Gee's First Grow - Supersoil Fully Organic LED 2017

420-magazine-mobile903715616.jpg

Heres a close up of a double ended growing tip freshly topped. The 2 will be 4 shortly. Then its just a matter of training the 16 ( or 32) tops into symmetry and up-potting to 10 gal smart pots which the wife is sewing together right now. Then grow it all out and flip it to bud

The method7 LED glasses are very cool too. They make them for MH and HPS too. If you guys really want to treat yourselves I really recommend a set. It really reduces eye stress and its cool in front of the camera lens lol
I ordered a cheap $20 (cdn) on Amazon came with 2 lenses. 1 blue one for hid and a green one for led.

I started the BlueSky Tea bubbling for 48 hours. It looks suprisingly similar to Rev's tea. Some fertilizer, guano, kelp, alphalpha, and maybe a bit of blood meal. It doesn't appear to have any microbes in it so I am going to add worm castings and steer manure as well. The organic booster additive smells exactly like high end organic blackstrap molasses with a slight wiff of something fruity so a flavor enhancer perhaps. All in all it looks quite good except for the lack of microbes.

Also I topped both a Green Crack and a Durban Poison today so thats 3 plants going to 16 tops. 2 or 3 more will be ready tonight to top and likely the rest tomorrow. All nodes are still symetrical so getting 1 plant topped 1 more time to 32 tops should be doable. I may even take 1 of each the Cali OG Kush, Durban Poison, and Green Crack to 32 tops just to see it on the different strains.

The full blooded sativa, The Hemmy Black from kingdom Organic seeds is getting very lush and even though its over 2 weeks younger it is catching up but still not close enough to top. It has very nice branches forming from the nodes.

I am really curious for the 32 tops! Who knows How awesome that Will be.

420-magazine-mobile18469206.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1484799994.jpg

Heres 2 pics of the same Durban. The one from the side shows the manifolding starting to take shape. The other is the same plant from above. Its 6 nodes high now at 16 tops and the branches have been stripped from the bottom 2 nodes and the leaves from the bottom 3 nodes. Eventually all the leaves will be stripped up to the 6th node so all 16 trunks will be vegetation free at the bottom. After that its just the task of flexing them into a symmetrical shape so all trunks have room for air and light penetration.

Vexgrows Flux was a prime example, he had 24 or 28 perfect arms until they hit stretch then a few colas lagged behind. Its still a very impressive plant.

420-magazine-mobile1519531204.jpg

Heres an interesting shot. Its of the weather station in my tent. The values on the left are from the base unit at plant level. The values on the right are the remote sensing unit 12 inches above the canopy. The interesting part is that its from my old cell phone thats hanging in my tent running an app called Warden Cam. It allows me to view my grow in real video streaming through a cloud so I can press record to capture a video to the cloud or snap a pic any time I want but what it really does is allow me to monitor the conditions remotely. Its secure and protected to only allow my phone access to it. You get 15 gigs of free cloud space with the app which is way more than I will ever use. It runs off my home internet. The old phone doesnt have a cellular plan on it.

Vexgrows Flux was a prime example, he had 24 or 28 perfect arms until they hit stretch then a few colas lagged behind. Its still a very impressive plant.
Fluxing was my first thought but as I researched training I came across manifolding. It should cause all branch3s to be equal with none straggling behind. Only one way to find out I guess lol

Topping is addictive lol. After 32 comes 64 however from everything I've read on manifolding you are always going to get 8 tops before the nodes become non-symetrical. 16 is fairly common, and 32 is usually the max. Maybe one day I will see just how many I can get.

Cant wait for that. For Sure something to think about :)

Back
Top Bottom