KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

A solution to the height of the AK48's has been planed.

:popcorn:
Always a few steps ahead my friend. :high-five:

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Wow them are some seriously nice/tall plants! Looking healthy and lush, just a bit leggy. Training is a must I reckon, to maximise an even canopy to get the best out of LED's!
Loving the green light at dark talk, very interesting indeed. I also cant belive you can get so close to your big ass light with the canopy. Ill be staying min of 25 inches off canopy!
Anyway best of buds!

If I remember correctly you decided not to do any training intentionally to reduce the number of variables for testing purposes for this run KJC. Is that correct? Or am I remembering from one of your other journals?

No need to shut up LA :), your points are extremely valid and help raise awareness for the late comers who may not have had the opportunity to digest 57 pages :) :peace:

About to set up a 6'x8' room and 4'x4' tent, should I plunge and go with Lush panels or stick to hps ? I feel with LED I would be able to get rid of ducting and greatly downsize my a/c along with the units drawing less power as well. I am worried however that the quality, yield, and penetration won't compete with a 600w or 1000w hortilux, and the initial cost is about doubled for the LEDS.. Your thoughts ?

About to set up a 6'x8' room and 4'x4' tent, should I plunge and go with Lush panels or stick to hps ? I feel with LED I would be able to get rid of ducting and greatly downsize my a/c along with the units drawing less power as well. I am worried however that the quality, yield, and penetration won't compete with a 600w or 1000w hortilux, and the initial cost is about doubled for the LEDS.. Your thoughts ?

LEDs

If I remember correctly you decided not to do any training intentionally to reduce the number of variables for testing purposes for this run KJC. Is that correct? Or am I remembering from one of your other journals?

The taller plants were topped at roughly 20" tall in vegetative growth and have developed multiple colas as a result. All the plants have been defoliated at days 21-25 of flower. It is my intention to allow the plants to grow without many added variables as many people would in their own grow rooms.

At day Flower Day 44 I am very happy with how my plants have responded in vegetative growth and in flowering to the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x. I have seen that the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x full spectrum can vegetate cannabis plants as well as a Metal Halide light. I have seen my plants under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x develop pistils at the same rate I would normally see with a High Pressure Sodium light. I believe if you chose Lush Lighting to outfit your lighting needs that you will be happy with the LED lights and Lush Lighting's customer service as well. I have can report that I have had good customer service when I consulted Lush Lighting by telephone with any questions I have had. When I first started growing cannabis I researched LED lighting and the technology had not developed at the time to equal conventional High Intensity Discharge lighting, my choice was to outfit my grow rooms with Lumatek Digital Ballasts using both Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium lights with cooltubes to control grow area temperatures. I have kept up with more recent developments in LED lighting as company's refined the the LED spectrum developing full spectrum lighting. If I was outfitting my grow rooms now I would chose LED lighting over High Intensity Discharge lighting based on performance, stable grow room conditions and return of investment.

The taller plants were topped at roughly 20" tall in vegetative growth and have developed multiple colas as a result. All the plants have been defoliated at days 21-25 of flower. It is my intention to allow the plants to grow without many added variables as many people would in their own grow rooms.

Can you tell my why you chose 21-25 days for defoliation vs. 35 or 15? Also I believe I've seen you mention that sometimes you do a second one at around 42 days, if so, why those time periods? And to what extent do you defoliate, 25%, 50%, or X of the fan leaves?

Can you tell my why you chose 21-25 days for defoliation vs. 35 or 15? Also I believe I've seen you mention that sometimes you do a second one at around 42 days, if so, why those time periods? And to what extent do you defoliate, 25%, 50%, or X of the fan leaves?

Usually the stretch phase of flowering lasts 21-28 days and defoliation is done after this period so that growth is not interrupted. I defoliate in flower at days 21-25 of flower by removing the majority of the fan leaves from the plants. When I defoliate I leave no more then 4 fan leaves per cola at each top and remove any of the lower growth that will not produce anything except popcorn and any fan leaf that shades a bud site. I defoliate again at day 45 of flower by removing any fan leaves that shade a bud site and ensuring proper airflow.

At day Flower Day 44 I am very happy with how my plants have responded in vegetative growth and in flowering to the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x. I have seen that the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x full spectrum can vegetate cannabis plants as well as a Metal Halide light. I have seen my plants under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x develop pistils at the same rate I would normally see with a High Pressure Sodium light. I believe if you chose Lush Lighting to outfit your lighting needs that you will be happy with the LED lights and Lush Lighting's customer service as well. I have can report that I have had good customer service when I consulted Lush Lighting by telephone with any questions I have had. When I first started growing cannabis I researched LED lighting and the technology had not developed at the time to equal conventional High Intensity Discharge lighting, my choice was to outfit my grow rooms with Lumatek Digital Ballasts using both Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium lights with cooltubes to control grow area temperatures. I have kept up with more recent developments in LED lighting as company's refined the the LED spectrum developing full spectrum lighting. If I was outfitting my grow rooms now I would chose LED lighting over High Intensity Discharge lighting based on performance, stable grow room conditions and return of investment.

Thank you for the detailed response. LED's have definitely come along way the past few years, and setting up a room for LED's is much easier and cleaner looking then a bunch of air cooled hps, less ducting, less fans, less electricity, it seems like a no brainer aside from the initial cost.. Look forward to seeing your results !

Definite knowledge overload in here. This has been a great thread to read and catch up to learn a few things, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how well these girls finish for you. They look absolutely perfect right now.

You definitely have some serious talent, well done!

:Namaste:

Well, well, well.... Things sure have been exciting so far....all caught up now .......Greetings Oh Great King...and a happy weednsday to you & the kingdom... those are looking pretty good :bravo: guess we'll just have to wait and see where the dust settles

Crawdaddy, your the one that doesn't get it. We are all very clear on your stance, you've bagged lush at least one post per page, might average out to two. This is somebody's journal. Is it so necessary to keep with this? Why do you keep posting here, only to bag lush? Why do you feel anybody needs this "education"?. Nothing wrong with questioning things, putting up your thoughts, but then move on. What can't you "educate" in your own journals, no traffic? Wonder why? Please don't answer just move away, you've told us your point, that's it. Stop drilling your crap into kjc journal.
And yes some of us do have bigger issues to deal with, hence why we are on a medical mj site. Positive energy helps, everybody's entitilled to an opinion and to share that, whether it follows or goes against the grain, but then that's it. Are you a religious preacher? You know the truth and must save everyone? It's ridiculous.

Nicely put, there is nothing wrong with giving your opinion, just don't ram it down everyone's throat. Don't we deserve the right and chance to decide for ourselves and gather our own facts? You wouldn't want me to follow you around and constantly pick at you about the same issue day after day. Let's all take a deep breathe and relax. If I think someone is taking advantage of me, I just stop dealing with them. I don't badger them about it, they just lose my business. So, Any new updates KJC?

Everything is looking kick-ass KJC! LED is the wave of the future, now that most growers are catching on, what do you suppose they will come up with to replace LED? You know electronics never sit still these days. By the time a new product has got everyone in a buzz about it, the next upgrade is ready to deliver. Maybe one day we will grow with lasers. George Jetson smoking a celestial cone joint! Keep rockin the Dominator 2x!

:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom