Nick Serious - DYNOMYCO 2023 - Solo Cup Challenge

Post #21/42.0

First half complete. 26 Days and 21 Posts to go.

Only posting today because the changes yesterday feel like they brought immediate rewards to the Indy’s - they look 2-3 days away from a flip now. Can go up stairs with their sisters.

The Strawberry, photo is after lights out. Gonna chop tomorrow. She also seems to have gone into full bloom mode going to move her under higher lights after her trim tomorrow. Scared. I don’t defoliate! That’s & Co’s realm. I never wrote about my topping experience because I got mega stoned before I plucked up the courage and then did it in the dark like an Ortolan eating thing.

They’re gonna be cool plants. No need to harvest on June 4th for the @DYNOMYCO challenge - I’ll get them as far along as I can in that time but they’ll stay in Solos until harvest. Very emotionally invested in these ones, which is lovely.

(The mother plants in the background need a blast of something nice! That’s & Co’s mother/clone tent - she ain’t perfect! 🤣)

My account must have been hacked - I didn’t type that, honest honey 😆

Nick

they’ll stay in Solos until harvest
Impressive! Have you seen Cola Monster's solo cup grow? He has a sea of green in there (I think that is what a SOG is???). Watering is somewhat of a chore lol.

Impressive! Have you seen Cola Monster's solo cup grow? He has a sea of green in there (I think that is what a SOG is???). Watering is somewhat of a chore lol.
Post 22/42.0

Yep be hanging out there a bit. Trunks like Oak trees in Solos! Very nice.

Defoliated. Stressed me. Did I go too far or not enough?

Time and & Co will tell!

IMG_2756.jpeg

Nick

Post #23/42

Wouldn’t be fair not to cover the twisted sisters.
Yeah very pleased. 21 Day flip to veg would be Friday. Think that’ll be it.

They looking happy as. Choppity chop chop!

Btw the etymology of he expression of “chop chop” as in “go faster” has a partly Hong Kong reference - but not what people think.

At a sort of bring your own dinner party where I was the only non financial professional (I was actually retired, well I was 32 living in rhe most expensive city in the world. 12 years later I’m working 8 jobs. Living somewhere cheaper 😆

Anyway these banking millenials as I was hurrying them along and giving them plates to dish up on (sold a restaurant biz to retire on) I said, “Chop chop! Get the food on plates!”
Two of them said you, “You can’t say ‘chop chop’ we’re in HK and that’s racist”
Its not. Its the sound the waves make slapping against the hull of a wooden clipper boat (that traded with Hk - Cutty Sark for example) of a quickening wind and fast passage, typically on a point of sail known as a reach.

A “reach” being any hopes of my harvesting anything before June 4th 😆

Reckon I’m gonna have some pretty plants by then though!

& Co’s Mother plants look pretty in an Autumn/Fall kinda look 😂

Specified a new mix of nutes for her. Sure they’ll be fine in 48 hours.

Nick

Post #24/42

Running out of posts quicker than days at the moment but stuff going on.

Strawberry - 3 Weeks Flower and the buds are coming. Lights went up a bit today. Bigger move for her sisters behind and cousins in the corner. We’re swapping them as the Indy Cousins are closest to chop. Its an after lights out shot which is a shame because she bounced back so strong this morning (hence light raising!) though her sisters won’t have minded it. They need a rest after some nute burn (that left this one unharmed) just a subset of strawberries. Rest unharmed.

I have a bigger question about SIPs and Coco. I think its possibly, fundamentally a mistake if using liquid nutes. This is because I need to Ph the nutes. As soon as its in the res and time passes the minerals aren’t gone. The Ph Down just temporarily reduces it to feed to hydro/coco. I assume DWP has the constant dose Ph machines?

For this little SIP - whatever. Its an 80ml Res and she’s taking nearly double at the moment per day. Not the easy watering regime they’re designed for! 🤣

For the Twisted Sisters Day #21 Veg. Not quite there for flip yet. They’re thirsty though.

They were under a 480w on 50% at about 10” on the edge.

I moved them into the clone tent at 12” in the middle on 75%. Tomorrow morning I’ll flip it up to 100% (I raised the light to the max for the clones which are actually spare anyway. The light went about 2 feet for them to balance it. So salted for the flip and 730w at 100% and 8” and mucho gasos!

My coco girls need play catch up!

EDIT maxed the light an hour before off. Now trying to remember if its on a timer or 24/7

Nick

Post #25/42.0

Flipped. So the Twisted Sisters are now in darkness post 8pm. Tomorrow will be Day #1 Flower for them and Day #23 of Flower for the SIP. Surely an insurmountable challenge!

My opportunities to improve the lot of one or the other are basically over. Same spot, same room, same nutes now. Different strains though so its not entirely fair. The Indy’s should finish quicker - though in the main grow we’re not seeing it (Check out the Perpetual Graduation Journal for where they’re at, 7 weeks flower today)

All three plants look good and healthy. & Co not touched them. Seems like I have studied well and got a good dose of beginners luck so far!

Nick

Post #26/42.0

Day #4 Flower Twisted Sisters
Day #27 Flower Strawberry

Need a day or two and I’ll top the Sisters, in flower I know - reckon it will stunt them a bit because that’s what I think has happened with the strawberry, but you can’t say it hurt her with trunk like that and four main colas looking to bloom.

Sisters - I think I was underwatering. Making sure twice a day now I get run off.

Solo SIP - she’s taking 2+ resevoirs a day. Only 80ml but still. Very healthy.

Because they need frequent feeding I’ve been Ph Downing the main flower tank mid morning but to lower than we normally go. 5.7 say. I feed them that. By early evening its up to 5.8 for the main grow. By the time I give them a second feed out the cup I leave with the big 100ml syringes its likely up to Ph 6.0-6.1 so they are getting a range through the day which seems fun.

They don’t seem to mind. The Sisters had some stall early on as they suddenly got smashed with big lights and gas - possible underwatering due to run off from the side where a hole was a fraction too big. But now they are on the needle they are perky perky.

15 days to go. 16 posts to show. Def have some buds by then off the Strawberry. The Indy’s dunno, very unlikely!

16 posts and 15 days to go in the @DYNOMYCO Solo Cup Challenge!

<place holder for photos within 420 minutes>
<photos added>

Nick

Because they need frequent feeding I’ve been Ph Downing the main flower tank mid morning but to lower than we normally go. 5.7 say. I feed them that. By early evening its up to 5.8 for the main grow. By the time I give them a second feed out the cup I leave with the big 100ml syringes its likely up to Ph 6.0-6.1 so they are getting a range through the day which seems fun.
Do you have a chart for that?

Do you have a chart for that?

I don’t, 😅. But I did add the the photos.

And if you look closely you can see that in the absence of a chart I feel it in my finger’s, I feeel it my toes…

Probably put that particular link in OT 😂

Nick

Post 27/42

Day #5 and Day #28 Flower

Best value piece of grow kit ever!

Thank you thank you thank you!

No mate. They're called plant bends or bendz. Made for this purpose.

@VetSmoke85 thank you so much!

These are like the best things I ever bought for growing. Well 100% best thing per $!

I was squealing like a kid as I tried them out and then yelled, screamed nay, like a school girl!
“Come hither my wife! And behold the wonder of Vet’s clips!”

Having been resuscitated after she knocked me out for speaking to her like that I showed the both out and/or options of them most on my Strawberry Solo SIP

They are what I’ve been looking for - for her grow (the more commercial one they are bang out perfect.

Within 2 seconds (to be fair it might have been 20 minutes - she knocked me out, remember?) she said, “we can bend out with one clop then after bend up keep in the square for pot and watering system. More easy chop leaf for take out. How much these cost, very good!”
- 10c babe.
She actually laughed. She gets how good and simple and useful. And cheap and useful these are. Cheers Vet, really made our evening. Got distracted but this has been the post I wanted to make all day.

Loving the solos. But loving I sae something in someone elses grow that piqued my interest and is just hands down perfect for us. She mocked me for being too excited. Then she saw. She pretended, “like ain’t no thing” then eventuslly dtarted touching snd plsyind correcting my application of the bend thingys.

Then saw I was watching her and laughed. And said,

“Ok these ones I not mind you buy”

I could but her a Rolls Royce and honestly - she would’n’t be do thsnkful 🤣

Nick and Giggly & Co

Post 27/42

Day #5 and Day #28 Flower

Best value piece of grow kit ever!

Thank you thank you thank you!

@VetSmoke85 thank you so much!

These are like the best things I ever bought for growing. Well 100% best thing per $!

I was squealing like a kid as I tried them out and then yelled, screamed nay, like a school girl!
“Come hither my wife! And behold the wonder of Vet’s clips!”

Having been resuscitated after she knocked me out for speaking to her like that I showed the both out and/or options of them most on my Strawberry Solo SIP

They are what I’ve been looking for - for her grow (the more commercial one they are bang out perfect.

Within 2 seconds (to be fair it might have been 20 minutes - she knocked me out, remember?) she said, “we can bend out with one clop then after bend up keep in the square for pot and watering system. More easy chop leaf for take out. How much these cost, very good!”
- 10c babe.
She actually laughed. She gets how good and simple and useful. And cheap and useful these are. Cheers Vet, really made our evening. Got distracted but this has been the post I wanted to make all day.

Loving the solos. But loving I sae something in someone elses grow that piqued my interest and is just hands down perfect for us. She mocked me for being too excited. Then she saw. She pretended, “like ain’t no thing” then eventuslly dtarted touching snd plsyind correcting my application of the bend thingys.

Then saw I was watching her and laughed. And said,

“Ok these ones I not mind you buy”

I could but her a Rolls Royce and honestly - she would’n’t be do thsnkful 🤣

Nick and Giggly & Co

Ha ha! Mate, that's made my night. Brilliant.

I've been thinking about a little solo plant art project using those. I just need to think of the shape I want to create. Get weird with it. 🤣

#1 Honesty I buy plenty crap to experiment with. & Co rolls her eyes mostly. 🤣 actually always.

Sometimes after a week or two she says, something like, “this thingy xyz very good. I tell you long time need buy something for do this job correct”

That’s a win fir me! 😂

#2 She couldn't stop herself seeing me put a couple of clips on! She just saw how perfect they were and started trying to train my MY! Plants 🤣

I then said, “hmmm I waste our money again?”

“Shut up babe! You know you fo
Good. Not talk about it any more”

Then she started laughing as she played with them.

So Vet, Sir? 🙏🏼 thank you awesome product and I got a point off my wife in our (hopefully!) endless competition 😂

So much joy was brung with some bits of plastic!

Nick

Post #28/42

Yeah some mad purple on one of the Twisted Sisters. I mean aesthetically everyone loves the purp with their terps?

To coin a phrase. But - its early. 40 days old. 5 days in flower. A bit worried as although a purple pheno leaning strain its early early to present that

So over in @Bill284 ’s purple pictures thread he said “What’s the temp diff through the day?”

I said,

- uh we’re juust dialling the environment back this week as that main grow is nearly there for chop. So been extreme the last 5 days since she went in there. 15-30c average 24 but that swing is a huge delta//change even the gas in the room.

Thanks Bill! Nailed it first time out I think - but that’s useful to know too you want the purps!

Strawberry SIP update Sunday!

Nick

IMG_3104.jpeg
IMG_3102.jpeg
IMG_3100.jpeg
IMG_3107.jpeg

Post #28/42

Yeah some mad purple on one of the Twisted Sisters. I mean aesthetically everyone loves the purp with their terps?

To coin a phrase. But - its early. 40 days old. 5 days in flower. A bit worried as although a purple pheno leaning strain its early early to present that

So over in @Bill284 ’s purple pictures thread he said “What’s the temp diff through the day?”

I said,

- uh we’re juust dialling the environment back this week as that main grow is nearly there for chop. So been extreme the last 5 days since she went in there. 15-30c average 24 but that swing is a huge delta//change even the gas in the room.

Thanks Bill! Nailed it first time out I think - but that’s useful to know too you want the purps!

Strawberry SIP update Sunday!

Nick

IMG_3104.jpeg
IMG_3102.jpeg
IMG_3100.jpeg
IMG_3107.jpeg
I'm just a friendly beginner.
Even a blind pig finds a truffle every now and then. :rofl: ;)
:passitleft:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom