Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

i agree slowpuffer and thats alot of time under the wheel and growing the goodies , i am going to try my hand with some LST and nuks i have never heard of maybe >> outside w/O greenhouse as Blew and others have is a diff. story .. let the fucking rain set in for a week or more when your ready to harvest ^^^
That's where container growing shines ? I just run them into shed when it rains or heavy winds or frost. I will never again plant in the ground. I went today to buy coast of Maine platinum mix and that shit is to expensive for my budget. Would be $190 to fill 4, 15 gal. pots. So now i don't know what I'll do. We're retired , living on a fixed income. I didn't want to put them into topsoil And compost, because I know the results would be much improved with the super soil.

That's where container growing shines ? I just run them into shed when it rains or heavy winds or frost. I will never again plant in the ground. I went today to buy coast of Maine platinum mix and that shit is to expensive for my budget. Would be $190 to fill 4, 15 gal. pots. So now i don't know what I'll do. We're retired , living on a fixed income. I didn't want to put them into topsoil And compost, because I know the results would be much improved with the super soil.
I mentioned the Coast of Maine Stonington Mix a few pages back...it would have cost me $700 to fill my pots...

This won't provide you with an immediate solution, but long term you should consider vermicomposting. All you need is a couple of containers (with lids) and some old soil/dirt and you feed them your food scraps (veggie peels, egg shells, coffee grounds, etc). The worms breakdown the food and add their castings (poop) to the mix. The whole end products is vermicompost (VC) as opposed to just the worm castings that they sell in bags. VC is 50% of my soil and the remaining amendments are for aeration, water retention, and minerals (coir, perlite, greensand, vermiculite, rock dust).

GH Update:

Chicks got moved out to their pen at the Farm, so the Blueberry took over the stadium seating position...she is BIG and bushy....(I tossed a 5-gallon bucket in for scale)....scary that I have 6-8 more weeks of veg on her....

ATF...equally scary and big in the opposite corner of the GH...

DTF...ditto..center of the GH

Kushberry...catching up nicely...she looks small next to the others but she is 40" across....

Carnival....might have an issue with her...she is already 55" tall from soil...tied her back a little and may have to come up with a scrog system in the coming week or two.

CBD Cheese and Cream ...growing fast..she will be a monster in a few weeks...

Autos clicking along (GSC, DDA, Auto Cheese, Sweet Coffee, OG Kush Rolex, Skunk #1, Brooklyn Sunrise, XXL Cheese)

2x Stankberries clicking along...hoping I can verify sex soon so I can slap them in their respective 30/45 gallon pots.

One of millions of Forest Tent Caterpillars that overran our property (and the surrounding 2 square miles. Oaks in our area are completely denuded...luckily they don't like cannabis leaves!).

Lookin' awesome!

Those stankberrys look great!how old are they? (The little ones) the big ones, are beautiful your killing it

That is a good thing they don't like the meds. our caterpillars round here are like the tobacco horn worm, they can eat a vegie. plant in one day!
I pulled about 300 of these from the GH in the last week...they were falling in from the cracks in the venting...it was my first zombie experience...there were just so many and they all are programmed to "climb"...there are millions in the tree in clusters and they they just decimate the leaves...my driveway looks like someone just mowed my lawn...and I don't have a lawn...it is all the scraps fallen from the trees above. Old timers here are scratching their heads..."haven't seen anything like this in 50 years"...

Using a hose with a jet spray will knock them off the trees - even high ones. Once on the ground multiple ways to dispatch them.

Wonder how caterpillar poo works as a fertilizer? I have lots haha

full

Blueberry
The main stem is deliciously thick. looking wicked good.:surf:

Using a hose with a jet spray will knock them off the trees - even high ones. Once on the ground multiple ways to dispatch them. Wonder how caterpillar poo works as a fertilizer? I have lots haha

They are surprisingly hard to scrape off oaks (because of the bark texture) but there were millions as far as the eye could see up in the trees...resistance is futile...thank goodness for screens!

Wow! What a welcome, awesome that you said Hi! What a homestead you got there, and epic Green house! Im very happy to hear about that statute there they made up :) maybe 5 years europe shall also lol and finally 10 years from now, the last ones, England!

wtf? That sounds almost worse than zombie caterpillars!
Gets them around the start of July.... and they are like termites, eats wood. Had a battle in the attic first year, they are fu@kers, they build main nest and then make satellite nest. Soon be time to arm myself up

Gets them around the start of July.... and they are like termites, eats wood. Had a battle in the attic first year, they are fu@kers, they build main nest and then make satellite nest. Soon be time to arm myself up
W.T.F. o_O

Back
Top Bottom