Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

GH #2 Update: Topped Blueberry and Northern Soul last week...

GH #3 Update:

Highya BH,

I got started late this year. And my ladies are the same size as yours. Were you a little late, for you? Yeah, they look nice, though. They'll produce some nice buddage if we get some more sun!
It always made me a little nervous to cut a hole in the roof, too. Such a pretty sight as the fire in a wood stove! Makes your cabin so "homey". And the two man crosscut saw. Have you ever used one of those? I never did. Never even saw anyone use it. They must have been tougher, back then. Oh well, have a great week. Cheers

I got started late this year. And my ladies are the same size as yours. Were you a little late, for you? Yeah, they look nice, though. They'll produce some nice buddage if we get some more sun!
It always made me a little nervous to cut a hole in the roof, too. Such a pretty sight as the fire in a wood stove! Makes your cabin so "homey". And the two man crosscut saw. Have you ever used one of those? I never did. Never even saw anyone use it. They must have been tougher, back then. Oh well, have a great week. Cheers
I started later because all my plants got too big last year...they look small now, but they have 6-8 weeks of solid veg and that is plenty...I'm topping all of them and training to try to keep them under 8'. Yesterday definitely felt like the first day of summer and I have a feeling we'll be missing all this cool, rainy weather soon enough!

The crosscut saw is just too cool. Not many companies make them anymore, and this one is from England. We have so much fallen timber adjacent to our farm, and a lot of it is 16"+ diameter. If you have a solid partner a crosscut will go right through that...and you can have a little chat while your doing it :)

I measured 3-4x before I cut and still almost made a serious flub...luckily it all went to plan and that's off my list. The initial fire up cured the paint on the stove so I had all the windows open...she gave off some nice heat. And, yes, there is no beating the charm and coziness of a fire.
Tent caterpillar volume way down from last 2 years. How is it there?
Our property is fine but I think about a half mile away they got what we did last year...you can see the denuded trees from the road...

Not sure what's more impressive Blew, your plants or your cabin! :jawdropper::adore::bravo::welldone::passitleft::ganjamon:

That's what we use.....of course Ms Stank had to get two out of me with tweezers yesterday. None today so far!
I used to use tweezers, until my stepdaughter showed me the oil method. If it can’t breath, it will back itself out. Any oil that’s thick enough . Works really good !!

I am kicking myself for not building this years ago...the vermicomposting outhouse is just a pleasure to use...zero stink. The metal can has a mixture of wood shavings and compost. Drop a scoop on the poop and the worms go to work...
View media item 1689473

Wow, you have an all-natural solution to the messy smelly outhouse!! I was looking for this solution at one time, in days past. Just glad to know it works. And it's moveable. How convenient! Great workmanship! Cheers

Wow, you have an all-natural solution to the messy smelly outhouse!! I was looking for this solution at one time, in days past. Just glad to know it works. And it's moveable. How convenient! Great workmanship! Cheers
It wouldn't work through the winter because the worms would die, but for 6 months it should work great!

Did you screw this baby to the wall?
Yes...I bought the wall mount and the stainless shelf/shield from the manufacturer...they fabricate all of it in their workshop in Quebec and the craftsmanship is superb...and since it is in CAN$ is was that much cheaper :)
Good going Blew! This is your year with the changes you're making, things are going to be even better than last year for sure. The edge of manageability works for me. I think you're on it this year!
I am feeling good with their progress..I know the plants will be plenty big and right now I need to spend time on other projects...so it's all good.

It wouldn't work through the winter because the worms would die, but for 6 months it should work great!
Ah, I thought it served your cabins. Or, do you have guests through the winter? That would be cool!

Ah, I thought it served your cabins. Or, do you have guests through the winter? That would be cool!
The outhouse is for the Cabin, and we only rent that 6-8 months a year (still tbd)...the outhouse will serve it well.

This will be the first winter with the Cabin finished so I am interested to see how easily we can heat it with the stove...it will likely work, just inefficiently. The Cottage is a 4-season structure and we use it for friends and family in the winter.

It rained really hard last night....not just a lot, but hard. Made me really appreciate that all my young plants were covered and not getting pounded. I need to ask local outdoor growers how their plants are managing, as I know they mostly put them out June 1 and this month has been a lot of rain....which is great for field crops, just not so much for cannabis seedlings!

Back
Top Bottom