Wow they're dropping like flies in here! Beautiful pair of take downs even if Speck never quite outgrew the name, and that closet is a thing of beauty. :eek: Great work getting the first one out to 10 days hanging!
Thanks Shed. It's been nice taking our time and going a hanger at a time. Suzy is the last one up, and it looks like we may be starting on her tonight ;)
Nice review and well explained! I usually just toss the trim in the salve bin. :hmmmm:
I usually toss everything in the freezer for bubble hash, but with this little plant this was much quicker and easier.

Cindy is in the bag! I spent a couple of hours bucking all of her buds in the @VIVOSUN Trim Tray yesterday. She had been in the drying closet for 12 days and was reading <11 on the wood moisture meter.

I took her a hanger at a time onto my office. One branch at a time, I removed the buds from the stems. I cleaned up a few of the best buds, but left most of them alone. I kept the top buds in one pile and everything else in another. She had some really beautiful buds. Unfortunately, most of the larf was seeded and I found several nanners. Oh well, she's still a lot of nice sticky bud.

I put everything in a 1lb Grove bag with a Govee. It started at 58.2% RH and it's at 58.6% RH today. That's a little lower than I usually dry, but it's in the right range (58-62) that I'm looking for and means there is almost no chance of any mold. The Grove bags keep the RH really stable, so at this RH I have no problem sealing this bag for a month to cure. Here is the readout from my Grove bag Govee, which was in my Pebbles (Fruit Punch Auto) Grove bag over the last month as she cured.

I ended up with 307g of Cindy, or close to 11oz. 137g (4.8oz) was in tops, and the rest was mids and larf. I also ended up with a handful of seeds, with the promise of a lot more! I also scraped a nice pile of kief up from the bottom of the Trim Tray.

One down and three more to go!

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

That's off the hook! A spectacular grow with big meaty buds, free seeds with premium genetics only grown in the bottom fuzz, and fun toys from a big sponsor??? Dude, you got Da juice! That Midas Touch! Making mountains out of molehills... just ridiculous. Congratulations on the harvest Big Dog!

Cindy is in the bag! I spent a couple of hours bucking all of her buds in the @VIVOSUN Trim Tray yesterday. She had been in the drying closet for 12 days and was reading <11 on the wood moisture meter.

I took her a hanger at a time onto my office. One branch at a time, I removed the buds from the stems. I cleaned up a few of the best buds, but left most of them alone. I kept the top buds in one pile and everything else in another. She had some really beautiful buds. Unfortunately, most of the larf was seeded and I found several nanners. Oh well, she's still a lot of nice sticky bud.

I put everything in a 1lb Grove bag with a Govee. It started at 58.2% RH and it's at 58.6% RH today. That's a little lower than I usually dry, but it's in the right range (58-62) that I'm looking for and means there is almost no chance of any mold. The Grove bags keep the RH really stable, so at this RH I have no problem sealing this bag for a month to cure. Here is the readout from my Grove bag Govee, which was in my Pebbles (Fruit Punch Auto) Grove bag over the last month as she cured.

I ended up with 307g of Cindy, or close to 11oz. 137g (4.8oz) was in tops, and the rest was mids and larf. I also ended up with a handful of seeds, with the promise of a lot more! I also scraped a nice pile of kief up from the bottom of the Trim Tray.

Very nice work congrats on your harvest 👍. CL🍀

Congrats on the takedown BudMan! She looks delicious. :Rasta:

great grow awesome dude

That's off the hook! A spectacular grow with big meaty buds, free seeds with premium genetics only grown in the bottom fuzz, and fun toys from a big sponsor??? Dude, you got Da juice! That Midas Touch! Making mountains out of molehills... just ridiculous. Congratulations on the harvest Big Dog!
Thanks RSR. I could have done without the seeds, but other than that I was really happy with this grow. Lots of toys help too ;)
Very nice work congrats on your harvest 👍. CL🍀
Thanks CL
Congrats on the takedown BudMan! She looks delicious. :Rasta:
Thanks GDB and I certainly hope so, but we'll know soon. I need to squish some soon...
great grow awesome dude
Thanks Spab
Sweet harvest
Thanks Dust, It's a LOT of weed!

Date: 2/17/22 Day# 70 of Flower
Strain: Skunk Special fem photo seeds x 4
Grow Space: The Bud Factory - Sponsored by VIVOSUN
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 75% 18-24" (30-40k lux)
- Vivosun 6" AeroZesh exhaust fan
- Vivosun GrowHub - Controls the light and exhaust & syncs with Vivosun App
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- 4" booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- 12" floor fan + Oscillating tower fan
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
- Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump (14W 21L/min)
- Vivosun 2x4 Air Stones (x4)
Nutrients - Well Water & Bennies (Hydroguard, z7)
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)

Suzy was harvested on Friday night. She ended up being 5 hangers, very little larf, and the biggest buds I've ever seen.

Of course, that means it was time to clean up the tent. I started by removing any little bits of bud, mostly from Suzy. I got pretty wet, as her huge nutrient straws were still working and every time I touched her she 'cried' on me.

Then I scooped out as much hydroton from the netposts as possible. Otherwise, when I try to remove the bucket lids it will go flying everywhere. As I did, the EZGro plug came right off. You could even see the original seed shell stuck to the plug.

Always the lest fun part of the grow, it took me several hours on Saturday to clean everything up, scrub it down, and dry it off. I still need to clean out the fans and net pots, but everything is ready for the next grow. Before I start the next grow, I'll put the humidifier in the tent and get it up to 90+ RH in there, just to make sure any pollen is deactivated. I do love it when the tent is all cleaned and ready for the next grow.

It may be a few weeks until I get the Bud Factory back in action. I'm getting a new 60A sub-panel put in the basement and I'll probably need to get this tent out of the way. @Herbies Seeds has already hooked me up with some seeds for the next grow that I'm really looking forward to. And of course there will be some new @VIVOSUN gear to play around with ;)

Meanwhile, the drying closet is staying above 60% RH easily. I like harvesting in stages, this grow about a week apart. Just when the drying closet starts to get < 60% I put more buds in there to add humidity. I have the humidifier set to 60% just in case, but it has hardly been needed.

Sandy & Speck are now on day# 10 and I expect them to be ready to go into Grove bags in a couple of days, with Suzy a week behind. It's not very hard to tell them apart. Everything is smelling fantastic in there!

Date: 2/17/22 Day# 70 of Flower
Strain: Skunk Special fem photo seeds x 4
Grow Space: The Bud Factory - Sponsored by VIVOSUN
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 75% 18-24" (30-40k lux)
- Vivosun 6" AeroZesh exhaust fan
- Vivosun GrowHub - Controls the light and exhaust & syncs with Vivosun App
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- 4" booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- 12" floor fan + Oscillating tower fan
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
- Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump (14W 21L/min)
- Vivosun 2x4 Air Stones (x4)
Nutrients - Well Water & Bennies (Hydroguard, z7)
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)

Suzy was harvested on Friday night. She ended up being 5 hangers, very little larf, and the biggest buds I've ever seen.

Of course, that means it was time to clean up the tent. I started by removing any little bits of bud, mostly from Suzy. I got pretty wet, as her huge nutrient straws were still working and every time I touched her she 'cried' on me.

Then I scooped out as much hydroton from the netposts as possible. Otherwise, when I try to remove the bucket lids it will go flying everywhere. As I did, the EZGro plug came right off. You could even see the original seed shell stuck to the plug.

Always the lest fun part of the grow, it took me several hours on Saturday to clean everything up, scrub it down, and dry it off. I still need to clean out the fans and net pots, but everything is ready for the next grow. Before I start the next grow, I'll put the humidifier in the tent and get it up to 90+ RH in there, just to make sure any pollen is deactivated. I do love it when the tent is all cleaned and ready for the next grow.

It may be a few weeks until I get the Bud Factory back in action. I'm getting a new 60A sub-panel put in the basement and I'll probably need to get this tent out of the way. @Herbies Seeds has already hooked me up with some seeds for the next grow that I'm really looking forward to. And of course there will be some new @VIVOSUN gear to play around with ;)

Meanwhile, the drying closet is staying above 60% RH easily. I like harvesting in stages, this grow about a week apart. Just when the drying closet starts to get < 60% I put more buds in there to add humidity. I have the humidifier set to 60% just in case, but it has hardly been needed.

Sandy & Speck are now on day# 10 and I expect them to be ready to go into Grove bags in a couple of days, with Suzy a week behind. It's not very hard to tell them apart. Everything is smelling fantastic in there!

Amazing budman those buds are HUGE congrats

Congrats on those huge flowers and all those hangers of meds! She must have been done because there was no way you were sick of looking at her yet. :)
Before I start the next grow, I'll put the humidifier in the tent and get it up to 90+ RH in there, just to make sure any pollen is deactivated.
Great idea. :thanks:

Congrats on those huge flowers and all those hangers of meds! She must have been done because there was no way you were sick of looking at her yet. :)
Thanks Shed. I hadn't looked at her all week. She was left alone in the RDWC, which was about 15 gallons down by the time she was harvested. I just finally had room for her in the drying closet ;)
Great idea. :thanks:
:idea:

Congratulations on the green massacre!

💚🔪💚🔪💚🔪
Thanks Trala. Still a lot of work to go, though, with a whole closet of hanging bud. Enjoyable work, but still work ;)

Hey LKA, first of all great haul!

You're on fire 🔥 mate, just bam bam bam spitting them out like were stamped in a factory (ok not quite that simple, theres a bunch of work in that result)

Definitely had the loveliest hermed girl I ever did see....haha.

Tell me the groves, which I have a couple, how do you

A. Recommend using them? Like is it as simple as seal and trust the process?

B. Check the temps and RH in them as you did? Was it as simple as a hygrometer? I wondered how you got the chart.

If I ever get divorced Ill pm you for tips setting up a proper RDWC system....just wow. Obviously nailing it.

Hey LKA, first of all great haul!
Thanks mate.
You're on fire 🔥 mate, just bam bam bam spitting them out like were stamped in a factory (ok not quite that simple, theres a bunch of work in that result)
It does get easier every time I run this RDWC system. Most of the work is at the end!
Definitely had the loveliest hermed girl I ever did see....haha.
Thanks, they were really lovely, even with a bunch of peens hanging off them.
Tell me the groves, which I have a couple, how do you

A. Recommend using them? Like is it as simple as seal and trust the process?

B. Check the temps and RH in them as you did? Was it as simple as a hygrometer? I wondered how you got the chart.
I dry as normal, at 60%/60f for 10-14 days or until the wood moisture meter reads 10-11%. Then I buck the buds and they go into the Grove bags with a Govee hygrometer. This is really only important for the first couple of days. If they go above 64-65%, I'll take them out of the bag and spread them out for an hour or so, then put them back in the bag. If it's too dry (<58%), I recommend a fresh leaf or stem for a few hours.

Once the buds are at 58-64% in the Grove bag the hygrometer is no longer needed. I don't bother to seal my bags either, I just zip them up. I only 1/2 fill the bags at first, and if they are closer to 64% I'll tumble them every day or two for the first week to make sure they're not all sticking together. After the first month I'll combine all the 1/2 full bags into one full bag. Even without heat sealing the bags, the Govee reads 58-62% in the bags for over a year.

tldr: As long as your buds are dried to 58-64%, just throw them in a Grove bag and you'll get near perfect cure with no chance of mold/mildew.
If I ever get divorced Ill pm you for tips setting up a proper RDWC system....just wow. Obviously nailing it.
You may be able to get the next best thing. Look into SIPs using a central res. It should be pretty easy to build, and you'll be able to water everyone by adding nutes/water to a single res, and the growth is the next best thing to hydro.

As far as setting up my own system... I bought this from PA Hydroponics ;) I have too little patience for measuring and drilling and fitting things together. This went together in under an hour and has worked flawlessly for three runs now :)

Back
Top Bottom