DrZiggy's 2nd Journal - ACE Seeds - High Brix - LEDs

That would be the optimal lights, imo. Have a programmable timer that you plug in the coordinates, and somehow that data that rascio posted, and you grow your strain as light and regionally coordinated as possible.

Or maybe people are growing better weed controlling their environment than occurs in the wild..

..cant tell i had some cooked weed...lol

Wow, you guys are taking lighting to a whole new level for me. All I know is veg in 18/6 and bloom under 12/12. LOL

Wow, you guys are taking lighting to a whole new level for me. All I know is veg in 18/6 and bloom under 12/12. LOL

Look at what DrZiggy has been harvesting on 11/13 BAR. He's certainly tempted me to give it a try. Grow #3 will be strictly 11/13, seed to harvest.

Yeah Sue, I understand all that & diminishing light cycle and what not but I'm lost when folks start talking equators & equinox. I was reading a few post awhile back from Conradino23 on the subject but got lost in the sauce.

I dunno. I guess marijuana grows and blooms just fine in subtropical regions, where there is very little variation in the day length.
I had just reviewed Ziggy's grows, and was thinking about How skipping the extreme vegetative day length could affect phenotypical variation.
So many possibilities for original experiments open up when you set aside yields as the measure of success of the grow. I suppose the 18/6 veg 12/12 flower regime stuck for so long because messing with it tended to reduce yields, something few commercial growers are willing to do.
So my guess is that the phenotypical differences you are seeing under a 11/13 light regime may be more of a baseline. The 'normal phenos observed under 18/6 -> 12/12 may be a result of what is actually light stress....

What I've come across in researching is that the plants will have more tendency to express their normal pheno traits under 11/13 than other lighting schedules. Then I've been watching Zig and... Wow! I realize a lot of what he's getting in quality is due to that magnificent kit Doc developed, but I'd bet they're improved by the lighting as well. I want to see what happens in LOS.

I dunno. I guess marijuana grows and blooms just fine in subtropical regions, where there is very little variation in the day length.
I had just reviewed Ziggy's grows, and was thinking about How skipping the extreme vegetative day length could affect phenotypical variation.
So many possibilities for original experiments open up when you set aside yields as the measure of success of the grow. I suppose the 18/6 veg 12/12 flower regime stuck for so long because messing with it tended to reduce yields, something few commercial growers are willing to do.
So my guess is that the phenotypical differences you are seeing under a 11/13 light regime may be more of a baseline. The 'normal phenos observed under 18/6 -> 12/12 may be a result of what is actually light stress....

Well put! I think similarly. Add that to kit soil, and the strains that you thought you knew are no longer the same.

The Kwazulu is that short? Your photos show an amazing frosting, I guess it put all of its energy into trich formation. Am glad to hear it is so aromatic, it is a very interesting strain.

I think the reason equatorial sativas flower for so long is because they really don't have a vegative stage, it's all seedling then bloom in their natural habitat.

growing the plant under different light schedules shows different phenotypic expression, dj short claims that even the slightest offset like 15 minutes can make a plant express different.

you guys have been going nuts with the lights, what yall smoke :cool:

growing the plant under different light schedules shows different phenotypic expression, dj short claims that even the slightest offset like 15 minutes can make a plant express different.

you guys have been going nuts with the lights, what yall smoke :cool:

The question is "What do you plan to smoke?"

The answer is "better product".

Back
Top Bottom