Healthy AF LKA! They'll repay you with all the defol by putting all the new growth up top where you want it. Love the drone shot at the end too. :thumb:

It's actually guttation (thanks @Amy Gardner!). "Guttation occurs when plants have a strong and vigorous root system creating a high degree or root pressure at night that forces large volumes of water up into the plant and out of the hydathodes."
I wanna' make my plants cry! 😪

That's a beautiful full and flat canopy. :thumb: GDB described it perfectly "Stellar".
Thanks Stinker. I'm really happy with it for as little work as I've had to put into it ;) I'm sure @Grand Daddy Black and his lazy meter would approve!
Healthy AF LKA! They'll repay you with all the defol by putting all the new growth up top where you want it. Love the drone shot at the end too. :thumb:
Thanks Shed. I'm trying to get most of the lower stuff before it starts to flower. I hate to trim flowers ;(
It's actually guttation (thanks @Amy Gardner!). "Guttation occurs when plants have a strong and vigorous root system creating a high degree or root pressure at night that forces large volumes of water up into the plant and out of the hydathodes."
Looking into it more, guttation can occur when the stomata close. I wonder if they were crying or sweating? When we defoliate all of the tent doors are open, so the RH goes from 65%ish down to 40%ish in a few minutes, and stays there for over 30 minutes. Could they just be drinking and respiring so heavily that, when the tent gets opened, they can't respire as well and guttation is the result?

True story: I hated the idea of a scrog net till I met you.

Just beautiful LKA

:)

LKA really makes it look easy, doesn't he? I've never considered using a net or RDWC but you really make them shine, @LKABudMan . :goodjob:

LKA really makes it look easy, doesn't he? I've never considered using a net or RDWC but you really make them shine, @LKABudMan . :goodjob:
Thanks Hashgirl. I'm copying @gwhunran because he makes it look so easy. And I have to admit, compared to other ways I've grown, a RDWC scrog, done like this, is just about as easy as it gets.

Date: 12/11/22 Day# 49 ** Day# 2 of Flower **
Strain: Skunk Special fem photo seeds x 4
Grow Space: The Bud Factory - Sponsored by VIVOSUN
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 80% 22" (45k LUX)
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- 6" exhaust fan w/ controller
- 4" booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- 12" floor fan + Oscillating tower fan
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
- Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump (14W 21L/min)
- Vivosun 2x4 Air Stones (x4)
Nutrients - Prescription Blend, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)

Yesterday was day# 48 in this RDWC res, almost 7 weeks without a change. After I drained the system completely, I used the hose to rinse off the roots and the buckets and drain it again. There was quite a bit of sediment, but not a lot of root particles and no slime or anything. Everything came pretty clean in the end, and I filled it up with fresh water. I added 10ml of pH Down to counter the carbonates in my well water.

The last grow, I noticed a slowdown in respiration and water uptake after a res change. My best guess it that the temperature of the water going in is too low. Yesterday I measured it, and the water fresh out of the hose was 59f/15c. That was down from around 72f/22c, quite a shock! Anticipating this, I had 2.5g of water boiled, and added that slowly once the res was filled. This bought it up to around 66f/19c, much better.

Then I added the Week#1 Flower schedule of Prescription Blend, along with some bennies (Hydroguard, Voodoo Juice, and Piranha). After letting it circulate for about 15 minutes, I measured the pH at 5.5. This is a bit low, so I added 2ml pH UP which bought it up to 5.7. This was a mistake. I should have known better, the pH always rises over the first 24 hours.

Today when I checked it was up to 6.4. I added 6ml of pH Down 2ml at a time. I'll check again tomorrow and keep adjusting into the 5.7-6.0 range.
Screenshot_20221211_141029.jpg

These ladies must have known it was time to get going, because after 12 days of transition everyone starting showing flowers yesterday.

The canopy is both fairly even and a mess. The front two are nearly identical, Sandy in the back left is stretching a bit more, and Speck in the back left is still not caught up. That said, the blanket of light put out by the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 is doing a great job of getting everyone plenty of light. I actually turned it down to 80% today, as the tops were up to 65k LUX. Now the tops are at 50k LUX with room to stretch.

Today I went down to check the res and maybe do some LST, and ended up hacking away at them again. There was still plenty of larf under the first net that was going nowhere. Almost everything is now removed from under the first net (except for Speck), and the second net is filling up quickly. We'll see how they stretch, but I may end up moving the light back up soon.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

I'm so glad I bought a ticket to this show! :green_heart:

Looking great in there and an excellent clean-up on aisle 3!
I had 2.5g of water boiled, and added that slowly once the res was filled. This bought it up to around 66f/19c, much better.
My nutes are outside and nights are in the mid 40s now, so I pour out 16oz from a gallon, microwave for 2 minutes, and pour it back in. Still on the cold side but it has to be less of a shock to the roots. 🧊

Date: 12/11/22 Day# 49 ** Day# 2 of Flower **
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
Nutrients - Prescription Blend, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7

Yesterday was day# 48 in this RDWC res, almost 7 weeks without a change. After I drained the system completely, I used the hose to rinse off the roots and the buckets and drain it again. There was quite a bit of sediment, but not a lot of root particles and no slime or anything. Everything came pretty clean in the end, and I filled it up with fresh water. I added 10ml of pH Down to counter the carbonates in my well water.

The last grow, I noticed a slowdown in respiration and water uptake after a res change. My best guess it that the temperature of the water going in is too low. Yesterday I measured it, and the water fresh out of the hose was 59f/15c. That was down from around 72f/22c, quite a shock! Anticipating this, I had 2.5g of water boiled, and added that slowly once the res was filled. This bought it up to around 66f/19c, much better.

Then I added the Week#1 Flower schedule of Prescription Blend, along with some bennies (Hydroguard, Voodoo Juice, and Piranha). After letting it circulate for about 15 minutes, I measured the pH at 5.5. This is a bit low, so I added 2ml pH UP which bought it up to 5.7. This was a mistake. I should have known better, the pH always rises over the first 24 hours.

Today when I checked it was up to 6.4. I added 6ml of pH Down 2ml at a time. I'll check again tomorrow and keep adjusting into the 5.7-6.0 range.
Screenshot_20221211_141029.jpg

These ladies must have known it was time to get going, because after 12 days of transition everyone starting showing flowers yesterday.

The canopy is both fairly even and a mess. The front two are nearly identical, Sandy in the back left is stretching a bit more, and Speck in the back left is still not caught up. That said, the blanket of light put out by the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 is doing a great job of getting everyone plenty of light. I actually turned it down to 80% today, as the tops were up to 65k LUX. Now the tops are at 50k LUX with room to stretch.

Today I went down to check the res and maybe do some LST, and ended up hacking away at them again. There was still plenty of larf under the first net that was going nowhere. Almost everything is now removed from under the first net (except for Speck), and the second net is filling up quickly. We'll see how they stretch, but I may end up moving the light back up soon.

Budman you are an inspiration man your garden is lush. That shade of green is wondrful. Hope your doing well yourself buddy

I'm so glad I bought a ticket to this show! :green_heart:
You're always welcome GDB... as long as you're not claiming half :rofl:
Looking great in there and an excellent clean-up on aisle 3!
Thanks Shed. Still one more big one to go, but it'll wait for a few weeks.
My nutes are outside and nights are in the mid 40s now, so I pour out 16oz from a gallon, microwave for 2 minutes, and pour it back in. Still on the cold side but it has to be less of a shock to the roots. 🧊
I didn't see any slowdown with these girls this time, so I think they appreciate it. For future reference, here's the respective ratio that I used to calculate how much hot water I'd need:

T-C : H-T, where C=Cold temp, H=Hot temp, and T=Target temp.

My cold water was around 60f, and I wanted it at least 68f. The hot was boiled, estimated around 200f by the time it went into the res.
So, 68-60 : 200-68 = 8:132 = 1:16.5. For, for every 16.5 gallons of cold water, I need 1 gallon of hot water. My res is 45g, so 45 / 16.5 = 2.73 gallons of hot water was needed. Math is FUN!
Budman you are an inspiration man your garden is lush. That shade of green is wondrful. Hope your doing well yourself buddy
Thanks GF, I'm doing great. They are a lovely shade of green and nearly flawless (if you don't look underneath where the fan blows). I'm keeping a close eye on them as I switch over to their flowering nutes (Prescription Blend). So far they haven't missed a beat!

You're always welcome GDB... as long as you're not claiming half :rofl:

Thanks Shed. Still one more big one to go, but it'll wait for a few weeks.

I didn't see any slowdown with these girls this time, so I think they appreciate it. For future reference, here's the respective ratio that I used to calculate how much hot water I'd need:

T-C : H-T, where C=Cold temp, H=Hot temp, and T=Target temp.

My cold water was around 60f, and I wanted it at least 68f. The hot was boiled, estimated around 200f by the time it went into the res.
So, 68-60 : 200-68 = 8:132 = 1:16.5. For, for every 16.5 gallons of cold water, I need 1 gallon of hot water. My res is 45g, so 45 / 16.5 = 2.73 gallons of hot water was needed. Math is FUN!

Thanks GF, I'm doing great. They are a lovely shade of green and nearly flawless (if you don't look underneath where the fan blows). I'm keeping a close eye on them as I switch over to their flowering nutes (Prescription Blend). So far they haven't missed a beat!
Keep going strong man 😁

Date: 12/13/22 Day# 4 of Flower
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
Nutrients - Prescription Blend Week# 1 Flower, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7

I tried to kill my plants last night. For some reason, I got it into my head that they didn't get the 'Big Data' part of their nutrients. So I added 4ml/G of Big Data (192ml). Luckily about 10 minutes later I found proof that I had already given it. That means I doubled up on the Big Data, which is mostly PK. The PB feed schedule calls for 4ml/G to start flower ramping up to 6ml/G in week# 3. I had just given them 8ml/G in week# 1. Knowing I'd caused an imbalance in the res, I had two options:

1. Wait to see if it caused any issues
2. Change the res... again

With visions of waking up to fried plants, I bit the bullet and changed the res again last night. Since I had just done it two days ago, it was fresh in my mind so I finished in about an hour. I got the temperature perfect, didn't put in the pH up, and generally fixed the mistakes I made last time. Unfortunately I had to waste 45g of nutes ;( Hopefully I learned my lesson and will be sure before adding anything to the res.

Luckily these ladies didn't even notice. Everyone is looking fantastic with their new flowers and haven't missed a beat moving over to Prescription Blend. Sandy may be a slightly different pheno, got defoliated more than the others, or possibly just started her stretch a little earlier than the others. She started stretching above the net a couple of days ago. Suzy is really popping up now too, and the others are right behind. Right now the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 is at 80% about 24" away, spreading about 45k LUX across the canopy. At this point, it may be time to raise the light and put it to 100%. These ladies will appreciate the added heat in the tent, and the intensity should be better for a canopy that's not quite even.

I'll keep a close eye on them over the next few days, but right now they're looking very happy. I'd really like to keep them that way... for about 8 more weeks ;)

Beautiful Budman!

Speck is doing her best but she's in there with some girls that couldn't care less about equity! :)

Beautiful Budman!

Speck is doing her best but she's in there with some girls that could couldn't care less about equity! :)
Thanks GDB. Hopefully she'll stake out her spot before the others crowd her out completely ;)

:thumb: as always bro
Thanks Dust. I'm hoping these Prescription Blend nutes work as well in hydro as they did for me in soil.

The levelness of that sea flowers is just amazeballs!

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸
Thanks Trala luckily the front two plants leveled themselves off. The back two are a mess, though.

Back
Top Bottom