New City Grower 3.5 - Our Perpetual Grow - Continued

Just driving thru and seen you asked about stacking bud sites. There are growth regulators out there for ornamentals, I use to use one with great results, till they changed up the labels. I guess it's got alittle of the bad things in her so I dropped it myself. I used Bush Masters, and I know GH has one called Bush Load.
Here's one I'm fixing to try out. Good read. And right on the money about stacking bud sites.
Advanced Nutrients | Bud Ignitor®
Another useful product is a kelp with a form of brown algae here' clip on it;
Ascophyllum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ascophyllum nodosum is harvested for use in alginates, fertilisers and for the manufacture of seaweed meal for animal and human consumption.[20] It has long been used as an organic and mainstream fertilizer for many varieties of crops due to its combination of both macronutrient, (e.g. N, P, K, Ca, Mg, S) and micronutrients (e.g. Mn, Cu, Fe, Zn, etc.). It also host to cytokinins, auxin-like gibberellins, betaines, mannitol, organic acids, polysaccharides, amino acids, and proteins which are all very beneficial and widely used in agriculture.[21] Ireland, Scotland and Norway have provided the world's principal alginate supply.[22][23]
I know a lot of people like to use a weaker form of transition fert's when first flowering. I like to hit mine hard with the P and K in transition phase. Like in the read, you only get new bud sites for the first couple weeks in flower. So it's important to make the most out of them. And to keep sites as close as posiable. Another thing is to start flowering with some MH or blue light for the first week it minimalize stretch.
I see one of them seeds is one you might have to do minor surgery to get her to open up. Keepem Green

Thanxx Woody. I might just put out for a bottle of Bud Ignitor. I already have their Big Bud which I only used a couple of times during my first grow. With the two that would cover wks 1-4, the deciding weeks in bud development says Advanced Nutrients.

So they say my friend........... I swear I could see a difference using BushMasters. But I did see it made the heavy metals list on some site and they seemed fit to change the labels so I guess that's good enough for me. But then is this the same government that forced a monkey to smoke 50 joints a day and then claimed lung disease? Well big brother is looking out for us. But scary to see all that's in our fert's.....
Metals Content for Fertilizer and Soil Amendment Products
All the factors I mentioned are real hard on a perpetual grow tho. In a perfect world some blue lights the first week -14 days and then again the last week are suppose to really help a plant. Leaves me out. I have all stages like you in mine. One day I'll get my act back togather and do flips. Everything the same time in and out. Makes it a lot easier. After 10 months don't matter mites or PM or something finds me. Life Keepem Green

QUICK UPDATE​
Jan 21, 2015​

I'm fashionably late :rofl:

:circle-of-love:

Needless to say am subbed :cheer:
We're just getting started daT.

Here's the dry weights on the 2 plants chopped on the last update of New City Grower 2.0

SECOND WAVE STREET GIRL
(Unknown Strain) Chopped on Jan 18

IMG_00006843.jpg

CARAMELA
Chopped on Jan 18

We only dried the main cola. The bottom of this plant was left on the trunk to re-veg.

IMG_00006764.jpg

That's nearly an OZ combined. If we can do this or better every week or week 1/2 once this perpetual grow is in full swing I'll be satisfied.

Next is "the best way to germinate experiment" (highest sprout rate). We've narrowed it down to Rapid Rooters, SIP (Sub Irrigation Planter) with 75/25% Perlite/LI Grower's Mix, & Rockwool cubes. In the first round the Rockwool cube is by far the winner with the SIP running 2nd.
The bean in our soiless peat-moss/perlite/vermiculite mix hasn't even poked it's head out yet.

Day 4 / Round 1

SIP Sprout with her sidekick Good Luck Clover

IMG_00006904.jpg

IMG_00006909.jpg

RAPID ROOTER & ROCKWOOL

The RR doesn't know what it wants to do but the RW is off to the races.

IMG_00006893.jpg

Day 1 / Round 2

We'll just let the 2 cubes go toe to toe.

IMG_00006813.jpg

IMG_00006822.jpg

Our next experiment has to do with a convo we were having earlier today on Jesstar's Thread about cloning Autos. I'll let the pics do the talking.

AFGHAN KUSH (Auto) Day 29

This 1st pic's for you Bonzmoking.

IMG_00006826.jpg

IMG_00006835.jpg

IMG_00006838.jpg

IMG_00006856.jpg

IMG_00006858.jpg

IMG_00006867.jpg

IMG_00006876.jpg

Oh yeah. DO show me how to successfully clone autos. :clap: Now, let me seek out that conversation.

Excellent germination experiment. Obviously those Rapid Rooters live up to their hype. My money's on that seed.

I'm always learning something interesting here Reg. :green_heart:

Is it possible to clone an auto ? Will the auto clone just be as mature as it's mom and start to flower ? :)

..cloning an auto this is going going fun to watch...

I'm intrigued to see how your clone goes, I was lead to believe they weren't clonable

You can clone them the quest is does it make sense as al I read about it says that the clone will have the same age as the mom.
Hopefully we will see soon enough guys. On another note:

We have a new lady in the house.

SLEESTACK X SKUNK (Regular) Day 80 / Day 5 under 12/12

We spotted her first pistils today.

IMG_00006929.jpg

IMG_00006941.jpg

IMG_00006937.jpg

SPIDER GIRL I
(Unknown Strain) Day 88 / Day 44 under 12/12

She's pregnant!
I think our 2nd Wave Street Girl that hermied pollinated her. The were next to one another & hopefully she was the only one it got to. There's a good chance of that because that Street Girl was 165 days old when chopped & when plants hermie to self pollinate for survival the pollen usually falls instead of floats. Anyway, we can always use more beans.

IMG_00006954.jpg

IMG_00006951.jpg

IMG_00006946.jpg

Those are seeds & not balls right? Is it even possible to have male sacs & pistils?

They definitely look like seeds. Balls would be at the nodes, wouldn't they?

:phew:

Then those are double mystery seeds daT; Two Street Girls from different Waves. We just breeded a Magic Tree Deluxe Strain!

Thanxx Judge John. That's what I figured; only nanners can come from a female not male pollen sacs. I just wanted to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom