Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures & Photos From The Garden - 2012

Re: Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures and Photos from the Garden - 2012

O that deadhead looks delisious for sure!!!! That's as dank as it gets right there nanner's or not that is one sexy lady!!! Mad props to you homie and some +reps

:thanks: TJ. The buds/colas aren't super huge, but there's a ton of them, and they have such incredibly frosty buds, with huge calyx's - and they are really pretty. The second tier buds, many of them, have as good or better size/fullness for some reason - it's odd. The second tier and lower tier buds are even "frostier", too, at least they appear so. Cool plant - I have high hopes for it.

The winner in the sample buds so far, is the Reserva Privada OG Kush, even though it's been a scrubby pain in the butt for much of the grow compared to the others. It's buds will be small, dense and purple wonders though from the looks of it. The sample buds have been blowing us away so far. Too bad it'll be a small yielder. I didn't clone this OG either, (and even if it's good I didn't like the plant to grow much). I have another OG seed I'd like to try - maybe it'll be good high and a good one to grow, too. The Deadhead and JTR sample buds have been killer though too. Early to call a champion, but I've been impressed with all 3 so far on the "high" aspect.

Appreciate the reps my friend! :thumb:

CBD RULES! ;)

The GDP and Blue Cheese I have been growing are both VERY high in CBD. That's the kind of effect I prefer over the super high THC types. These can be made to be higher in THC and lower in CBD if you harvest them early at about week 6 or 7. I chopped one smaller GDP last year at week 6.5 and it was way speedier (more THC high) than its kin that got chopped closer to week 9.

Like I said... Nothing like a good smooth Indica with a generous level of CBDs in it! :) My favorite high and better at relieving certain types of pain than my prescription pain killers!

:Namaste:

Can you point me in a direction that shows GDP as a high CBD strain. I couldn't find anywhere that showed it that high. I think I found one place that had it listed at over 1% most where .2 to .5%

I'm very interested in high CBD strains and I have some Ken's GDP to pop was just waiting, but if there is more CBD in the GDP I might just pop a couple of them.

:Namaste:

CBD/THC content can be manipulated by the grower to a reasonable degree. :thumb:

I've got Ken's GDP here! :) Just let it go out to week 9 and harvest and you should end up with a very nice balance of THC/CBD. CBD is basically created by degraded THC, so any quality indica plant can be made to produce more of the CBD than it normally would if left to flower longer than 8 weeks. If you have a microscope or a good loupe, you can monitor the trichomes and harvest when the majority are all amber. LIke I said, with Ken's GDP, that would be at about week 9 or so depending on your growing conditions.

The Blue Cheese I have here from Medicinal Organic seed is similar in CBD effects if left to flower into weeks 9-11. I use my microscope to check trichomes before chopping just to make sure that the majority of the trichomes are amber.

I haven't had these buds lab tested, but I have consumed enough lab tested/certified high CBD pot in my life to know what the effects feel like, and both of my strains are killer in the CBD department! :)

As for well known CBD heavy strains...XL was spot on with his mention of Harlequin. That is a close relative of GDP, but with much higher CBD potential out of the gate. Perhaps too much for some people's tastes?

I find my Ken's GDP harvested around week 9 to be just about perfect in THC/CBD ratios. At least for me! :)

Good point on the late harvest date maxing the CBD's, this is definitely true. The last round of plants I flowered, I did a 2 stage harvest. On the Lavender, buds at 8 weeks had a much different effect than the buds at 10 weeks. The 10 week buds were much more narcotic/couch-lock. They, frankly, put me to sleep pretty quickly. I'm sure this is largely due to the THC converting to CBD as it does near the end of the plants life...

I'm assuming this is par for the course with any high CBD strain? Is Harlequin like a tranquilizer? Seems like it would be to me, if late harvest high CBD is same sort of effect. I have a hard time with the couchlock stuff, as I don't like to be knocked out as much. I hadn't thought through that element of sleepiness...

Drive bye to see whats up. Buds are looking fantastic. Sorry to hear about the nanners. But like you said it's not uncomon for them to to that. Got to rememeber this also, if these are fem seeds, it's alot more comon. We mess with the genetics getting 'female' pollen, and hermies are alot more comon. That' why its always better to use just regular seeds if you want a stable genetic pool. Most people who grow fem are as a rule growing for stash or clones. Looks great Dude. Keepem Green

Thanks buddy!

Actually, 2 of the 3 are regular seeds. The OG Kush was the only one that was a fem seed. Chemdawg genetics are hermie prone so anything with OG in it, is hermie suspect I'd think. Just a known downside to OG from seed I think. The JTR has a lot of Sativa in it, and most Sativa is hermie prone - so none of this surprises me too much. I'm just glad (well and hoping) this is something that didn't pop up until the 9 week mark, which is no biggy to me. Basically they're trying to self before they die - too late to grow seeds anyway, cuz I'm choppin' em soon. :)

Hey X

I'm trying something new to me and had a question or two. How long after you flip to 12/12 can you take a cutting? Also do I "need" a rooting hormone for the cutting or is there a possibly to get a nice root system without it.

Maybe it won't be bad - see my post to HMG, I'm not sure he meant the taste was from the solvent, might just have been the taste in general, and the fact that solvents were involved. Some people like cannabis flavor (i do) and some don't. I would think the solvent shouldn't leave a taste if done correctly, but I could be wrong. Very cool that you take care of your mom - you're right, she'd do same for you. I'm lucky my wonderful mom is still around - she is great support for me through many medical issues last few years.

Wish you nothing but positivity and good health to your mom. :goodluck:

Thanks X. Good vibes and healing your way too.

He may have meant those two (solvent and taste) not together, you're right. I don't know anyone who doesn't like the taste-- even people who don't partake! I always wanted to make a chewing gum or cologne out of the stuff, then I could smell and taste it all the time. ;)

I never thought of that. In reading what your read carefully though, you didn't taste the solvent, right? You didn't like that solvent was used, and you didn't like the taste - correct? Seems reallly bad if the solvent could be tasted. I like the taste of cannabis cooking oil, but that's the closest I've come.

Maybe it won't be bad - see my post to HMG, I'm not sure he meant the taste was from the solvent, might just have been the taste in general, and the fact that solvents were involved. Some people like cannabis flavor (i do) and some don't. I would think the solvent shouldn't leave a taste if done correctly, but I could be wrong. Very cool that you take care of your mom - you're right, she'd do same for you. I'm lucky my wonderful mom is still around - she is great support for me through many medical issues last few years.

Wish you nothing but positivity and good health to your mom. :goodluck:

He may have meant those two (solvent and taste) not together, you're right. I don't know anyone who doesn't like the taste-- even people who don't partake! I always wanted to make a chewing gum or cologne out of the stuff, then I could smell and taste it all the time. ;)

The oil I had still had a little hint of a solvent. I just don't think it was for me, Ive been looking more into solventless extraction's.

SurfBuddy if you would like some more info that I have on oil let me know and I'll send you a PM.

The oil I had still had a little hint of a solvent. I just don't think it was for me, Ive been looking more into solventless extraction's.

SurfBuddy if you would like some more info that I have on oil let me know and I'll send you a PM.

yea i was wondering about that
i wonder how it would work using something like everclear to extract since its
drinking alchohol, dont know if i can find the stuff here but i was questioning wether i should use that naptha like the guy said in his video or 99% iso alcho.......

drinking alchohol, dont know if i can find the stuff here but i was questioning wether i should use that naptha like the guy said in his video or 99% iso alcho.......

I've made some non-Cannabis tinctures in the past, and I used Vodka as the solvent. Worked well for me! :)

hi all, i was watching a jorge cervantes vid the other day and he used cold water and lots of ice cubes to extract trics from, he used different bags with different size holes in, the first bag had the biggest holes and he put all his leaf and bits into their and filled with water and ice then used egg beater to mix it up, he then strained it all through the bag and squeezed it out, then he had about 6 different bags all inside each other with different size holes and he kept straining it through each bag and at the bottom of every bag was the wet hash he scraped it off and put on cardboard to dry, and he graded the hash by the size of the holes, so he had 5 or 6 piles of hash all smokable but the 3rd size bag gave the best smoke as it had whole undamaged trics the smaller bag size had broken trichs so not as good, but all of it looked like a nice smoke,

problem is im not sure how much a set of bags would cost, seems like a very good way of doing it though, as it only uses cold water and ice and plenty of mixing, plus it only let through the hash and no green matter like some silk screens do, but im not that fussy so would probably try the silk screen, another method i saw and though would be easy to do it use lighter gas the stuff you fill lighters with, the bloke filled a pop bottle with leaf material and it had several holes in the bottom for the liquid to run out of, he poked a whole in the lid of the bottle so he could push the lighter gas cannister into is so it pressed the gas down and filled the bottle up, then out the bottom came this gasses liquid and into a metal dish, now as the lighter gas i think was butane or something like that evaps really quick after a few seconds all that was in the bottom of the dish was hash and it dried pretty much instant, not to be done near naked flame, for obvious reason, also you would put loads into the bottle at a time just enough to fill a small pop bottle the type you buy when your out and then fill it up and shoot the gas through it and outcame the hash at the bottom, its something i am going to try once i have got a decent amount of scrub to get the trics off, not sure how much the special bags cost but if you was doing it often enough then id choose that option, if not then the gas option look like a good idea, as it squirts into the bottle it freezes the trichs and they break off and fall out the bottom with the gas,

not something i have tried just been watching some vids ofer a few days and looked at different was of extracting it, i never done it before and ended up throwing away a load of leaves or shade as people dont smoke it and gives you head aches, but now i know more about these plants its something i am going to try, if i fail and get nothing then i have lost nothing as i would only normally be throwing it away so anything extra would be a huge bonus, plus it means no drying time and it can be vaped or bonged pretty much as soon as you get it, im sure their are many methods im just trying to find the easiest, the bags looked the easiest but the cost concerns me unless you was making hash on a regular basis or if you saved it up say over 12months then they would be a good method to get the best returns, but smaller amounts id possibly use silk screen and put up with the small amount of plant matter or try the lighter fluid method, not the runny fluid for zippos but the high pressure lighter gas, its meant to get good results, also cleaning alcahol can be used but as mentioned before you can still taste it, microwave can help burn more of it off but you still gota be carefull not to get it to hot to melt the trichs,

thats just my oppinion and not something i have tried, but possibly will when i have got enough leaf matter to give it a try

hi all, i was watching a jorge cervantes vid the other day and he used cold water and lots of ice cubes to extract trics from, he used different bags with different size holes in, the first bag had the biggest holes and he put all his leaf and bits into their and filled with water and ice then used egg beater to mix it up, he then strained it all through the bag and squeezed it out, then he had about 6 different bags all inside each other with different size holes and he kept straining it through each bag and at the bottom of every bag was the wet hash he scraped it off and put on cardboard to dry, and he graded the hash by the size of the holes, so he had 5 or 6 piles of hash all smokable but the 3rd size bag gave the best smoke as it had whole undamaged trics the smaller bag size had broken trichs so not as good, but all of it looked like a nice smoke,

problem is im not sure how much a set of bags would cost, seems like a very good way of doing it though, as it only uses cold water and ice and plenty of mixing, plus it only let through the hash and no green matter like some silk screens do, but im not that fussy so would probably try the silk screen, another method i saw and though would be easy to do it use lighter gas the stuff you fill lighters with, the bloke filled a pop bottle with leaf material and it had several holes in the bottom for the liquid to run out of, he poked a whole in the lid of the bottle so he could push the lighter gas cannister into is so it pressed the gas down and filled the bottle up, then out the bottom came this gasses liquid and into a metal dish, now as the lighter gas i think was butane or something like that evaps really quick after a few seconds all that was in the bottom of the dish was hash and it dried pretty much instant, not to be done near naked flame, for obvious reason, also you would put loads into the bottle at a time just enough to fill a small pop bottle the type you buy when your out and then fill it up and shoot the gas through it and outcame the hash at the bottom, its something i am going to try once i have got a decent amount of scrub to get the trics off, not sure how much the special bags cost but if you was doing it often enough then id choose that option, if not then the gas option look like a good idea, as it squirts into the bottle it freezes the trichs and they break off and fall out the bottom with the gas,

not something i have tried just been watching some vids ofer a few days and looked at different was of extracting it, i never done it before and ended up throwing away a load of leaves or shade as people dont smoke it and gives you head aches, but now i know more about these plants its something i am going to try, if i fail and get nothing then i have lost nothing as i would only normally be throwing it away so anything extra would be a huge bonus, plus it means no drying time and it can be vaped or bonged pretty much as soon as you get it, im sure their are many methods im just trying to find the easiest, the bags looked the easiest but the cost concerns me unless you was making hash on a regular basis or if you saved it up say over 12months then they would be a good method to get the best returns, but smaller amounts id possibly use silk screen and put up with the small amount of plant matter or try the lighter fluid method, not the runny fluid for zippos but the high pressure lighter gas, its meant to get good results, also cleaning alcahol can be used but as mentioned before you can still taste it, microwave can help burn more of it off but you still gota be carefull not to get it to hot to melt the trichs,

thats just my oppinion and not something i have tried, but possibly will when i have got enough leaf matter to give it a try

actually from all the vids and everything else i read the butane method thing is to get hash oil
not dried trichs for hash, so is the alchohol its to make oil
if you want hashish youd probably have to go to some sort of screen method

I saw a method on Sysco's post that works great. I have the bags and always hated making hash that way. It is a lot of work.

What I do now is use water, Ice Cubes and shake. Mix vigorously for about 15 minutes. Pour through a strainer or cheeze cloth into a large glass jar.

After 2 hours you can see the hash accumulate in the bottom of the jar. When the water is clear and all the hash is accumulated at the bottom. About 4 hours. You syphon the water and scoop up the hash.

I love hash. For me this is the easiest and most effective method. Makes excellent hash and is not labor intensive.

I was just going through your site! I have missed a lot of great information. I especially liked the DJ short post you put up!! :Namaste:
:thumb:

:thanks: TJ. The buds/colas aren't super huge, but there's a ton of them, and they have such incredibly frosty buds, with huge calyx's - and they are really pretty. The second tier buds, many of them, have as good or better size/fullness for some reason - it's odd. The second tier and lower tier buds are even "frostier", too, at least they appear so. Cool plant - I have high hopes for it.
The winner in the sample buds so far, is the Reserva Privada OG Kush, even though it's been a scrubby pain in the butt for much of the grow compared to the others. It's buds will be small, dense and purple wonders though from the looks of it. The sample buds have been blowing us away so far. :thumb:

Hey X, thats why Im growing RP OG#18... its pretty much the exact same thing as you got. And my buddy that I got the cutting from let me try some and I loved the medicinal aspects of it. As i have an immense amount of pain from a prior accident and it seemed to be a huge help. But if yu get an extra second, I just posted a pic of it yeterday and its 3 weeks into flower and so frosty and the leaves look like waxy. But I contribute this to High Brix. But anyways, keep on growing. :Namaste:

Just a word on Late havest for CBD's. This is a bit of misinformation. Harvesting late gives a higher concentration of CBN.

Follow this link for more. Time to Harvest.

While it is true that some CBD is left, it is mostly CBN and that is what causes the "couch lock" effect.

"Cannabinol, or CBN, is produced as THC oxidizes or degrades. Only a trace of CBN exists in fresh bud. Stored and cured tops or hashish have higher levels of CBN, that has converted from THC. Marijuana with high levels of CBN generally make the toker feel disoriented and often sleepy or groggy, often referred to as a stupefying high. At best CBN contains only 10 percent of the psychoactive potency of the original THC."

Summing up from what the whole of the collected articles state, THC is created from CBD acids, but only if there is enough energy to do so. Harvesting at the peak of ripeness shows stable CBD and maximum THC. Harvesting late, while some CBD can remain, it is only because there is not enough energy to convert it to THC, and no more CBD is produced by the plant. The existing THC begins to oxidize and form CBN. Thus, harvesting late will not increase the CBD.

From this it seems that to get a high CBD ratio, there needs to be a faster production of CBD than the plant can convert to THC. This can only be genetics and not time. Aging longer will only produce more THC converted from CBD, and the degraded THC into CBN. However, it does suggest that aging too long there will be a higher RATIO of CBN, THC, and CBD, as CBD degrades slower than THC but this will effect potency and cause more of a drowsy sedative effect.

"Late floral clusters exhibit the full potential of resin production, aromatic principles, and psychoactive effect. Complex mixtures of many monoterpene and sesquiterpene hydrocarbons along with alcohols, ethers, esters, and ketones determine the aroma and flavor of mature Cannabis. The levels of the basic terpenes and their polymerized by-products fluctuate as the resin ripens. The aromas of fresh floral clusters are usually preserved after drying, as by the late floral stage, a high proportion of ripe resins are present on the mature calyxes of the fresh plant. Cannabinoid production favors high THC acid and rising CBN acid content at this stage, since most active biosynthesis has ceased and more THC acid is being broken down into CBN acid than is being produced from CBD acid. CBD acid may accumulate because not enough energy is available to complete its conversion to THC acid. The THC-to-CBD ratio in the harvested floral clusters certainly begins to drop as biosynthesis slows, because THC acid levels decrease as it decom poses, and at the same time CBD acid levels remain or rise intact since CBD does not decompose as rapidly as THC acid. This tends to produce marijuana characterized by more somatic and sedative effects. Some cultivators prefer this to the more cerebral and clear psychoactivity of the peak floral stage."

Just a word on Late havest for CBD's. This is a bit of misinformation. Harvesting late gives a higher concentration of CBN.

Follow this link for more. Time to Harvest.

While it is true that some CBD is left, it is mostly CBN and that is what causes the "couch lock" effect.

"Cannabinol, or CBN, is produced as THC oxidizes or degrades. Only a trace of CBN exists in fresh bud. Stored and cured tops or hashish have higher levels of CBN, that has converted from THC. Marijuana with high levels of CBN generally make the toker feel disoriented and often sleepy or groggy, often referred to as a stupefying high. At best CBN contains only 10 percent of the psychoactive potency of the original THC."

Summing up from what the whole of the collected articles state, THC is created from CBD acids, but only if there is enough energy to do so. Harvesting at the peak of ripeness shows stable CBD and maximum THC. Harvesting late, while some CBD can remain, it is only because there is not enough energy to convert it to THC, and no more CBD is produced by the plant. The existing THC begins to oxidize and form CBN. Thus, harvesting late will not increase the CBD.

From this it seems that to get a high CBD ratio, there needs to be a faster production of CBD than the plant can convert to THC. This can only be genetics and not time. Aging longer will only produce more THC converted from CBD, and the degraded THC into CBN. However, it does suggest that aging too long there will be a higher RATIO of CBN, THC, and CBD, as CBD degrades slower than THC but this will effect potency and cause more of a drowsy sedative effect.

"Late floral clusters exhibit the full potential of resin production, aromatic principles, and psychoactive effect. Complex mixtures of many monoterpene and sesquiterpene hydrocarbons along with alcohols, ethers, esters, and ketones determine the aroma and flavor of mature Cannabis. The levels of the basic terpenes and their polymerized by-products fluctuate as the resin ripens. The aromas of fresh floral clusters are usually preserved after drying, as by the late floral stage, a high proportion of ripe resins are present on the mature calyxes of the fresh plant. Cannabinoid production favors high THC acid and rising CBN acid content at this stage, since most active biosynthesis has ceased and more THC acid is being broken down into CBN acid than is being produced from CBD acid. CBD acid may accumulate because not enough energy is available to complete its conversion to THC acid. The THC-to-CBD ratio in the harvested floral clusters certainly begins to drop as biosynthesis slows, because THC acid levels decrease as it decom poses, and at the same time CBD acid levels remain or rise intact since CBD does not decompose as rapidly as THC acid. This tends to produce marijuana characterized by more somatic and sedative effects. Some cultivators prefer this to the more cerebral and clear psychoactivity of the peak floral stage."

Thank you for the info Jandre.

I haven't made BHO, but I've done just about every other method of extraction. If done correctly, no traces of the solvent should be present, BUT, many solvents have other chemicals that can leave residue, so you want as pure a solvent as possible with as little water content as possible.

That being said, of all the methods I've tried, including ice water, dry ice extraction is still the quickest, easiest, and cleanest method I've found!:

[video=youtube;R_7zZLpVtrs]
[/video]

I haven't made BHO, but I've done just about every other method of extraction. If done correctly, no traces of the solvent should be present, BUT, many solvents have other chemicals that can leave residue, so you want as pure a solvent as possible with as little water content as possible.

That being said, of all the methods I've tried, including ice water, dry ice extraction is still the quickest, easiest, and cleanest method I've found!:

I have made bubble hash... It's easiest with the 110 micron. I have also gotten okay results with 160 and 220 but you get a lot of green as well. The last two are better to stretch your keif out though.

Hey X

I'm trying something new to me and had a question or two. How long after you flip to 12/12 can you take a cutting? Also do I "need" a rooting hormone for the cutting or is there a possibly to get a nice root system without it.

Hey Blazin -

I'm sorry I realize this is a pretty late response to your question, but I've been swamped at home lately and haven't been able to get on as much. As I understand it, you can take a clone at almost anytime during flowering. If they've been in flowering mode more than about 14 days or so, it might just take a lot longer to root than if it were in veg. I've taken a clone at about 7-10 days into bloom, and it rooted in 8 days or so, no problem. Around 14 days or so, the plant will be focused on budding/flowering, and rooting a clone will take longer - maybe 2-3 weeks before showing roots (haven't tried this yet myself, though).

There is a technique called "Monster Cropping" where you take a clone at about day 21, and that clone supposedly will produce more sidebranching and give you a better yield by growing to a big bush. I've never tried this, and while I've heard it from growers I think of as reputable, I'm still a little skeptical about it, honestly. I'd love to see someone try a comparison somehow.

You can get a nice root system without cloning powders, etc., but you'd probably improve your odds/chances by using a cloning hormone of some sort.

This is just what I do, in a nutshell:

I use "Rapid Rooters" which are little plugs made from compacted tree bark of some sort. They have some micronutrients built in that cuttings and seedlings both really thrive in. I soak them for 24 hours in Clonex clone solution (as directed on label, at their lowest recommended dilution rate, then PH balanced).

I take my cutting, without wasting time I trim the leaves down, leaving just a couple of fans that are typically clipped down to half their regular length at the top. I trim off other leaves close to the stem, leaving one clipped node near the bottom of the cutting. I then cut the bottom at a 45 degree angle with a sharp, sterile razor knife right below a clipped node which will also be coated with gel and buried in the rooter plug. I dip the cutting into Root-tech rooting hormone (gel) that I put into a little bowl, making sure the entire end is coated evenly in the rooting gel. I stick the cutting into the Rapid Rooter, place under a humidity dome, and 7-10 days or so later (depending on the strain - some take longer) I have roots showing through the Rapid Rooter plug. During that 7-10 days, I will remoisten the rooter plug if it starts to lose it's dampness some. I re-moisten it with a light mixture Clonex solution, same mixture as I soaked the plugs in originally.

I have nearly 100% success this way now.

But, there are many many ways to clone successfully. In a pinch, you could even keep it in a glass of clean water until it rooted (I'd probably use a good bottled spring water, personally). As long as you change the water at least once a day, and take a good cutting, even that should work most of the time, with many strains (some strains clone much less easily).

If I were on a severe budget, I'd still do the rapid rooter plugs, and the cloning gel, but skip the presoaking/feeding with the Clonex. I'm guessing that would still work pretty well. To me, the Rapid Rooters make perfect cloning media. I think any rooting hormone, gel or powder should work well. I can only speak to the Root tech, which has worked great for me.

Again, sorry for the late response - hope this is still helpful. :goodluck:

Hey X You might want to talk to THsea about the solvent taste.
He has tried many different ways to get rid of it.
:high-five:

Good to know! I've not made it yet - but it sounds like a few people in the thread have an interest or make it, so I'm hoping they'll give him a shout. Thanks for sharing that my friend! :)

Bummer that you can taste the solvent! You guys might want to hit up THSea, maybe he has some good tricks.

I've made some non-Cannabis tinctures in the past, and I used Vodka as the solvent. Worked well for me! :)

I like the idea of something like Everclear or Vodka as a solvent vs. some of those other things which seem pretty scary/disgusting to taste.

I saw a method on Sysco's post that works great. I have the bags and always hated making hash that way. It is a lot of work.

What I do now is use water, Ice Cubes and shake. Mix vigorously for about 15 minutes. Pour through a strainer or cheeze cloth into a large glass jar.

After 2 hours you can see the hash accumulate in the bottom of the jar. When the water is clear and all the hash is accumulated at the bottom. About 4 hours. You syphon the water and scoop up the hash.

I love hash. For me this is the easiest and most effective method. Makes excellent hash and is not labor intensive.

I was just going through your site! I have missed a lot of great information. I especially liked the DJ short post you put up!! :Namaste:
:thumb:

[video=youtube;R_7zZLpVtrs]
[/video]

I have made bubble hash... It's easiest with the 110 micron. I have also gotten okay results with 160 and 220 but you get a lot of green as well. The last two are better to stretch your keif out though.

I like the Dry Ice extraction method that Mr. Krip has in the video -- but where do you get the dry ice? I've not tried, but I'm not sure where to start even... But... I want to do that! +rep for sharing the video, Mr. K!

Hey X, thats why Im growing RP OG#18... its pretty much the exact same thing as you got. And my buddy that I got the cutting from let me try some and I loved the medicinal aspects of it. As i have an immense amount of pain from a prior accident and it seemed to be a huge help. But if yu get an extra second, I just posted a pic of it yeterday and its 3 weeks into flower and so frosty and the leaves look like waxy. But I contribute this to High Brix. But anyways, keep on growing. :Namaste:

Hey Mikey -

It does seem like a great alternative to the original "OG". I almost did the OG18, but I wanted to try the closest I could come up with to the original "Chem Dawg", and then went with another OG variant instead which was the Deadhead OG by Cali Connection (SFV OG/Chem Dawg). No doubt, the Deadhead was much nicer to grow than the OG, and will yield much better. If I grow OGK again, I'll do a few things differently (like super cropping more).

Definitely will keep the OG 18 on the future seed list, too - thanks for the tip! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom