Shottafire Getting All Brix With It - Featuring Doc's Kit!

Hey Shotta (everyone else too) Doc Posted this in my journal to a question I had, I quoted the question and his answer...I read it a couple times and the light bulb went on...

Doc, are you using the cationic drench as a replacement for energy after week 4?

Ps
No.

Here's an email I got from the lab. This isn't a direct answer to your question, but the answers you seek are contained therein in germ form......

NPK....all nitrogen is "N." It's all the same once the plant breaks it down, right?

Doc Bud,

"Wrong!" says Dr. Reams.

"Nitrogen can be growth energy or reproductive energy depending on molecular configuration."

When nitrogen is in the nitrate form it creates growth energy in plants and soil. Reproductive energy comes in the form of ammoniacal, urea, or organic nitrogen. This dual form of energy for nitrogen makes it the most confusing element to consider when looking at energy.

A basic principle to always remember is that plant growth is all about energy.

You create this energy by reacting growth energy against reproductive energy according to the crop being grown.

Let's take a few examples to clarify this concept. We had a wheat grower who decided to spray his wheat with a few gallons of liquid calcium nitrate. Unfortunately this resulted in a significant yield decline. Fortunately International Ag Labs did not suggest this. :) So what happened?

Liquid calcium nitrate is a double growth energy fertilizer. Both calcium and nitrogen in the nitrate form push plants and soils with growth energy. Regrettably the farmer sprayed his wheat just at the time the kernel count was being determined. The growth energy from the calcium nitrate pushed the wheat plants more toward growth energy and away from reproductive energy. What the plants really needed was a reproductive spray to increase kernel set.

Here is another example: A grower with a field of canning tomatoes sought to maximize his harvest of tomatoes all at picking time. To do this he kept his soil on the growth side longer by using growth energy products such as calcium nitrate and potassium nitrate. The result were large tomato plants and thick stalks but not a tomato anywhere. The canning company field rep was getting worried.

At the right time the farmer switched his soil from growth to reproductive and turned his field yellow with blossoms overnight. How did he do this? By using reproductive fertilizers and foliar sprays. These caused the soil and plants to switch from growth to reproductive. How can this be done? Simple - broadcast some ammonium sulfate, 11-52-0 or urea. Then spray the plants with a dilute reproductive spray made from household ammonia, phosphoric acid, vinegar etc. The broadcast switches the soil while the foliar spray switched the plants.

Once a large bunch of tomatoes were set and beginning to develop, the farmer switched back to growth energy dominance. Why? Because growth energy is also bulking energy. Now the farmer wanted to size up the tomatoes. By keeping growth energy dominant he was able to stop new blossoms from developing. What was the end result? A large harvest of tomatoes all ripening at nearly the same time.

Last example: You manage conventional turf. What nitrogen source should you use? The standard practice is to use urea. Urea is a 100% reproductive energy. Turf is a crop that needs growth energy dominance. This means urea is the exact opposite energy of what should be supplied. Organically managed turf using compost or some other organic nitrogen does the same thing. Too much reproductive energy. The answer is to use calcium nitrate.

So is nitrogen just nitrogen? No it is a very specific energy that can influence the soil/plant in the direction you wish.

Looking really great Shotta, looking forward to seeing them grow up all awesome for ya!

Thank you LA. I am looking forward to these 6 like it was my first grow all over again.
also my condolences to you sir for the loss. Keep your head up mate.

Looking very nice in there shottafire, and the before and after pics are a good addition!

Keep em' green!:thumb:

Thanks cannafan. I am gonna try and do a weekly update and at the end do a weekly time-lapse video.

So last night The Vietnam was up potted to the two gallon round pot. I like going from square to round pots it seems to work out better then going from square to square. I made one pint of transplant water and used a tbsp of root zone in the hole. 4ml per pint is the calculations I came up with. actually 3.75 but I went heavy and gave 4 lol. There was no signs of slowing down this morning when I peaked.

Oh and 1/2 oz per quart stress applied to clones a few days ago and they are looking great.

I was doing a video of my transplant and my battery died. will do a proper video soon.

I apologize Shotta, I meant to sub up to your new journal days ago. Things are looking good as usual. They have that lime green happy look to them. I am glad you are running 3 strains for the first round. It will give you a good idea about what 3 different plants will do in the kit. Plus I think they will all look very different, one of the benefits of the kit. I am excited to see what you can crank out!

Are you running GLR for veg?

Glad to have you steppen. I was going to do grape krush but didn't have any clones ready. I will be happy with what I chose I'm sure. The kit plants are so damn healthy looking. Gonna be fun. I need to stop by your journal this weekend for a look.

Not doing the glr thing yet. You?

Oh and apologies are not accepted here no offense is ever taken. cheers everyone.
have a good dankturday and dunkday dunkin donut lovers

Glad to have you steppen. I was going to do grape krush but didn't have any clones ready. I will be happy with what I chose I'm sure. The kit plants are so damn healthy looking. Gonna be fun. I need to stop by your journal this weekend for a look.

Not doing the glr thing yet. You?

Oh and apologies are not accepted here no offense is ever taken. cheers everyone.
have a good dankturday and dunkday dunkin donut lovers

Ha, I want me a Dunkin' Donut. Haven't had one of those in years. You'll have to bring a couple when you come to visit.

Things are looking really good here. I hope things are smoothing out for you.

Thanks for so much help getting my soil going. Big Reps to you.

Dude dunkin donuts were my favorite but you don't see too many of them anymore here on the west coast. If you go back east there is one or two every block it seems like.

No problem output I hope it works out well for you. I am always glad to help.

what up Shottafire!! sub'd:party:

great grow and start with the HB kit. i cant wait to see how your bubbas turn out!!:yummy:

my comes in tomorrow and will start the mix/ cook then. till then its drooling over your thread to keep me going!

i want high brix herb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy growing :peace:

Yeww sir grow a lot is in the house. Glad you stopped by. The show will start getting better here soon. Planning on getting some fresh pics up soon with whats been happening and let me just say its happening nicely.

You will have good success if you just follow the directions. Thats what I am doing even though i feel like i could tweak things a bit. I need to have a baseline then I can venture from there.

cheers sir good growing to ya.

Planning on getting some fresh pics up soon with whats been happening and let me just say its happening nicely.
You will have good success if you just follow the directions. Thats what I am doing even though i feel like i could tweak things a bit. I need to have a baseline then I can venture from there.

i agree with the baseline and plan to do the same.

im looking forward to the update bring it on brotha:cheer:

There once was a man named shotta he grew so well , his plants did smell, and swell, and tell , a tale of a man named shotta...
Happy T-day a tad early :thumb:

Haha very nice. I like it.

Alright so today is the weekly update.

I am happy with how things are progressing. The AO is exploding over the others and the blackberry is close behind. the four bubbas are beginning pick up.

I have done one foliar of each brix and stress per week. The plants have not had any tea yet or energy.

Here is where I am at
From clone to 1/2 gallon pot with root zone and transplant water

watered with straight ro

then transplanted again to two gallon pots with root zone and transplant water?

I am ready to give them some water tonight and I am wondering should I go transplant water and tea, or energy and tea

I am leaning towards the energy side with tea.

Thoughts and or suggestions from you famibrix.

Back
Top Bottom