The Dealer's Choice - Mars Pro Cree256 & Cree128s Perpetual In High-Brix!

re: The Dealer's Choice - Mars Pro Cree256 & Cree128s Perpetual In High-Brix!

I would say those buds look great. I just normally go 9 or 10 weeks, and if most of the hairs turned brown and the buds are nice and plump I call it and chop.

Looking at your pics, I would say they are good and ready. If you want to wait another week just to be sure, thats fine too.

Not 100% sure on this but. If your leaves don't yellow then it just means the healthy plant has all it needs without eating its own leaves.

Thanks.. thats where my thoughts were too... decided to harvest top half of her and lift pot so bottom nugs were up into the scrog screen.. now the wait for drying.
20170925_004626.jpg

Starting week 5 of the seeds project. Not sure how long these pollen sacs have before they are ready but my 1 auto has about 2 weeks left before finish. I'll just leave the auto in there till hopefully some seeds can mature.
20170925_231637.jpg

So I'm thinking about changing things up a bit. I just ordered 24x 2.5 gal square pots. I'm thinking about running autos in all 3 tents, 9 in the seed tent, 10 in the veg tent, and 14 in the flower tent. 1 strain per tent. and the smallest tent will get seeded so that I have an unlimited amount of auto seeds to work with. I plan to space out the times so that I can harvest something every month. This way I could sample way more strains in less time. :)

Going to be interesting using doc bud's soil in such small pots, but i'm having great success in my seed tent now with small 2 gal pots.

I'll know more after this seed project finishes up successfully. :passitleft:

Truthband flower Day 29

20171001_232530.jpg
20171001_232539.jpg

Doing fairly well this round. A little yellowing but I believe its been fixed with a nice trans drench. One is even getting really nice redish purple colored fan leaves.

Sour Puss clones veg day 28

20171001_232636.jpg

The Blackberry Kush auto in the center will come down next weekend. Smells wonderful.

Seeds project day 29

20171001_232715.jpg
20171001_232729.jpg

The reversed plant has pollen in some of the sacs i've tried to squeeze over the auto in efforts of getting her pollinated asap. I got a very tiny amount of dust to fall out of some pods. I expect this to go well even if I got the auto too late. Great news for my new all autos runs.

:passitleft:

Hi, Canad420. I wanted to wait eight months before asking you how (/IF) you like your Twisty Glass Blunt so that you'd be able to give me your long-term impression.

Just kidding, lol. I suddenly have an opportunity to get one for free, and went searching for information about it. I can't really tell much from those "Oh, look what came in the mail today. I'll spend three minutes trying to figure it out in front of a video camera, then upload it to YouTube" videos, and - as far as I can tell - your post is the first and only mention of it here at the forum.

So... Does it work well? It it reasonably durable? IOW... I'm not asking you to throw it up as high in the air as you can whilst standing in the middle of a parking lot, lol - but has it stood up well to everyday use, carrying it around, possibly dropping it onto a counter from a few inches (or the floor from a few feet), things like that? Does the rubber end cap still fit snugly, or has it loosened up and, therefore, fall off? I assume from the look of the thing, it's pretty easy to clean. Do you have to clean it after every use in order for your cannabis to taste decent instead of "resiny?" I can tell that it holds a lot of herb. So that's a given. Does it seem wasteful? Does it just continue burning in your hand, or go out after every hit? Can you partially load it and still get good use? On the other hand, if you load it fully and take, IDK, four or five hits (solo), then stick it in your pocket for a few hours, then pull it out to smoke with a friend, is it still cool? Or does it taste like a half-burned joint at that point because you've already pulled smoke through the cannabis? Finally, how is the hit both initially and part/most of the way through a load? Some of the reviews, I got the impression (possibly wrongly?) that the people were having to really puff/suck on it instead of just basically inhaling a lungsful of smoke like breathing (aka "clogged screen syndrome"), like maybe they'd packed it in way too much. Err... kind of thing.

Okay, one more. Nope, I forgot. Wait... No... Oh, yes, what's the best way to load it? Fill the tube and then fight to screw the metal piece in? Or, IDK, grab it fully assembled, stick it into a (skinny?) container full of ground herb and start screwing the thing backwards whilst slowly pushing the thing deeper into the ground material? Or would that even work?

Just, you know... tell me everything you know about it and more, ha ha. If you don't mind, of course!

And I really hope you see this post in the next several hours, lol, because this gift certificate is burning a hole in my virtual pocket. If not, I'd still like to know.

And THANK YOU.

Made a purchase today! 7 pipe Glass twisty blunt.

16753862_1657096577650721_1987133322_n.jpg

Truthfully I just seen the mini version today and i'd go for that if your only going to use it for yourself. I love the thing but its just too much weed for a solo session. Perfect for around company though. Everything still works fine and its pretty thick glass although i've never dropped it I would assume it can take a bit of falling without breaking. The rubber cap still fits its more of a rubberband type material so it stretches over the end. Only the tip really burns if you let the cherry go too far into the tube it will go out. It even fits into my bong as the bowl piece. I've not had to clean it yet since I got it. The tube i've just slid a paper towel through to get the resin off a couple times but that was when I was trying to keep it shiny and new. I don't bother anymore and its still pretty clean. This thing hits like a dream though I puff on it like I would from a joint or a bowl. No extra pulling needed. I usually do put it out a few times and re light it. It does lose its taste after the first initial few hits but its not bad. And yes you can load it up half way or even a 1/4 way and it works the same as if it was fully loaded. What I like to do is put it out every now and then and cap it with the rubber thing and then push the weed up against it so that it gets compressed up at the tip before I light it up again. Gives the best hits I found.

Hopefully that got all the questions lol. I would definitely recommend getting either this one or the mini version if you have that free gift to use. I've not regretted it one bit and so far all my friends that have used it have all been impressed and looked into buying one of their own.

Okay, that helped me a lot. Thanks again.

I was just looking on 7Pipe's website and discovered the Mini. In truth, I think I would prefer that one, but the place that is giving me the store credit only offers the original size. It's less bulky, (I think) the glass thickness is the same, and there's a whopping big difference in capacity - the original size version is listed as holding two grams, and the small one is listed as holding .5 gram. I don't have any right now, and don't expect to until I harvest something in two or three months; but even then I'll be pretty limited as I'm giving most of it away. So I'm sure it wold be easier to fill the small one.

But from your reply, above, it looks like the regular size version will work just as well for us po' folks as for the tychoons, lol. One way of looking at it is that I'd just have to fill the small one four times as often ;) .

I appreciate the reply, and the insane quickness of it. I... think I'm going to have to grab that Twisty Glass Blunt (unless I get distracted by something else shiny "on the way" to adding it to the shopping cart whatchamacallit.

EDIT: I saw on their website that these things are made out of Pyrex instead of borosilicate glass. For decades, the brand name equated to the generic one - but, sadly, no longer. In 1998, Corning (the company that used to make it) sold the Pyrex brand to World Kitchen LLC. World Kitchen then decided to cheap-out, and ever since, Pyrex sold in the US has been made of tempered soda-lime glass. That might mean that it handles things like drops and other impacts a little better - but the resistance to temperature changes is far less. It's obviously up to the task in general terms, lol, or you'd have replied that "the thing shattered on me." But it's the thermal shock thing... In 2010, Consumer Reports tested some Pyrex, and found that taking a hot dish out of an oven and setting it on a wet granite countertop caused the glass to instantly - and violently - shatter! Popular Science then heated a Pyrex measuring cup up and dripped a single drop of water into it. It shattered and "blew" glass all over the place, too. So my advice is to try real hard to not let it get wet immediately after heating the thing up with a lighter, or in any other way cause a sudden drastic temperature shift. And that's advice that I'll hope to remember if I end up ordering one (and I probably will).

Good morning to ya's Canad and TS...About the Twisty Glass Blunt! I pre-ordered one as soon as they came out last yr. Really thought it was the coolest little thing....until i started to use it. My only problem with it is after you use it a few times ,..the resin hardens like glue , seizing up the 'o ring' and it was not even moveable to advance the weed in it. I even broke one of the glass tubes trying to force it to 'twist'...very sticky..i even tried lubing up the o ring with peanut oil . In principal they are great , but for a practical unit , i simply didn't like it and 'gifted ' it to another member. I wanted to like it ,...but just found it too hard to twist when used a few times. Cheers you guys. Have an awesome Thanksgiving weekend!

I've yet to encounter that problem so far. I just don't find it practical for myself as I'm usually not home when I'm smoking with friends and I don't like to bring anything out I can't quickly throw away. So this thing doesn't get much use anymore as I just roll joints or hit the vape at home lol.

Hmm. I went ahead and picked it. Then I had to adjust my other choice, as it would have taken me over the limit. So I ended up picking two other very cheap items (for a total of three) instead of the ONE I would have been able to get, had I not chosen to get the Twisty Glass Blunt. I hope that I didn't end up making a big <OOPS>, lol.

Either way, I want to use this opportunity to post a big THANK YOU! to one of our sponsors, Smoking Outlet for donating $50 store credits to the winners of our monthly contests. I believe I dealt with the owner and one employee, and all communications were pleasant. Because the store is open Tuesday - Saturday instead of Monday - Friday, I was able to place my order in the wee hours yesterday (Saturday) AND see it get processed on the same day. I think it may even have been shipped yesterday, but am not willing to swear to it. I didn't have to pay shipping for the items I picked for my prize from this sponsor, but I noticed on the vendor's website that ALL orders of at least $20 have a free shipping option. (So instead of spending money for shipping, you get to spend it on an extra item ;) .) And the selection is pretty large, and covers a very wide price range, so even poor folks like me have the possibility of finding a decent piece of glass; IIRC, the selection of bongware ranged in price from about $14 up to $349 or so.

I'm receiving prizes from some of our other sponsors, too, of course. I do not want to post about that here, though, since it's off-topic (not wanting to anger the thread creator, lol) and out of fear of forgetting one this late at night. But I wanted to do a follow-up post and state where I ordered the Twisty Glass Blunt from because I found Canad420's earlier post about purchasing one, asked his opinions based on his experiences with the product, and he was nice enough to quickly respond.

Next up on my list is trying to figure out which one (or two, depending on the prices of the respective items) Crop King Seeds strain(s) I should choose with my awesome $100 store credit that this sponsor donates to our monthly prize packages. Although I assume that many of the choices are good ones, I have no personal experience with CKS' strains other than the one Train Wreck Auto that I am currently growing. It has been growing trichomes nicely in the past week, lol, but is a tiny little thing because I left it in an 18-ounce Solo cup until flowering was well under way; I do believe that I managed to skip the stretch phase (first ~40% of the flowering period) altogether :rofl:, and only very recently upgraded its container size... To a whopping big two-liter pop bottle ;) . So I very much doubt that my plant is representative of even this specific strain, let alone the entire product line. Anyway, I'd appreciate learning about others' experiences with CKS' strains - however, unless it's a discussion that Canad420 wishes to have occur in his thread, it would probably be best if you contacted me via PM with that information (and thanks!).

My only problem with it is after you use it a few times ,..the resin hardens like glue , seizing up the 'o ring' and it was not even moveable to advance the weed in it.

I used to work in a real old-fashioned hardware store. Whilst doing so, I learned that a lot of people used Vaseline on their o-rings - and that this often created problems years later when they tried removing their faucet stems in order to service/rebuild them (which everyone ought to do, since the parts are so inexpensive, probably being less than what a dripping faucet adds to one's water bill over the course of a month :icon_roll ). But there was a plumber's product that we sold that lubricated o-rings and allowed for easier removal (or at least... removal) of the parts years later. I have no idea whether or not it'd be safe to use such a lubricant in this particular application, but I find myself wondering if there is a comparable product that is safe, non-toxic, and won't end up leaving residue on the inside of the glass tube where it can get onto the cannabis that gets poured into it before reinserting the metal screw/auger.

BtW, is this o-ring exposed to the smoke path during actual use of the product? Or does it just come into contact with (any present) resin during the removal/insertion of the auger? If the latter, this might make the alternate loading method of sticking it into a pile/container of ground cannabis and slowly moving it deeper whilst turning the auger backwards the better way to go... Even though, from what I could tell from my searching, this method is considered to be more of a PITA, between the two. IDK.

I used to work in a real old-fashioned hardware store. Whilst doing so, I learned that a lot of people used Vaseline on their o-rings - and that this often created problems years later when they tried removing their faucet stems in order to service/rebuild them (which everyone ought to do, since the parts are so inexpensive, probably being less than what a dripping faucet adds to one's water bill over the course of a month :icon_roll ). But there was a plumber's product that we sold that lubricated o-rings and allowed for easier removal (or at least... removal) of the parts years later. I have no idea whether or not it'd be safe to use such a lubricant in this particular application, but I find myself wondering if there is a comparable product that is safe, non-toxic, and won't end up leaving residue on the inside of the glass tube where it can get onto the cannabis that gets poured into it before reinserting the metal screw/auger.

BtW, is this o-ring exposed to the smoke path during actual use of the product? Or does it just come into contact with (any present) resin during the removal/insertion of the auger? If the latter, this might make the alternate loading method of sticking it into a pile/container of ground cannabis and slowly moving it deeper whilst turning the auger backwards the better way to go... Even though, from what I could tell from my searching, this method is considered to be more of a PITA, between the two. IDK.

Good morning TS,..some great thoughts sir! Ya , i dunno ...all i do , is that that twisty pipe was a major pita for me , that's all! It gets stuck,..period. Cheers bud,..Happy Thanksgiving Sunday....you Americans too!:Namaste:

Next up on my list is trying to figure out which one (or two, depending on the prices of the respective items) Crop King Seeds strain(s) I should choose with my awesome $100 store credit that this sponsor donates to our monthly prize packages. Although I assume that many of the choices are good ones, I have no personal experience with CKS' strains other than the one Train Wreck Auto that I am currently growing. It has been growing trichomes nicely in the past week, lol, but is a tiny little thing because I left it in an 18-ounce Solo cup until flowering was well under way; I do believe that I managed to skip the stretch phase (first ~40% of the flowering period) altogether :rofl:, and only very recently upgraded its container size... To a whopping big two-liter pop bottle ;) . So I very much doubt that my plant is representative of even this specific strain, let alone the entire product line. Anyway, I'd appreciate learning about others' experiences with CKS' strains - however, unless it's a discussion that Canad420 wishes to have occur in his thread, it would probably be best if you contacted me via PM with that information (and thanks!).

I've only had 1 experience with CKS and its that their Purple Kush strain is straight crap. If you read the reviews on their site about that strain you'll notice most of them talk about their plants turning hermie. So I would avoid that strain.

Thanks for that, too. No hermies here, please, lol. I've grown some strains in the past where a certain incidence of opposite sex flowers was not terribly uncommon. But I only have a small grow space going at the moment - and my vision is far from what it once was (and that wasn't exactly stellar :rolleyes3 ). IOW, if I ended up growing a strain / phenotype / plant that had that issue, it is possible that the first I'd be aware of it was when I started finding seeds. It's definitely not a great time in my life to be growing, say, a long-flowering landrace Thai sativa, for example (although I miss that one ;) ). So - at least until I can get a replacement pair of eyeglasses - I'd prefer to take the safe course for now.

Back
Top Bottom