Lady Cannafan Indoor Garden Sponsored By ViparSpectra KS5000 LED - Multiple Strains

Your photography is a-maz-ing!
🎶 Tra La La....Tweedledeedee....🎶

Thank you so much. I really enjoy my photography, all aspects of it. Now that I'm retired, there is so much more time for creative adventures. :green_heart:
Click on my Seasons link in my siggy if you want to see my other photos, wildlife etc. Join in with a post of your own if you like! (and anyone else, feel free)

UPDATE 11-12-23
I had enough potting soil for 9 pots. I will definitely need to pick up another big bag for the rest of the kids. That means dollars for anything else right now is done. Some of the pots will need to be filled a bit more. The ones in the front with the fold are the GeoPot lite. I have 3 of those and I want to see how they do compared to the standard thickness GeoPots.

I have plenty of space, and can easily handle 12 plants or more there if I expand the right side. I am counting on a male or two of the Phatt Frutty, so those will be pulled and placed elsewhere as soon as I determine they are male.

3 Lights in use, two older Mars Hydro and one that I homebuilt using budmaster xg panels that member @Light Addict had provided me years ago. Hey @Light Addict ! Remember this? It's still goin'! :high-five: I don't think Budmaster is even in biz anymore, maybe got bought out?

The kids waiting for up pots are still in the solo cups.
I'll be putting up more of the reflective stuff as soon as things are set where I want them.

And Blue Gelato 41 shed her birthday hat overnight and is now in a solo cup. Waiting on White Widow XXL to get her head out of her plug :laugh: and the Donkey Butter.

Some of you may notice an oddity with one of the pots. If you pick it out, you'll wonder wh...wha...whaaatttt? It's just because I can, and I've done it before. :laughtwo:

He he 😂💪
Crazy they still going strong. Budmaster failed. Owners walked away from industry. A huge brand took they're latest design and topped it. Broke them totally unfortunately.
Glad they're still of use my friend 🤪

Busy day today. I have to go down to the pond and collect a few gallons of water, we haven't had any rain in a while.
My house water is softened, so I don't use that at all on plants. I'm not doing that reverse osmosis thing. Rain and pond water have always worked just fine for me.

Yesterday my Blue Gelato seedling went all droopy and pouting trying to fall over. Don't know what's going with that, but I propped her up with a wooden skewer and gave her a shot of water. Hoping I'm not going to have trouble with that one.
More soil needs to get picked up, I hope that's the last bag of that expensive stuff!
And I need to get down to the cccccold azz basement to look for all of my plant training materials. Brrr.....

And I need to get things prepared for a major change in the grow room. Exciting things coming up soon! Shhh.......stay tuned.:theband:

The up potted plants, I swear, have grown two inches across in just a couple days. They are loving their new digs with all of the roomy space.

Have a great day one and all!

I'll have a photo bomb later today. In the meantime, I am finding things to get into the grow room. One is a large bag of Hydroton clay pebbles. I've been avoiding this because I know where it is, and it is another Spiders' Lair in my garage.
I fear spiders.....I go nuts if one gets on me. Even a small spider looks like a monster to me
.....I wonder if pepper spray would make them keep their distance. :rofl:

I am relieved for one thing though......

It's Friday.jpg

UPDATE: 11-19-23

I know I promised a photo bomb a couple days ago, but the damaged tower for my internet is still down more than up.
The Blue Gelato is doing good down, standing up straight and growing.
I'll be up potting the stunt twins today.
I got the hydroton clay pebbles in and am getting it onto the top of all the pots.
I am awaiting a big "grow helper" to be delivered, then everything will change. :yahoo:
The kids are almost ready for a topping, node nippy. I'll try to be precise to avoid any pain......
Have a great day all!

UPDATE: 11-21-23 BIG changes in the grow! :yahoo:

I have partnered up with our Sponsor ViparSpectra to use their KS5000 LED Grow Lights for this run.
I am so excited to get these up and running, and thanks so much to @ViparSpectra for this opportunity! I will also be completing an official product review when the time comes.
The thread title will be changed to reflect this new system, and I am getting the lights hung this morning, which means removing all the plants from the grow room until it's all set. I don't want to drop anything on the kids. LOL
Here's the information on the lights:

UPDATE:
Everything is plugged up, hung up, and up and going! That was a lot of work, so glad that's over with.
I love the daisy chain feature on these ViparSpectra lights. I only have to adjust one for brightness, and it controls both. I could do more than that, but two is plenty here. It's really nice not to have the driver on top of the lights. I have them on the floor on each side, no added weight to those lights.
There are currently 9 potted plants under there, and I have room for 4 or 5 more. I don't want it too tight, I have maneuver in there to feed/water/train.
I would love to have invisible wires and hangars, but it's a grow with electrical components, you are going to see wires.;)

Now I have to get to these plants and do some topping, and watering. I still have to up pot a couple too. The work is never done. 😆

Oops, almost forgot. I have the lights about 26 1/2" above the plants, and the power setting on the lights is at 75% for vegetative growth. The ViparSpectra guide says that will draw 240 watts, for each light.
I placed a thermometer in the room and waited about an hour. It's holding around 75 degrees F.
I will need to get a couple more clip on fans in there to keep the air flow going and to help the plants strengthen up. Always sumptin'.

I have never had an issue of too much heat in my grows. Normally I'm struggling to get enough heat.....until now.
I put a thermometer in the grow room which is a spare bedroom, after I hung the lights up and turned them on to 75% power for vegetative stage per the guidelines of the lights.

Temperature in the room with the door closed reached 86 degrees F. If I leave the door open I can maintain around 82 degrees. However......the thermostat to my home is located on a wall just outside that room, so if I leave the door open it warms up that area and the thermostat doesn't kick the furnace on. The rest of the house is cold waiting for that to kick on. LOL

I turned the thermostat up a couple degrees to adjust for that. Okay. Now, I have to leave the door open during the 18/6 vegging stage, and that presents an issue with darkness during the 6 hour off light time. There is light getting into the room from the rest of the house, tv...room lighting elsewhere etc. Even closing the door leaving a 1" gap for air circulation, there's ambient light getting in there.

This is not going to be a real problem during flowering, because I can leave the door open during the day while those lights are on.
I'm going to leave the door closed for a few hours today and see just how high the heat gets in there. The higher the power the more heat...right? Flowering will be at 100% on the light setting.

I don't want to go above 85....right?

Back
Top Bottom