Light Addict's Last Thread

Yes I apologize I missed the photo memo it was only for your reference but you did a kick ass job visualizing what I was saying! I like the idea of HUBs! I'm thinking we all sneak in while your away and just post our assumptions waiting for you to come and whip us back into shape.

Wanna thanks Teddy Edwards for the help getting those down.

Hey folks! :)

So I'll answer questions tomoz :)

I just needed to share some news! Today my missus had a belated first scan, concerning our little bubba. Well we had a baby on the way before, but unfortunately there was no life capacity! Due to the skull not forming correctly. We were told there was a high percentage of a chance it may happen again... Well today we got the thumbs up! :) :) my little sprogladite is happy and healthy!

Soz for the disruption from normal service! My Dad is half dead and my mom has lost her marbles, so your all the family I have to tell :)

Wow. Fun!
I'm amazed you hit the dance floor for a second turn after what I'm sure was a heart tearing first turn. My hat's off to you two!

I give this advice to new parents often in hopes that they can appreciate it many years from now...
New parents tend to be young and, as such, somewhat inexperienced with some of the nuances this life has to offer.
Always remember... you're in the trenches. Those trenches are filled with many samples of bodily fluids (oh so many!), 6hr crying fests, and bits of food everywhere! These challenges will draw you all very close to each other. Many beautiful moments will bloom... moments that, if you had a moment to really think about them, would just bring your soul to tears a bit with joy.
Later in life you'll not be in those trenches and those moments will dwindle in their regularity.... becoming very rare treasures.
I really enjoy those treasures over the years and only wish I had collected more of them from those trenches of dirty diapers and neglected bottles.
You two be sure to try to optimize your collection techniques using whatever methods work best for you.

Oh... and it's a good thing the grandparents are checked out... they'd be smackin ya round for calling their grandchild a 'Sprogladite'. Sorry.... as a grandparent myself, I felt the need to stand for those that couldn't.

But that's why I'm here... tho is does form a small bit of joy for me to pass those ideas along.
I have light issues! Not bad issues.... great issues to have actually, but issues none the less.
Who does one touch base with when having light issues..... why a Light Addict of course. Care to lend a neuron? I suspect the answer is 'sure' so I'll prattle on more...

The Crime
Someone has rained too many lights into my world and I just can't quite seem to work out the best way to employ it all. Such a horrible and vicious crime!

The Scene
Bloom and Veg areas in a very warm (but handled) world.
Bloom ~20sqft
Veg ~7sqft

The Usual Suspects
1x 1000w dimable HPS
1x 400w HPS
3x Mars300s
1x Advanced XML350 LED
Lots of random flouro

Investigation status:

I'm currently planning to use the XML350 along side the 400w HPS in the bloom room.
The veg room will get 2x Mars300s with flouro add ins.

Got any investigative input? I can see doing this dance MANY different ways... but just can't seem to settle on the perfect tune to dance to.

P.S. Sorry for the book of a post.

Tead :)

OK so let's talk light :)

First off we take care of flower as then veg will take care of itself. So with the larger area you won't want a 400hps, not the power or spread to be worth its inclusion. First choice is the 1000w dimmable! Simply as its dimmable! :) it'll give you options still, once set up. Then we won't need any more HP's in flower! So I'd then also take care of side lighting in flower using some flouro (under used in my opinion) This will dictate what flouro you have left for veg! Then I'd use 2 Mars either side of the 1000HP's slightly angled.
This will then give you what's left for veg :) I'd simply use left flouro for seedlings, then you have the ability to tailor veg lighting with a xml350 a Mars and your 400 HP's
HPS is under used in veg! Utilize it for a week or so at end of veg and it'll boost the plant structure no end :)

Hope that helps my friend :)

I gotcha... thanks tons.
Let's dive a touch deeper into the bloom room options and lemme crack my head and expose some thought processes running in the background.

The HPS running at 100% (what the hell is the 'super' setting on this crazy ballast?!?!) should be pumping out about 150,000 lumens.
The XML 350 doesn't report a lumen output or anything else I can use to balance the scales... tho one might get there by counting the LEDs and doing some math.
A really cheap light meter I have hanging around maxes out at the same distance from both lights. This would lead me to think that these 2 lights are somewhat equivalent in their output.

A conclusion a logical mind might make is that I'd be better off utilizing the XML 350 as it's power use is much less than the HPS and it's light frequencies are specifically tuned for efficient energy delivery to the plants. Of course, logic can be a touch of a bad thing when dealing with things of a biological nature.

Thoughts?

Oh... what ever happened with those crazy strip/bubble lights? I see an LED lighting option in the store that looks like a 1'/1' square of light and wondering if it's those crazy little bubbles on some substrate.

Congrats on your bundle of joy. It will deff change your life for the better. As for the posting of pics on your journal. I'd like to post a couple of them of the replanted flux I'm working on. It seems to me like it will be MY work of flux art. Just need to know if I should be doing anything else.
By the way I found that when I'm cooking my CO2 levels go off the charts. Free CO2.:circle-of-love:

Hey folks! :)

So I'll answer questions tomoz :)

I just needed to share some news! Today my missus had a belated first scan, concerning our little bubba. Well we had a baby on the way before, but unfortunately there was no life capacity! Due to the skull not forming correctly. We were told there was a high percentage of a chance it may happen again... Well today we got the thumbs up! :) :) my little sprogladite is happy and healthy!

Soz for the disruption from normal service! My Dad is half dead and my mom has lost her marbles, so your all the family I have to tell :)

Congrats brother, its a true blessing and will definitely change your life!
:thumb:

Thanks one and all :)

So let's talk about me grow :) So my first baby Northern Cheese Haze auto by Mephisto got munched by one of my cats lol so I dropped another, that's now sprouted.

As far as my babies for my big Grafted project, all 12 little ones are up and at em! :)

Veg area is crowded to say the least, so can't wait for flower to finish up! I've only got a cpl of weeks till that spot is gone for good and I'm back in normal premises. This next run will be done using a new nutrient line! I'm gonna be running a certain brand who ain't a sponsor, so we will just call it "premium" I won't be talking on it, just using it for your viewing pleasure!

Veg spot
IMAG5801.jpg

Some plant training
IMG_20170508_153149_819.jpg
IMG_20170513_114033_374.jpg
IMG_20170513_114033_379.jpg

C99 flux
IMAG58871.jpg
IMAG58861.jpg

Flower spot before first B dog removed
IMAG5852.jpg

First B dog done! Not impressed with the yield on this one. A short flower pheno at 40 days and done, full stop just quit... She was a big plant with great structure, but then stretched and did shag all :( I tried me some quick dried bud of her though and was simply stunned by her terp profile and strength...! Not one for production, yet a keeper for quality!?!
IMAG59191.jpg
IMAG59093.jpg

Flower spot once that ones removed
IMAG59322.jpg
IMAG59271.jpg

Best of buds one and all

Lovely and a C99 Flux OMG am I a jealous guy I really like the C99 :cheer:
I bet your cats are healthy as I was reading even very young plants make great meds in fact a Ganja seedling just popped has as much a 70% medical properties :)
Looks like you is swimmind along very nice colors in that black dawg :high-five:

Man LA, I cannot wait to start fluxing my 1 Cookies Kush seedling. I love the idea of manipulating these plants, I feel more involved. I'll be using garden staples to keep her horizontal.

Kudos!

Yooooo. L. A. How you doin my brother from another mother. Whats new in your life bub. :volcano-smiley:

Hey Scottay :)

Things be interesting this end :) busy as a bumble bee lol.

Just enjoying my life on a level I'm not really used to lol. Bubba on the way, writing canna articles for a few publications, no more 9-5 :)
Then as said before were moving to Spain in the new year! Where i'll be growing professionally for myself, but under the banner of a big name. Then shortly I'll be getting to the testing stage of my own grow aid product :)
So a few things on the boil at the moment :) How's things with you me old pal??

Hey folks! Well today I want to announce my total retiring from all future comps here at 420! Maybe even me leaving 420 behind for good!!
I love this place, yet the sponsors here have yet again put my entire world in jeopardy! I've had another package sent out to me with totally in appropriate labelling. Basically this has now happened 3 times, yet this one is simply untrue on stupidity levels.
So I may loose everything I've worked for for years! I can't stop as everything is so critical at the moment for my future plans in life! So Ive a kid on the way and maybe stand to have all wrecked by some dumb sponsor!

I'm so angry it's insane! Let down is an understatement!

Back
Top Bottom