Duggan - DBHBB With Two Pots - One Kit - Four Plants

I'm vaping at 400 degrees Shiggity. That's pretty high already, don't you think? What temp do you use? I like the review of the firefly, particularly the on-demand heat.

Right now on my firefly version one it doesn't have a settable vape temp. Yu learn to do it analog style and adjust by holding and releasing as you vape. I can skirt the edge of combustion. For the Firefly 2 you can set the temp and vape style on a phone app which has six settings: 340, 360, 380, 400, 420, and concentrates. There is also no waiting to heat up. You press the button and you are at temp within a few seconds with the FF2

I like the company as they have been very responsive in the past and the FF2 makes up for all of the shortcomings of the FF1. It has longer battery life, is smaller and lighter, has a mouthpiece screen, and has the visible led on the top instead of the side. It also has capacitive touch buttons for operation.

Susan....turn that baby down a bit,....400 is too hot!! Ya may as well just light it on fire . It burns at that temp and the vapor is a lil too harsh on the throat, etc. Try setting it at max 380...at this temp , it's still plenty hot enough for some thick vapor without the burning action of 400F. I start at 365 then usually work up to 380 to finish off the bowl.Cheers Sue!

Oh ya BTW, I'm looking pretty hard at the Firefly2, but Toronto Vaporizer (where I got my VapiRise2.0) doesn't have it in stock yet! They wanted to know why I wanted the Firefly over the Mighty....I told them I was an Electrician,...not a dentist! :)

The FF2 is just so damn sexy. I love the all glass and stainless vapor path of my FF1. It cools the vape nicely for smoothness. And I dont like any constant on heating element in my vape. Both fireflies heat on demand only so if you want to puff a few and then save the rest for later it doesnt skip a beat. just pull it from your pocket or off the table and press the button. It has the convenience of being like a pipe and my old school sensibilities love that it feels like a pipe in my hand, even glowing in the bowl.

Having two batteries and charging one while using the other is great as well. I had to buy an extra for my FF1 but the FF2 comes with two batteries.

I can't seem to get the same level buzz with a vape that I get from a bong or a pipe or even my one hit bat. What am I doing wrong guys? Maybe some of us just never adapt. Pigeons had a lengthy discussion on his thread last year before I ended up with three vaporizers out of the air. I have a good tabletop version (very nice), and two portables, a large and a small. I enjoy the high I get, it just never gets to the same level of intensity my system demands. A bong does.

Maybe I'm spoiled by my brownies. Maybe it's decades of conditioning. Whatever it is, I've tried and tried and, although I enjoy the vapes, when I want to get to that wonderful over-the-edge free-fall experience, I'll go with combustible.

You know me - I want it all. :laughtwo:

I'm with you Sue. I'm a bong guy. I have two vaporizers. They get me high. But, it's different. I feel vaping makes me more sleepy.

I just quit smoking cigarettes and plan on getting the same vape as you Duggs :)
Ya Tard, get it brotha, it's a nice machine and doesn't cost , like 700 bones either! I really like mine ....so does Ziggs! Cheers eh!
duggs, how does one get back to the F temperature? im stuck on C..:)
Ziggs,....just push and hold the "heat" button for about a second....that switches back and forth from celcius to F. Cheers brotha,....oh ya , i just cleaned mine to brand new again ( weekly), took 10 min's.
'tard, Mine came with a free $49? water bubbler attachment...works great! :thumb:
Ya, great deal...mine came with a bitchin grinder from Zeus.
Right now on my firefly version one it doesn't have a settable vape temp. Yu learn to do it analog style and adjust by holding and releasing as you vape. I can skirt the edge of combustion. For the Firefly 2 you can set the temp and vape style on a phone app which has six settings: 340, 360, 380, 400, 420, and concentrates. There is also no waiting to heat up. You press the button and you are at temp within a few seconds with the FF2

I like the company as they have been very responsive in the past and the FF2 makes up for all of the shortcomings of the FF1. It has longer battery life, is smaller and lighter, has a mouthpiece screen, and has the visible led on the top instead of the side. It also has capacitive touch buttons for operation.

The FF2 is just so damn sexy. I love the all glass and stainless vapor path of my FF1. It cools the vape nicely for smoothness. And I dont like any constant on heating element in my vape. Both fireflies heat on demand only so if you want to puff a few and then save the rest for later it doesnt skip a beat. just pull it from your pocket or off the table and press the button. It has the convenience of being like a pipe and my old school sensibilities love that it feels like a pipe in my hand, even glowing in the bowl.

Having two batteries and charging one while using the other is great as well. I had to buy an extra for my FF1 but the FF2 comes with two batteries.
Ya Shiggs ...many thanks brotha, i'm prolly gonna go with the FF2 as well. It's a very well received unit and from what you are sayin, it's the shit! Great to hear....now i just gotta wait for Toronto vape to get them in....they're brand new out and not every place has them yet. Cheers eh!
I'm with you Sue. I'm a bong guy. I have two vaporizers. They get me high. But, it's different. I feel vaping makes me more sleepy.
If that's the case turn up the temp. a bit more ...eventually you won't wanna smoke it...it just taste's sooo bad when burning it. I know , i know , i've smoked for a long time and thought i'de never say that but, but, i can't help myself....vaping just tastes so nice ....and ya all know me...i'm a sucker for taste!:tokin:
Try sticking to the vaporizer for three weeks straight. Then take a bong hit. It may surprise you how completely disgusting it tastes. Like "I want to wash my mouth out with listerine" type disgusting. I still take bong hits here or there to be social, or because my GF likes them more than vaping, but given the choice, hand me the vape every time. Seriously try the experiment, it will truly amaze you!
:thumb:
My Dr did just recommend that I only vape. I'm a creature of habit so that experiment might be a hard one to pull off. I know exactly what you meant by the difference in taste though. I usually vape any new bud that I get to see how it taste. I do like vaping concentrates with my Essential VAAAP though.
Do it!!! After years of puffing joints and loving it...on my way to hockey last week, tried my usual J on the way....wow, couldn't even smoke it....tasted ....well....burnt...not good , just like Shiggs said....wanted to brush my teeth...ca cuz! cheers Gang!

It took me 2 weeks to get used to a vape.
Just made as I crashed my bong, had to learn to pull very slow and long not hard and long :grinjoint:

Temps has to be tested at every model you never know where the sensor sits and how accurate it works.
Settings can be quite different to get the same temp at the herb.

It took me 2 weeks to get used to a vape.
Just made as I crashed my bong, had to learn to pull very slow and long not hard and long :grinjoint:

Temps has to be tested at every model you never know where the sensor sits and how accurate it works.
Settings can be quite different to get the same temp at the herb.

also different herb has different terps- quants and types, these vape at different temps..for my plants and vapirriser2.0, (360-380F)
best flavor -effect combo, w/little cough..some of my more recently grown nugs are pretty potent they cause even the most experienced people to cough. Less so at lower temps. The J does similar but not as much. :)

Thank you gentlemen for that insightful discussion on vapes. I learned more here over the past day or so than I'd learned over months. True, I didn't look very hard, but that was because I knew sooner or later I'd stumble into just such a conversation.

Good day to you Duggan. :hug: :love: You certainly gather a delightful room of companions. Hello guys. :ciao: Back to my river walk. It's perfect out here today. :laughtwo:

Thank you gentlemen for that insightful discussion on vapes. I learned more here over the past day or so than I'd learned over months. True, I didn't look very hard, but that was because I knew sooner or later I'd stumble into just such a conversation.

Good day to you Duggan. :hug: :love: You certainly gather a delightful room of companions. Hello guys. :ciao: Back to my river walk. It's perfect out here today. :laughtwo:

They are all my brothas, my equals, to whom I look up to, share all my secrets with, inspire to be like! Cheers Gang!:circle-of-love:
Very nice of you to pop by Susan,....yes the vapes, we're on the hunt now for the Firefly 2....it's not available yet....go figure eh,...finally find the one I want ,....and I can't even buy the bloody thing. They say (firefly2 website) that they can and will take pre-orders for May delivery....nothanks...no body gets my $$$ without shipping the goods. I guess i'l just have to wait for my personal , portable vape.....Oh well!

Good morning everyone, I took 30 pics last night in hopes of showing just how my crop is looking but, they sucked so , no pics. Colas are heavy and look really scraggly with crusty leaves and burnt tips everywhere....not good. Wanted a lil better health at this point. I'm disappointed in how weak they finished. The resin is there, that's no problem, lots of it but , the sugar leaves are even dying off too on some colas, this I'm not impressed with AT ALL! This Sunday is chop, so i'l get some pics then . Cheers Gang....Youngest has a hockey tourney this weekend , starting tonight so , between those games and trying to see my GF, things are gonna get really busy!
Marilyn seen her Oncologist yesterday and here's the poop....three nodules on her left Thyroid, one is bigger than the other two by quite a bit , but don't appear to her to be hard at all. She gave her some meds to try and determine what's wrong....not 100% sure it's C yet ....she is very optimistic and told her not to worry about it....go figure eh. She also is getting her biopsy date moved up some too. She has to go see her again in 6 weeks, so...... we'le see! Have an awesome day brothas ....and SS!

All will be well Duggan. :hug: :love: You grow some of the most powerful medication on the planet. It's just a matter of pinning down a protocol and a dose. There's so much to be hopeful for here. Have fun with the tourney. Nothing more fun, or more harrowing, than watching your boy compete on skates. :laughtwo:

OK Gang...I've decided to pre-order the Firefly 2. I just hate doing it but , from what I'm hearing and reading , their first batch already sold out....so next batch is May delivery...I'm ordering in hopes they won't forget about me all the way up here in Canada eh! It's going to be 330 bones +tax , postage, and lets not forget the exchange rate too....so I'm thinkin around 425 for it to my door but i'l let everyone know , just how much when I order it this afternoon ( they open at 9 pacific time). Cheers Gang....any thoughts?

Best of luck to Marilyn, and to you with your harvest, bud!

Back
Top Bottom