ORIENT EXPRESS HARVEST PICS

After 76 days of 12/12, I took down the Orient Express this morning and have a clear tent (needing some cleaning!) for the next round to start soon! :yahoo:

Here's the pile of untrimmed colas:

Some of them were monsters! :morenutes:

Here's the pile after the initial trim prior to washing:

And, hanging in the tent drip-drying after the wash:

It looks like more than it is and where normally I'd say it's a least 5 oz, and maybe even 6, I'm estimating only about 3-4 oz. of the Orient Express and another ounce, or so, of Bubba Hash! :thedoubletake:

Yeah, that's right...It appears I missed a pretty large cola of the Bubba Hash when I harvested that last week! :rolleyes:

It was really a nice surprise cuz' through most of the triming I had that old Guess Who song going through my head. You know..."No Sugar Tonight In My Coffee, No Sugar Tonight In My Tea!" :theband:

I was trimming off sugar leaves from the OE that just had no sugar on them. Then, I picked up a cola and could tell just by the weight it was something different!

This is the larger of two BBH colas I missed:

You can see the difference between the BBH and Orient Express (BBH is on right):

Here's one of the larger OE colas hanging after wash:

And here's the large BBH cola:

Thanks everyone for hanging with me through this grow! :thanks:

I'll post some pics of the finished buds, final yields, and a closing review of the lights, strain, and soil mix over the next few weeks.

Happy Harvests!

K

Congrats on another one Krip....:high-five:
Like the looks of the BH cola...the OE, not so much.
Thanks, Brother! :thanks:

I agree 420%! I'm sure there are good examples of OE out there but the strain turned out to be a big "dud" for me, unless I'm really blown away by the smoke. The first one turned out male (from a FEM seed!) and the second just didn't develop much for trichomes. There are some visible, but not much and, like I said, even the "sugar leaves" were really lacking the sugar. :rolleyes:

...Yeah that OE I did a couple years ago, I let go for over 13 weeks if I recall...know it was November when she was chopped...did get some frost...but not crazy amounts...trimming was a bitch too...smoke was prolly just OK, cause I can't remember it being noteworthy...anyways...get the tent cleaned and filler' up...cheerz... :high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Thanks everyone for hanging with me through this grow! :thanks:

I'll post some pics of the finished buds, final yields, and a closing review of the lights, strain, and soil mix over the next few weeks.
Another well done review/journal Krip! I look forward to hearing your final thoughts on the light. Congrats on the harvests! Have a great weekend.

Nice pull Krip! Look forward to getting the wrap up when everything is ready! The OE looks like a lot of the less satisfying sativas I have grown. I will say though that my Kandy Kush that I had going on for a while was one of the nicest strains I have ever grown and there was almost no visible trich coverage. I am hoping you are surprised by your OE bud!

PLATINUM CAKE YIELD & BUD PICS

After about 16 days of "low & slow" in the fridge, the PCake buds are finally dry. They were the first to dry and there wasn't much there, but what is there is 49 g's of some of the most incredible buds I've ever seen, at least in person! :drool:

With some good veg time, which this plant didn''t get, I'm sure it will yield much better, but it is one of those plants with wide internodes so, while it forms some solid buds (with the right light! ;) ), this pheno doesn't form those solid colas.

Once again, the pics don't really do these justice, but you'll get the idea. In person, they're this hazy shade of light green with the haze being this fuzzy coating of trichomes. I still haven't sampled these buds and really want to wait until they cure and the terps develop since these bad boys deserve to be consumed at their best!

Happy Harvests!

K

Wow! Those are some powerful looking buds you got there. Check out the 2nd to last pic, lower left corner, I see an exploded naner, keep an eye out for a few seeds. Maybe you'll have some Platinum bubba cake??
Dude! You've got one helluva an eye for nanners! :welldone:

I'm not seeing any seeds and, TBH, I can't even find the nanner that was in the pic and the yield is small enough that it's sure not seeded, but I may get lucky and find one or two somewhere!

YOU WIN SOME & YOU LOSE SOME! :rolleyes:

I was checking on the Bubba Hash & Orient Express buds in the fridge last night, neither of which are dry enough to jar, yet, but are getting close.

The OE buds are pretty very extremely disappointing. They're really fluffy & airy in addition to the lack of trichs.

So, I took out a couple sample buds last night for a quick-dry and tested them this morning.

Again, disappointing! :(

I'm sure glad the other OE turned out male and got replaced with those premium Platinum Cake buds cuz' I'd happily take the 1 3/4 ounce of the PCake over a whole 8 z's, or so (if two plants), of the OE buds which will likely all go into the trim pile for RSO. TBH, I'm not sure how much it's even worth for oil.

I didn't expect much and it was one of the few strains I culled before sampling, but it didn't even meet my low expectations.

It sure wasn't the light, nutes, or environment which did great by the other strains!

At least it checks another strain off the list for me!

Happy Harvests!

K

Sometimes, ya just get a dud. :confused:

But I don't think I've seen a rave about OE yet. I have a couple seeds - just saw them again as I went through the next choices - but they keep getting passed over.

Has anyone grown a great one yet.?

Back
Top Bottom