Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

looking good mate,

the growth is slow because the plants energy is evenly distributed, so growth will be slower as you dont have 1 main stem or 2 main stems, so growth is going to be on the slow side but once its growing upwards it will grow much quicker, at the minute is working out which is the top of the plant and it keeps moving its energy around, once 1 shoot gets higher than the rest then that will take off, so once its growing upwards growth should pick up,

if growth didnt slow then scrogs for example would grow at the same rate as a regular xmas tree shaped plant and you would have big stems growing up, instead the growth is split between all branches and you end up with a nice even canopy of buds instead of a few huge buds and some smaller buds,

im also thinking of running some lighting tests soon a well, outdoors these plants get huge but in flower they dont get 12-12 for a while, so im wondering if indoor plants would produce bigger buds if flowered under 14-10, i know my plants will flower with 14 hours of light, i found this out when i used a deminishing light schedule,

or maybe we could do something drastic and a few days of veg followed by a few days of flower, keep repeating this process, would this force hermie or would it allow the plant to flower without actually reaching harvest until you took the veg shedule out, or even go 12-12 for a week followed by 14-10 for a week and keep repeating that process, im thinking if we could make the indoor flowering period longer then would this help us produce some monster buds like out door plants,

i got so much i want to try but its going to take time,

nice work with the training, looks like its working well,

when La lets her grow up she will grow like crazy, the stretch period will really bring this plant to life, cant wait to see how big the buds are going to be,

plus the defol has limited how much light the plant can process so until she grows upwards its going to be a slow process, but once she is allowed to do her own thing we will all see this plant kick into life, i see good things for this plant,

im thinking if we could make the indoor flowering period longer then would this help us produce some monster buds like out door plants,

DP, wouldn't you need to keep adding lighting to get outdoor weights?

DP, wouldn't you need to keep adding lighting to get outdoor weights?

Yes that would be the case, but the way I look at it is this way: just like with available nutrients, a plant can only uptake a certain 'optimal' amount and anything above that is just not necessary. With lumens, IMO, it is the same process. There is only so much photosynthesis that can occur at one time throughout the plant, and you will reach a point where there is just too much available light for the plant to process (ie. light bleaching)

However, using techniques such as the Diminishing Light Schedule, and similar techniques of light manipulation that Light here already uses, will definitely show more potential for bigger harvests only because it is giving the plant more time (in the form of extended daylight hours) to process more lumens, and now combining this with extended periods of darkness will now allow all the energy stored from Photosynthesis to be used in the budding process.

Overall manipulating the time, as Don Paul was suggesting, rather than the actual lumen output, in the long run can have more potential for a heavier yield than an abundance of lights. But don't get me wrong, light IS good, but with all things, it is still optimal in moderation;)

Great info AG. I read once that the Sun creates, at it's brightest, 10,000 lumins per sq ft. The "ideal" optimum light for photo and therefore growing is between 7,800 - 9,200 lumins per sq ft. I know thats a pretty broad difference but when you factor in that our artificial lighting is fairly constant at whatever lumins per sq ft we achieve and Suns varies over the course of a 24hrs period, the "average" is pretty good. Hope that makes sense? lol :):peace:

Great info AG. I read once that the Sun creates, at it's brightest, 10,000 lumins per sq ft. The "ideal" optimum light for photo and therefore growing is between 7,800 - 9,200 lumins per sq ft. I know thats a pretty broad difference but when you factor in that our artificial lighting is fairly constant at whatever lumins per sq ft we achieve and Suns varies over the course of a 24hrs period, the "average" is pretty good. Hope that makes sense? lol :):peace:

Sunlight intensity is measured in lux, 1 lux = 1 lumen per square meter, the midday sunlight is 32,000-130,000 lux depending on the time of the year.

Hi LA - just stopping by to say thanks for the heads up about that brita filter. It dropped the ph from 8+ to 6.5. Hopefully the plants will be as impressed with the water as I was.:thanks:

Hi LA - just stopping by to say thanks for the heads up about that brita filter. It dropped the ph from 8+ to 6.5. Hopefully the plants will be as impressed with the water as I was.:thanks:

Hehe. My wife won't use tap water for anything and even uses brita in her tassimo coffe maker. And all this time I struggle with tap water ph.

Reps for this and your sig. Line Flower Chld

I pay around $10-15 for 2 cu ft of decent soil around here. after tilling it, the stuff drains so well. water never puddles at the top of my pots anymore, it soaks right into the soil which is nice.

tilling the soil with your hands before putting it in a pot is a GREAT technique that I will never skip anymore.

I also microwave my soil before planting to kill any bug larvae, which is why I have no more fungus gnats in my grow area (thank god, knock on wood)

now to find some cheap coco and see if it grows quicker/bigger plants?

Hey b.real. I found my mix of coco and soil really great t o work with as you get the forgiveness of soil but with the airy draining of coco. I think I might go down this root permanently from now. just a thought.

Hey guys hows it growing? Green I hope, I was wondering if either one of you have ever grown with 100% coco coir? I have zero perlite and got great results, I did end up adding some extra chunky later but compared to soil the coir was a lot faster and the plants could handle daily waterings. My pro mix plants in my smaller flowering room gets watered every three to four days right now. Maybe five if the snow keeps up, guess most of the outside work I didnt get to will most likely be there in spring for me to do lol.
I was hoping to upgrade my water supply and add a ro system but maybe some hate tape is more imp. And a way to filter it after I keep it from freezing.
Allright you lst masters I'll check ya later

Hey all and may the day find you content and happy with a garden that repays your devotion.

Ok Gitt is doing fine. little Molly Mcfly even got some attention off me the other day. (shocking I know) She was dying slowly, so I broke her root mass up gently, and have re potted her up into some less hot soil. She seems to be responding slightly better. So I might not be simply killing her lol. I'll post pics up later also. Firstly I'll try get round to everyone's journals.

Back
Top Bottom