Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

Just popped some more pineapple kush seeds. Going to give fluxing a try. So basically I just top after first true node. Then tie down and defoil till everything catches up.

Maybe I'm lazy or maybe its saying something... But your journals are the only ones I'm subbed to. :)

Happy Sunday!

Hey Milkman, Right the answer depends on how many levels you want. really a true flux is like mine at mo with one level. You can do a number of nodes if wanted.
From my point of view, MJ when young produces branching from a couple of inferior points. The first if they develop is just after the single blade leaf the first tiny node point. The second is the next one up from the first Obviously lol. Anyway I remove these totally with tweezers when still really young. So I believe the best node to start from is the third one! It is at a point where it is substantial and can carry all the nutrition needed.
Hey Stumped yeah as said above then strap down readjusting daily, defol where needed and train as you desire! Also my friend your to kind but you should check some of the other growers out as I'm nothing special and there are guys on here with loads more experience than me!

That's how I have always trained through veg, using light to promote growth where I want it lol. Also I advise giving the pinch technique a go also, to stunt growth where needed. Combine these two methods and you have complete control over the form of your girl. Its all very simple really you get to control everything in veg. So using selective defol, Light positioning only where you want strong growth and then the pinching technique to even out where needed. this combined with LST gives you complete freedom to do as you please. Simple really!

To elaborate on what Sky was saying, I am testing to see if growth manipulation can be implemented without the excessive use of HST. Although it does give you total manipulation, it greatly increases vegetative time as well as recovery time per HST session. In fact evidence is providing that more light penetration=less stretch and vice versa. I'll be posting more results in my journal once everything has been gathered.

Ah right AG that makes more sense, I'll be very interested on your findings. I'm just a real mean shit to my girls and love putting em through hell lol!
Harley yeah I would've left her to grow another node but she was a mutant and naturally went all Flux on me without any help!

Here is a few pics of her today. Also of my Monster cropped clone. To finish just a few of my WW and which shoots I trim on all my girls no matter what training they get.
20131027_152449.jpg
20131027_152501.jpg
20131027_152505.jpg
20131027_152547.jpg
20131027_152553.jpg
20131027_152528.jpg
20131027_152531.jpg
20131027_152911.jpg
20131027_153113.jpg
20131027_153119.jpg
20131027_152815.jpg
20131027_152920.jpg
20131027_153247.jpg

looking good mate,

more light penetration does indeed mean less stretch, its why the defol method works so well, all the light gets to all the plant so nothing has to stretch to the light, some lst and defol i think is well worth doing,

this fluxing idea is also a great idea and will be interesting to see how light addicts take on ML goes, its looking great so far mate

Cheers and hey Dpaul, Jay and Dr pep. Just a little pic update, after some more defol and adjustment. Also I'm showing my little WW topped after 4th node. First 2 I removed as shown earlier in thread. So she will only have 2 sets of branches. As said I'm gonna do a double Fluxed waffle design on her, (probably) Also she got re potted as getting a little root bound. Normally I'd go straight to my big pot at this point but want to build this ones root mass up slowly building pot size every couple of weeks,until flower at least then up to my big un!
20131028_160328.jpg
20131028_160342.jpg
20131028_160404.jpg
20131028_160417.jpg
20131028_160453.jpg
20131028_160505.jpg
20131028_161151.jpg

i think this method will work well, its topped really early so growth hormones and nutrients are split between the 2 main branches, then keeping it neat like that will keep certainly help distribute the nutrients evenly so im thinking and hoping its going to produce some really big buds, cant wait to see how this turns out,

its one ill try at some point, my next grow is the purps then ill try something different,

Cheers Dpaul. Yeah Im gonna make my mind up soon how many buds I want. How many I will let grow in centre of plant if any? Nothing is set in stone as I just wing it lol! Im thinking just run the ends out for a while longer giving even more limbs then train and bruise these to promote thickening of all these stems lead em out into bi personal space for each end then let all ends build up for a week or two before letting her flower. We syall se

LA, thanxx a mill. The soil came today.:high-five:

Im thinking just run the ends out for a while longer giving even more limbs then train and bruise these to promote thickening of all these stems lead em out into bi personal space for each end then let all ends build up for a week or two before letting her flower. We syall se

That summarizes my new plan. I plan to stretch them in the exact same pattern you've grown till the horizontals reach the wall. From this point I will veg till all branches bend about 90° up towards the light and once they get a couple inches of vertical growth, flip to flower where each branch can grow the single cola SOG style to maximize bud production in a limited space.

On another note, if you take your same fluxed plant and spread each branch out further, once each is established along the horizontal plain, and they begin to grow up, I think may be able to be used as a super mom whereby each branch is grown a few weeks into veg, then chopped at the base to be cloned. I don't know enough about this plant to know if that would be worth the attempt to clone a mid to late vegging plant, but would it be possible to have a single fluxed plant spend extra development time in veg just to build a vegetatively mature vegging plant on top of a fluxed branch? If yes, an entire plant could be ready for flower once the root system is strong enough after being cloned. So it takes way longer in the front end, but can drop ready vegged plants rapidly out the back end.

Lots of possibilities with Flux!

Hey all not much to say as yet, still haven't fed her or watered since I did the save on the medium. Ages ago now. she is going great to be honest she just gets left in the closet and forgot about. I'm letting her build some leaves at mo simply out of being Idle. She will get more training and defol in a few days. After the defol I'll start pinching certain shoots to stunt their growth and even everything out along my flux!
Also, not sure if my clone is taking or not?! any input welcome!
The little WW (Molly Mcfly)is doing ok still just being ignored in the closet!
20131030_182407.jpg
20131030_182418.jpg
20131030_182430.jpg
20131030_182555.jpg
20131030_182548.jpg
20131030_182541.jpg

Thanks for sharing all your info, never miss a post. Looking good and can't wait to see her in flower. Another plant of the month?

Back
Top Bottom