Grape Ape & Golden Tiger Hit the Shower - DBHBB & 600W HPS - Winter 2016

Weekend Update (beginning week #20)
109 days since flip to 12/12, currently on 11/13
One week 'till judgement day

Just a quickie today, gang. The two remaining GT(+) look the same as they did last time around. I can't say I'm seeing additional bulking or other changes. Trich's are mostly cloudy, but still with plenty of clear and not a speck of amber to be found.

I am going to chop them next weekend unless something changes in the meantime. That will put them at more than 16 weeks of bloom, with no end in sight. Here are a couple of quick close-ups under HPS and LED I grabbed this morning.

GT29.jpg

GT10.jpg

I think my next update will close this thread out. Once I get some photos before and after chop, along with ready-to-jar weights, it will be a wrap.

For anyone is interested in my summer grow, the link is in my signature below.
WARNING! It starts off ugly and is rated TV-MA for unintentional plant violence. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Cheers, gang! Have an awesome week!

Nice work the buds are amazing to see.
:welldone:
:thanks:

Took one plant down today myself. She had been growing for quite a while. Your plants look ready to finish for sure!:cheesygrinsmiley::thumb:

They had their last G.E. drench yesterday. That should hold them till mid-week. I'll give them plain water and then they will come down a couple days later. I'd do it a little sooner, but have company coming over so no time.

Congrat's on your harvest!

Thanks Major. Been very pleased with the brood lately - three strains that are new to me and all of them appear to be winners. Still haven't made up my mind what I'll cram the 6x6 greenhouse full of over the summer...

I'm excited to see your GT harvest!

Major, any last Brix before they say goodbye? :)
No. The leaves are all pretty much toast. I tried Epsom and I didn't have any of the other newer kit add-ons. I couldn't get a drop of anything from them w/o crushing a bud.

Major's GT's. must feel like part of the family...:rofl::rofl::rofl: 16 weeks....could go for another 4 i'm sure...:wood:. I'm looking forward to growing some Lilly from ACE...90 + % Sativa ...done in 7-8 weeks..Nicknamed "Pina Colada"..yeepa, yeepa! Cheers eh...:high-five:
I think they could go another 4 weeks from the looks of them. One plant (#2) is doing better than the other. GT(+) #1 is the taller pheno I had to SC early on. I am seeing a few mites back on her but don't want to spray anything this late in the game. Time for this family member to leave. :cheesygrinsmiley:

No. The leaves are all pretty much toast. I tried Epsom and I didn't have any of the other newer kit add-ons. I couldn't get a drop of anything from them w/o crushing a bud.

I think they could go another 4 weeks from the looks of them. One plant (#2) is doing better than the other. GT(+) #1 is the taller pheno I had to SC early on. I am seeing a few mites back on her but don't want to spray anything this late in the game. Time for this family member to leave. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I spray the stems ..I think it helps a lot, when there is limited foliage to spray :)

Beautiful work Major! Funny she doesn't want to stop--I have an afghani in week 10 right now...she similarly just doesn't seem to be done yet!

I wonder if the HB prevents these plants from 'ripening' the way they 'usually' do (or have evolved to do?) once they've depleted the soil of so many minerals...

Looking forward to watching another one of your outdoor summer grows!

Stoney-
This is a first for me. I think it is strain-dependant. In my previous HB experience the plants finished like "normal". :high-five:

Stoney-
This is a first for me. I think it is strain-dependant. In my previous HB experience the plants finished like "normal". :high-five:

agreed..its more random for me than strain specific. Ive accidentally and purposely extended and shortened the flowering times of almost everything Ive grown. Sometimes they just want to do their own thing too :thumb:

Weekend Update (chopped on day 151 / 113 days since flip)

GT112.jpg
GT212.jpg
GT251.jpg
GT221.jpg
GT242.jpg
GT232.jpg
GT_Chopped.jpg
GT_Wash.jpg
GT272.jpg
All_Bud.jpg
144G.jpg
160G.jpg
GT_Bud7.jpg
GT_Bud11.jpg
GT_Bud3.jpg
GT_Bud16.jpg
GT_Bud5.jpg
GT_Bud14.jpg
Jarred2.jpg

Some excellent photos Major of beautiful buds.:goodjob:

taste test??? :)

looks great, major!! congratulations.. :)

Thank you gentlemen!

I do have a tester ready to try but I'm running a chainsaw and wood chipper today, so...
The smell is still bright but has moved from citrus to some evergreen-like smell. My wife says it is spruce. Sounds about right from what I remember of a spruce beer I had a few years ago.

Whoa! That's a fine yield from two plants in the shower. Seems like the 120+ days were worth it. I might need to try that sometime. How much headroom do you have?

Nice fun grow to watch. Thanks for sharing, Major.

Whoa! That's a fine yield from two plants in the shower. Seems like the 120+ days were worth it. I might need to try that sometime. How much headroom do you have?

Nice fun grow to watch. Thanks for sharing, Major.

Thanks PeeJay!

The shower has 8' an ceiling but I lose a little with the shower pan and insulation under the pots. Without changing the hangers on my HPS hood, I can net 6' from the floor to light. The shorter one worked out well with the quick veg. The taller plant was supercropped. Each stem actual goes up then circles around the pot to come back up on the other side, adding about 12" to its length w/o going higher.

It will be interesting to see how it grows outside, if I can keep it healthy. I'd love to see what you can do to tame the Tigers!

Back
Top Bottom