Light Addict Tries To Get Grafting - Target Of One Mom With 15 Strains!

I would wonder myself what the importance of really snugly affixing the new branch onto the root stock male is.

I just damaged a branch on one of my plants and used clear packing tape and plant wire to re-bind them together.

Unfortunately they just would not grab onto each other so I lost the branch :(

Also, subbed. This sounds awesome!

and holler, i'm loving the info about tissue culture. You have me drooling over ideas about mass plant propagation in the manner that you described.

Hey L.A.! Just one more thought then I promise I will fade back in the wood work and just watch you have fun. I don't want to make this become work for you. But...I had another fun idea for you to try at the same time. Since you are constantly using your tweezers to remove growing points on your plants. Have you thought about trying to transplant one of those removed nodes some where else on the stem where you may want it to be. I have done this again with apples. You would be the first that I have heard trying it on weed. All you would do is is to use a razor knife to cut the unwanted growing tip off instead tweezers. Then use the same knife to slit a portion of the stem where you want the node to be. most of the time you want to make a small "T" shaped cut. Then use the razor to gently peel back the corners of the tee and open up the slit. Do this before you cut your node off. The plant will of course begin emit some juice out of this incision. This is good it will help seal and keep moist your transplant. Then angle cut your node and gently slip it into this slit with the cut side against the stem. Now push the skin firmly back over the stem end of your node. Use your plumbers tape to firmly hold it in place. It should callus and begin to grow in it's new home. Oh my Gosh! I can't wait to see what kind of plants you will be turning in once you master this! You can put growing points exactly where you want them. Just give me a footnote in your next Plant of the Year award! Ha! I know my mind is over doing this but it has been fun for me while I have been iced in. I promise to shut up now and just enjoy the show. Best of luck in all you grow my friend!

Oh my Gosh! I can't wait to see what kind of plants you will be turning in once you master this! You can put growing points exactly where you want them. Just give me a footnote in your next Plant of the Year award!

Man you are dropping some prime knowledge in here.

I'm imagining a frankenstein plant that is first fluxed into a flat wide canopy and then spliced with as many extra nodes required to populate the canopy... A multi-strained canopy of nuggety goodness...

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

My biggest hurdle with grafting, and the reason I haven't done a bunch more yet, is finding plants that have more or less the same feeding requirements and flowering times. Of course, these two issues are not much of a problem in the veg phase and you could easily keep a mother frankenplant happy. In my case I want to flower the things and can't find many compatible strains among the mix of oddballs I have growing.

My biggest hurdle with grafting, and the reason I haven't done a bunch more yet, is finding plants that have more or less the same feeding requirements and flowering times. Of course, these two issues are not much of a problem in the veg phase and you could easily keep a mother frankenplant happy. In my case I want to flower the things and can't find many compatible strains among the mix of oddballs I have growing.

It maybe that in some cases you don't have to worry about it. Normally I would say that you should just stay within species. But I am going to be interested to see what impact grafting upon a male rootstock might have upon male flower development. Often times one would look for disease resistence, yield improvement size and frame and even ripening schedules to be influenced by rootstock. For instance and again I will use fruit trees since I have planted and maintained many apple, pear, plum and peach trees during my life. The entire frame of a tree, can be decided by rootstock. That's why we can buy standard, semi dwarf and dwarf fruit trees. All those things previously mentioned can be affected by rootstock. They are finding huge benefits from doing entire rootstock grafts in tomatoes. So this should be a lot of fun to see what Professor Light Addict can bring forth from his lab tent of tricks! Best of luck in all you grow!

( I really will try to shut up now but I am going cabin fever crazy. We had 5 inches of snow followed by 3 inches of rain. We have been stuck in the hotel for almost a week and we are about 3 days worth of work from being out at the new homestead permanently.I have now lived in the city for 90 days which is about 87 days too long! So L. A. I thank you for this diversion.)

Latin of course my friend, I'm gonna post as much detail as I can whether its a epic fail or a success! :)

Liar! I bet you are pulling our chain. You've probably never grown pot at all.......... :)

Welcome one and all! :)

Latin my friend, if you post in a thread your subscribed :)

So for any unsure I'm going to be taking limbs of differing strains and cutting em off their plant and the attaching them all back onto just the one other plant! The base for all the new grafted limbs is what we call a root stock. Im using an old male plant I just have to happen laying about :). Then once I've got the process down I'll zero in on my top strains and find best phenos and then I'll graft myself another mom with say min of 6 strains to permanently clone off and be happy!
Although Latin to be honest they're really ain't a reason I'm doing this other then I get bored easily and haven't seen it done on 420 yet. To me it makes no odds on numbers yet some folks in US are number set so this could aid there! :)

High again LA! Id love to see a plant with 6 or so really beasty strains on 1 single plant! Lmao.....once you get it stabilized & femanised I want seeds! Hahahaha I CALL FUTURE SHOTGUN!! :thumb: :volcano-smiley:

Morning folks :) well I've 3 more days at work left and hopefully my male stock will be back in veg sufficiently to get going on grafting! ;)

DSC_0651-13.JPG

Back
Top Bottom