander about the world. :peace: :love:

Excellent point @Emilya ... I checked up on the author's credentials ... it was a guy ... his name is Mike ...

0_ad173487622this-image-relea-e1528105085795.jpg

True Story!!!

Alright ... back to life ... back to reality ... :)

I took your advice and finished replenishing the soil based on our previous discussion ...

How long do we let it cook for? A few weeks? A month?

I'm actually struggling with coco and the clones still ... I'm finding it pretty tough to dial-in as a beginner ... I miss soil :)
It might be the auto thing giving you trouble. I find them quirky.

It might be the auto thing giving you trouble. I find them quirky.

Hey @stoneotter ... after my last bad experience, I will never grow autos again ... so I am all about quality photoperiods now ...

I am having trouble with the clones and coco right now because I cut the clones wrong ...

I was supposed to cut them an inch below the growth node ... but I missed that instruction in the original articles I read ...

0_de-donde-cortar-esquejes-300x218.jpg

Live and Learn though ... I'll get it right next time with the HSO Chemdawg parent I'm vegging right now ...

Alright ... back to life ... back to reality ... :)

I took your advice and finished replenishing the soil based on our previous discussion ...

How long do we let it cook for? A few weeks? A month?

I'm actually struggling with coco and the clones still ... I'm finding it pretty tough to dial-in as a beginner ... I miss soil :)
At least a month, longer if you can. I went 2 months while I vegged on this last run and all seems to be fine.

I always learned more about a subject by teaching it than studying about it in a classroom.
I agree I was a welding and Math teacher and as a teacher I learned a lot more about the subject matter. Reinforcing it with my students. I know you all can tell I was Not an English teacher Lol. My writing , Grammar and punctuation is Really bad Lol

Hey @stoneotter ... after my last bad experience, I will never grow autos again ... so I am all about quality photoperiods now ...

I am having trouble with the clones and coco right now because I cut the clones wrong ...

I was supposed to cut them an inch below the growth node ... but I missed that instruction in the original articles I read ...

0_de-donde-cortar-esquejes-300x218.jpg

Live and Learn though ... I'll get it right next time with the HSO Chemdawg parent I'm vegging right now ...
Yea, that's what we do here. Sometimes fast and sometimes slow. Your ok, just not optimal.

Right... Women are usually the more intuitive sex in my experience and due to my personal biases I did automatically assign a male viewpoint to this comedy, but I at all times attempt to be an equal opportunity labeler of idiocy. It is indeed a topsy turvy world we find ourselves in, and with my advanced education I should know better than to use my pronouns so discriminatingly.
I of course should have said that THIS PERSON is essentially saying... thus keeping my comments gender neutral.
Thank you for your kind admonition designed to keep me PC. It is probably my admitted failings in this area that moved me out of the public banking world and into a corner office where I can not so easily offend the idiots that we allow to wander about the world. :peace: :love:
No, please be as un PC as you want!! The last thing this world needs is more PC bullshit. No one has the right to not be offended, so I speak my mind, with some tact of course, I'm not an animal, lol.

At least a month, longer if you can. I went 2 months while I vegged on this last run and all seems to be fine.

That sounds like it will work out perfect. I will keep the soil damp and mix it every now and then.

In about 2 months I'll be done my coco experiment ... and then I'd like to return to replenished soil and try Mega Crop and the Recharge I just ordered.

And by then I should have enough experience to grow some nice plants using the BRIX kit.

I cut a 45 at the end of the clone then slice right down the center of the 45 to fleu the stem. Then I also shave off a bit of the outside. Dip all that in cloning gel and put it in your medium of choice with some kind nute for clones and good to go.

Thanks for the tips @Reave ... I will try them next time. So far I've had 15 of the 20 clones I cut make it ... 4 are left and haven't rooted yet ... and 1 I accidentally crushed.

This is a lot better than I expected ... so I am quite pleased at this point!

Back
Top Bottom