Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

Sunshine and cloud here today. Which is nice as it's rained for most of the last 4 weeks. My lawn is over a foot tall now. Ha ha. Every time I had the chance to cut it, it started raining again. Thankfully it's just a small patch. My indoor garden is better cared for.

My lawn is over a foot tall now. Ha ha. Every time I had the chance to cut it, it started raining again. Thankfully it's just a small patch. My indoor garden is better cared for.
:laughtwo:...that inspired me to add to this thread...

Highya BH,

I just went down and checked my ladies. Actually they're little girls at 2' 4". and yes soggy looking. But the soil is well drained, where they've been in the soil outdoors over a month, they are quite bushy. I've never grown a "Mobsta" strain before so I don't know what to expect. Guess I better look it up. I am very pleased they're still alive and doing okay, so when the sun comes out again, they'll jump to attention. I did just put out a few seedlings at another lady's house (I do some work for) . It'll be interesting to see if they made it. I can't produce any pics because all my technology for taking pictures has crapped out, and I have to leave it there, due to income shortages. So, we'll see what mother nature will throw at us next!! Cheers

Highya BH,

I just went down and checked my ladies. Actually they're little girls at 2' 4". and yes soggy looking. But the soil is well drained, where they've been in the soil outdoors over a month, they are quite bushy. I've never grown a "Mobsta" strain before so I don't know what to expect. Guess I better look it up. I am very pleased they're still alive and doing okay, so when the sun comes out again, they'll jump to attention. I did just put out a few seedlings at another lady's house (I do some work for) . It'll be interesting to see if they made it. I can't produce any pics because all my technology for taking pictures has crapped out, and I have to leave it there, due to income shortages. So, we'll see what mother nature will throw at us next!! Cheers
Just talked to my guy at the hardware store who grows outdoors and he just shook his head and said "nothing's growing"...glad yours are doing well...that month in the ground served them well.

It rained really hard last night....not just a lot, but hard. Made me really appreciate that all my young plants were covered and not getting pounded. I need to ask local outdoor growers how their plants are managing, as I know they mostly put them out June 1 and this month has been a lot of rain....which is great for field crops, just not so much for cannabis seedlings!
I was worried about my lettuce and cabbage transplants (put in the ground this week) getting beat to hell from the rain down here. I went out to check on them a bit ago and they were like "shit dude, this ain't nothing!!". They looked great. I was a bit worried about the beets and peppers as well since they were really young as well and they look great too.

Its been a wet one for sure!! Hope you have a great weekend Blew!

Just talked to my guy at the hardware store who grows outdoors and he just shook his head and said "nothing's growing"...glad yours are doing well...that month in the ground served them well.
I have a few plants in pots on our back deck and they were taking a beating in May. They seem to be doing better now in June with a little bit warmer weather but they need a break from the rain for sure. Definitely not growing anywhere nearly as fast as I expected them to under the "sun".

I was worried about my lettuce and cabbage transplants (put in the ground this week) getting beat to hell from the rain down here. I went out to check on them a bit ago and they were like "shit dude, this ain't nothing!!". They looked great. I was a bit worried about the beets and peppers as well since they were really young as well and they look great too.
I have a few plants in pots on our back deck and they were taking a beating in May. They seem to be doing better now in June with a little bit warmer weather but they need a break from the rain for sure. Definitely not growing anywhere nearly as fast as I expected them to under the "sun".
Good news all around! I was walking across my field today and I got a boot sucked down about a foot in a muddy spot! My pigs were laughing at me :)
Always sad today because days are now getting shorter
Yep, but we're ready for what summer brings.
Both true ...

You have the luxury of you're own pigs. Nothing like it! For yourself or do you farm commercial on them? Silly question both huh?
We raise them for ourselves and we donate one a year to our local food pantry. Just cooking up some Northern Beans with diced bacon chunks for dinner.... :slide:

Nothing like fresh pork!
Oooh Baby! That's living!
In the words of Homer Simpson "a Magical, Wonderful Animal"

Not only is it nice knowing where they came from, but what they eat during their lives. Our pigs eat better than 95% of America...they get all the day old produce from our local market with some occasional dairy. They are pasture raised so they are slow to put on weight...we keep them a year and then off to the butcher. When we do Christmas baskets for friends it is usually a combo of cannabis and pork (and honey and jam).

We also raise chickens for eggs and meat.

I always tell my kids (only half-jokingly) "that's a $20 pork chop" you're eating ...because in any city it would be.

Definitely not growing anywhere nearly as fast as I expected them to under the "sun".
Just thinking a little more on this..you will definitely notice a dramatic increase in the rate of growth once they get more foliage...then it becomes exponential and they grow much faster than under lights...

Good news all around! I was walking across my field today and I got a boot sucked down about a foot in a muddy spot! My pigs were laughing at me :)

Both true ...
Going to no till soil from here on out. Really makes a difference when its really wet. But you gotta produce a shit load of compost to make it work.

Going to no till soil from here on out. Really makes a difference when its really wet. But you gotta produce a shit load of compost to make it work.
This was the field I just had the pigs on for a year and planted with buckwheat...it smells a lot better than it did a month ago :)

Highya BH,

I hope you don't mind, but I finally garnered a picture of one of our plants uploaded. This is my Mobsta still hanging on after the rain. Around the outside, I planted some red clover for a cover crop to produce nitrogen for use. Hope it's available near the end. The fans always turn yellow, so will be a good experiment.

Back
Top Bottom