Duggan Does Kosher Kush With DBHBB: 4 Plants, Two Pots, Lots Of LEDs!

Thank you brother Duggan - I finally got into some of that trim I've had in the freezer for years. :laugh: :yahoo:

I bought some one gallon bubble bags and a nice one gallon pot a few years ago to do dry ice kief, but after watching the fog of trichs drift down and cover the glass, and scraping that into a lovely tan mound of goodness, the bag was a sticky clogged mess and so was the pot. Dry ice sifting quits working as soon as everything gets wet. :straightface: Besides, as you said, it had a lot of green in it.

Bubble always seemed so messy and probably harder than it looks, but after seeing your tutorial I gave it a try and the first effort turned out pretty well! I did 160, 73 and 25 micron bags with a 220 to catch all the crap. I got some leaf matter into the 160 but that just made it easier to smoke, so I did some of that first. Nice! Nice and hashy!

I didn't get much of the 73 but it's noticeably better than the 160. And I got a nice glob of 25 which, again as you said, is the real thing - wow, is that a nice way to smoke the cannabis! :love: The terpenes are exquisite! And this is from some rough trim before I stopped saving it - maybe 1/4 ounce of leaf from Nexus, Carnival and something unmarked.

The globs are about penny sized:

DSCN78711.JPG

DSCN78721.JPG

Thank you! :thanks: :thumb:

Mornin Gray...wow my brotha...some nice looking Bubble ya got there. I'm glad you like the 73 stuff, it usually turns out the best...more melty than the 25. You chose a good combo of bags too Gray ...same as me . Ya don't get too much , but what is there is primo smoke....so glad you liked the BH Tut. and I'm stoked to see you do it pal....that's the stuff! Have ya got a nice lil double bubbler to puff it in....and did the 73 turn out melty....all trim (strains) don't always produce "full melt" but all strains will give you the best they have to offer....cheers Gray and have an awesome day.....so good to see you ! Cheers....Duggs:Namaste:

A very good morning to ya Gang...my brothas,....and sistas!
"gland head....i shall set you free!"
SRN.
What a day you guys....got a lil tired last night with Mare over here and all....after the BBQ.:surf:
OK enough of that.....As i said , the BH session went very , very well and i'm gonna do my best and explain in detail, the whole process. Enjoy! :Namaste::circle-of-love:

I started making Bubblehash about 8/9 yrs. ago. A couple buddies went splits on the Bubblelator machine and it came with three Iceolator hash bags. We proceeded to do about 10/12 bags of ice with them every couple weeks,...well, we wore out those bags and about the same time i found out about Mark's (Bubbleman) very high quality bags, so i went out on my own and bought his 8 bag kit of 5 gal. bags.At the time , i payed about 350 US for this 8 bag kit! At first all the mixing was done in the blue (220 micron bag) using a mix-master and or broom handle cuz my buddy still had the Bubblelator machine. I soon acquired this machine from him as he got tired of making BH so he sold it to me for 5 bucks...what a gift it was. Once i had the machine , it meant i could work way more efficiently and produce a more consistent product.
After doing this for yrs now with over 300 runs put thru my bags (only use 5 bags now) you could say i know what i'm doing. I'm gonna be talking a lot , trying to explain the process, so don't get pissed if i say stuff some of you already know OK.There are alot of ways to make hash from our treasured DBHBB trim , i realize this too,...just remember how much hash brotha Major made last yr. from all his trim.
When i mix the trim , it's only for a short time in the washer cuz i'm interested in the very best quality i can get, this would be "full melting" gooey Bubblehash. When you see the powdered or un-pressed BH it's all or most of it is "full melting" cuz i didn't let the machine beat the living crap out of it going for more, more , more! The only gland heads i want in the bags are the mature, swollen, filled heads....period.

bubblehash_tut_2_009.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_010.jpg

The "Bubblelator" mini washer....:slide:
bubblehash_tut_2_008.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_007.jpg

Two 5 gal. pales ,one smaller pale, garbage bag , paper towels are some of the things i need.machine is on the counter so it can drain into the green pale that is lined with the bags.
bubblehash_tut_2_006.jpg

This is the barrel shaped bag with a zipper that holds the trim and some ice and is tied shut , as to not break open inside the machine while mixing....that would ...and has been a real mess when it happens, so i always tie the zipper shut!The bag can hold about 3/4 ounces at a time , or two big handfuls of trim with some ice layered in as you fill it up to get it ready.
bubblehash_tut_2_001.jpg

Only will be using 5 of the 8 bags , just cuz i don't need all those different grades of hash, plus it's way more work with so many bags that are not needed. The bags come in these sizes...all in microns....25, 45, 73, 90, 120, 160, 190, 220. So what i do is leave out the 45 , 90 and 160...all those gland heads will simply be cought in the next smallest bag....got it? So i use the 25 first bag in the pale, followed by the 73 (my fav.), then the 120 bag, these three bags are the "collection" bags. the next two, the 190 and the 220 are to catch plant matter , dirt ,systolic hairs and anything unwanted.
bubblehash_tut_2_003.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_001.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_002.jpg
The small screen there that is purple(same as the 25 bag is used with paper towels under it to soak up some water after the BH comes off the bags.
bubblehash_tut_2_022.jpg
These are the three bags not used.
bubblehash_tut_2_023.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_024.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_016.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_019.jpg

The pale is lined with all five bags now , waiting for the mixed water from the washer. The pale is lined starting with the 25 then 73, 120 190 and then the last one , which is the 220 (blue bag). If you don't have a mixer all the mixing is done using either a mix-master or a stick (broom handle) right in the pale. So if i didn't have a mini washer , i would simply dump the trim into the pale , in the blue bag, add cold water and ice and stert mixing it right in the pale. I did this for a long time before i was able to score the washer.
bubblehash_tut_2_015.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_014.jpg

just a shot of the bags of trim (all DBHBB,except for one bag). 9 bags of ice just like these were used....was just enough. Usually takes two bags at the start , just to get everything nice and cold....then it's one bag /run.
bubblehash_tut_2_026.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_025.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_038.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_036.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_031.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_032.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_034.jpg

A few pics showing how i stretch the hash filled bags over the lil pale so i can use a regular teaspoon to scoop up the wet hash off the bag , then put it on the screen over the paper towel to absorb most of the water before it gets put on the cardboard and chopped up to dry. cardboard is used cuz it's the best as it's a desiccant and really wicks the water out of the hash. Ya have to move it around on the cardboard for the first hour or so just to keep it from sticking too bad to it. I should add that the timer is on for 5 min's. , max. with every run except the moldy bud run which is a longer mix cuz it's bud , after all!:tokin:
bubblehash_tut_2_064.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_040.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_039.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_060.jpg
Showing the 73 bag , cleaning off the gland heads , putting on the 25 screen over the paper towels....just look at that color guys....pure full melting goodness, right there!! No green at all, no plant matter, at all, no dirt no shit! pure goodness, nothing less, nothing more!
The hash is simply scraped off the bag by stretching it out over the smaller pale bringing the bottom up so ya can use a spoon to scrape it off...very easy and efficient.
bubblehash_tut_2_044.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_045.jpg

taking out the 25 bag , stretching it out to scrape off the wet hash. I should add that while doing this , the hash has to take a back seat while the bags must get all the attention...not the hash. Give your bags all the attention they need and they will last a very , very long time! use only very cold water when cleaning them between runs . I rinse them in the kit. sink , then place them aside somewhere until ya need them for the next run....got it!
bubblehash_tut_2_076.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_075.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_074.jpg

Check these pics out....this run was with the moldy Desfran buds and a bag of moldy stuff from a friend's outdoor grow that went moldy on him. I told him to give it to me ...don't toss it out...i can make BH from it...wadda ya think guys ...looks tasty eh. OK, OK ya the mold, what about the mold. lets see here, the heaviest thing on the plant is are the gland heads , and they sink down thru the various sized bags getting cought in the appropriate size....meanwhile the mold floats on the water ....so after the mix and pour into the pale thru the bags...just use a scoop, and scoop out the floating spores (white foamy crap) before you start pulling the bags....done ! Check out the resin in these pics....guys , come on...this is pure heaven...look at all the nice , pure, clean hash. It will be full melting , i'm sure! you can see the difference when using bud as apposed to trim...or sugar leaves....there is way more on the buds , as you can see!
bubblehash_tut_2_073.jpg

When the 73 bag comes out , and won't drain fast...this is very good cuz there is so much resin on the bottom blocking it from draining...love seeing this. When the bags won't drain like this there is a method i use called "lift and jerk" the resin will lift off the bottom allowing the water to drain, simple method, works peachy for those times (usually always have to do this with the 25 bag cuz of the very small holes).
bubblehash_tut_2_069.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_068.jpg
Scooping off the mold spores before pulling the bag out for cleaning.
bubblehash_tut_2_079.jpg
Just some more nice colored resin!:blunt:
bubblehash_tut_2_087.jpg
Whoops ...a lil accident....
bubblehash_tut_2_080.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_084.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_090.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_091.jpg
bubblehash_tut_2_092.jpg

A few shots of the resin drying on the cardboard and my nice , just cleaned out washer, ready for storage again ....also the bags drying there over a couple towels on the bench behind.
Well, that's it everyone....i hope ya liked this....as taking pics while doing it by myself was a major PITA. trying to keep my hands dry while using my camera and not dropping it into the pale . It was time i did this , so i feel good ! i would also like to say that , if i could,,safely, i would just LOVE to send everyone a nice sample...i would give it all to you's...my brothas!....oh...and sistas!:thumb:
Please don't hesitate to ask Q's. any, doesn't matter, fire away with them! cheers gang! Duggs.:Namaste:

Awesome tutorial!! thank you!!! :thanks:

(+) reps.. :high-five:

Lets start a roll call...

I'm here :cheer:

Me too though as normal I am late!

Thought that BH thing would get a better response,...quite disappointed in that. ]

Perhaps because some of us did not see it sooner, I just got caught up with your journal, took the day off from work since today is my 31st anniversary
Very well done Tut
though I confess when I saw the bubbleator the 1st thing that popped into my head was.. "Oh look a washing machine for really small people":rofl:
I have actually seen that method done before but I think I like your method better.

Mmmmmmm hash. :lot-o-toke:

What is not to love about HASH

Haven't had any hash since 2009 in Amsterdam. I had to give a gram away as I was leaving for the airport. I was in this club that plays techno (the wife picked the club). All around us were Eastern European college students. I decided I was going to give my gram of afghan hash to these unassuming guys sitting by our table. I get up and go over to their table and tell them I'm American and I can't take this on the plane. Please get high off of me for free as a kind gesture kind of thing. I don't think they spoke English but they reluctantly took the hash and were very polite. They guy at the front was laughing as I was walking out. He said the shirt I was wearing was a gang symbol in Eastern Europe and that those guys were probably scared of me. It was a Dallas cowboy sweatshirt my aunt gave me. I'm a broncos fan though. I asked him to please explain that I just wanted them to get high. He said it was funnier for him if he didn't. And that's just another reason to hate the Cowboys. What were we talking about? Hash oh yeah. This one time in Amsterdam... :rofl:

Haven't had any hash since 2009 in Amsterdam. I had to give a gram away as I was leaving for the airport. I was in this club that plays techno (the wife picked the club). All around us were Eastern European college students. I decided I was going to give my gram of afghan hash to these unassuming guys sitting by our table. I get up and go over to their table and tell them I'm American and I can't take this on the plane. Please get high off of me for free as a kind gesture kind of thing. I don't think they spoke English but they reluctantly took the hash and were very polite. They guy at the front was laughing as I was walking out. He said the shirt I was wearing was a gang symbol in Eastern Europe and that those guys were probably scared of me. It was a Dallas cowboy sweatshirt my aunt gave me. I'm a broncos fan though. I asked him to please explain that I just wanted them to get high. He said it was funnier for him if he didn't. And that's just another reason to hate the Cowboys. What were we talking about? Hash oh yeah. This one time in Amsterdam... :rofl:
Hahahahahahaha haha. I just laughed my ass off. Go Bears!

I grew up up black hash. From age 12-16 I smoked myself silly with it. Then it just disappeared. I never forget the taste though. Wasn't very strong, but God, what flavor. Hash oil was around too, but wasn't very common.

20 some years later, I'm at a Primus concert and some hippie hands me a bowl full of this shit that looks like what Duggan made.

I take a few hits.....

I wanted to go to the hospital... lol :rofl:

Ruined the concert for me. I had an anxiety attack so bad I thought my heart was going to explode out my chest. It was like every person on the planet became aware of my existence and was looking at me. For 2 straight hours I reviewed every decision I made and determined they were all wrong.

Mad skills Duggan, but you can have all that shit... lol

Duggs, I've saved your BH tutorial for future reference. I haven't had any in a while, its not easy to find, but I do love some on a bowl or dabbed. I normally use my trim for joints and cooking, but I'll be having quite a bit more so I will be making my own stash of BH in a few months. How big of a run can you do with the 5g size bags?

What do you use your trim for if you don't make hash mason?

I don't smoke much at all anymore. When I turned about 20, anxiety started every time I smoked. It still does, unless I have a little alcohol in me. I don't drink much so....

I gift everything, and sometimes barter. I grow mostly just to fulfill dreams I had when I was young of growing the buds I saw in High Times.

I have no doubt the Jock Horror I'm growing will be bad juju for me. Someday I will try growing a different strain that I may be able to tolerate, but it's not real important to me. I would like to learn to make CCO and try low doses for back pain. But, I fear my smoking days are over.

I like who I am. I hate second guessing myself when I get high.

Mason , have you tried to vape for a lil different effect,..not as strong and hard hitting like smoking a strong Sativa or hybrid. I find when i vape it just really relaxes me at night where as a joint (ya i'm puffin again) seems to get me moving. As far as the anxiety thing, there are strains out there now that are just for pain relief etc., barely any THC, buts loads of what your maybe after instead. Anyhow , cheers for sharing that with us mason.:high-five:

Duggs, I've saved your BH tutorial for future reference. I haven't had any in a while, its not easy to find, but I do love some on a bowl or dabbed. I normally use my trim for joints and cooking, but I'll be having quite a bit more so I will be making my own stash of BH in a few months. How big of a run can you do with the 5g size bags?

hey 36G, glad ya got to see the BH stuff. When i started up-loading pics , it said i had 96....holy crap brotha,...i'm still tired from that day!
For one run , in my bags,...between 3 and 4 ounces . TBH 36, sometimes i wish i had the 20 gal. set. They are the ticket. You use a washer that looks like mine but it's huge, and for the pales you use garbage cans. I watched a few vids of Bubbleman using them in the bush...in Jamaica...pretty cool vid . 36, get the big set if ya don't wanna spend all day at it.Those bags on my floor were all my HB crops. It took me a long time ...especially stopping to take pics. Anyhow cheers bud.:high-five:

Mason , have you tried to vape for a lil different effect,..not as strong and hard hitting like smoking a strong Sativa or hybrid. I find when i vape it just really relaxes me at night where as a joint (ya i'm puffin again) seems to get me moving. As far as the anxiety thing, there are strains out there now that are just for pain relief etc., barely any THC, buts loads of what your maybe after instead. Anyhow , cheers for sharing that with us mason.:high-five:

No, I haven't tried the vape yet. I don't know anyone who has one, but I'm sure I'll run into someone eventually. I live in the country, and don't know very many people.

Once I get a few runs under my belt, I'll order me some medicinal seeds and run it just for me. Then I'll journal my CCO attempt. I tried a tincture last year. Did great for the back pain, but still gave me anxiety. I need to do something. pain pills stopped working a few years ago, and it was very hard to stop taking them. Since then I just learned to live with the pain.

Morn'in duggs. Have a great Thursday my brotha :high-five:

Are the KKs in the home stretch?

Mornin BD...yup...home stretch...a week from this Sat...chop, chop! They are in quite a state...no more pics till the very end...it's just that they are falling to pcs....a lot of the smaller branches have really bulked up and can't support themselves . The resin is piling on like I've never seen before, ever! The branches can't take all the extra weight...bring it on....i'l just tie em up if they need it....but it's the lil ones I see falling I can't get to very easy that are the challenge.
I got back behind the back pot yesterday and gave them (back pot) some much needed tlc ...some pruning as well as some support with strings, pipecleaners, etc. So I feel good I was able to do that anyhow! Cheers BD..have an awesome afternoon.:high-five::Namaste:

Hey duggan! Sounds like I'm just in time for the finale. I hope to be around for the festivities. Best of luck with it.

:passitleft:

Hey duggan! Sounds like I'm just in time for the finale. I hope to be around for the festivities. Best of luck with it.

:passitleft:

I've missed ya pal! The "gang" has all but disappeared...dunno where they are. you and Ziggs are finally back around . Anyhow , glad your back around Major and hope to hell your sis gets to feeling better...you must have a few stories to tell of her care and how you spent your days recently. Have an awesome night "gang"....all of you , wherever you are.:Namaste::circle-of-love:

Hey Duggan, I just chopped my KK yesterday at day 70. It doesn't seem gassy or pungent, its like a really sweet kind of OG. What kind if smells are you getting?:byebye:

I don't smoke much at all anymore. When I turned about 20, anxiety started every time I smoked. It still does, unless I have a little alcohol in me. I don't drink much so....

I gift everything, and sometimes barter. I grow mostly just to fulfill dreams I had when I was young of growing the buds I saw in High Times.

I have no doubt the Jock Horror I'm growing will be bad juju for me. Someday I will try growing a different strain that I may be able to tolerate, but it's not real important to me. I would like to learn to make CCO and try low doses for back pain. But, I fear my smoking days are over.

I like who I am. I hate second guessing myself when I get high.

Have you tried a 1:1 CBD:THC strain masonman? The CBD crew has a nice testimonial page on their website that you can scroll through. There were a number of persons commenting on finally being able to appreciate cannabis again with a balanced strain. It would do wonders for the back pain too, since it's the CBD that effects inflammation. Somewhere is the strain for you. Keep looking, and check out the CBD Crew.

Edit: If you check out my dosing thread (see my signature line) there's a section on treating different types of pain with cannabis. That might be of some help to you too. It bothers me that you live with the pain. There has to be a way.

Back
Top Bottom