Sponsored Grow: Krip Keepers Frost Fest Featuring Mars SP-250 In Mars 4' x 4' Tent

Hey brother Krip! Neat setup and top quality genetics, the moms look great and I’m sure they’re gonna explode with growth in their new home! This is gonna be one frosty grow. :rollit:
I’ve had my eye on the SP-250 as I’d like to move away from HPS soon, so I’m looking forward to seeing how the lights do for you.

That SP-250 is a pretty impressive light, @SmokeSara . I've seen a lot of grows using it, and they look great! Very good efficacy numbers, too. How much does one cost?
Hi Graytail one light is only 259.99USD, and you can use coupon code: 420magazine to save 3% on our official website ;) One can cover 2x4 area very well, and very cost effective. :D

VEGGING UNDER THE SP-250

The plants are all very happy vegging under the SP-250 but it doesn't take much light to veg the plants and the real test will be when we flip to flower. That being said I am seeing extremely fast growth with these plants although I don't know how much is due to the light and how much is due to them "exploding" after being confined in their bonsai containers and now allowed to spread their roots in the #1's.

Here are a couple shots of the plants vegging under the SP-250:

And here are some shots of the individual plants along with the stalks on each of them. I probably should have had something else in the pic for size reference, but each of these stalks are already about 1/2" in diameter.

Here's the Blackwater:

Next is Platinum Cake that just got a trim today to help her branch out a little more:

This one is the Platinum Kush Breath:

And, then we have the two Dolatos:

Finally, here are some pics of the SP-250 in action:

I'm gonna wait another week before I up-pot these girls to their final containers.

Happy Harvests!

K

I know right?! Those plants look so beautiful. Post like these get me excited about my future with growing. I'm so glad I finally started. Next year I will start from seed! And hopefully get some beautiful gals like this.

Awesome photos

Looking at your photos of the lights
I can only see 1 DEEP BLUE led on each side ? Does it only look that way in the pictures ?
any Idea what spectrum that Beep Blue is and how may there are ?
Just a guess but actinic or deep blue is around 10,000k. It's used for salt water aquariums a lot for corals.

Awesome photos

Looking at your photos of the lights
I can only see 1 DEEP BLUE led on each side ? Does it only look that way in the pictures ?
any Idea what spectrum that Beep Blue is and how may there are ?
I think there's actually two on each side. Both on the inside row, two at the top on one side and two at the bottom on the other side. It's better seen in this picture:

product%2Flarge%2F3ba2bd5fb99dc732e8486141e4fec06c.jpg

Also, if you check out the spectrum chart, it seems very high in blues:

product%2Flarge%2Fe71b354b1d1378cceb5eb5e5a03ad869.jpg

The chart pretty much shows this, but here's what they publish on their website for the spectrum:

380~410nm, 650~660nm, 730~740nm, 3000~3200k, 6000~6500k

(the 3000-3200k also provides blues but this and the 6000-6500k are outside of PAR range which is why they're not part of the chart! ;) )

So, I'd say something like 380nm? Perhaps @SmokeSara can comment on the specific wavelength and or has some chip distribution diagram?

I think there's actually two on each side. Both on the inside row, two at the top on one side and two at the bottom on the other side. It's better seen in this picture:

So, I'd say something like 380nm? Perhaps @SmokeSara can comment on the specific wavelength and or has some chip distribution diagram?

Thanks I was curious what spectrum they felt was only needed in such a small amount ?
I bet @SmokeSara will be able to offer some insight.

New growth is looking promising for sure! :slide:

Thanks, Brother!

The actual power draw should be about 245 w +/- 5%. I haven't hooked it up to a KillaWatt to test. Sorry about your journal but, yeah, you do need to make sure you're doing a sponsored grow for an actual sponsor. :laugh:

Here are the approximate dates each of those mothers popped:

Blackwater - 9/1/2018
Dolato #1 - 9/20/2018
Dolato #2 - 11/20/2018
Platinum Kush Breath - 12/29/2018
Platinum Cake - 12/29/2018

I know right lol. I thought i was good considering i won there xmas promo giveaway on here threw them last year. But i didnt realize tht might need to renew it each year or sumthn idk but yea oh well atleast i got some beans out of it lol. An im sure there will always be other options to do another sponsored journal for someone down the line lol. An oh shit thts kool that blackwater popped jus 2days b4 my bday lol. But yea man im sure ur guna kill this round an dont need the luck but gud luck l ol l. Off to finish catchn up i fell a page behind.

"Too much"........bahh....lol.

Lmao :rofl::rofl: of course u wud comment about to much light. Considering u got enough light to power the vegas strip on new years no wonder ur like to much dont exist lmao. Guna have to pop over into ur gardens next an catch up im sure im alil behind in urs as well. Shity weather where im at the past few days took down a tower so internet an fones have been dwn an cells been acting up but still kinda working. So i havnt been on as much since it takes about 3 min to switch to the next page of a journal an even longer if i wana see the actual pictures lol. but still tryn to atleast get caught up in a few journals atleast. Anyway hope its going good brother an ill see u later at ur garden but untill then take a poof and hit some of this afrodite pineapple express mix i rolled up :passitleft: Man they need a cheesy poof emoticon lmao that wud be great or 2 smileys passn a bag of poofs :rofl:. But yea man with almost a month cure this afrodite an pineapple is sumthn else. Its been awhile since ive had bud cured fully for a whole month lol. Normally its gone between the 2nd n 3rd week cause i help so many people medicinally i make alot of oil an tht shit goes quick wen making oils an concentrates an what not. But i love doing this i never thought I would like gardening lol but hey i do an now i get to help out alot of people. Well not a ton of people but a few family members i actually like an a few friends who dnt take advantage of me lol.

THE STRAINS

So, let's get into some detail on these strains...

CALI CONNECTION BLACKWATER

Blackwater is a cross between Mendo Purps x Tahoe OG S1 (OR Mendo Purps x SFV OG for regular seeds) that took 3rd place for "Best Indica" at the 2014 High Times Medical Cup in Los Angeles. It averages 20% THC and is known for some dark purple buds. It has a flowering time of 8-9 weeks.

The goal, when breeding Blackwater, was to create one of the darkest OG Kush strains available. The buds from my grow didn't turn dark (I can probably get them to turn by lowering temps!), but they were huge, dense, and covered with trichomes and cured to a nice grape smell. The colas produced the biggest buds I've ever grown with some individual buds weighing over a half and ounce. This, to date, has been the preferred strain to help my Dad with pain.

Here are some of those huge colas & buds from my last Blackwater grow:

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

INHOUSE GENETICS DOLATO

Dolato is a 70% indica/30% sativa cross between Gelato #41 and the NorCal cut of Dosido that boasts an average 26% THC ratio (22%-29%). Flowering time is also 8-9 weeks. I've heard the flavors described as earthy, musky & piney, but my cured Dolato buds smell just like chocolate, to me! And, while I haven't had mine tested, judging by the trichomes from the last grow, I'm thinking it should be towards the HIGH end of the THC range!

Here's some Dolato colas at only 22 days of 12/12:

full

full

full

By Day #37 of 12/12, they looked like this:

full

full

And, on Day #60:

full

full

full

Dried & Cured Dolato Buds:

full

full

full

INHOUSE GENETICS PLATINUM KUSH BREATH

Platinum Kush Breath is a cross between OGKB V2.1 x Platinum with a 60-75 day flower time. These are also incredibly frosty buds and my cured buds smell like sour oranges. The branches on this one were pretty spindly and most had to be supported with yo-yo's to keep them from collapsing under the weight of the buds.

Here are some pics from the last Platinum Kush Breath grow on Day #26 of 12/12:

full

full

By Day #35 of 12/12, we had this:

full

full

Here's Day #59 of 12/12:

full

full

And, by Day #70, right before harvest, they turned a great color!:

full

full

full

full

full

This was the PKB sample/tester bud I took:

full

INHOUSE GENETICS PLATINUM CAKE

Platinum Cake is a cross between Wedding Cake x Platinum and also has a 60-75 day average flower time. As frosty and tasty as the other three strains are, I'd have to place this one as the top strain I've ever grown. The one PCake plant I harvested was put into the flower cabinet at the last minute to replace another plant that turned out to be male (from feminized seed!) so it didn't have much of a veg period. There was a lot of stretch and some wide internode distances, so she didn't yield as much as I would have liked and will need some good training to really produce. But, what she produces is just incredibly beautiful, dense buds completely covered in trichomes with just about every leaf on the plant also covered in trichomes. The buds are still curing on this one, so I don't have a great description of the smell or flavor yet, but it's a skunky/floral smell right now. The trichome coverage on these buds was ridiculous and I'm going to be growing a lot more of this strain and will be using her for some breeding.

Here are some pics from my last Platinum Cake Grow:

Day #30 of 12/12:

full

Day #53:

full

full

full

And dried buds (still curing):

full

full

full

It's worth noting that all the buds above, with the exception of the Platinum Cake, were grown under Mars Reflector 144's and all were grown using @Doc Bud's High Brix kit.

Let's see how the SP-250's do!

Happy Harvests!

K

Wtf guy with the fake plants again they look fukn great tho lol congrats.

Hi Gazoo, we are using mostly white chips, some warm white some cold white, plus some red and blue, IR; Plants grow rapidly when blue tops at around 440nm, while flowering rapidly when red tops around 650~660nm; We are trying to make the perfect spectrum for ya. :Rasta: White light are a mixture of every color, and some of the color spectrum plants don't need too much, so we don't need to add specific spectrum chips. As for uv, usually plants needs uvb which is below 300, and around 380 that is uva, which is not useful for plants' growing. But led cannot make uvb light, it will be very easy to burn, and the technology for led chip is still not mature. Therefore we don't add.
Thanks I was curious what spectrum they felt was only needed in such a small amount ?
I bet @SmokeSara will be able to offer some insight.

product%2Flarge%2Fe71b354b1d1378cceb5eb5e5a03ad869.jpg

Back
Top Bottom