GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

Hello folks.

I took down the 2 Grandaddy Blacks today.

My attempt at droughting these 2 took them right to the edge. They felt a little crispy as I worked on them. I hope I didn't take them a bridge too far. I don't think I did but I do believe I got real close to doing so! :straightface:

Here's their OBIT pic:
GDBS Obit2 1-20-23 F81.JPG

A silhouette shot:
GDBs END silhouette 1-20-23 F 81.JPG

Her "No Longer Supported" pic is not nearly as dramatic as I thought it would be. When I removed her supports she mostly stayed upright.
GDBS end no support 1-20-23.jpg

Pile of branches. I'm going to be here for a minute. Good thing I've got some Miller Lites!
GDBs END pile1 1-20-23 F81.JPG

Vexed once again by side branch buds. I'm starting to really dislike these under-developed things and will try to avoid them in future grows. (I gave this pile to my wayward son, who likes to cook with weed and was happy to take them.)
GDBs vexed 1-20-23 F81.jpg

After a trim:
GDBs END lite trim 1-20-23 F81.JPG

I scoped her before takedown. Not that it mattered because she was coming down no matter what. But it seems I took her a bit early.
GDB_scope2 1-20-23 F81.jpg

GDB_scope1 1-20-23 F81.jpg

GDB_scope 1-20-23 F81.jpg

Per my usual practice as of late, I put the goodies in a brown paper bag and stuck it in the fridge for the night.

Now only the Pineapple Express remains for the Thanksgiving Harvest grow! I can say with confidence that the last Thanksgiving plant will come down before Easter. :)

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.
Wow what an Amazing harvest, congratulations my friend. :bravo:
Hope you get some time to relax this weekend.
Take care.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Maybe gently with the crispy because the moisture is inside the buds and stems. I feel confident that as soon as they are in the jars they will normalize. I can't remember what you use to control humidity in cure? Gooi in some fresh sticks and see if that brings the moisture up a bit? Whadaya think?

I once harvested 2 plants that were ready, and then I decided I should make it easy for myself and harvest a 3rd plant that was wasn't quite ready but I felt it'd be nice and tidy to take it down with the others. It was a bad decision and I effectively wasted all the time and growth that went into the plant for a weak result. So from then on I try to harvest only when ready. That's just my 2 cents, your's may well be in the harvest 'zone' anyway. Cheers.
Yeah. Duly noted Stunger.

I won't take her if its way too soon.

looks awesome you have some huge buds there
Thanks Con.
And all of a sudden a burden becomes your best friend!
Weird, huh? :)

Do you like the taste of the frige dry better ? the PE is looking Good but not quite ready IF ur looking for opinions LOL
Back when I was smoking I never really noticed a difference in the taste. I don't smoke much these days. But I will see if the fridge-dried ones smash any better! :Rasta:
didn't know you had another grow on the go nice looking plants once again, is there a reason for snipping the ends of the leaves ?
You mean on the GM cut, right? I attempt cloning both ways, sometimes snipping the leaves and sometimes leaving them intact. However, this cut was taken from the top of a plant and had some large leaves. Snipping was required to fit the cut into the cloner.
Congratulations on the harvest. Nice buds!
Thanks so much Stinker! :thanks:
Sometimes upright is better than the flop. :)
I know it sure caught me by surprise! :)
Nice work GDB! I look forward to your thoughts on the droughted buds.
Thanks Stunger. I hope it was worth the stress!
Gooi in some fresh sticks and see if that brings the moisture up a bit? Whadaya think?
I think they'll be fine Carmen. There's still plenty of moisture in them.
Oh ja, and have a lekker post harvest weekend :)
You have a nice weekend too! :Rasta:
Congrats on yet another harvest GDB. And a draughted one at that! Looking forward to your observations of those buds when you're able to warm them up. ;)
Thanks Azi! I'm looking forward.

Wow what an Amazing harvest, congratulations my friend. :bravo:
Hope you get some time to relax this weekend.
Take care.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks so much "Construction Skill" Bill! You have a great weekend on purpose!

Thanks Con.

Back when I was smoking I never really noticed a difference in the taste. I don't smoke much these days. But I will see if the fridge-dried ones smash any better! :Rasta:

You mean on the GM cut, right? I attempt cloning both ways, sometimes snipping the leaves and sometimes leaving them intact. However, this cut was taken from the top of a plant and had some large leaves. Snipping was required to fit the cut into the cloner.

yes the GM
Thanks Con.

yes the GM cut sorry wrong thread, thanks for the explanation

Good morning all and Happy Sunday!

MY "LEAVES ME GUESSING" TEST
If you've been following along here you know that as my plants near maturity I start snipping the tips from buds for trich inspections under my scope. As I do this, those little snippets get placed in loosely wrapped foil and set upon my warm cable TV box to dry.

Well I've done quite a bit of snipping this grow and now the foil is stocked with plenty of dried snippets.
Testers 1-22-23.jpg

This one contains bits of the Purple Tahoe, the Purple Dream and the Grandaddy Blacks. These are my tester buds!

This morning I sucked on my inhaler and then loaded up a small bowl from the foil.

Something in there tastes very, very nice! Or it could be the combination of the 3 that tastes very, very nice. Or it could be that because I so seldom combust weed these days (even though I love to do it) something tastes very, very nice.

In addition, now I'm feeling quite loopy!

So I'm thinking this is a pretty dumb way to test one's weed because all it does is leave one guessing.

Whatever. I'm gonna' hit another small bowl now! :Rasta:

PEACE.

Belated congrats on 2 more great harvests!
They looked a little rough till you got rid of those leaves...now they look yummy..🤤
This one contains bits of the Purple Tahoe, the Purple Dream and the Grandaddy Blacks.
so, GDB's "special Thanksgiving blend"?

Hello growers.

I don't have much to report on here. I'm just watching and waiting on the last plant of this grow, the Pineapple Express, to reach her end. She's plugging along on her flip + 79.

I thought some of you might be interested in one of the things I find cool about drying weed in the fridge using Mason jars.

During the drying process you get visual clues as to the progress. And because they're in jars it's easy to see!

As the buds dry they become more compact and take up less space in the jar.

When I first put the buds in on the 16th I filled the jars nearly to the top:
img_6164-jpg.2637075

Now on day 7 of the dry, they are approaching the half-full jar point:
PD dry day 7 1-23-23.jpg

There are audible clues as well.

When first jarred and for days afterward, if you give the jar a mild shake you'll hear nothing but a muffled sound. But as they become drier, a slight shake of the jar begins to emit a "clink, clink" sound as the drier buds hit against the glass.

I don't do this too often because I don't like shaking the jars. But every so often I will give one a little shake just to hear the sound it makes!

Okay. I'll admit I'm easily impressed by little simple stuff. But I'm not ashamed of having that trait! :)

PEACE.

Okay. I'll admit I'm easily impressed by little simple stuff.
As am I- that's pretty interesting, GDB-

I don't like shaking the jars, either- but sometimes I have to to break up the chunks when everything sticks together in the jar.

As am I- that's pretty interesting, GDB-

I don't like shaking the jars, either- but sometimes I have to to break up the chunks when everything sticks together in the jar.
Thanks C!

I use a chopstick to poke inside and move stuff around. :Rasta:

My eye Strain has been atrocious lately and sorry I’m late getting around. But I congratulate you on another fine harvest for your bud bank.

some of you might be interested in one of the things I find cool about drying weed in the fridge using Mason jars.
I may need to broaden my take on the curing and storage of my bud.I pretty much stick with the accurate and trusty Zon supplied hygrometer.o_O
99D6CB2C-5BEB-4831-B6C0-D80444A26D86.jpeg

I like to put three or four in a jar then I can get a nice average humidity reading.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom