Emmie's Berry D'licious 2019 True Living Organic: No AACT, SCROG, COB, SuperSoil Production Grow & Seed Run

Looking great in there Emilya :high-five:

Tonight I watered the girls with Recharge. This was a proper watering, right up to the start of runoff. It took an outrageously long time to get to this point, but then again I am not at all used to using 10 gallon containers, so I wasn't at all sure how long it would take. I did a partial watering in the middle, about 5 days ago, but this time I was determined to wait until one of them started to show a definite droop, clearly showing the water had been used up. Morning and evening I have been checking and finally this evening two showed good droop, one very dramatically. Surprisingly, the one that used her water the fastest was M&M in the Vulx container. Although this seems contrary to the product claims that you will have to water less often, the way this plant is spreading out as compared to her sisters, and my belief that she is growing much more quickly than the other two, it would seem that the Vulx has allowed her to grow stronger roots than the other two. We will keep watching, but I think that something very special is happening with this plant, but so far I have not put my finger on how this amendment is going to affect the way I water an organic grow, or even if it will at all. At this point I think it would be safe to say that the microfine volcanic powder is very conducive to expansive root growth.

Tomorrow is 7 weeks in veg, 49 days. Things are progressing along slowly but surely and the plants overall look strong and healthy. I figure the wet/dry cycle is somewhere around 4 days right now, and this time I did not do a partial watering, knowing that roots now have to be extending down into the new supersoil and where there is still moisture. I am still going mostly by looks to tell when to water next, and today I noticed something significant. The @Vulx is working!

The two plants without Vulx have started the slow decline toward droop with a noticeable reduction in the angle of the leaves in the upper canopy. A good healthy plant with good transpiration will achieve a 45° angle of attack toward the light source, and then as the water begins to run out and the roots are no longer able to maintain the water pressure in the xylem to be able to achieve this, the leaves go horizontal... at first.

Tonight I have a good picture of this happening. Earlier today all of these plants were "praying" as they say, achieving the optimum light angle with upturned leaves. Now as we get closer to the need for water, two of the plants have lost pressure and have started to relax. One plant out of the three however is still going strong, clearly not yet feeling the need for water. You guessed it, M&M with her Vulx is still standing proud.

Red starting to relax...
DSCF7238.JPG

Tara is just loafing along...
DSCF7239.JPG

M&M with Vulx is going strong with very strong uptake and lift!
DSCF7237.JPG

Vote M&M For Plant of The Month!

0_vote2-.png

Hi @Emilya ... I just took two whole plants I grew according to what I learned from you, ... and got 20 clones for my upcoming SOG! They were the healthiest plants so far.

I am really holding back on watering ... it's difficult still ... because instinctively I want to feed them ... but I have to read the plants ... and feel for the weight of the pots ... and in the end, ... great results!

Tonight I watered the girls with Recharge. This was a proper watering, right up to the start of runoff. It took an outrageously long time to get to this point, but then again I am not at all used to using 10 gallon containers, so I wasn't at all sure how long it would take. I did a partial watering in the middle, about 5 days ago, but this time I was determined to wait until one of them started to show a definite droop, clearly showing the water had been used up. Morning and evening I have been checking and finally this evening two showed good droop, one very dramatically. Surprisingly, the one that used her water the fastest was M&M in the Vulx container. Although this seems contrary to the product claims that you will have to water less often, the way this plant is spreading out as compared to her sisters, and my belief that she is growing much more quickly than the other two, it would seem that the Vulx has allowed her to grow stronger roots than the other two. We will keep watching, but I think that something very special is happening with this plant, but so far I have not put my finger on how this amendment is going to affect the way I water an organic grow, or even if it will at all. At this point I think it would be safe to say that the microfine volcanic powder is very conducive to expansive root growth.

I agree ... those 10 gallon pots are quite large!

I'm glad I used them, ... but unfortunately the ScrOG didn't fit my growing style ... so I reverted back to LST ... which I prefer because I can space the buds out nicely.

I must say that I am expecting some pretty fat buds from these 10 gallon plants!

The Vulx seems to be working well in your grow and in @Mr. Krip 's grow. I may have missed this ... but can we use these types of amendments in coco?

I am not sure why people add amendments like this or EWC and various other things to coco, so I don't know the answer to that @SQl2kGuy . Someone will have to try it I guess and let us know what happens.

Today just a couple of quick shots of the beginning of pollen harvest. I am going to let Bob go one more watering cycle, and by then I should have more than enough pollen to do what I want to do.

DSCF7243.JPG

DSCF7244.JPG

Bob was indeed pretty male. With hardly any effort and a very unscientific shake of each branch over a paper plate, I managed to sift out .3 grams of very fine looking Bob dust. This was a big pile, about a full spoon full, and it will be more than enough to pollinate 2 or 3 branches and could easily have pollinated the entire room. I am waiting a couple of hours for all the dust to settle and then I will turn back on all the fans and air conditioner, after cleaning up myself and the remnants of Bob.
The three girls are progressing along nicely and I will be inspecting tonight to see what trimming I can do and how they are doing in a new hopefully shortened wet/dry cycle.
DSCF7246.JPG

Veg, Day 55
This morning I was greeted in the veg tent with some low level wilt, which being 7 days from the last watering is a very good sign... We are indeed beginning to see the establishment of a wet/dry cycle in these large containers. I was rushed this morning and didn't have time to take any pictures, but I will give you some shots of the monsters later today. As soon as we get the water cycle to 3 days or so I am going to be tempted to flip, since we are coming up on 2 months in veg and plants that are threatening to outgrow the area available to them.
So far, no definite differences are being seen between any of the plants, whether in Vulx, Andesite or just plain soil... and we are still waiting on any of them to show some kind of superiority.

Veg, Day 62
Those who are alert to such things will note that we have either just experienced a time warp, or I made a mistake when calculating the date this morning. It turns out that it is a week later than I thought on a busy Wednesday morning and as I said, the plants are getting huge. If I go much longer in here we are going to hit a point of diminishing returns... the plants do need to breathe after all. At the very least I will be stripping down the lower parts of these plants before heading into bloom... as soon as I can see that we have gotten hold of this watering cycle.
With these pictures, please try to experience with me, the chaos that is quickly becoming my 2x4 tent...

This is a good shot of most of Red at canopy level
DSCF7247.JPG

Here is Tara, taking a beautiful shape:
DSCF7249.JPG

This is a bad shot of M&M, trying to show how massively wide her canopy has become. I imagine the roots down there in the Vulx are expanding out the same way.
DSCF7250.JPG

Veg, Day 63... The start of the 9 week in veg
Today I got a pleasant surprise. It has only been about a day and a half since my last full watering, and already today the plants are feeling light enough that I could easily move them around to trim and to give them each new positions under the lights! There is nothing like a full strength and very active compost tea to get things moving! They were so light that I know that we have finally achieved active roots within these large containers and it is very nearly time to flip. These plants are huge and the yield in this 2x4 tent is going to be outstandingly good if all continues as it has been going.
So this afternoon, in anticipation of a flip to bloom lighting this weekend, I trimmed the lower half of the plants for better airflow and to concentrate energy up to the top.
DSCF7251.JPG DSCF7252.JPG

The lights have been turned up to 35,000 lux or about 524 PAR.
DSCF7256.JPG

I will give 3 days for the shock of the massive trimming to be done with, and I have done my last trim of the dominant growth tips up top. There are going to be a lot of buds on these plants, all right at an even canopy height.
DSCF7253.JPG

DSCF7255.JPG

DSCF7254.JPG

Veg, Day 63... The start of the 9 week in veg
Today I got a pleasant surprise. It has only been about a day and a half since my last full watering, and already today the plants are feeling light enough that I could easily move them around to trim and to give them each new positions under the lights! There is nothing like a full strength and very active compost tea to get things moving! They were so light that I know that we have finally achieved active roots within these large containers and it is very nearly time to flip. These plants are huge and the yield in this 2x4 tent is going to be outstandingly good if all continues as it has been going.
So this afternoon, in anticipation of a flip to bloom lighting this weekend, I trimmed the lower half of the plants for better airflow and to concentrate energy up to the top.
DSCF7251.JPG DSCF7252.JPG

The lights have been turned up to 35,000 lux or about 524 PAR.
DSCF7256.JPG

I will give 3 days for the shock of the massive trimming to be done with, and I have done my last trim of the dominant growth tips up top. There are going to be a lot of buds on these plants, all right at an even canopy height.
DSCF7253.JPG

DSCF7255.JPG

DSCF7254.JPG

Excellent canopy and training!

Transition Stage, Day 1

Today brings us to the end of veg. It is clear that an acceptable 3-4 day wet/dry cycle has been established in these containers, so it is time to flip. I have set the timers to a 12/12 cycle that fits into my schedule and the first long night will happen tonight.

Today I am slowly watering them to saturation, and I have added to their late veg snack, 1 tablespoon of dandelion extract in its 2nd year of fermenting, per gallon. This will be like giving a shot of superthrive right at this critical juncture, and I am sure the plants will respond well to it and will store away all of the micronutrients contained therein.

No signs of magnesium deficiency can be seen and it appears that the regular shots of Recharge have been replacing AACTs quite well to provide very healthy and strong plants going into bloom. As flowering starts I will be turning the lights up even more, sending a clear message that there is no need to excessively stretch and let's keep that activity to acceptable levels.

Transition Stage, Day 3

I watered with Recharge this morning with only about 1/3 as much as it takes for a full watering, but I want to force the plants into the flowering watering mode and to that end I want them to get used to drinking a lot more, a lot faster, as the roots keep developing through the end of stretch. I have 2 weeks after transition to get the final stretch on the roots too, and then the game will be to use those roots to full advantage. I would like to establish at least an every other day watering regime as we go into bloom.

Transition Stage, Day 3

``but I want to force the plants into the flowering watering mode and to that end I want them to get used to drinking a lot more, a lot faster, as the roots keep developing through the end of stretch.
Em, I know full well I'm a no-nothing noob with 4 grow failures under my belt.....
but surely you're pushing on a wee bit hard?

Please let us remain within the sphere of Loving Awareness on this.
Mark.

Back
Top Bottom