I would imagine it depends on the depth the container. If I had to guess I’d say 2 weeks.
Maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

My new auto. Cherry cola from fast buds. Still top watering with a little bit of mega crop. Using all promix hp in the earth box. I started this one in the pot. I know it’s not gonna root like my photo has but how long you guys think before it’ll start drinking from the reservoir

IMG_0326.jpeg
I harvested a Cherry Cola Auto a couple months ago. Great smoke, great flavor, heavy yield. Got a little bit of bud rot at the end of the grow, though, and lost a couple big buds. Still ended up with 6.5 quarts of solid buds at the finale.

I would imagine it depends on the depth the container. If I had to guess I’d say 2 weeks.
Maybe someone with more experience will chime in.
Yeah, a couple of weeks. And the roots don't have to reach the reservoir as the soil will wick water up above it.

Great news! I heard back from RezDog. He's had a series of in and outs at the hospital but thinks he's now at the back end of that. He says his cancer is getting beaten back. He's tired, but fighting the fight! :thumb:
I had a shit day, and this put a big smile on my face. Git em Res Dog!

Thank You for the good news, Azi👍

Here's the latest from RezDog's profile post:

-------------

I'm here buddy. It's been an experience but I'm out of hospital and feeling like it's gonna stick this time. Been admitted through emerg 5 times since Christmas. Nightmare, even though I come in on ambulance, the triage nurses don't always get that even though I'm just a guy puking, I've been puking for 48hrs straight without end, had a very recent esophagectomy, and need IV fluids, IV emetics and IV benzodiazepines or hydromorphone, depending don't the incident.

To make things really crazy, my mom broke her hip and needed emerg surgery and my Dad's ticker gave him issues that resulted in a week in hospital. We're going down like bowling pins over here.

Anyway, the hospital care is by and large wonderful, and I'd jump on a grenade for those nurses, but coming in through emerg that many times, that sick, especially that last time, was personally apocalyptic.

I've been off ''the screens'' for a while just because I've felt so poorly and only had a tiny iPhone in the hospital - where I've been 9 days out of 10 since Christmas. Extreme nausea is the worst man, I'd rather re-live the worst pain I've felt in my life than the nausea I feel sometimes.

This time I've been home for 10 days, which is a record for the last 3 months so I'm def. trending upward and building some momentum in the right direction. Today I went with my Dad to Buckerfeilds Supply and picked up my seed potatoes for the garden. I'm gonna fill more than half of my 35ft. raised bed with potatoes this year. They'll love the blazing sun in that spot all summer. Unfortunately, I need to go turn it over somewhat. The weeds have created surface roots that are like a woven mat. I also bought some new tomato, cucumber and bean seeds, and I bought a tray of spinach seedlings, cabbage, and half a dozen patio tomato plants, most of which will go into 27 gal tote-SIPs.

Hope you've been hanging in there, this Missus too. I'll go check out your threads - I'havent even been gohsting you guys - although my daughter logs in as me now and then. Damn kids, they act like they don't need you, then use yer stuff. Paying for my sins, I am.

--------

Well it's been a week and 2 days since we chopped this Sour Diesel and she's looking good and strong.
This is the first time we tried to do this modified mainline thing and I must say that we're liking the results so far.
Today is the end of week 5 above the surface and we're planning to do 12 weeks above before we throw the 12/12 switch.
Everything is going to be getting topped again but that's going to be a minute before we get there.
I really appreciate this forum, you all have me hooked on the SIP and I will never be a top waterer again.
The first 2 pics are the day my wife did the cut, and the 2nd two are this morning.
Thanks again my fellow SIPPERS!!
I truly appreciate you all 💚

IMG_20240321_050919.jpg

IMG_20240321_050855.jpg

IMG_20240330_055734.jpg

IMG_20240330_055752.jpg

Well it's been a week and 2 days since we chopped this Sour Diesel and she's looking good and strong.
This is the first time we tried to do this modified mainline thing and I must say that we're liking the results so far.
Today is the end of week 5 above the surface and we're planning to do 12 weeks above before we throw the 12/12 switch.
Everything is going to be getting topped again but that's going to be a minute before we get there.
I really appreciate this forum, you all have me hooked on the SIP and I will never be a top waterer again.
The first 2 pics are the day my wife did the cut, and the 2nd two are this morning.
Thanks again my fellow SIPPERS!!
I truly appreciate you all 💚

IMG_20240321_050919.jpg

IMG_20240321_050855.jpg

IMG_20240330_055734.jpg

IMG_20240330_055752.jpg
Looking great BB!

I learned something new last week. :thumb:

I have always heard that once you flip to flower and the stretch is over, that new leaf and root production stops and you finish with what you have at that point at best.

But I have seeds for a feminized CBG plant that has disproved that theory. This strain is known to produce autos about 25% of the time so the breeder sends extra seeds to compensate and this past round I ended up with one of the auto versions and it started to flower just as I was about to up-pot it for flower so I just left it in its veg container and flowered it out.

I veg in 1L SIPs , a clear takeout container slipped inside an opaque one.

I droughted it toward the end of flower and it started putting out fresh, new roots at the end of week 7 of flower like its life depended on it. I never noticed it before since I flower in opaque buckets, but the clear containers showed the substantial new root development in response to a drying medium.

So I'm calling BS on the theory that the plant won't put out new roots after stretch and even late in flower.

Azi out!

I learned something new last week. :thumb:

I have always heard that once you flip to flower and the stretch is over, that new leaf and root production stops and you finish with what you have at that point at best.

But I have seeds for a feminized CBG plant that has disproved that theory. This strain is known to produce autos about 25% of the time so the breeder sends extra seeds to compensate and this past round I ended up with one of the auto versions and it started to flower just as I was about to up-pot it for flower so I just left it in its veg container and flowered it out.

I veg in 1L SIPs , a clear takeout container slipped inside an opaque one.

I droughted it toward the end of flower and it started putting out fresh, new roots at the end of week 7 of flower like its life depended on it. I never noticed it before since I flower in opaque buckets, but the clear containers showed the substantial new root development in response to a drying medium.

So I'm calling BS on the theory that the plant won't put out new roots after stretch and even late in flower.

Azi out!
A Cannabis plant won't stop producing roots when it's one of the main parts for growing? A Cannabis plant flowers for 6 months to a year in it's natural state so the argument hold very little ground in my book?

A plant should look healthy green and keep putting out new root growth and all the way through flower. If the plant stops eating or drinking pre-maturely it's caused by grower error since the plant won't magically flip a switch to stop growing after marketed days/weeks.

How well and how fast a cutting roots is very much down to genetics. Some even roots fast when taking cutting in late flower and some may be very hard to root. I've had both. They differ heavily even from the same genetics and batch of seeds.

Back
Top Bottom