Duggan - DBHBB With Two Pots - One Kit - Four Plants

Just checking things out. Looks like I got her just in time. :thumb:

A very warm welcome to my thread Noob! A little busy with life on the weekend but glad to have you aboard brotha! Cheers eh!
Welcome Noob4x4! :)

Thanks Ziggs, a lil too busy this past weekend with kids , hockey , cooking , cleaning etc.....later bud!
Thanks DrZiggy :smokin:
Ziggs is my bouncer on site!!
Duggan, meet Noob. You see Noob has a link in his signature. I think I finally figured out how to explain it to you. :laughtwo: Love you Bud. :circle-of-love:
Morning SS,
Ive been waiting for that to happen too...So far after all these years of adding leaf, roots and stem seem's to be where its at. Everyone I have known to have recycled and tuned their soil have had really good success.

This next run with third run soil will be a first for me and it's been enriched with lots of leaves, roots and stems.....should be good to go! I'm used to using our DBHBB soil two times then discarding so this will be very new to me this next round with the Kosher Kush. Cheers Seshan and have a great Monday!

Ive been waiting for that to happen too...So far after all these years of adding leaf, roots and stem seem's to be where its at. Everyone I have known to have recycled and tuned their soil have had really good success.

Seshan and HashHound, I'm curious. I know the entire root ball goes back in, but what ratio of stems and leaves do think you recycle back in? Do you chop the stem material to fascilitate decomposition, or simply toss them in and let the microbes take care of it? There are so many therapeutic uses for the leaves, and I run a medicinal grow trying to demonstrate those uses, so I need to figure out how many of those leaves I should save aside for the soil.

I put everything I dont use back. No waste :)

Me too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

If the plant had grown there, bloomed and died, everything would have ended up as microbe food for the next plant. :slide: I toss the main stalk, and after a week or two I pull any soggy stripped stems from the soil - the biota get the rest - all trimmings from the grow. I currently toss my manicure trimmings in there too, 'cause I have a freezer full of trim that I haven't done anything with yet. :laugh:

Seshan and HashHound, I'm curious. I know the entire root ball goes back in, but what ratio of stems and leaves do think you recycle back in? Do you chop the stem material to fascilitate decomposition, or simply toss them in and let the microbes take care of it? There are so many therapeutic uses for the leaves, and I run a medicinal grow trying to demonstrate those uses, so I need to figure out how many of those leaves I should save aside for the soil.

Anything I prune off during a grow goes in the cooking bin.
The last grow had zero leaves added since there was not a bad leaf to pick, nor did I defol this time.

As for the harvested root ball, it all goes right back into the mix minus the stalk and stems.

My soil was gobbling leaf like Trump gobbles up candidates :rofl:

A week after adding leaf there was no sign of any.

The last grow had zero leaves added since there was not a bad leaf to pick, nor did I defol this time.

As for the harvested root ball, it all goes right back into the mix minus the stalk and stems.

Word. :straightface: Soil bins can be kinda scary things. :laugh:

Mine sometimes will, like, exhale in my face when I open it. It smells great, but ... and it gets warm like some living thing ... spooky.

Morning Gang....ya , sorry to say , joints taste like crap now...just burnt and not as tasty as my new vape.Only smoke J's. on the way to hockey now (always did)and got to say , it doesn't taste good AT ALL. Had the new vape for about 3 weeks now and I'm already hooked on the goodness of it! Cheers everyone! :thumb:

I just ordered one thanks to your stellar reviews. It will be here by the 25th of march.:volcano-smiley:

I just ordered one thanks to your stellar reviews. It will be here by the 25th of march.:volcano-smiley:

Mornin FF, ya , your gonna love it brotha.....get ready to not like J's. any more though....no guff my brotha....they just taste like crap, after ya vape for a while every other way of smoking is cu cuz!:tokin:
Mornin Ziggs!:high-five:

I can't seem to get the same level buzz with a vape that I get from a bong or a pipe or even my one hit bat. What am I doing wrong guys? Maybe some of us just never adapt. Pigeons had a lengthy discussion on his thread last year before I ended up with three vaporizers out of the air. I have a good tabletop version (very nice), and two portables, a large and a small. I enjoy the high I get, it just never gets to the same level of intensity my system demands. A bong does.

Maybe I'm spoiled by my brownies. Maybe it's decades of conditioning. Whatever it is, I've tried and tried and, although I enjoy the vapes, when I want to get to that wonderful over-the-edge free-fall experience, I'll go with combustible.

You know me - I want it all. :laughtwo:

Try upping your temps Sue. What temp are you vaping?
I find I can get blazed vaping, though it takes a bit longer it also takes less herb. And vaping concentrate is unbelievable.

The firefly has been a great vape for me because of the bowl form factor. It also has a glass inner bowl that glows from the heating element. I also like that it only heats when the button is pressed. If you draw a few seconds after you stop pressing the button it cools the unit down. It is an all convection on demand vape. The firefly2 fixes the battery life issue and has an app to change hearing profiles. It also has a concentrate vape pad.

Thanks HashHound. I realized as I read your answer that this won't be something I'll be doing because I've learned that the most potent oil is made with the entire plant, minus the roots, so I'll be grinding up every inch of my harvests to make oil.

So another question. There will be plants I intend to grow for recreational use, but they will likely be in LOS. I'm pretty committed to making Doc's soil my major medicinal medium. Eventually I may make a complete switch, but that's not going to happen until I can figure out how to get testing into the formula and can see what the soils are growing. Would you think it possible to toss plant material grown in LOS into HB soil for reclamation?

If not, then I'll probably have to stay with the traditional three uses and start anew.

Try upping your temps Sue. What temp are you vaping?
I find I can get blazed vaping, though it takes a bit longer it also takes less herb. And vaping concentrate is unbelievable.

The firefly has been a great vape for me because of the bowl form factor. It also has a glass inner bowl that glows from the heating element. I also like that it only heats when the button is pressed. If you draw a few seconds after you stop pressing the button it cools the unit down. It is an all convection on demand vape. The firefly2 fixes the battery life issue and has an app to change hearing profiles. It also has a concentrate vape pad.

I'm vaping at 400 degrees Shiggity. That's pretty high already, don't you think? What temp do you use? I like the review of the firefly, particularly the on-demand heat.

I'm vaping at 400 degrees Shiggity. That's pretty high already, don't you think? What temp do you use? I like the review of the firefly, particularly the on-demand heat.

Susan....turn that baby down a bit,....400 is too hot!! Ya may as well just light it on fire . It burns at that temp and the vapor is a lil too harsh on the throat, etc. Try setting it at max 380...at this temp , it's still plenty hot enough for some thick vapor without the burning action of 400F. I start at 365 then usually work up to 380 to finish off the bowl.Cheers Sue!

Oh ya BTW, I'm looking pretty hard at the Firefly2, but Toronto Vaporizer (where I got my VapiRise2.0) doesn't have it in stock yet! They wanted to know why I wanted the Firefly over the Mighty....I told them I was an Electrician,...not a dentist! :)

Susan....turn that baby down a bit,....400 is too hot!! Ya may as well just light it on fire . It burns at that temp and the vapor is a lil too harsh on the throat, etc. Try setting it at max 380...at this temp , it's still plenty hot enough for some thick vapor without the burning action of 400F. I start at 365 then usually work up to 380 to finish off the bowl.Cheers Sue!

Oh ya BTW, I'm looking pretty hard at the Firefly2, but Toronto Vaporizer (where I got my VapiRise2.0) doesn't have it in stock yet!

Thank you Duggan. That was very helpful. I'll give it a try later. :hug: :love:

Back
Top Bottom