Date: 12/15/22 Day# 6 of Flower
Strain: Skunk Special fem photo seeds x 4
Grow Space: The Bud Factory - Sponsored by VIVOSUN
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 100% 30" (45k LUX)
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- 6" exhaust fan w/ controller
- 4" booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- 12" floor fan + Oscillating tower fan
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
- Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump (14W 21L/min)
- Vivosun 2x4 Air Stones (x4)
Nutrients - Prescription Blend Week# 1 Flower, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)
Weekly Temperatures
Screenshot_20221215_120204.jpg

It's getting cold outside in Virginia and this is only the start. Colder weather is on it's way, with ice and snow along with it. We keep the house pretty cold in the winter. Right now it's 57f upstairs, 65f on the main floor, and a balmy 70f in the basement. The tents and dehumidifier keep it warmer down there, which is almost perfect for the tents. I'm keeping the humidity up around 65% for the stretch, trying to keep these skunks in the perfect VDP for growing.

So far it looks like everyone loves their Prescription Blend flowering nutes. The full-strength week#1 blend is about 1050ppm (2.1 EC), so I'll try to keep the res around there for now. As the feedings change through the weeks, I'll measure the full-stregnth feeding and try to keep the res in the same range by adding water when it gets too high, or nutes when it gets too low. I'm still tinkering around with the pH, slowly adding some pH down daily to bring it into the 5.8-6.0 range. In a couple of weeks these ladies will start consuming more P&K than N and the pH will start dropping on it's own.
Screenshot_20221215_124432.jpg

These skunks are taking off! Sandy, in the back left, is stretching like crazy and the rest are right behind. In the past few days I've had to turn the light down to 80%, then 60% to keep the LUX < 45k. It's great that it saves energy, but I need the heat in the tent for now. I think in the past I've turned the light up too quickly in flower, though, limiting stretch and flower building. So last night I moved the light all the way to the top of the tent and put it back to 100%. That puts it about 30" away, averaging 40-45K LUX, 750-780 PPFD, and around 30-35DLI. It also gives these ladies plenty of room to stretch. I raised the second net a couple of inches, too.

I also moved the @VIVOSUN AeroWave because it was right above Speck, and she needs all the light she can get right now. Finally, I hooked up a @VIVOSUN GrowHub to my VSF6450. I had tried to hook this up in the past but couldn't get it to work. I decided to play around with it last night, and still couldn't get the GrowHub to control the light. Finally I noticed the switch on the dimmer:

Duh! You need to turn the light to EXT/OFF for the Growhub to control it. As soon as I did, the GrowHub started working great. I was able to add a new 'Garden' to my Vivosun App. Now I can schedule the light and change the spectrum and intensity right from the app. Now I just need another AeroZesh for this tent and I'll have my own Smart Grow System with a 650W LED :)

I'm still bending over the tallest branches and may supercrop a bit on the next few days. I'm not too worried about keeping the canopy even, though, as everyone's getting plenty of light to thrive. It definitely doesn't look like they're complaining ;)

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

This grow is super-impressive Budman! That first pic was jaw-dropping. I thought about trying to count the flowers but then said, "Nah!" :)

It sounds like @VIVOSUN is on the cutting edge of development for us tent growers, offering lots of gizmos to help make things easier!

This grow is super-impressive Budman! That first pic was jaw-dropping. I thought about trying to count the flowers but then said, "Nah!" :)

It sounds like @VIVOSUN is on the cutting edge of development for us tent growers, offering lots of gizmos to help make things easier!
Thanks GDB. I love the idea of controlling the whole tent environment from one app. Even better, controlling multiple tents from one app. I now have two 'gardens' in my @VIVOSUN app :)
Screenshot_20221215_142641.jpg

Date: 12/19/22 Day# 10 of Flower
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 100% 26" (45k LUX)
Nutrients - Prescription Blend Week# 2 Flower, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7

I bumped the skunks up to flowering week# 2 of the PB schedule yesterday. Since the 'big data' goes from 4ml/G to 5ml/G, I added 1ml/G (45ml total) with the feeding yesterday. I'll do the same when they go from 5ml/G to 6 ml/G. When they go back down, I'll have to do a res change.
Screenshot 2022-12-19 124836.jpg

These skunks are full into the flowering stretch now and I'm letting them do their thing. There's only a few inches difference for most of the buds and they're all getting plenty of light from the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 at 100%. I moved the back grate up about a foot this morning to keep the plants clear of the airpump. They're getting really bushy in there, but for now I'm gonna leave them alone and let them stretch. I'll clean them up in a week or two when they're all done stretching.

Date: 12/19/22 Day# 10 of Flower
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 100% 26" (45k LUX)
Nutrients - Prescription Blend Week# 2 Flower, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7

I bumped the skunks up to flowering week# 2 of the PB schedule yesterday. Since the 'big data' goes from 4ml/G to 5ml/G, I added 1ml/G (45ml total) with the feeding yesterday. I'll do the same when they go from 5ml/G to 6 ml/G. When they go back down, I'll have to do a res change.
Screenshot 2022-12-19 124836.jpg

These skunks are full into the flowering stretch now and I'm letting them do their thing. There's only a few inches difference for most of the buds and they're all getting plenty of light from the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 at 100%. I moved the back grate up about a foot this morning to keep the plants clear of the airpump. They're getting really bushy in there, but for now I'm gonna leave them alone and let them stretch. I'll clean them up in a week or two when they're all done stretching.

Wow. That’s a full tent ⛺

Was about to post on my thread about possibly doing a scrog net. Yours looks out of this world.

Never used one before but looking at how my grow may go think I’m going to need it

Any pointers on when to start/pre-training that I may need to do?

Was about to post on my thread about possibly doing a scrog net. Yours looks out of this world.

Never used one before but looking at how my grow may go think I’m going to need it

Any pointers on when to start/pre-training that I may need to do?
Thanks Amos. I was inspired by @gwhunran for this scrog. I topped them above the 4th node, then put the first net 7-8" above the buckets. As the plants grew into the net, I just kept pushing everything to the outside.

When the first net was 3/4 full I flipped to flower. The second net is to help with spacing the buds, and to help fold them up later in flower.

Of course, all this if for RDWC/hydro. In soil I would wait until the net is 90% full before flipping. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Date: 12/21/22 Day# 12 of Flower
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 100% 24" (47k LUX)

The move to @Prescription Blend is going fantastic. I love that I can go to 100% of their schedule and the plants LOVE it. No burning and fantastic growth.

A few day-old pictures from day# 12 of flower. Everyone is building and stretching up to the @VIVOSUN VSF6450. And it looks like they're already starting to put on their sunblock ;)

WOW! What a ride, very enjoyable with the top down. Thank you for the tag, you have sold me on Vivosun, I was in with them but now you have definitely made me want to buy stock in Vivosun. :passitleft:
Thanks @WenworG . I'm having a blast with this grow and really learning what this @VIVOSUN VSF6450 can do!

Thanks GDB. I just noticed today... Speck has finally made it up to the second net. You can barely see her in that back corner ;)
Wonderful! She's getting pushed around but she's pushing back! :Rasta:

Wonderful! She's getting pushed around but she's pushing back! :Rasta:
At this point I've given up hope that she'll catch the others. She's doing great and has made it all the way up to the second net. Her sisters, though:thedoubletake:

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you're having a fantastic day!

Merry Christmas to you @LKABudMan.

I hope you and Team BudMan have a wonderful holiday season! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom