Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

I'm more interested in how they turn out when smoked. I don't have 12 hours a day to be high. I'm really interested in the oil these could make being naturally decarbed. I'll find out soon enough what kind of terpene retention is there. I plan on testing a carnival cob when I deem it done. We'll be able to see how much thca vs thc is present as well. I do think some strains will be better than others with this method. I passed on cobbing my indicas just because I like the effect from them and I didn't want to "waste" it if it wasn't meant to be cobbed. I will try a cob of GDP this time though just to see since I will have an abundance of it here soon. These definitely get more potent as they age and think the 3 month mark could be special.

Whew! I really need to stop here more often. Those Gorilla Glues do ooze essential oils, don’t they?

@Graytail, I see where that top came from. You stopped me in my tracks in the gallery when you loaded it in. Lol!

Lots of delicious talk going on over here. You guys toss around names I’ve never heard of, and they all sound tempting. Too little space to flower dammit!

Good luck with the ACE genetics Neiko. This’ll be fun to watch.

I am one who needs more pain help than head help, that is up for debate though lol... Any way I have always hated edibles as useless buzzless junk... But the few recipes I have tried on here have pretty much done what they say they do.... I would like to get to more edibles for a regiment, as I dont really smoke that much anymore... It is an incredible plant with endless possibilities.. I would like a brownie for breakfast or smoothie really, that is more heady and not the couchlock evening edible... so as to be able to function all day... Anyway just my pocket change on the subject... Green Days man.. and all

My keeper Tikal had those 2 terps as the main chemicals in it's profile as well. Maybe that's why I liked it so much. Durban is another that's high in terpinolene. I look for strains that have low to nil Myrcene, I tend to like those best. It's rare to find high testing terps without Myrcene as it's main. Bubba Hash has very little to nil in it. Pinene is that one's main terp. 707 truthband is another that broke 2% with Limonene as it's main and very little Myrcene. Clementine has the highest terps I've tested but of the 2.67, 1.96 is Myrcene.
You acheive all this with that doc buds high brix blend?

I am one who needs more pain help than head help, that is up for debate though lol... Any way I have always hated edibles as useless buzzless junk... But the few recipes I have tried on here have pretty much done what they say they do.... I would like to get to more edibles for a regiment, as I dont really smoke that much anymore... It is an incredible plant with endless possibilities.. I would like a brownie for breakfast or smoothie really, that is more heady and not the couchlock evening edible... so as to be able to function all day... Anyway just my pocket change on the subject... Green Days man.. and all

The problem with edibles is when you decarb the flower you are stripping the terpenes away. The terps in combination with the cannabinoids is what gives each strain it's uniqueness. It doesn't matter what strain I use for edibles they all feel the same. This is another reason I like the idea of cobs, they seem to retain the terpenes as a natural decarb occurs. The cobs chewed definitely have a strain dependent buzz.

Yes sir! It really brings out the plants genetic potential.
Yer I see a few people around here getting nice results. From my research it seems pretty easy to use aswell. Zero guess work. Definitely gonna be worth a purchase in the near future. Quickly though do you HAVE to use their reccomended soil? From what Ive seen my biobizz allmix wouldnt be a bad alternative.

Yer I see a few people around here getting nice results. From my research it seems pretty easy to use aswell. Zero guess work. Definitely gonna be worth a purchase in the near future. Quickly though do you HAVE to use their reccomended soil? From what Ive seen my biobizz allmix wouldnt be a bad alternative.
Doc had several mediums tested and the only 2 he recommends is ProMix HP or BX and Sunshine Mix #4. Doc sells the amendment that goes into those 2 mediums. You have to purchase the ProMix and earthworm castings and mix the amendment and EWC with the medium, water it in with 4-5 gallons of water then let that "cook" in a trash can or a couple 25 gallon totes for a minimum of 30 days at temps above 68 degress and below 85 degrees.

Hi gang,

Can you folks experimenting with cobs elaborate on the prep before smoking?

Is the piece of cob easy to grind or gooey?

I always enjoy grinding my bud before lighting up, to get that rich terp profile evenly distributed on the palate.

I let my test piece of cob dry out for at least a couple hours if not overnight then I grind it and it grinds up nice. It burns a little slower with perfect white ash. It a pure joy to smoke. They get noticeably better at the 4th week of the cure. I imagine they just get better from there.

I let my test piece of cob dry out for at least a couple hours if not overnight then I grind it and it grinds up nice. It burns a little slower with perfect white ash. It a pure joy to smoke. They get noticeably better at the 4th week of the cure. I imagine they just get better from there.
Cheers for the info. Think Ill go with the sunshine#4 purely on price lol. Im interested in cobbing aswell. Exactly how does it change the smoke. Is it stronger? Or just a different flavour and effect?

Cheers for the info. Think Ill go with the sunshine#4 purely on price lol. Im interested in cobbing aswell. Exactly how does it change the smoke. Is it stronger? Or just a different flavour and effect?
I'm still in the learning phase. I have 3 strains cobbed and the oldest is at 5 weeks cure. It is stronger and more intense. The flavor has changed from the cured flowers. It's a little more subdued but in some ways fuller. The taste gets stronger now every week it cures. The change in potency caught us off guard at week 4. I smoked some last night and was ripped on 2 bong hits. I ground up about .5 grams and it lasted me and the wife all evening. She only took 2 hits all night. It's definitely worth trying even if you don't plan on chewing them. I prefer smoking them at this point. I suspect the trippy LSD type buzzes will come from the pure sativas. I'm hoping for great things from my Malawi x Panama cobs. They just started the cure phase yesterday.

I'm still in the learning phase. I have 3 strains cobbed and the oldest is at 5 weeks cure. It is stronger and more intense. The flavor has changed from the cured flowers. It's a little more subdued but in some ways fuller. The taste gets stronger now every week it cures. The change in potency caught us off guard at week 4. I smoked some last night and was ripped on 2 bong hits. I ground up about .5 grams and it lasted me and the wife all evening. She only took 2 hits all night. It's definitely worth trying even if you don't plan on chewing them. I prefer smoking them at this point. I suspect the trippy LSD type buzzes will come from the pure sativas. I'm hoping for great things from my Malawi x Panama cobs. They just started the cure phase yesterday.
That sounds awesome. Again definitely gonna give it a try. Sooo much to do though bro! Its madness. I feel like a kid in a sweet shop. When you throw someone with a creative mind the amount of information that is on this forum it makes for sleepless nights for bilbo lol. Laying in bed, head swimming "ooo thats a good idea, oh I gotta give that a try, but I was gonna do this first so thatll have to wait for a couple months.. but I dont wanna wait.. okay lets build another room" and so on and so forth lol.

That sounds awesome. Again definitely gonna give it a try. Sooo much to do though bro! Its madness. I feel like a kid in a sweet shop. When you throw someone with a creative mind the amount of information that is on this forum it makes for sleepless nights for bilbo lol. Laying in bed, head swimming "ooo thats a good idea, oh I gotta give that a try, but I was gonna do this first so thatll have to wait for a couple months.. but I dont wanna wait.. okay lets build another room" and so on and so forth lol.
:rofl: Yep, I've been there!

Hey Neiko, do you have any experience with Ace seeds ErdPurt? I got some freebies and just read about it being best suited for adverse northern outdoor growing... which is great for me, but it warned against trying indoors, as results varied. It states if you try indoors to use a 20/4 veg photo period, give mothers plenty of room for root growth, and no guarantees. I wonder what the issues are?

It’s a 100% indica hybrid, with high CBD, and moderate to low THC.

Back
Top Bottom