Duggan - DBHBB With Two Pots - One Kit - Four Plants

I mean for your needs fem seeds are mostly all right! I run less and less of them very year but I still have a lot I could and I will grow, and I had some great plants from feminized seeds. In the end it's all about what works for us and what doesn't :tokin:

Regular or feminized that is the Question, whether having to sex your plants or not? This dilemma is a matter of personal preference and is based on the best on the seeds available to the growers budget and available seed banks the person has access to.
:ciao:

If it was totally up to me and not how much space I have ...I would for sure do clones and try lots of reg. seeds but as Conradino just said , we all have to do what suits our space and style, period. Right now I don't have the space and really only have one sealed and secure room for vegging and blooming....another reason I only grow three crops a yr. for high yields and stick to Fem. seeds, mostly! Cheers Gang!

Same here. It isn't a matter of choice. I do not have multiple rooms to grow out a bunch of seeds and pick the best. I guess I could pull a "Ziggy" and grow from 12/12 or less. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Can't you spot them in veg if you let them go long enough? Just a gallon or two of soil and pack em in the veg room let them grow till they show preflowers. The only thing with that is having to veg longer. I guess it depends on the size of your veg room. Have a great day Duggan and all!:Namaste:

Regular or feminized that is the Question, whether having to sex your plants or not? This dilemma is a matter of personal preference and is based on the best on the seeds available to the growers budget and available seed banks the person has access to.
:ciao:

Same here. It isn't a matter of choice. I do not have multiple rooms to grow out a bunch of seeds and pick the best. I guess I could pull a "Ziggy" and grow from 12/12 or less. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Can't you spot them in veg if you let them go long enough? Just a gallon or two of soil and pack em in the veg room let them grow till they show preflowers. The only thing with that is having to veg longer. I guess it depends on the size of your veg room. Have a great day Duggan and all!:Namaste:

Here's the thing ,....when space is very limited, and i mean limited, lets say i grew four larger plants....as i do now, but all four from reg. seeds , vegging them for two months , going from one gal. pot right into the 26ers for an additional month of veg. All four plants are filling the space, still, no sign of boys....then they show ,...but wait, it's not spotting them, that's easy,...it's letting them grow , sucking the life out of me, taking up very valuable space. Now lets say only two are girls....in the same pot....!!!!! No thanks , just can't risk that happening. This time around , i got lucky!! with the MLI's. Boy did i get lucky,...OR we're on to something with sexing seeds. I'm at 100% now using it...well...2 for 2!:rofl:
One of the fun things about growing is ...it's like giving the same job to 10 different electricians, and they all have their own way to get it done! They all do the job correctly,..everything looks good, works great, and is safe,...but took 10 different path's to get there.We are all having a blast producing some of the nicest , cleanest herb there is. Growing , and being part of our group we have here is such a bonus! We are for ever picking up lil tips and quirks from the gang,...not only about the "kit" but life, as well!:circle-of-love:
Have an awesome night you guys!:high-five:

Here's the thing ,....when space is very limited, and i mean limited, lets say i grew four larger plants....as i do now, but all four from reg. seeds , vegging them for two months , going from one gal. pot right into the 26ers for an additional month of veg. All four plants are filling the space, still, no sign of boys....then they show ,...but wait, it's not spotting them, that's easy,...it's letting them grow , sucking the life out of me, taking up very valuable space. Now lets say only two are girls....in the same pot....!!!!! No thanks , just can't risk that happening. This time around , i got lucky!! with the MLI's. Boy did i get lucky,...OR we're on to something with sexing seeds. I'm at 100% now using it...well...2 for 2!:rofl:
One of the fun things about growing is ...it's like giving the same job to 10 different electricians, and they all have their own way to get it done! They all do the job correctly,..everything looks good, works great, and is safe,...but took 10 different path's to get there.We are all having a blast producing some of the nicest , cleanest herb there is. Growing , and being part of our group we have here is such a bonus! We are for ever picking up lil tips and quirks from the gang,...not only about the "kit" but life, as well!:circle-of-love:
Well said Duggan :thumb: I feel really similarly about this. I've worked with plenty of people that feel there is only one correct way to get things done. I've always felt that if you get the job done then the steps you took to get there don't matter so much. You do really well in your set up and its because you do what works for you. I was surprised you put both reg seeds in one pot. I figured you would separate them so that if they were both males you wouldn't have wasted all that soil in the one pot. Maybe something to think about if you run a few of them again. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well said Duggan :thumb: I feel really similarly about this. I've worked with plenty of people that feel there is only one correct way to get things done. I've always felt that if you get the job done then the steps you took to get there don't matter so much. You do really well in your set up and its because you do what works for you. I was surprised you put both reg seeds in one pot. I figured you would separate them so that if they were both males you wouldn't have wasted all that soil in the one pot. Maybe something to think about if you run a few of them again. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hey yeti, yes , i had thought of that , and was going to do it that way but changed my mind. I wanted to keep them together , at the front of the garden , where i could keep a very close eye on them. When they get big like this Yeti , it 's almost impossible to really care for the back two. I know they were both from Fem seeds , so i should be OK, it was the unknown factor with the regs.and the MLI's. i was worried about. Anyhow , Yeti, i'm bagged brotha, cheers.

Hey yeti, yes , i had thought of that , and was going to do it that way but changed my mind. I wanted to keep them together , at the front of the garden , where i could keep a very close eye on them. When they get big like this Yeti , it 's almost impossible to really care for the back two. I know they were both from Fem seeds , so i should be OK, it was the unknown factor with the regs.and the MLI's. i was worried about. Anyhow , Yeti, i'm bagged brotha, cheers.

Ya things are pretty tight in there Duggan. It is pretty amazing that you are even able to drench the back pot!

It's not the risk of not spotting mail plants...I can do that easy...it's using the soil and space for two months only to find out it's a male after all the work
Ditto...

McD's on your training Duggan.

For my hunger games I grew out and transplanted before finding males and females, but it was a time related thing. Now that I have confirmed females and have them growing from clone I am approaching the hunger games pheno hunts in a different way. I will plant the seeds and grow in 1 gallon pots. When the plants finally show sex as female I will clone them and grow from clone. I won't bother flowering the seedlings in all likelihood, just let them grow as they like, clone and cull once clones root. Or give them away. So this way there is less pressure to keep the seedling looking good. In the case where the seedling looks good to flower I will go ahead and flower it. but no pressure. I

I have some great strains so no pressure. I will flower them and send in the sexed clones of the new ones when space comes available. So very little work on the seedlings. I literally just water them and look for preflowers. I am about to check the shangri-la plants for preflowers and clone them. The Tuts and THC bombs are too small still. Maybe I will find a place outside and throw the sexed seedlings there. But if it is a male, no worries, just one gallon of soil and a tall thin plant to throw away.

Ya things are pretty tight in there Duggan. It is pretty amazing that you are even able to drench the back pot!

Ya, with the back pot , I have to roll the front pot over about 8" or so, , remove the space heater then I can just get in there enough to stretch out and water it (the back pot). If I had to , I could get right back in there but it's a real pita (not you Major,HAHA!) Would love to have a space I could actually work in , like be able to walk around and really prune and care for them a lil better but, but! :tokin:
Ditto...

McD's on your training Duggan.

Thanks a bunch my friend! It was fun growing this time around...I just love growing this Maple Leaf Indica. Would have bin nice to have some clones of these two! Oh well, I'm goin with Kosher Kush (two) and maybe two more MLI's.,next round, not 100 % sure yet! Cheers BAR! and thanks for stopping by brotha!:high-five:

Ya, with the back pot , I have to roll the front pot over about 8" or so, , remove the space heater then I can just get in there enough to stretch out and water it (the back pot). If I had to , I could get right back in there but it's a real pita (not you Major,HAHA!) Would love to have a space I could actually work in , like be able to walk around and really prune and care for them a lil better but, but! :tokin:

Thanks a bunch my friend! It was fun growing this time around...I just love growing this Maple Leaf Indica. Would have bin nice to have some clones of these two! Oh well, I'm goin with Kosher Kush (two) and maybe two more MLI's.,next round, not 100 % sure yet! Cheers BAR! and thanks for stopping by brotha!:high-five:

That does sound like a pain. But you definitely make due with what you have. You make your space work very well for you. I can see why you're enjoying those MLIs Duggan they haven't seemed to skip a beat. I cannot wait to see what they turn into in the end :cheesygrinsmiley:

You always find a way to maximize your space Duggs. Better late than never, of course I love the journal! I request a root pic after the grow, and if plausible, separate and compare the roots between plants. I'm needy and curious, but realize 26g can be heavy and awkward, but if you are reusing the soil I imagine a possibility. Thanks for posting your Mazar pic, reminded me of tasty danky times. I'm flying blind on 3 of my plants, hoping one of these seeds will bring its qualities out. Your grow looks like a perfect mix of smoke, I'm sure you will enjoy top notch stuff.

You always find a way to maximize your space Duggs. Better late than never, of course I love the journal! I request a root pic after the grow, and if plausible, separate and compare the roots between plants. I'm needy and curious, but realize 26g can be heavy and awkward, but if you are reusing the soil I imagine a possibility. Thanks for posting your Mazar pic, reminded me of tasty danky times. I'm flying blind on 3 of my plants, hoping one of these seeds will bring its qualities out. Your grow looks like a perfect mix of smoke, I'm sure you will enjoy top notch stuff.

Morning 36G...thanks for stopping by my brotha and thanks too, ya , I always fill the space , no choice ....need the produce! I will have a look at the roots after I break down the pots to start over. Mind me askin why ya wanna closer look at the roots? Do you just wanna see what strain dominated the soil? or just wanna see how complete and fiberous they are thru the whole pot? I'm assuming you want to see the Zamal Hash / MK-Ultra pot, correct?

I'm interested in seeing the root mass of each plant in both pots. Does one MLI become dominant or do they split it? How do the back two p!ay together underground? I'm always curious duggs.

Mornin 36G....ya ok brotha, very good questions and I am also wanting to see the same , so I will let us all know of my four plant , two pot grow. lets just see how they all play together eh. Will give everyone a good idea on how the diff. strains react to each other etc. I guess everyone knows my reason for the big pots by now , my thinking all along is both plants will have access to double the soil therefore will show far less concern and problems deep into bloom! So far my system is working very well as my yields are quite high and display very consistant ,good health. Have an awesome day 36G and Gang!

Mornin 36G....ya ok brotha, very good questions and I am also wanting to see the same , so I will let us all know of my four plant , two pot grow. lets just see how they all play together eh. Will give everyone a good idea on how the diff. strains react to each other etc. I guess everyone knows my reason for the big pots by now , my thinking all along is both plants will have access to double the soil therefore will show far less concern and problems deep into bloom! So far my system is working very well as my yields are quite high and display very consistant ,good health. Have an awesome day 36G and Gang!

you probably will experience different terps than usual. due to the symbiotic relationship :)

I'm interested in seeing the root mass of each plant in both pots. Does one MLI become dominant or do they split it? How do the back two p!ay together underground? I'm always curious duggs.
High 36. I'm not sure about different strains in the same pot but as long as they're the same strain from the same batch of beans or clones from the same mother they grow in harmony. No one dominates unless they have different start dates. Then each plant is asking for different amounts of each nutrient at different times. We've grown numerous plants pot sharing. At the moment we have 7 plants in a 3gal Smart Pot... Pushing the limits.

Hey duggs! When I go to start my SCROG ill need a way to water/feed the back plant. What im gonna use is a 6 gal bucket that I have with my beer brewing kit. It has a spigot and a long enough clear hose that will be able to reach all the pots. Ill hang it up or just put it on a crate connect the hose and open the valve and it should flow easily. The bucket I have is marked from 1 gal to 6 gal so theres no confusion. Each plant will get roughly 2 gallons. This way I dont have to be a yoga expert to get to the back plant. Maybe this method will be of some help to you! :)

Back
Top Bottom