Emmie's Berry D'licious 2019 True Living Organic: No AACT, SCROG, COB, SuperSoil Production Grow & Seed Run

Bloom, Day 8 Pollination Day 4

One of these buds is unpollinated. The other 3 are expecting. Can you tell the difference?
  1. DSCF7300.JPG
  2. DSCF7301.JPG
  3. DSCF7299.JPG
  4. DSCF7298.JPG

I think the second one is unpollinated because the pistils are still very straight and white.

Are there other clues maybe?

I think the second one is unpollinated because the pistils are still very straight and white.

Are there other clues maybe?
I agree its the second pic. the others have brown on some of the pistils

Yes my friends, #2 is the unpollinated one because all of her calyxes are throwing out their pistils, ever hopeful and looking to be pollinated. The other buds are in different degrees of full pollination, and those calyxes that didn't see a single particle of pollen are still bravely pushing out pistils in hopes that they too will be able to grow a seed, if only there was some more pollen to go around. The pistils that found pollen have mostly been pulled back in to become part of the newly forming seeds, and I believe that this essence is shared around in the infant bud, pollinating many more calyxes than were originally fertilized by the airborne pollen. Hundreds of seeds will be forming now and the bud will swell up as they all start needing space.

Bloom, Day 11

It is really starting to look nice in the bloom tent! All yellowing has stopped and the plants are definitely still trying to stretch. It has to be the very bright lights though that are discouraging a lot of stretch because there are only a few branches, and mostly on one plant that seem inclined to put on a lot of extra inches, but even they are taking it very slow. I had turned down the lights just a little bit after seeing a little bit of irritation up top, but tonight I cranked it right back up to full output, just to see what happens.
Today was watering day after I noticed a little first stage droop and I gave them water with 1tbl/gal Terpinator, and on the last gallon in, I mixed in some Recharge.
The buds are all looking good, and I really can't tell any significant difference between the Vulx plant and the others at the moment... but then again I can't tell a difference between the Andesite plant either.
I will start off the pictures with one of our pollinated buds, 4 days behind the bloom day:

DSCF7305.JPG

I could hit it again with some more of the pollen/flour mix and catch the rest of those pistils... and I might do that tomorrow if I get bored.

Here are some shots at canopy level, so you can see how well the rest of the buds are progressing here at 11 days in...

DSCF7304.JPG
DSCF7302.JPG
DSCF7303.JPG

Bloom, Day 11

It is really starting to look nice in the bloom tent! All yellowing has stopped and the plants are definitely still trying to stretch. It has to be the very bright lights though that are discouraging a lot of stretch because there are only a few branches, and mostly on one plant that seem inclined to put on a lot of extra inches, but even they are taking it very slow. I had turned down the lights just a little bit after seeing a little bit of irritation up top, but tonight I cranked it right back up to full output, just to see what happens.
Today was watering day after I noticed a little first stage droop and I gave them water with 1tbl/gal Terpinator, and on the last gallon in, I mixed in some Recharge.
The buds are all looking good, and I really can't tell any significant difference between the Vulx plant and the others at the moment... but then again I can't tell a difference between the Andesite plant either.
I will start off the pictures with one of our pollinated buds, 4 days behind the bloom day:

DSCF7305.JPG

I could hit it again with some more of the pollen/flour mix and catch the rest of those pistils... and I might do that tomorrow if I get bored.

Here are some shots at canopy level, so you can see how well the rest of the buds are progressing here at 11 days in...

DSCF7304.JPG
DSCF7302.JPG
DSCF7303.JPG

Looking fastastic as always @Emilya!!!

I have decided I need to get more serious and consistent with my grows.

My Bakerstreets wound up having seeds in the jars today as they are curing ... my Dark Devils went all moldy so I threw those two out ... I think I saw mold on the Red Mandarin ... the other plants started dying ... it's just a fiasco!!!

So overall ... my first two grows had too many mistakes ... I tried to grow too many different plants ... not enough room ... too much light ... too much heat ... I didn't wash the buds or jars this time ...

I just tried too many different things to see what would happen and it cost me a lot of time ... money ... and medicine!!!

By the way ... did I mention just how much I absolutely hate autoflowers!!!

My Bakerstreets wound up having seeds in the jars today as they are curing ... my Dark Devils went all moldy so I threw those two out ... I think I saw mold on the Red Mandarin ... the other plants started dying ... it's just a fiasco!!!

So overall ... my first two grows had too many mistakes ... I tried to grow too many different plants ... not enough room ... too much light ... too much heat ... I didn't wash the buds or jars this time ...

I just tried too many different things to see what would happen and it cost me a lot of time ... money ... and medicine!!!

Keep working at it, and the consistency will come. Consistency is the key since everything we do in the grow is cumulative, and doing things right all the way from the beginning really makes a big difference down the road when you need to count on those roots. And then when you are starting out, to have so many unknowns, and things you are seeing for the first time and having to learn how to recognize and react to them... yep, we all have made mistakes; that goes along with learning. Each time you will get better and each fiasco will have come with a lesson so as to not repeat that mistake, so progress is there and you still have gotten a bit to smoke, and now you take all of this gained experience and you try an even better variety... It just keeps getting better. :)
And yeah... I admit to a slight disdain for autoflowers... just a little one.

I'm willing to bet you have the tools to plan and execute a grow much to your liking as we type!

Bloom, Day 14

First, let's cover the pollination project. I have not gone back to do a second application of pollen for exactly the reason that I am going to show you... pollen tends to get away from you. There is an active thread asking this question... just how careful do you need to be?
In the area of the tent that I was concentrating on, on Tara, I don't see any obvious spontaneous pollination. Clear across the room, M&M however is showing clear pollination of 3 bud sites. However it happened, most all of the pistils on those three buds got it.... we are going to get hundreds of seeds from M&M too.
DSCF7306.JPG

On Tara, we can see the effects of pollination 10 days in. Already I am seeing swollen calyxes, working on seeds within

DSCF7311.JPG

We should be at the end of stretch at this point, and it turns out that the strong lights have done their job very well. M&M and Tara found little reason to stretch as much as Red did, probably because at the start of bloom she was off in the left side where the light was not so intense, but all of the branches that decided to take off changed their minds when they got up to the point around 12" from the light where the PAR is near 800. They seem to have stopped at that height, and are not complaining at all, and on Red there are about 4 kolas that look like they are going to be outstanding when they fill in.

DSCF7310.JPG
DSCF7308.JPG

Trunk size on all of the plants has increased as expected too:

DSCF7314.JPG

Note the frost already starting to show up on this bud. The strong lights and the good nutrition is allowing this to happen... it takes no more than that. It appears that things are going to get quite frosty in here very soon.
DSCF7307.JPG

Lastly, a view under the canopy. All systematic leaf dying has been halted. The microlife appears to be easily keeping up with the enhanced feeding needs of the fully blooming plants, and the additional potassium being supplied by the Terpinator is really making a noticable difference at this stage of the grow. Knowing that all things are cumulative, I am getting very excited about the overall effect from supplying this added potassium all through bloom, and I am thinking very seriously about adding potash to my soil mixes from now on to automatically supply this need in the soil. I know that others do this regularly... now I understand why.

DSCF7312.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF7309.JPG
    DSCF7309.JPG
    704.8 KB · Views: 35
Highya Emmie,

Very beautiful array of colas you have growing! So bold and pretty. Your method of growing is working great! Cheers

Bloom, Day 14

First, let's cover the pollination project. I have not gone back to do a second application of pollen for exactly the reason that I am going to show you... pollen tends to get away from you. There is an active thread asking this question... just how careful do you need to be?
In the area of the tent that I was concentrating on, on Tara, I don't see any obvious spontaneous pollination. Clear across the room, M&M however is showing clear pollination of 3 bud sites. However it happened, most all of the pistils on those three buds got it.... we are going to get hundreds of seeds from M&M too.
DSCF7306.JPG

On Tara, we can see the effects of pollination 10 days in. Already I am seeing swollen calyxes, working on seeds within

DSCF7311.JPG

We should be at the end of stretch at this point, and it turns out that the strong lights have done their job very well. M&M and Tara found little reason to stretch as much as Red did, probably because at the start of bloom she was off in the left side where the light was not so intense, but all of the branches that decided to take off changed their minds when they got up to the point around 12" from the light where the PAR is near 800. They seem to have stopped at that height, and are not complaining at all, and on Red there are about 4 kolas that look like they are going to be outstanding when they fill in.

DSCF7310.JPG
DSCF7308.JPG

Trunk size on all of the plants has increased as expected too:

DSCF7314.JPG

Note the frost already starting to show up on this bud. The strong lights and the good nutrition is allowing this to happen... it takes no more than that. It appears that things are going to get quite frosty in here very soon.
DSCF7307.JPG

Lastly, a view under the canopy. All systematic leaf dying has been halted. The microlife appears to be easily keeping up with the enhanced feeding needs of the fully blooming plants, and the additional potassium being supplied by the Terpinator is really making a noticable difference at this stage of the grow. Knowing that all things are cumulative, I am getting very excited about the overall effect from supplying this added potassium all through bloom, and I am thinking very seriously about adding potash to my soil mixes from now on to automatically supply this need in the soil. I know that others do this regularly... now I understand why.

DSCF7312.JPG

Amazing frost at only 2 weeks!

I have a plant in FF Ocean Forest soil that is 2 months old ... it is 12 inches wide and maybe 12 inches tall ... I just transplanted it from a 5 gallon pot to a 25 gallon pot of replenished soil ... maybe that will help.

All of my last two harvests just went completely moldy today ... a complete write off ...

I think I should have washed them with H2O2 ... washed the jars too ... maybe let them dry initially for longer than two days ... and not keep them in the jars for days if they are still too wet ...

Oh ... and my girlfriend's daughter's cat ate my CBD seedling today ...

I have a few plants doing well in coco though with AN liquid nutrients ...

I was told today that me and soil and the FF liquid nutrients and AN liquid nutrients just aren't working ...

Maybe I should go with the Mega Crop and Recharge in soil ... and use the AN liquid nutrients in coco ...

One day I'll figure out how to grow in soil ... and I better figure out how to cure properly before the next harvest ...

Oh well ... live and learn ... but at least it's nice to see your grow doing so well!!!

I would use mega crop in everything. I’m Trialing it right now in soiless and hydro. Working very well plants are all perfect. Truthfully though it’s the simplicity I love. Got sick of Measuring multiple bottles.

Plants look great as usual em. I’ve been thinking about making seeds right from the beginning. With your info it seems I should be able to do it with my limited space. Thanks for the very detailed direction.

Amazing frost at only 2 weeks!

I have a plant in FF Ocean Forest soil that is 2 months old ... it is 12 inches wide and maybe 12 inches tall ... I just transplanted it from a 5 gallon pot to a 25 gallon pot of replenished soil ... maybe that will help.

All of my last two harvests just went completely moldy today ... a complete write off ...

I think I should have washed them with H2O2 ... washed the jars too ... maybe let them dry initially for longer than two days ... and not keep them in the jars for days if they are still too wet ...

Oh ... and my girlfriend's daughter's cat ate my CBD seedling today ...

I have a few plants doing well in coco though with AN liquid nutrients ...

I was told today that me and soil and the FF liquid nutrients and AN liquid nutrients just aren't working ...

Maybe I should go with the Mega Crop and Recharge in soil ... and use the AN liquid nutrients in coco ...

One day I'll figure out how to grow in soil ... and I better figure out how to cure properly before the next harvest ...

Oh well ... live and learn ... but at least it's nice to see your grow doing so well!!!
Wow that really sucks about the mold thing and your cat eating one of your seedlings I hope things get better for you soon

I would use mega crop in everything. I’m Trialing it right now in soiless and hydro. Working very well plants are all perfect. Truthfully though it’s the simplicity I love. Got sick of Measuring multiple bottles.

Plants look great as usual em. I’ve been thinking about making seeds right from the beginning. With your info it seems I should be able to do it with my limited space. Thanks for the very detailed direction.

I have one Granddaddy Purple showing signs of cal/mag deficiency with Mega Crop V2.

Good morning

Have a good one yourself. I'm putting together a platform to keep the water storage totes off the ground. How I feel when it's done will determine whether it was a good morning or not. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom