Scum/algae in the buckets is bad, and is usually related to light leaks. I'd hose out any scum when changing the buckets. I also use beneficial bacteria (Hydroguard / z7) to try to keep the scum to a minimum.
Work good. Cause that was al ays issue . We had some dam little bitty fish that ate the algea and such. It's was the only way to defeat that at the time.

Date: 1/13/22 Day# 35 of Flower
Strain: Skunk Special fem photo seeds x 4
Grow Space: The Bud Factory - Sponsored by VIVOSUN
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 100% 18-24" (50-65k lux)
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- 6" exhaust fan w/ controller
- 4" booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- 12" floor fan + Oscillating tower fan
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
- Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump (14W 21L/min)
- Vivosun 2x4 Air Stones (x4)
Nutrients - Prescription Blend Week# 5 Flower & bennies (Hydroguard, z7)
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)

I'm still just giving them water since the res change. The pH is starting drop on it's own, though, a good sign they're starting to bulk up. I'll stop adding pH down to their feed/water and the extra carbonates in my well water should keep the pH from getting too low. As soon as the PPMs drop below 1100 I'll add more nutes.
Screenshot_20230113_151106_Sheets.jpg

Today a view from the left side of the tent, starting with Speck. She's still really just two main buds, but they're very pretty buds.

And then you put her in perspective.

It looks like Sandy, in the back-left of these pics, is a slightly different phenotype. Longer, slimmer buds with fewer pistils. I've noticed her leaves may be a bit thinner as well. I'll have to keep her separated when we harvest to see if I can tell a difference. Here's a side-by-side, with Sandy on the left.

They're all doing fantastic after five weeks of flower under the @VIVOSUN VSF6450!

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

You're killing it again BudMan! Seems to be a matter of routine with you. :bravo:

Your plants look amazing, LKA! Any chance you take a photo of those magnificent colas with a size reference next to it? Because they look huge from my seat.

Your plants look amazing, LKA!
Thanks HG, I think so too.
Any chance you take a photo of those magnificent colas with a size reference next to it? Because they look huge from my seat.
Even better, how about a few pictures of my new digital calipers (readings in inches) ;)

A digital caliper! I'll be damned!

Back in my day we used a plain old wooden ruler, often even with the little metal side blade missing. :laugh:

Thanks HG, I think so too.

Even better, how about a few pictures of my new digital calipers (readings in inches) ;)

Well I was today years old when I found out what a calipers is! Let alone discovering they are digital!

My tool belt just tingled (not a euphemism).

I want to get one!

LOL...make sure to include (but not squish) the foxtails!
Foxtails were not included. I got as close as I could, but tried not to touch anything.
A digital caliper! I'll be damned!

Back in my day we used a plain old wooden ruler, often even with the little metal side blade missing. :laugh:
I was looking through the 'zon for Christmas presents < $30 and saw this. It'll be really helpful for measuring tubing sizes and such. Really, though, I thought it was cool and would be fun to measure bud progress in the last couple of weeks.
Well I was today years old when I found out what a calipers is! Let alone discovering they are digital!

My tool belt just tingled (not a euphemism).

I want to get one!
You can replace you wine bottle (well, at least for measuring).
Killing it Brother!

(Im sure that means the same there as here)
It does, thanks.
This was my fear of being flip buddies.
LOL, soil and hydro are not the same. Throw in the @Prescription Blend and the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 and it's not really a fair comparison ;) You have some beautiful buds, these girls are just freaks!

Date: 1/18/22 Day# 40 of Flower
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun 6" AeroZesh exhaust fan
- Vivosun GrowHub - Controls the light and exhaust & syncs with Vivosun App
Nutrients - Prescription Blend Week# 6 Flower & Bennies (Hydroguard, z7)
Weekly Temperatures

The Bud Factory is now controlled by the @VIVOSUN Smart Growing System! I've been running the VSF6450 on a GrowHub for a few weeks now, and yesterday afternoon I hooked up the 6" AeroZesh. My exhaust fan is mounted outside the tent, so it was really easy. I just replaced the old exhaust fan with the AeroZesh, plugged the AeroZesh into the GrowHub, then plugged it in.

I created a recipe for this grow. Since I'm starting the recipe in flower, I skipped the seedling and veg setup, and just set up the flower stage. For now, just the light (100% Flower 8a-8p) and the exhaust (auto 54%RH day 48%RH night).

I had an issue this morning. I initially set up the daytime with the default to speed1. This morning I noticed the humidity was a little lower than I wanted, so I switched the recipe to default to OFF. Well, the exhaust turned off, then it wouldn't turn back on. The huimidity went up to 58%, and still the exhaust was not kicking on. I contacted @VIVOSUN support and they had me update the GrowHub firmware. It was pretty out-of-date (1.4.5) and upgraded to v2.0.8.

As soon as it upgraded everything started working as expected. I went ahead and updated the Playpen GrowHub too, even though it wasn't having an issue. If you have a GrowHub, check the firmware and upgrade if needed.

NOTE: If your firmware version needs updating, a red dot shows next to the version.

The res finally started crashing in pH this weekend, right on schedule. It happens every grow right around day# 35-40, as the PK uptake really takes off. I added a little pH up and gave them a good feeding. They'll probably just take water for the next week.

As for the grow, they're still looking fantastic. I didn't open the tent today, but here are some pics from the last couple of days. Have a great week!

Date: 1/18/22 Day# 40 of Flower
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
Weekly Temperatures

The Bud Factory is now controlled by the @VIVOSUN Smart Growing System! I've been running the VSF6450 on a GrowHub for a few weeks now, and yesterday afternoon I hooked up the 6" AeroZesh. My exhaust fan is mounted outside the tent, so it was really easy. I just replaced the old exhaust fan with the AeroZesh, plugged the AeroZesh into the GrowHub, then plugged it in.

I created a recipe for this grow. Since I'm starting the recipe in flower, I skipped the seedling and veg setup, and just set up the flower stage. For now, just the light (100% Flower 8a-8p) and the exhaust (auto 54%RH day 48%RH night).

I had an issue this morning. I initially set up the daytime with the default to speed1. This morning I noticed the humidity was a little lower than I wanted, so I switched the recipe to default to OFF. Well, the exhaust turned off, then it wouldn't turn back on. The huimidity went up to 58%, and still the exhaust was not kicking on. I contacted @VIVOSUN support and they had me update the GrowHub firmware. It was pretty out-of-date (1.4.5) and upgraded to v2.0.8.

As soon as it upgraded everything started working as expected. I went ahead and updated the Playpen GrowHub too, even though it wasn't having an issue. If you have a GrowHub, check the firmware and upgrade if needed.

NOTE: If your firmware version needs updating, a red dot shows next to the version.

The res finally started crashing in pH this weekend, right on schedule. It happens every grow right around day# 35-40, as the PK uptake really takes off. I added a little pH up and gave them a good feeding. They'll probably just take water for the next week.

As for the grow, they're still looking fantastic. I didn't open the tent today, but here are some pics from the last couple of days. Have a great week!

looking fab my friend,,,,they are mouth watering awesome dude

Date: 1/24/22 Day# 46 of Flower (W7D4)
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 90% 18-24" (45-60k lux)
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating fan
- Vivosun AeroWave E6 Clip-on oscillating fan
Weekly Temperatures

Another quiet week in the Bud Factory, which is perfect for mid to late flower. This tent transitioned over to the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System without missing a beat. I've been using the Vivosun app to step down the RH in the tent toward the end of flower. For the last couple of weeks, RH will be in the low 50s and high 40s. Here you can see the RH for the last month.

These ladies are drinking 2.5 gallons every day now. I fill the RDWC every other day, usually just water. At this point they'll probably take mostly water through the end. I'll keep the pH in the right range, but they should have all of the nutes they need to finish up.

Today I set the light to 90%. I'll step it down 5% every 5-7 days through the end of the grow. These buds are ready to mature and too much light is only going to cause more foxtailing and prolong flowering. I'm ready for these ladies to settle down into a nice fall, with slightly less light and lower temperatures. The VSF6450 is still putting off plenty of light at 90% for these buds to keep fattening up.

Can it really be near the end of week# 7 of flower? There are a lot more orange pistils in there, although still plenty of white ones. Some of the larger buds are starting to lean a bit, and the wiggle test shows me they're putting on some serious weight. The smell is increasing too, though it's hard to tell. We still haven't put a filter on, so the whole house reeks of fruity skunk. We can only really smell it when I come back into the house. Finally, the trichomes have been around for a while, but they are getting serious now. These ladies have a couple more weeks and they look like they're ready to finish up strong!

Fan-friggin-tastic BudMan!

Made me make up a word! :green_heart:

Fan-friggin-tastic BudMan!

Made me make up a word! :green_heart:
Thanks GDB. I'd be thrilled with what's in that tent now, and they still have a couple of weeks to fatten up:p

Back
Top Bottom