PRE-HARVEST UPDATE

So, I ended up falling asleep and missed getting more pics last night :sorry:, but I'll get a few more just before lights-on along with some harvest pics. Since I'm leaving the OE another week, I want to wait until lights are on to start harvesting, and, right now, we're about one hour away! :yahoo:

I've got my harvest bin all cleaned and ready, two sets of trimmers soaking in ISO, a box of surgical gloves on the table, three clean five gallon buckets for the bud washing, and a temporary holding area for two '79 Christmas Bud plants I have vegging in the small tent so I can take down the light and use that tent as a drying area after I wash the buds.

The buds will only need to drip dry from the bud washing about 4-8 hours before going in the fridge for a "low & slow", so I should be able to get the '79 Christmas Bud plants moved back in and and the light back up before the end of the day.

I'll post some more pics after harvest.

Happy Harvests!

K

BUBBA HASH HARVEST PICS!

It took four hours to get the three Bubba Hash plants harvested, trimmed, washed & hung in the tent.

Before we get to the harvest pics, here are some pre-harvest pics of some Bubba Hash & Platinum Cake buds...

Bubba Hash:

Platinum Cake:

So, once I harvested the Bubba Hash, I wound up with a huge pile of colas. Here they are after a quick trim:

And, only a small bowl of maybe 1/2 oz. dried of loose buds:

The stems on the Bubba Hash were hollow ("pith autolyses"):

The main colas are absolutely huge! I think I'll get something like 8 oz. just from the largest four or five colas! Even after trimming much of the lower side branching, I ended up having to bend them just to get them into the 5-gallon bucket to wash!

Here are a couple of the monster colas :morenutes::

Here are some more bud/cola pics:

And, hanging in the tent to dry after washing:

Happy Harvests!

K

PLATINUM CAKE HARVESTED

I didn't take many pics of the PCake harvest since she got most of the attention throughout the grow. I did snap this pic of a lower bud that was just covered in trichomes but the pic doesn't even do it justice:

Here's the bowl of washed PCake buds just before the final trim:

And, a couple other post wash, pre-trim pics:

All Bubba Hash & PCake buds are now bagged and in the fridge starting the low & slow drying. I'm only estimating about two z's on the PCake, but I'm thinking it's gonna be around 13-14 z's on the Bubbas.

Next weekend we'll take down the Orient Express and clear the tent for the next round. :yahoo:

Happy Harvests!

K

The three frostiest strains I've grown have all been IHG strains in the HB soil! :thumb:

Hell yea man an u knocked the socks off each grow. Shit bro this one might even be frostier then the last one if that was even possible. so what do u do jus go in to the fake plant store an go hey I'm guna need the next batch to double dipped in blow this time :rofl:. I jus took some clones of my Ice Cream and White Alien's so I'll be flipping my first set of HB girls in the next day or so. But dam man I hope mine look even half this great lol. I jus did a brix foiler on them an I love how shiney it makes em lol. But yea man off to catch up but the garden is lookn great so far man congrats.

DAY #39/31 OF 12/12 - THE PROS & CONS OF YO-YO'S & OTHER FUN SUBJECTS :rolleyes:

So, it's day #39 of 12/12 for the original four plants and, when I checked on the girls today, the tent looked like this :eek::

A bunch of those taller colas had fallen over and, while I hate yo-yo's, I am pretty happy when the buds are so heavy they're weighing down some pretty thick stalks! :morenutes:

So, the first five of what I'm sure will be more yo-yo's were installed and now the tent looks like this:

Sorry for the blurples....here's another:

There are still a bunch of colas leaning over, but they're getting some good light where they are so I didn't bother with those (yet? :hmmmm: ).

One of the things I love about installing those yo-yo's is smelling my hands after - these Bubba Hash plants are smelling awesome! :yummy:

To make myself feel better about having to put up those yo-yo's, I took these bud shots of some BBH colas:

When those pics didn't cheer me all the way up, I took these of the Platinum Cake:

I'm feeling better now! :rofl:

Happy Harvests!

K

Jesus man that's all I'm guna say lol.
DAY #40/32 OF 12/12

It's day #40 for the Bubba Hash & Orient Express plants and day #32 for the Platinum Cake, which should put us just about halfway through flower. The BBH is an 8-9 week strain and the OE is a 9-10 week strain, so I'm anticipating about 80 days total on those.

The BBH's smell just like hash and are looking great.

Here are some bud pics from today:

My Dad is having heart surgery tomorrow, so it will likely be a couple/few days before my next update. All good vibes sent his way for successful recovery is greatly appreciated! :thanks:

Happy Harvests!

K

Lookn lovely brother man that bbh jus doesnt seem to have the frost compared to the other girls u got next to her lol. But the buds look to be fat an nice. Let's hope she frosts up heavy for ya in the last week r 2. An I got ur dad in my prayers man i really hope everything goes good for u guys or went good by now i forgot when u posted this I'm alil behind an playing catch up. So if I'm late I hope everything went good for u guys. Best wishes to u an hope he recovers good an fast man :Namaste:.

Incredible harvest! I didn't realize how big those Bubba Hash's were. For some reason I thought you had a bunch of smaller plants in there. Those colas are very impressive. I'm a little shocked to see the hollow stems though. I haven't seen that since I've switched to high brix. What run soil was that? I'm sure they turned out great but I'd like to know why that happened. Did the PC have hollow stems too?

BUBBA HASH HARVEST PICS!

It took four hours to get the three Bubba Hash plants harvested, trimmed, washed & hung in the tent.

Before we get to the harvest pics, here are some pre-harvest pics of some Bubba Hash & Platinum Cake buds...

Bubba Hash:

Platinum Cake:

So, once I harvested the Bubba Hash, I wound up with a huge pile of colas. Here they are after a quick trim:

And, only a small bowl of maybe 1/2 oz. dried of loose buds:

The stems on the Bubba Hash were hollow ("pith autolyses"):

The main colas are absolutely huge! I think I'll get something like 8 oz. just from the largest four or five colas! Even after trimming much of the lower side branching, I ended up having to bend them just to get them into the 5-gallon bucket to wash!

Here are a couple of the monster colas :morenutes::

Here are some more bud/cola pics:

And, hanging in the tent to dry after washing:

Happy Harvests!

K

Awesome harvest Krip, congrats!

:passitleft:

That should fill afew jars for ya............ Tasty looking morsel that small buddage.........

That's a good flip,, 13 oz's.. You'll have enough,, you'll tire of it before you run out... JK

Incredible harvest! I didn't realize how big those Bubba Hash's were. For some reason I thought you had a bunch of smaller plants in there. Those colas are very impressive. I'm a little shocked to see the hollow stems though. I haven't seen that since I've switched to high brix. What run soil was that? I'm sure they turned out great but I'd like to know why that happened. Did the PC have hollow stems too?
Thanks, Brother! Yeah, the colas on the BBH (and OE) are both huge. I should have several buds that are 1/4 - 1/2 oz. each! :morenutes:

It's 2nd run soil and the PCake's stems were solid. TBH, one or more of the BBH's may have had "normal" stems. I just noticed that, at least some, were hollow.

The hollow stems are known as "Pith Autolyses" and is a sign that the plant was feeding on it's own carbon reserves. It doesn't signify a deficiency, per se, just that the plant was needing more carbon than it could get from photosynthesis.

It may be because the tent was so crowded AND drawing intake from the veg tent (remember, I have the two tents using one carbon scrubber/fan) and it's possible there just wasn't enough CO2 in the air by the time it made it to the flower tent.

Is the kit, somehow, supposed to "eliminate" hollow stems; or have you just not seen it since using the kit?

That should fill afew jars for ya............ Tasty looking morsel that small buddage.........

That's a good flip,, 13 oz's.. You'll have enough,, you'll tire of it before you run out... JK
Thanks, Brother! I still have one more plant to harvest and, I'm estimating about another 4-5 oz. from the OE, so I should end up with right around 20 oz. total from the five plants (plus, I just finished drying 8 z's of Platinum Kush Breath from the small tent that looks almost as good as the Platinum Cake! :drool:

Plenty to get me through to the next harvest, which is all the counts! :D

"Plenty to get me through....".....:rofl:are you having camp fires with it...?:rofl:
Yeah, Brother! :thumb:

I have campfires with it, parties with it, movies & TV with it, food & drink with it, I go fishing with it....I have it with just about everything! :rofl:
:passitleft:

Superb harvest brother Krip! Those are some monster buds you got hanging there! :yummy::passitleft:

The hollow stems are known as "Pith Autolyses" and is a sign that the plant was feeding on it's own carbon reserves. It doesn't signify a deficiency, per se, just that the plant was needing more carbon than it could get from photosynthesis.

It may be because the tent was so crowded AND drawing intake from the veg tent (remember, I have the two tents using one carbon scrubber/fan) and it's possible there just wasn't enough CO2 in the air by the time it made it to the flower tent.

Is the kit, somehow, supposed to "eliminate" hollow stems; or have you just not seen it since using the kit?

I have not seen any hollow stems since switching to high brix. Granted I only did 1 grow with synthetics but I flowered 10 plants and every one of them had hollow stems. As far as deficiencies go, poor calcium uptake and boron deficiencies cause hollow stems. I suppose it could be genetic but out of the hundred or more high brix plants I've done, I've never seen hollow stems in any of them.

Back
Top Bottom