Duggan Does Kosher Kush With DBHBB: 4 Plants, Two Pots, Lots Of LEDs!

Hey Duggan, I just chopped my KK yesterday at day 70. It doesn't seem gassy or pungent, its like a really sweet kind of OG. What kind if smells are you getting?:byebye:
Hey FF, busy day at work , plus i have the boys this weekend,...youngest had hockey, ...no time to cook, rush , rush . Ya , about the KK, just as you say , you got it perfect, a really super sweet OG with that lil dankness , but more sweet...is this it....ya!:slide: Just covered with goodness ...I could chop now but, but, this last week will really stretch them out there for max weight in resin ...one week left.Cheers FF.:volcano-smiley:
I'm back again Duggs. Feeling much better and making the rounds!
Glad to hear it ....wtf brotha, flue...? Anyhow , nice to have a healthy Shiggs. Cheers.:high-five:

Sent from my DeLorean...in the future!:surf:

"One week left."

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Remind me. What's on deck for the next round?

Remind me. What's on deck for the next round?

Well, well....very cool to have you back my friend! A very good morning to you and your people pal. Hope your sis is continuing to get better.
Ya , the next crop is going to be two "Lilly's" and two.......drum role please...........!!!!!......Lanekia's . These Lanny's as i call em are special...you prolly know why eh......you could say they are Laneki'as+G. They are up and growing but had a tuff time of getting them to come up (lost four Lilly's")in some old rich , second run DBHBB soil that ate them....just like the Desfrans...i forgot about that stuff and used it again, so my bad! Had to quickly change the lil pots to straight PM....now they are up and doing OK! Cheers pal!

Awesome!
IDK the "Lilly's", but I'm really looking forward to the Laniakea's!

Awesome!
IDK the "Lilly's", but I'm really looking forward to the Laniakea's!

The Lilly's are from Delicatessen Seeds via ACE . They are a super fast 100 % Sativa that blooms in 7-8 weeks....yowsa eh! Ya the Lanny's are special for sure....i have two pheno's of it...these are the faster one also the resin queen of the two pheno's...im stoked to have a bunch of them. When some Lilly's failed to show their selves...it was an easy decision to get out the Lanny's to replace them. Cheers eh!
Major...IMO , if you (outdoor grower) wants a true Sativa...maybe this is the one , given it's lightning speed to finish!

Ya baby! Most pistils are withered up and golden, calyx's swollen and covered, stems can't support them they're so heavy....big ,fat, hard nugs....yeepa , yeepa! About half the big leaves are crispy but overall cola and bud health is stunning! Cheers SS and thanks for the visit eh.:Namaste:

My Jock Horror is a 9-11 week strain. Rumor has it, kit plants can flower a week or two longer. Today is week 7 for me. Have you experienced the additional time in flower for your kit plants? I cant bear the thought of waiting another 4-5 weeks possibly. I'll wear a hole in the carpet pacing back and forth... lol

My Jock Horror is a 9-11 week strain. Rumor has it, kit plants can flower a week or two longer. Today is week 7 for me. Have you experienced the additional time in flower for your kit plants? I cant bear the thought of waiting another 4-5 weeks possibly. I'll wear a hole in the carpet pacing back and forth... lol

Morning mason, ya with the finishing and "Kit" plants. I tried something very different with this crop of Kosher Kush's, not sure if everyone is aware of my lil experiment i did with these , this time. From talking with Seshan , Neiko and Doc, i decided to give the Cat Drench to two plants (back pot) at the onset , start of bloom , instead of waiting the recommended 3-4 weeks or until bud "set" (cluster starts). Giving the CD later than at the start will ALWAYS prolong bloom , while giving at the very start lets the plant finish closer to it's "finishing time". In doing the side by side test this grow , i witnessed the "early" CD plants bloom slightly faster than the other pot. resin at this very late stage is however equal with both pots(all four plants). The early CD plant has gotten "crispy" sooner than the front pot as well. Just some observations i've made during this "test grow". So to answer your Q. mason,...yes, "kit" plants do bloom longer....remember too, part of this reason is because they are so healthy and gland heads are reluctant to go amber, and plants can linger and just "sit there" for days while resin gland heads remain milky and at peak potency! Cheers mason, hope this has answered your Q's pal. Cheers to ya and have an awesome Sunday!:high-five:

Morning mason, ya with the finishing and "Kit" plants. I tried something very different with this crop of Kosher Kush's, not sure if everyone is aware of my lil experiment i did with these , this time. From talking with Seshan , Neiko and Doc, i decided to give the Cat Drench to two plants (back pot) at the onset , start of bloom , instead of waiting the recommended 3-4 weeks or until bud "set" (cluster starts). Giving the CD later than at the start will ALWAYS prolong bloom , while giving at the very start lets the plant finish closer to it's "finishing time". In doing the side by side test this grow , i witnessed the "early" CD plants bloom slightly faster than the other pot. resin at this very late stage is however equal with both pots(all four plants). The early CD plant has gotten "crispy" sooner than the front pot as well. Just some observations i've made during this "test grow". So to answer your Q. mason,...yes, "kit" plants do bloom longer....remember too, part of this reason is because they are so healthy and gland heads are reluctant to go amber, and plants can linger and just "sit there" for days while resin gland heads remain milky and at peak potency! Cheers mason, hope this has answered your Q's pal. Cheers to ya and have an awesome Sunday!:high-five:

Thank you Duggan. I've heard the wait is worth it, so I'll let her ride as long as she wants.

Mason, that's it....let her get "ripe" and heavy...lots of good things happen the last two weeks of bloom. Weight goes thru the roof , and any issues with Cal/ Mg. will show now, when the very tops are heavy with resin. Up untill this point they look great but when the gland heads fill, and swell , this is when they get "ripe" and are ready to cut.
I will do my customary "harvest when dark" as to not harvest after they have up-taken all their fluids.They just miss their last "daylight" period , is all. Anyhow , gotta book,...cheers mason and gang...wherever you are...:love:

hey 36G, glad ya got to see the BH stuff. When i started up-loading pics , it said i had 96....holy crap brotha,...i'm still tired from that day!
For one run , in my bags,...between 3 and 4 ounces . TBH 36, sometimes i wish i had the 20 gal. set. They are the ticket. You use a washer that looks like mine but it's huge, and for the pales you use garbage cans. I watched a few vids of Bubbleman using them in the bush...in Jamaica...pretty cool vid . 36, get the big set if ya don't wanna spend all day at it.Those bags on my floor were all my HB crops. It took me a long time ...especially stopping to take pics. Anyhow cheers bud.:high-five:

Thanks for all the great info duggs, I'm gonna get some 20g bags. I have a big clothes washer I think I'll fab up, i'm excited I caught your tutorial. 96 pics, that sounds rough, I have a hard enough time picking through 20.

Are the Lanny's one of the long time kit growers creations?

I found an unopened bottle of cationic root drench the other day, everything else got used up over time.

Thanks for the knowledge Duggs. Always learning new things from you brotha!
I'm still learning loads too Noob,...but thanks my friend!

Thanks for all the great info duggs, I'm gonna get some 20g bags. I have a big clothes washer I think I'll fab up, i'm excited I caught your tutorial. 96 pics, that sounds rough, I have a hard enough time picking through 20.

Are the Lanny's one of the long time kit growers creations?

I found an unopened bottle of cationic root drench the other day, everything else got used up over time.

Ya, great choice 36G, get the 20 gal. set. Just one thing though bud....don't fall into the trap of going for quantity, while making BH,....it's best to only mix it for a few min's....that way only the mature , filled , and heavy heads are caught! More chance of "full melt" that way. Please let me know how it goes would ya and what bags you decide to get of the 20's.
About the Lanny's...yes they are from Gov's. and Zigg's making fem beans thread. Very special #2 pheno of them. Cheers eh....:Namaste:

Made me laugh right out loud masonman! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Been there, done that. Hahaha!

Those last two weeks are amazing to watch. Duggan was the one who finally got me to pay attention to that reality, and I never regretted waiting. With kit-grown plants you almost have to be tuned into the plants, because most often they aren't going to go amber, so you watch for subtle clues like complete pistil change and withdrawal or a sharp drop in water uptake, but mostly you watch every day to see if they stopped beefing up. It always takes longer than my impatient spirit planned on. :laughtwo:

Good morning professor Duggan. :love: :hug: :love:

Made me laugh right out loud masonman! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Been there, done that. Hahaha!

Those last two weeks are amazing to watch. Duggan was the one who finally got me to pay attention to that reality, and I never regretted waiting. With kit-grown plants you almost have to be tuned into the plants, because most often they aren't going to go amber, so you watch for subtle clues like complete pistil change and withdrawal or a sharp drop in water uptake, but mostly you watch every day to see if they stopped beefing up. It always takes longer than my impatient spirit planned on. :laughtwo:

Good morning professor Duggan. :love: :hug: :love:
Good call Sue...ya sometimes with our "Kit" plants , waiting for them to finish takes what seems like forever. One thing to watch for , as you said are the calyx's and pistils....once water uptake slows considerably and pistils are MOSTLY receded back to the calyx and have turned all golden or brown....this is when to chop....resin glands will have filled and matured at this point and chopping is in order. Have a great day all my brothas and sista's....thanks for the kind words SS :Namaste:....and oh ya ..some of my buddies call me the professor too...just cuz of the Bubblehash thing I guess. Cheers eh....

Ya, great choice 36G, get the 20 gal. set. Just one thing though bud....don't fall into the trap of going for quantity, while making BH,....it's best to only mix it for a few min's....that way only the mature , filled , and heavy heads are caught! More chance of "full melt" that way. Please let me know how it goes would ya and what bags you decide to get of the 20's.
About the Lanny's...yes they are from Gov's. and Zigg's making fem beans thread. Very special #2 pheno of them. Cheers eh....:Namaste:

I totally get the point about quality over quantity but here is just a thought.. Why not do as you say only mix for a few minutes, do the run keep it separate for yourself, then after you finish mix it again and do a second run which you could give to someone who is not so lucky as you to be able to grow their own. Granted it will not be the top shelf like what you are keeping for yourself but my guess is if you gave someone who could not afford meds they would not bitch about it not being top shelf.
Like I said it is just a thought but I hate to see any meds go to waste, plus since I give most of my grow away anyway, I have yet to have anyone complain that it was not top shelf, in fact everyone has been super pleased to get what they got even if it was the popcorn buds or as I call it the Wardens Cut. Waste not, want not has always been a good motto in my book.

PS-
Apparently Major Pita has some concerns about my security on my outside grow, if possible would you mind checking it out and offer any suggestions. Presently I am using the early warning alarm system (my chickens) along with my deterrence system (1 cat and 2 kittens with really sharp claws) Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and most likely followed!

I wondered about the leaf matter left over from a bubble run, too. :hmmmm:

My first time, I felt that I'd packed too much into the bag, so when I finished I squeezed it out and stuck it back in the freezer, and used it for ice for another run the next day. :slide: That second run had hardly anything in the 160u bag. :hmmmm:

I also realized that I can wash my trim during a bubble run. :cheesygrinsmiley: I can just pull the bags from the pail in one piece, dump the water, put the bags back in and run some more fresh cold water through the bags. The second water is nice and clear. :cheesygrinsmiley:

What is the leftover stuff worth, Duggan? You must have decided it isn't worth it to you ... :hmmmm:

I totally get the point about quality over quantity but here is just a thought.. Why not do as you say only mix for a few minutes, do the run keep it separate for yourself, then after you finish mix it again and do a second run which you could give to someone who is not so lucky as you to be able to grow their own. Granted it will not be the top shelf like what you are keeping for yourself but my guess is if you gave someone who could not afford meds they would not bitch about it not being top shelf.
Like I said it is just a thought but I hate to see any meds go to waste, plus since I give most of my grow away anyway, I have yet to have anyone complain that it was not top shelf, in fact everyone has been super pleased to get what they got even if it was the popcorn buds or as I call it the Wardens Cut. Waste not, want not has always been a good motto in my book.

PS-
Apparently Major Pita has some concerns about my security on my outside grow, if possible would you mind checking it out and offer any suggestions. Presently I am using the early warning alarm system (my chickens) along with my deterrence system (1 cat and 2 kittens with really sharp claws) Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and most likely followed!
Hey OG...you have a very good point my friend! I suppose i could do just as you said , but it's a lot of work too , remember. I do give a lot of my BH away too. In the early days , i used to mix for longer and found the quality dropped too much for me , so that's when i started mixing for only a few minutes and started getting "full melt" hash....what my goal was, so i haven't looked back really, but thanks for the reminder OG....i should prolly spread it around among st my friends i guess....thanks . Cheers eh!
I wondered about the leaf matter left over from a bubble run, too. :hmmmm:

My first time, I felt that I'd packed too much into the bag, so when I finished I squeezed it out and stuck it back in the freezer, and used it for ice for another run the next day. :slide: That second run had hardly anything in the 160u bag. :hmmmm:

I also realized that I can wash my trim during a bubble run. :cheesygrinsmiley: I can just pull the bags from the pail in one piece, dump the water, put the bags back in and run some more fresh cold water through the bags. The second water is nice and clear. :cheesygrinsmiley:

What is the leftover stuff worth, Duggan? You must have decided it isn't worth it to you ... :hmmmm:

Hey Gray....ya with the stuff that's left in the mixing bag (raw mat'l.). One time (in band camp....:)) our guy showed up with two very large bags of moldy colas and buds to run thru the bags...there was prolly about 15-20 pounds of very wet , moldy bud....what we wound up doing was running it thru three times and there was still resin left after , cuz we tried a fourth on a bag and still got some but we ran out of time. We saved all the stuff for another day.....so ya...depending on the quality of your raw mat'l....yes for sure , run it thru a second or even third time to get it all, but only run the mix for a short time still, otherwise it just gets beat up too badly and ya start getting too much plant matter(NOT GOOD!) in the hash. About the water too....it looks like it still has resin in it cuz of the color....it does not. I , however sometimes reuse that water though , cuz it's very cold and unless you have access to ice cold water , sometimes it helps to start off with already really cold stuff as to not burn thru last bags of ice ....know what i mean pal! It's a lil funky looking but it's very clean and very , very cold and that's what we want....the colder , the better...the gland heads get really brittle then and are easily broken away from the green! cheers my friend!:high-five::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom