GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

:ciao: Hi GDB. Your tents are looking gorgeous as usual. I have a MBM and make the Everclear tincture in that for gummies, etc. I usually run it once, cool overnight, and run it again. I normally use it in gummies and/or under the tongue type doses (for other people). The gummies are really potent and I’ve gone to switching the tincture amounts with the water amounts to accommodate those who want them strong and those who are afraid to take a gummy…lol.
I need to get someone else to try it for a more objective opinion, but I love it! However, being a retiree whose only real "down" time is before breakfast, I might not be the best person to judge it. :)
I’m your Huckleberry. :cheesygrinsmiley:
So, is a tincture like edibles (takes 1.5-2 hours to kick in) or do you feel the effects almost right away?
I often feel the results right away when I lick the spoon or clean up the mess on the molds. I recently made a tincture with MCT oil I bought at Costco and OMG, I had to lay down for a few minutes after that spoon lick! :laugh:

It's the
most
wonderful
time
of the year:
1669849285710.png

Hi Black :)

Omg your Thanksgiving! Soooooo funny!

All that finger lickin chicken cooking for nothing! The last thing proud carvinors carveinoars carvanors meat eaters want at their thanksgiving table is a fucking vegan! Even if it’s an accidental one! Lolling!

Your grow room is looking simply scrumptious!

Hello folks.

I've got solo pics tonight (this morning)!

Why the exclamation point you ask? Well, it's because I'm excited about something other than posting solo pics that's for sure! More about my excitement later.

Fair warning, I'm feeling quite talkative tonight. As @InTheShed recently said, I am a "man of few words." And tonight I will have quite a few. :)

I usually water the plants in place (in the tent) but sometimes I take them out to water them so I can get a good look at them and pinch/pluck some stuff off. When they're out I like to take solo pics when I'm up to it. And I was up to it tonight (this morning).

Here's the Purple Tahoe on Flip + 46. She was (is) on Grow Dots but at her 58th day on them I began supplementing her with Roots Organics (RO) nutrients. She's a very deep green and I'd like to believe it's because she's going to turn purple. But I'm beginning to have doubts about that. The thing is I've never grown this cultivar before and I have no idea what it should look like at this stage. Her pistil production at her tops seems to be less vigorous than the other plants in the tent, which might be related to getting a tad bit too much nitrogen during flower. I'm thinking of skipping the next Roots Organic top-feed date to see if she reverts back to a more "normal" green.
PT 11-30-22 F46.JPG

PT1 11-30-22 F46.JPG

PT bud 11-30-22 F46.JPG

----------

Next the Purple Dream, also on Flip + 46. She's the tallest of the bunch and is being grown using only RO nutes. It's the first time I've tried growing a plant with only the RO nutes and I'm impressed with how they are bringing her along.

PD 11-30-22 F46.JPG

PD2 11-30-22 F46.JPG

PD1 11-30-22 F46.JPG

PD bud 11-30-22 F46.JPG

----------

Next up is the Pineapple Express (in the 2x2 tent). She's on Flip + 25 and just now coming off of a period where she was putting out yellow leaves like crazy. I think that problem was resolved with a little magnesium boost and now she seems lots happier. I'm using some GDBWeights® attached to a few of her longest branches in an attempt to hold them down from getting to close to the @ViparSpectra XS1000.

PE 11-30-22 D25.JPG

PE1 11-30-22 F25.JPG

PE bud 11-30-22 F25.JPG

CONTINUED...

CONTINUED...

The last two plants are both Grandaddy Blacks (a really catchy name :)) both on Flip + 31. GDB #1 used to be the larger of the two but now they appear to be about the same size. They're both on Grow Dots and have not been supplemented with RO nutes yet. I'm having second thoughts about giving them the RO nutes because I've been watching @Carcass grow a beauty using the Dots only and because the Purple Tahoe, where I've already taken that approach, is such a deep green. I may end up supplementing one with the RO nutes and leaving the other to just finish on the Dots alone just to see what occurs. (Sort of a controlled scientific experiment. :laughtwo:)

GDB #1
GBD1 11-30-22 F31.JPG

GBD1 B.JPG

GDB1 bud 11-20-22 F31.JPG

----------

And here's the GDB #2.
GDB2 11-30-22 F31.JPG

GDB2 A 11-30-22 F31.JPG

GBD2 B 11-30-22 F31.JPG

GDB2 bud 11-30-22 F31.JPG

----------

Last up is the Grandaddy Purple clonely. I'm using a rubber-coated plant wire as a weight on her branch in an attempt to keep it from turning up.
GDB clonely weighted 11-30-22 D25.jpg

And now I'm feeling that this post has gone on long enough. I don't want to wear out my welcome.

Perhaps tomorrow or the next day I'll tell you about the excitement I mentioned at the beginning of my prior post. I will say this much: I'm getting a new light! :)

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

Everyone is looking great, GDB. Those GDB are looking fantastic. Congrats on the new light and looking forward to the big news.

They all seem pretty evenly green to me which is interesting given the range of feeding methods you've got going on! I don't think the PT looks greener than the two GDBs (which are equally as good looking as their namesake). Only the PD seems a bit paler than the others, and not in a way that looks like it should be corrected.

That said, cutting back the N at this stage until you see some yellowing down under will make sure you're not hitting the N hard enough to stunt the flowers.
I've been watching @Carcass grow using the Dots only
He is? He added a few waterings with CalMag Pro as I recall to boost the N as I recall.
I'm using a rubber-coated plant wire as a weight on her branch in an attempt to keep it from turning up.
It's turning up anyway. :)
More about my excitement later.
:nomo:
I'll tell you about the excitement I mentioned at the beginning of my prior post. I will say this much: I'm getting a new light!
Oh that didn't take long to reveal! Congrats. :headbanger:

Hello growers.

Just a pic of the 4x4 bunch through the side door tonight. All is well.
TG 12-1-22 F32-47.jpg

----------

Thank you all for the feedback. It's what makes doing these journals fun!

Nice ,super nice 👍 Kinda look like you kno what ur doing there bby
I'm learning to stay out of the way Mello! Thanks so much.
It's a good day when you turn one around! Nice work! :woohoo:
Or in my case, a very good day! Appreciate you Stone.
smooth sailing Big Man :surf:
Hope so Smoke. :Rasta:
You seem to have the Dots thing handled, unlike some folk we know... :cheesygrinsmiley:
I have no idea of whom you speak! :)
Can't wait to hear your exciting news! That stacking, those pistils 🤩
The news is an expected new light Carmen. But I don't have it yet!
Coming along nicely GDB, look forward to hearing more about the new light!
Thanks Stunger. Me too, like when it will get here! :)
Everyone is looking great, GDB. Those GDB are looking fantastic. Congrats on the new light and looking forward to the big news.
The new light is the big news BudMan! After I report on receiving it, there won't be any more big news. :laughtwo:
GDB sweet 😋
Thanx Mello!
Omg they are like a Victoria Secret line up for stoners! Good job, Black :)
Thank you Lady Trala!
It's turning up anyway. :)
Of course it is! You know this is an ongoing process. I'll be adjusting the weights over time. In fact, I've already made an adjustment:
IMG_5866.jpg

That said, cutting back the N at this stage until you see some yellowing down under will make sure you're not hitting the N hard enough to stunt the flowers.
The PT is a much deeper green but it must not be something I can't capture in the pics. Still not sure if I will skip the next top-feed. Now I'm thinking of just giving it 1/2 dose of the Bloom (3-6-4) and none of the Foundation (2-1-1).
He is? He added a few waterings with CalMag Pro as I recall to boost the N as I recall.
Don't stickle Shed.

Anyway, when he did that he didn't get the result he wanted so that should count as a "No-Add." :laughtwo:
Oh that didn't take long to reveal! Congrats. :headbanger:
Yeah. It only takes a "few" words. :straightface:

PEACE.

The news is an expected new light
I love surprises but that's only half the surprise GDB, we know that part 😃 What you do with it is the next part! Are you going to change out the light for this grow or a new grow? :hippy: We'll wait to hear :popcorn:

You know if you want that plant to grow down Ya need to put the light under it ? ! :ganjamon:
Too funny Smoke!

I've been dealing with her on the daily 'cause she's determined to grow horizontally. But all she's got is her will. I've got all kind of tools at my disposal to keep her down.

Resistance is futile!

GDB clonely D29.jpg

Hello growers.

VIPARSECTRA IN THE HOUSE!

Yesterday my new light was delivered! It was in a tan cardboard box that was taped shut. :straightface:

Vipar box 12-2-22.jpg

No, seriously, I'm quite excited about having some new gear to work with. It's a KS5000 from @ViparSpectra and I am so appreciative of their sponsorship and largesse!:thanks:

----------

I want to get a grow started with this baby ASAP. So last night turned into MOVING NIGHT.

I had planned to put the new light in the 4x4, so to get started quickly I decided to move the flowering girls in the 4x4 down to my idle 5x5 tent to spend their latter days. I hope the change doesn't screw them up. They're now under the Mega light which packs a little more punch than the one they've grown under to this point.

I also took the Pineapple Express (out of the 2x2) sown there because, hell, I had the room to move it in there too!

Here they are in their new house:
TG moving day 12-2-22 F.jpg

They look smaller now, don't they? :)

In the coming days I'll be cleaning the 4x4 and installing the KS5000.

Seed selections for the next grow have been almost made and I may be doing a sorta' collaborative grow with another 420 member. If that happens you can read about it in the threads we'll be starting.

That's all for now. Much more to come!

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

Back
Top Bottom