Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

I survived...I was in Zombie Mode Monday! My kids school had a 20%+ infection rate and they, by law, had to notify the CDC. Nasty shit.
They shut down 2 different schools close to our place, so they could sanitize the buildings. Kids were dropping like flies. Took like 3 days to get opened up again.

o_O

They shut down 2 different schools close to our place, so they could sanitize the buildings. Kids were dropping like flies. Took like 3 days to get opened up again.
Shit is real....

The 1918 influenza pandemic (January 1918 – December 1920; colloquiallyknown as Spanish flu) was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic, the first of the two pandemics involving H1N1 influenza virus.[1] It infected 500 million people around the world,[2] including people on remote Pacific islands and in the Arctic, and resulted in the deaths of 50 to 100 million (three to five percent of the world's population),[3] making it one of the deadliest natural disasters in human history.[4][5][6]

Infectious disease already limited life expectancy in the early 20th century. But in the first year of the pandemic, life expectancy in the United States dropped by about 12 years.[7][8][9] Most influenza outbreaks disproportionately kill juvenile, elderly, or already weakened patients but the 1918 pandemic predominantly killed previously healthy young adults.[10]

To maintain morale, wartime censors minimized early reports of illness and mortality in Germany, the United Kingdom, France, and the United States.[11][12]Papers were free to report the epidemic's effects in neutral Spain (such as the grave illness of King Alfonso XIII).[13] This created a false impression of Spain as especially hard hit,[14] thereby giving rise to the pandemic's nickname, "Spanish Flu".[15]

Girls are looking super tasty! Hope your feeling better flu got ahold of me down here in FL as well

Harvest Report: I harvested the Kush Auto and NLxBB last night, squeezed in between feeding the pigs and the in-laws. If all my grows went like these two...I'd never learn anything! Actually the reverse holds true...I applied all my learned lessons, everything worked to plan, and they were a total pleasure to grow. Will gladly try these same genetics again...Kush especially...she had my eye from early days. So I quick chopped them into paper bags @ the Cottage and left them in my car while I fed the family and then brought them in after the kids went to bed (and in-laws left) and did a quick hand trim before they went into the root cellar for a few days drying. It smelled like I had, no shit, murdered a skunk in my house...I seriously was waiting for my wife to call down and say "enough...we're trying to sleep"...luckily everyone had a long day and sleep prevailed. I don't weight harvests, but these were my heaviest, stickiest, stinkiest buds yet..just an awesome water-only, organic soil grow from seed to harvest.

I use a little bit of twisted florist wire to spread the main colas during the last few weeks

Other plants now have some breathing room to grow

Highya BH,

Gorgeous looking colas. The best job I've seen to date. They look impressive! Yeah, they'll smoke very nice. Cheers

Looks great bud, nice job
Congrats on the harvest Blew!
Ya nailed it blew. Once you got that tent setup locked in it was cruise control. Grats on the harvest
Gorgeous looking colas. The best job I've seen to date. They look impressive!
Great looking harvest, Blew!
Congrats on the harvest blew!! Looks awesome!
:thanks:
Nice to hear about the skunk smell......lots of people searching for that smell.
I usually harvest with kids at school and/or with an open window...my eyes were burning from the stank...my wife just gave me the slow head shake this morning :laugh:

I need to finish up the basement cave. Got the entertainment center and TV up down there, just gotta hook everything up. Then I will have everything needed for the upcoming harvests. Will be nice to be able to the whole harvest in the basement.

I need to finish up the basement cave. Got the entertainment center and TV up down there, just gotta hook everything up. Then I will have everything needed for the upcoming harvests. Will be nice to be able to the whole harvest in the basement.
Would be nice to have a big overhead shop light....I usually wear a headlamp :cool:

Yeah lighting is something I am going to have to address down there. Or invest in a couple good headlamps!
We have many types of headlamps and they work better outside doing chores...nothing beats a big old overhead shop light...preferably one that gives you a slight redneck burn when you're harvesting!

He grew his outside and it was massive and withstood a severe weather system.

NORTHERN SOUL

That was one of the only strains that survived the supercell which took out last season crops. It wasn’t a coincidence either because all 3 survived it. These were freebies too! @SeedsMan.
They were touching the ground after that storm. I almost wrote them off and walked away with disgust, BUT 24 hrs later they were back upright buy themselves, and with a vengeance too!

@Blew Hiller hey buddy I hope all is well with the family on the homestead, yes they were massive plants, now that I see how they grow I will keep them not as big this season. On chop day my wife had to bend those giants over for me to even attempt to reach inside and cut bud. Finally ended up lassoing the trees with ropes and tying them down to work on them, I couldn’t imagine putting this strain in full sun. Root base filled up 100 gal fabric pots in no time, and were growing out the bottom and into the ground.

PRO’S
Excellent strain. Very hardy for NEast outdoor growers. Took a beatn from slugs and superseded. Responds to pruning, training and topping well.
What I really liked about this strain is that all three plants grew very proportional and consistent to each other in terms of bud sites. Beautiful consistent buds from the inside out on all three girls. Not just big fat colas on branches. Combine that factor with a 12’ tree, i can tell you it adds up.
Those in the NE experienced horrible finishing weather last fall. Very wet. These girls did great. Mold resistance and finishing times are key factors in my specific area.

My finishing time was October 21, started flowering mid August. Takes the first frost well. Will gum up those trimming scissors in no time.

Upbeat body high, not lazy buy any means. Great flavor, the moment I open up a jar, the entire room stinks for a day.

CONS
Multiple bud sites = more time trimming. (Worth every second!)
Some crappy cell pics for ya
Pics of trees are in my retired grow journal

@Blew Hiller hey buddy I hope all is well with the family on the homestead, yes they were massive plants, now that I see how they grow I will keep them not as big this season. On chop day my wife had to bend those giants over for me to even attempt to reach inside and cut bud. Finally ended up lassoing the trees with ropes and tying them down to work on them, I couldn’t imagine putting this strain in full sun. Root base filled up 100 gal fabric pots in no time, and were growing out the bottom and into the ground.

PRO’S
Excellent strain. Very hardy for NEast outdoor growers. Took a beatn from slugs and superseded. Responds to pruning, training and topping well.
What I really liked about this strain is that all three plants grew very proportional and consistent to each other in terms of bud sites. Beautiful consistent buds from the inside out on all three girls. Not just big fat colas on branches. Combine that factor with a 12’ tree, i can tell you it adds up.
Those in the NE experienced horrible finishing weather last fall. Very wet. These girls did great. Mold resistance and finishing times are key factors in my specific area.

My finishing time was October 21, started flowering mid August. Takes the first frost well. Will gum up those trimming scissors in no time.

Upbeat body high, not lazy buy any means. Great flavor, the moment I open up a jar, the entire room stinks for a day.

CONS
Multiple bud sites = more time trimming. (Worth every second!)
Some crappy cell pics for ya
Pics of trees are in my retired grow journal
How strange is the universe? I was just thinking about sending you a PM this morning because I was wondering where you'd been....good to hear from you. Hoping to follow your 2019 summer grow as well. Besides the usual we are adding a 14x18' timber frame cabin (for rent) and we are trying to have it done by June...gotta have a goal!

Back
Top Bottom