GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

But this lollipop recipe called for 3 tablespoons of tincture and in the end I only got 15 lollipops out of the mixture.
Wow! Those suckers ( šŸ˜„ ) should definitely do the trick...
have to try one before I give one to anyone else. So I'll have to go for it tomorrow morning!
A Thanksgiving wake'n bake...
Have a great Thanksgiving, Mr.&Mrs. GDB!

I've only been dosing about .5mg sublingually at a time. And I've been doing that 2-3 times a day with about 4 hours between doses. As a result I always feel like I'm floating a bit, just not quite in control of things like I'm used to being. Wonderful!
Wow. Only a half a milligram?!? What is a normal dose for you if you wouldn't mind sharing?

That sounds like some powerful stuff!

They look good, I'll be intrigued waiting for your test report!
Thanks Stunger. Hopefully the report will be coming soon!
Wow! Those suckers ( šŸ˜„ ) should definitely do the trick...
I think they might do "a" trick Carcass! :)
A Thanksgiving wake'n bake...
Have a great Thanksgiving, Mr.&Mrs. GDB!
Same to you and yours Distant Relative!:)
Finally catching up. Beautiful garden mate. They're coming along nicely.

I'm looking forward to hearing how the lolly goes.
Thanks Vet. I'm looking forward as well!
Ok, it's tomorrow morning and those suckers look awesome! Nice pop making!
Thanks so much Stone!
He mite bee to Stonened to type :rofl: The Pops do look good ! They should have a kick with that dosing Garden is looking stellar , And another Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours
Thank you Smoke. Yes, they should kick, scratch and some more stuff! :laughtwo:

----------

And now for a FEELING GUILTY UPDATE:

Having said that I was going to keep good notes when I made the pops, I felt bad about not doing exactly that. I blame the daily tincture doses but, hey, I have to take at least some of the responsibility!

Anyway here's some of the info:

Here's a pic of the lollipop kit, including the little plastic bags, lolly sticks and ties:
lolly mold kit.jpg

This is the flavor emulsion I used:
IMG_5833.jpg

The candy thermometer caused the only glitch in this project. I thought I had everything I needed because I was planning on using my everyday meat thermometer. But it only measures to 190F and I needed something that would measure to 300F.

So I had to suspend the project and run to the craft store to get a candy one. Luckily there's a craft store less than 2 miles away.
IMG_5831.jpg

Even if I could have used it, using my meat thermometer would have been a PITA because I would have had to hold it in place over the very hot, boiling mixture for an extended period. (Once the mixture started boiling it still took about 10+ minutes to reach 300 degrees.)

The candy thermometer has a metal clip on the back that you slide onto your saucepan to hold it in place!

IMG_5832.jpg

And finally, here is the recipe I used along with my chicken-scratch notations on how I altered the recipe. I didn't alter it much, just cut back on a little sugar and increased the amount of tincture by a tad (tee hee).
IMG_5829.jpg

With the candy mixture you have to be really quick with the pour because it sets to a thick gooey mass shortly after being removed from the heat. I think I still have about 4-5 pops in the saucepan just because I didn't get it poured out fast enough. (I plan on re-heating it and trying to pour it out again.)

There. Now I feel much better! :)

I had planned to have a few pancakes for breakfast this morning and then test a lolly. But Mrs. GDB started cooking Thanksgiving dinner last night and the fridge is now packed with prepped dishes and the pancake batter is no where in sight.

My Lazy-Meter vetoed the idea of pulling stuff out to find the batter and instead convinced me to just have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, so that's what I'm going to do.

Then the testing begins! Braveheart will be testing on the smallest pop (shallowest pour) of the batch!
IMG_5835.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

PEACE.

Wow. Only a half a milligram?!? What is a normal dose for you if you wouldn't mind sharing?

That sounds like some powerful stuff!
That was a mistake. I meant to say .5 milliliters. Thanks for bringing that to my attention Azimuth!

And, believe or not, due to my time on 420 I'm doing better than I ever have with metric measurements! :)

Happy Thanksgiving GDB, family and friends! Thanks for lolly recipe and method. I've been wanting to make hard candies for the longest time. Sugar thermometer has been on my list. Have a mellow celebration and enjoy your feast šŸ¦ƒ

Happy Thanksgiving GDB, family and friends! Thanks for lolly recipe and method. I've been wanting to make hard candies for the longest time. Sugar thermometer has been on my list. Have a mellow celebration and enjoy your feast šŸ¦ƒ
Thanks so much Carmen!

You have a sweet tooth too? šŸ­

Back
Top Bottom