Graytail's 3rd: 4x4, HiBrix, Latest LED Tech, Lots Of Light!

Yeah, someone needs to sequence it. Imagine being able to find the genes that control terpene production. :slide:

I wish we could do that, I would revert a strain back to that 90's full pine tree flavor, I sure miss those Piney strains from that area :)

I wish we could do that, I would revert a strain back to that 90's full pine tree flavor, I sure miss those Piney strains from that area :)

Hey Icemud! :) some landrace sativas from ACE have pine terpenes.. :)

I was just going to say - my Panama had strong pine terps. They were actually more cedar than pine, but Ace Panama is known for pine. :cheesygrinsmiley: And it's very authentic. It's the Panama Red high that I remember from the old days - goofey, stony high with munchies - like Cheech and Chong, y'knowwww maaaaannn? :laughtwo:

It's update Monday! :slide:

Ambient humidity dropped like a rock this week, so the plants in veg have slowed way down. Seven plants have had the luxury of sharing the bloom room this past week instead of the 8-9 it would have been. But Chan1 should be ready this week and Tikal2 is showing no signs of wanting to finish, so everything works out. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here's Tikal2 at 11 weeks in bloom, chugging along steadily. It'll be fun to see how long it goes. I gave it a Cat Drench last feeding and the strawberry smell really ramped up and is going more cherry - losing some citrus.

Tikal2 - 189 days old - 77 days 12/12 - 65 since pistils

DSCN97622.JPG

DSCN9763.JPG

DSCN9766.JPG

DSCN9767.JPG

DSCN97711.JPG

Rio1 will be next after Tikal (I hope :cheesygrinsmiley:). She's looking darned good with 3 weeks to go.

RioCut1 - 131 days old - 49 days 12/12 - 39 since pistils
DSCN97721.JPG

DSCN9773.JPG

DSCN97743.JPG

DSCN9775.JPG

DSCN97772.JPG

CarnB comes a week later. She got her first Cat today.

CarnivalB - 127 days old - 42 days 12/12 - 32 since pistils
DSCN9779.JPG

DSCN9780.JPG

DSCN97811.JPG

DSCN97831.JPG

DSCN9785.JPG

Grin1 is a tall thing but she doesn't look very full. I think the stretch is pretty much finished so we'll see how well she fills out.

DrGrinspoonCut1 - 102 days old - 32 days 12/12 - 22 since pistils
DSCN9786.JPG

DSCN97871.JPG

DSCN97882.JPG

DSCN97892.JPG

Taskenti looks done too but she has plenty of tops. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Taskenti - 107 days old - 21 days 12/12 - 11 since pistils
DSCN97922.JPG

DSCN97934.JPG

DSCN97945.JPG

DSCN97961.JPG

Grieg1 is looking particularly thick, as well as hosting a japanese beetle today. :laughtwo:

YGriegaCut1 - 102 days old - 21 days 12/12 - 11 since pistils
DSCN97971.JPG

DSCN97981.JPG

DSCN97993.JPG

DSCN98012.JPG

Rio1 is still suffering, partly because I didn't do anything to help. Today I decided to do something counter intuitive - I gave it a double dose of Transplant/Tea - 8ml. I think it's a soil problem.

RioCut2 - 131 days old - 13 days 12/12 - 3 since pistils
DSCN9802.JPG

DSCN98031.JPG

DSCN98043.JPG

DSCN98052.JPG

Here's Chan1 almost ready for bloom.

Channel+Cut1 - 83 days old
DSCN98063.JPG

DSCN98074.JPG

DSCN98081.JPG

We just saw Freddy's Best in the earlier post about topping - she's 90 days old. This is Grin2 at 28 days

DSCN9809.JPG

In the back, CarnB at 58 days and CarnA at 102 days. In front, another CarnB at 58 days and Rio3 at 48 days.

DSCN98101.JPG

:Namaste:

Keep up the great "work". I love the look of that carnival. I really need to try that one. After I get these OG grows out of my system.:)

I hope to get on your level of growing one day. Looks like a lot more work and time, but it sure is a fun hobby.

But sheesh, it's so obsessive! When your hobby is all intertwined with your high, your brain wants you to pay more attention to your hobby, :laughtwo:

But you know what? What keeps me at it, is knowing I'm producing some of the best cannabis a person can obtain. :slide: And I'm pretty sure I can do better.

Keep up the great "work". I love the look of that carnival. I really need to try that one. After I get these OG grows out of my system.:)

You have to try Carnival! Not an hour ago I was looking at OGs - that Ghost Haze looks inviting - but I have to get these pure sativas out of my system first. :laughtwo: I keep wanting colorful and fruity strains with hard dense buds, but ... I'm stuck on these sativas.

Hey GT, stunning update as usual :thumb:

did you drop the lady bug in there to keep your garden clean or did she just show up :laughtwo:

I recently saw it described that way, and I liked the term. :cheesygrinsmiley: I've grown a few plants with triple nodes, and when they go alternate they look like a spiral up the stem. They usually go normal by the time they get into bloom, though. How old is yours?
I have always heard it called trifoliate or whorled phlyotaxy. But a whorl is a spiral so it all works. Mine are still trifoliate on the HK3 and AO1 in flower so I will take pics next update to show them off.

GT I am seeing white springtail-like or aphid-like buggers in your new pics and don't remember where you mentioned them before. Are they always present or a new guest?

Edit: looking back I see they are whiteflies.

Another excellent update, Gray! :thumb:
I love the looks of your Carnival. After seeing yours and Sweet Sue's plants, I'd love to be able grow her.
I'm surprised Carn B just got her first Cat. You seem to wait later than most. She is so full I expected she already had both of her Catfood. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I need to figure out how you guys get those baseball bat colas. I already grow more than I can consume, but I still want to raise the bar for my grows.

:adore:

Hey GT, stunning update as usual :thumb:

did you drop the lady bug in there to keep your garden clean or did she just show up :laughtwo:

They show up in the fall, trying to find a warm place to spend the winter. When I find one, I scoop it up and put it in the room. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's been a couple weeks since I found the last one, so I was delighted to find one that seems happy and at home. I sure have plenty of food available! :laughtwo:

GT, amazing updates on your beautiful girls. :high-five:

:thanks::high-five:

I have always heard it called trifoliate or whorled phlyotaxy. But a whorl is a spiral so it all works. Mine are still trifoliate on the HK3 and AO1 in flower so I will take pics next update to show them off.

GT I am seeing white springtail-like or aphid-like buggers in your new pics and don't remember where you mentioned them before. Are they always present or a new guest?

Edit: looking back I see they are whiteflies.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. :straightface: They thrive in dry air.

Another excellent update, Gray! :thumb:
I love the looks of your Carnival. After seeing yours and Sweet Sue's plants, I'd love to be able grow her.
I'm surprised Carn B just got her first Cat. You seem to wait later than most. She is so full I expected she already had both of her Catfood. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I need to figure out how you guys get those baseball bat colas. I already grow more than I can consume, but I still want to raise the bar for my grows.

:adore:

I was surprised, too! :laughtwo: I hadn't drenched CarnB yet? :hmmmm: I tol' y'all I was a careless grower!

I think the larger colas are from the amount of light I'm running. I had the same envy you had when I was running my 600W hps or the 540W LED. With this 1000+ watts I'm getting denser buds and heavier colas.

:thumb:

Vacationing is screwing with my normal scheduling. I finally got time to check in on you. :straightface: :laughtwo:

I'm so impressed with how much bigger this year's crops are Graytail. Bigger in every way, broader, taller, thicker, frostier. Amazing to watch unfold. It's definitely your lights, no doubt about that. As I was reading your comments on Tikal it made me think of fruit cocktail. LOL! So you have one fruity plant going. Face it, you love the style and the buzz of the sativas. :laughtwo:

Your Carnival is breathtaking and made me a little homesick, to be honest. I could smell it from memory. All you guys thinking about growing one - just do it. You won't regret it, unless you really don't care for extraordinary growth and exemplary highs, that is. What a quality buzz. Being away from mine means it'll be cured by the time I get home, because if I were there I'd be smoking right through it.

Thanks, Graytail. That helped. This deprivation is maddening. Nothing to grow, nothing to smoke. Awk!!! At least I get to appreciate seeing the grows of my friends. Man! Those white flies love you, don't they? Do they damage the plants or are they just an intolerable nuisance? They're a good argument for bud washing, eh? Calling all ladybugs! Head to Graytail's pronto!!!

That Carnival look so sick would like to get a nose of it.
I am at day 26 and 50 and never had a more fruity haze smell with a good but frightening potent spike in the nose.

That Carnival look so sick would like to get a nose of it.
I am at day 26 and 50 and never had a more fruity haze smell with a good but frightening potent spike in the nose.

Ain't it great? :laughtwo: I loved opening the tent. She sat right in the doorway and hit you immediately.

Back
Top Bottom