InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

My Otters dream, Stankberry pollen on Blue dream CBD, has been a winner for folks that use it for pain. The Stankberry's highish thc and cbd from Blue Dream CBD make a good weed cocktail. It's a tasty and good buzz that may be medicinal too if one needs that! I'd presume the thc level could go go anywhere on the scale. Try one for kicks. I'll grow one out if that helps. I'm thinking of a "with help from my friends grow" at some time, featuring everyone else's genetics from The Mag.
I've got a couple babies going from my Bruce Banner CBD cross with Cement Shoes from the reg seeds comparative grow. Hoping that combo will be a nice pain killing sleep med... Gonna be in the garden in a couple weeks next to the Purple Ghost Candy...Also that stowaway girl (I hope!) in the bottom left still in the SIP will be migrated to the raised bed as well, or maybe I'll reposition her in this thing and put it outside.

20240417_161859.jpg

I've got a couple babies going from my Bruce Banner CBD cross with Cement Shoes from the reg seeds comparative grow. Gonna be in the garden in a couple weeks next to the Purple Ghost Candy
Crowded house Schnookie and I hope that Banner CBD/Cement Shoes cross hits all the right spots!
Also that stowaway girl (I hope!) in the bottom left still in the SIP will be migrated to the raised bed as well, or maybe I'll reposition her in this thing and put it outside.
I'm glad you're keeping that volunteer around, and if you wanted to keep it in the SIP you could just train it to the other side rather than reposition it.

If you move the SIP outside it's probably worth finding a way to shade the bucket or get some insulation around it. When I ran the SWICK outside in the sun last summer, the duct tape temps at the res got to 106.8ºF!

full

I ended up wrapping the pot in a wet towel that sat in a saucer of water:

20230823_090253 5KC.jpg

Worked really well and dropped the temp by 24º:

full

Thanks! I don't think they sell 3.5% milk here, just regular, 2%, and skim. Either way, I'll try the regular and see what happens.

Well the link doesn't work if you click on it but it looks readable when it's quoted. From what I can find it's definitely in North America...
...but in Los Angeles it seems we plant Weeping Willows, which is a cross. No idea what the difference is but without easy access to either I can't see going down that road. Who knows if that Shoes guy even knew what he was talking about!

not sure if it's at all the same thing, or where this is in the conversation - there is a well-known "willow tea" - once used by native americans and colonials forward, essentially it's a pesticide, and pretty toxic. give it a google.

Well, hello there Sheddie.

I came for the banter, as suggested.

BTW....
The whole mystery seed thing still creeps me out. Kinda stalker-y imo.

Crowded house Schnookie and I hope that Banner CBD/Cement Shoes cross hits all the right spots!

I'm glad you're keeping that volunteer around, and if you wanted to keep it in the SIP you could just train it to the other side rather than reposition it.

If you move the SIP outside it's probably worth finding a way to shade the bucket or get some insulation around it. When I ran the SWICK outside in the sun last summer, the duct tape temps at the res got to 106.8ºF!

full

20230823_090253 5KC.jpg

full
Yes you’re welcome for that btw. lol 😂 CL🍀

Three bumps or orphan my post on the bottom of this page?

:hmmmm:
I was just about to type "bump", when I saw I was four pages behind 😲

I've decided that potassium bicarbonate (with tap water) is not the answer to my PM issue so I sprayed that plant with neem oil this morning.
Thank you for doing the testing so that we don't have to.

I do the testing so no one else has to...not a lot of folks will intentionally grow PM on their plants!
Indeed.

I'm caught up and thanks for the laughs :laugh:

i don't think it was actual white willow as its not native to north america its probably peach leaf willow native to north America Mexico all the way up here & its bark has salicylates such as acetylsalic acid or otherwise known as asprin
Your are quite correct on this. I grew up on an Indian Reservation and had a nice little family farm there. The natives there would share with us, some of the old time ways of their ancestors. One of these was making a tea from the bark of a willow tree that was native to the area. This was my introduction into plant medicine.
I Love My Girls... :smokin:

full

20230823_090253 5KC.jpg

full
Wow! This is ingenious @InTheShed !!!

Your are quite correct on this. I grew up on an Indian Reservation and had a nice little family farm there. The natives there would share with us, some of the old time ways of their ancestors. One of these was making a tea from the bark of a willow tree that was native to the area. This was my introduction into plant medicine.
yeah i know lots of natives but a handful of them have been brought up in their traditional ways & do have a lot of nature knowledge also just picked up a book on medicinal plants of canada so i'll be thumbing through that this summer, tons of willow in my area so probably try a few things

yeah i know lots of natives but a handful of them have been brought up in their traditional ways & do have a lot of nature knowledge also just picked up a book on medicinal plants of canada so i'll be thumbing through that this summer, tons of willow in my area so probably try a few things
If my memory serves me correctly he was using with the white willow, comfrey and nettles. CL🍀

Thursday POLLEN WATCH 2024 update...no visible pollen on the plant yet.

Here are some POIDH (pics or it didn't happen) pics from flip day 26.

The STS sprayed plant has some pretty purple pollen parts, but I don't see any pollen:

I shook it over the pistil plant last night before lights out, and I shook one branch over the arm of my blue sweatshirt this morning and saw a few specks, but that could have been dust. Either way they're both still spending the day outside.

Here are a couple of pics of the pistils:

If those are pollinated, is early pollen just as viable as spilling-all-over-the-place pollen? :hmmmm:

Speaking of PM, I noticed that the pistil plant is starting to get those tell-tale white patches on some interior leaves, and since I can't spray with anything at the moment I took a cotton ball with 70% iso alcohol and wiped down as many affected leaves as I could, without touching the flowers themselves.

We'll see!

Thanks for watching with me. :ciao:

Quotes:
not sure if it's at all the same thing, or where this is in the conversation - there is a well-known "willow tea" - once used by native americans and colonials forward, essentially it's a pesticide, and pretty toxic. give it a google.
Thanks bluter! I'm going to let someone else do the willow tea testing for a few reasons: I can't find enough info online to verify how much of what to use for PM, and repeatability is key for me both in using and showing what someone else can use.
Well, hello there Sheddie.
I came for the banter, as suggested.
And? Did you leave satisfied?
BTW....The whole mystery seed thing still creeps me out. Kinda stalker-y imo.
It is, but I reckon he really didn't want to be identified, especially given his apparent animosity toward me. Who knows!

[For anyone wondering what we're talking about, my original post on it is here.]
LOL I had no idea what the context of your bump comment was ,I do now sorry if I messed up the flow of your thread
No worries Absorber, I appreciate that you wanted to help!
Yes you’re welcome for that btw. lol CL🍀
Oh damn, sorry Captain and you are 100% correct. :thanks:

The idea for the wet towel wrap came from the good Captain, first posted here.
I was just about to type "bump", when I saw I was four pages behind
:laugh:
Thank you for doing the testing so that we don't have to.
Always glad to help!
Indeed.

I'm caught up and thanks for the laughs
:battingeyelashes:
So many plants are medicine, including the ones we're growing!
Wow! This is ingenious @InTheShed !!!
Thanks, and credit to @CaptainLucky for bringing me the idea!
Another good reason to subscribe to your new Lakeside journal.
If my memory serves me correctly he was using with the white willow, comfrey and nettles. CL🍀
Thanks Captain! Without an exact repeatable recipe I'm going to pass. I'm not the throw a bunch of stuff in a bottle and spray it on the plants to see what happens kinda grower. I still would like to see someone else run actual tests using it though.

If those are pollinated, is early pollen just as viable as spilling-all-over-the-place pollen?
If it requires resources from the plant to mature, and it's been released from the anthers, wouldn't it be as mature as it's going to get?

I have no idea! I was thinking that maybe the early pollen from the split sacs might not really be ready for prime time. I mean...we let 18 year olds vote even though brain development isn't complete until the mid 20s!
Sure, but they're fully fertile by then, and still eating what they need to mature.
The male flower might not be fully formed yet, but it seems like it would take it time to build up that much pollen inside it, and some of it would've been made before the rest.
Like how buds form. Those first flowers that form at the junction of a branch where a bud will form. They're ready to accept pollen before the rest of the bud is.

I have no idea! I was thinking that maybe the early pollen from the split sacs might not really be ready for prime time. I mean...we let 18 year olds vote even though brain development isn't complete until the mid 20s!
And to "develop" your metaphor even more: These same 18 year olds have been making "pollen" for years, with some of the earliest "pollen" not ready for prime time too.

Sure, but they're fully fertile by then, and still eating what they need to mature.
The male flower might not be fully formed yet, but it seems like it would take it time to build up that much pollen inside it, and some of it would've been made before the rest.
Like how buds form. Those first flowers that form at the junction of a branch where a bud will form. They're ready to accept pollen before the rest of the bud is.
My completely uniformed theory was the longer it takes to split open the more mature the pollen. If you try to pollinate a pistil the day it appears out of the calyx to confirm the plant is female, will you get a viable seed, or as viable as one from a fully formed pistil?
And to "develop" your metaphor even more: These same 18 year olds have been making "pollen" for years, with some of the earliest "pollen" not ready for prime time too.

My completely uniformed theory was the longer it takes to split open the more mature the pollen. If you try to pollinate a pistil the day it appears out of the calyx to confirm the plant is female, will you get a viable seed, or as viable as one from a fully formed pistil?

I don't really have any information to back me up, but I'm wondering how much more it can mature after it releases from the anther inside the male flower while the flower continues to build pollen to make that initial burst when it opens up.
I do know, sadly from experience, that the initial bract that forms first before the rest of the bud can be pollinated, and can produce fertile seeds.
I've grown a few.

Back
Top Bottom