GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

Girls are looking lovely GDB and congrats on the new sprouts.

Hello growers.

I've got an update on the goings ons here.

It's Day 25 for the Fruit Punch auto and the Purple Tahoe (left) and Day 40 for the Purple Dream in the cloth pot.
Not much to say about them. They're just plugging along. The PD in the Lush soil got a dose of Uprising Grow today and the other Dot-fed plants just got a bit of water.
t givin 9-15-22 D25-40.jpg

@Carmen Ray mentioned the other day that she saw a purple tint in the leaves of the PD. At the time I didn't see it but now I clearly do!

The last three seeds I buried have all broken through the soil, although one of the Grandaddy Blacks seems to have stalled. Both the GDBs emerged with membranes still attached. The GDB1 was much more difficult to remove than the GDB2. That might have something to do with her current state.

GDB1 (stalled)
GDB1 9-15-22 D2.JPG

GDB2
GDB2 9-15-22 D1.JPG

Pineapple Express
PE 9-15-22 D2.JPG

As always, I appreciate you stopping by!

Peace.

Hello there!

Whoop! My new baby Grandaddy Black1 that had been stalled has freed herself. She had half a membrane remaining that I could not remove. I just kept spraying a little water on it over the hours and it finally let go.

So the Thanksgiving Harvest grow has now become the Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Year's harvest grow, with 6 plants in play!

Here she is looking much happier than yesterday:

GDB1 9-16-22 D3.JPG

After my recent encounters with the germination gremlin, I'm giddy! :)

Nice of you to stop by.

Peace.

Hello growers.

It's up-pot day for the 2x2 tent girls.

The Purple Tahoe went into a 3 gallon pot filled with Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil and including slightly less than the "heavy" dose of Grow Dots @ 8 tsps. (Realgrowers designates a light feed rate @ 1 tsp of Dots per gallon of soil; a medium rate is tsp per gallon of soil; and, a heavy dose is 3 tsp per gallon of soil.) This starts the clock on the Grow Dots. I'm going to flip her a bit earlier than the 28 days Realgrowers stipulates, probably around day 20 or thereabouts if all goes well with her training.

The Purple Dream also went into a 3 gallon pot but this one filled with Roots Organics Lush soil. She'll be raised on Roots Organics dry nutrients -- Uprising Grow and Uprising Bloom.

And finally the Fruit Punch auto, also on Grow Dots, went into a 2 gallon pot. I gave her 5 tsp of Dots, again just slightly below the "heavy" rate.

The vibe I'm getting from them now is one of being pissed off. Hopefully their mood will improve soon! :)
t givin uppot 9-17-22 D27-42.JPG

The three new babies (2 Grandaddy Blacks and a Pineapple Express) continue along the path to adulthood.
t givin 9-17-22 babies.jpg

They're still in front of my TV on a heat mat and under a mini-LED that I use for seedlings.
t givin mini-led 9-17-22.jpg

I have yet to water the up-potted girls. Typically I just give them about 1/2 liter around the perimeter of an imagined solo cup. This time though, I'm going to try the method @Carass uses and give them about a 1.5 liters and let them drink on that for about a week before I water them again. Letting them sit for a while with no attention appeals to the Lazy-Man in me!

That's all I've got.

Thanks for you time.

Peace.

Hello again.

I forgot to be polite!

Congrats on the new sprouts, GDB!
Thanks so much HashGirl. :thanks:
I'm sure when the three new ones are flopping all over the tent, this varied start will be long forgotten!
I hope to surprise myself with this grow Shed. Going back to using silica to try and curb the flop! :)
Long live the green! :green_heart: :happy-birthday:
Thanks Stone! And congrats on your nomination! :p
The gremlin has spared you GDB! She's a fighter, they grow the best!
Yeah they did Stone. But I could hear those little suckers lurking in the background, giggling.
Looking good up in here! Rooting for the Grandaddy Black. It belongs here. Nice work.
Thanks NTH. I had almost forgotten I had my namesake plant!
:party: :cheer: another healthy baby great to see them all up :circle-of-love:
Thanks so much Gandalf!

(I'm trying to catch up in your journal but it's a tough thing to do around here. I think I'm about half way through!)

Hello again.

I forgot to be polite!

Thanks so much HashGirl. :thanks:

I hope to surprise myself with this grow Shed. Going back to using silica to try and curb the flop! :)

Thanks Stone! And congrats on your nomination! :p

Yeah they did Stone. But I could here those little suckers lurking in the background, giggling.

Thanks NTH. I had almost forgotten I had my namesake plant!

Thanks so much Gandalf!

(I'm trying to catch up in your journal but it's a tough thing to do around here. I think I'm about half way through!)
Nomination? brb

Appreciate the heads up brother! No alerts. I may not have known for some time! Now I can get excited for the duration! That is all. 🍀
Good luck to ya' man! :Rasta:

Looking good over here GDB! And YAY! For the germinations!!!! :high-five:
Not only did I bury the plant too close to the soil but I also neglected to fill the pot with soil.
Stoner….:blunt:
Having plants outside would not be good for my mental health.🤪
LOLOLOLOL. Seriously! I feel like I need therapy after a 6-month grow cycle. :meditate:
The GDB1 was much more difficult to remove than the GDB2. That might have something to do with her current state.
The first thing I thought when I saw that pic was “membrane”. Glad you got it off of her!

Hello growers.

Just a quick update on the Purple Tahoe on her Day 28.

Today was her first training day.
P Tahoe trainin day 9-18-22 D28.jpg

No snaps, crackles or pops! :)

Looking good over here GDB! And YAY! For the germinations!!!! :high-five:
Thanks Boo!
Stoner….:blunt:
Takes on to know one! :laughtwo:
LOLOLOLOL. Seriously! I feel like I need therapy after a 6-month grow cycle. :meditate:
Well I would be a basket case for the duration of an outdoor grow!
The first thing I thought when I saw that pic was “membrane”. Glad you got it off of her!
Good thought, right thought! :)

PEACE

Damn, you've been busy,GDB!
The vibe I'm getting from them now is one of being pissed off. Hopefully their mood will improve soon!
They'll be smiling at you again in no time!
Letting them sit for a while with no attention appeals to the Lazy-Man in me!
And they seem to like the not being messed with for a while too...
No snaps, crackles or pops!
A good way to start the day...whether we're talking plants, or cereal...:)

Back
Top Bottom