Super Lemon Haze DWC 210W LED ScrOG

Tremendous harvest for such a small space! :high-five::passitleft:

Truly fantastic!!

:adore::adore:

Thanks AJ! I'm sure it's possible to get more out of this cupboard though. I got some nute burn this round which may have had some impact, and I think I can top and train better to get more major tops in the main canopy. We'll keep trying anyway, it's all good fun

One thing I think I might have just found out with my big Gert (Tutt) regarding training to get multiple tops in small area's is you can push the plant too far. My girl is struggling to feed all heads and aint gonna get near my last girls weight, well we shall see but Im quite sure I wont hit the BVs 14oz

Yes, I think you're right mate. With more veg time to develop the tops and space to get a larger root mass i reckon it wouldn't be a problem, but small spaces limit that a bit unfortunately and you end up with lots of weak tops rather than a few that are stronger

you need to enter those nugz in notm seriozlee!!! damn gina! im al cold looking at them i wrapped up in my Indian blanket now brrrrrrrrr so frosty!!!! rep a dep!++ your a prime candidate for the bassman tech of extreme defol have you talked with him , i guess i have good self control i refuse to even taste a bud till its at least a week curing, but i have a nice stash box with 30 compartments that has at least a half gram of everything i have grown in the past year so i play pick a bud pretty often i'll be subbin 2 tha new:goodjob:

you need to enter those nugz in notm seriozlee!!! damn gina! im al cold looking at them i wrapped up in my Indian blanket now brrrrrrrrr so frosty!!!! rep a dep!++ your a prime candidate for the bassman tech of extreme defol have you talked with him , i guess i have good self control i refuse to even taste a bud till its at least a week curing, but i have a nice stash box with 30 compartments that has at least a half gram of everything i have grown in the past year so i play pick a bud pretty often i'll be subbin 2 tha new:goodjob:

Ha ha, cheers bid. The SLH looks really nice, and was really nice, but the negative is she just ain't getting me stoned now. Like really bad. I've got tolerant to stuff before but never this quick. I don't know if ive screwed something up; i think the harvest was later than it could have been, but it's not giving couch lock, it's like a cigarette. It's almost like I cut too early and its not psychoactive, but that doesnt feel right. Admittedly I've been smoking a fair amount so maybe just got used to it very quick. A bit disappointing, but also actually quite good cos I can function!!

Yes, I've followed Bassman's stuff - it was his journals that brought defoliation to my attention and got me interested, he's had some really impressive results.

Jealous of your stash box! I reckon some variety's what I need, so I can smoke different stuff and not get too used to one

Thanks for the reps bid, much appreciated

It's a pleasure when someone combines superior grow skills w/sensitive and useful prose. I'm most grateful.
I have a quick question re DWC: when the plants first start, how do they reach the nutes? You said you keep the level at around 1" below the netpot, what do they do before they get that far. May be a dumb question, but I couldn't figure it out.
Thx again, and happy new year to you and yours.

Thanks for the kind words Ranger and I'm sorry for the really slow reply to your question, I've not been on here for a little while.

Not a dumb question at all, and if it's still relevant and someone hasn't answered it already (which I suspect they probably have!), the bubbling caused by the air stone creates a mist of nutes above the water level that keeps the clay pebbles and rock wool moist so it gets all the nutes it needs (as long as the res level isn't too far below the bottom of the pot).
Once the roots grow through the pot and hit the nutes then the plant takes off.

In my first couple of grows I also ran a drip feed into the top of the pot but found this to be completely unnecessary and a recipe for unhealthy roots, the bubbles/mist created by the air stone is all you need.

Hope you're grows are going well; I'm going to wander over now and check them out

Thanks for the kind words Ranger and I'm sorry for the really slow reply to your question, I've not been on here for a little while.

Not a dumb question at all, and if it's still relevant and someone hasn't answered it already (which I suspect they probably have!), the bubbling caused by the air stone creates a mist of nutes above the water level that keeps the clay pebbles and rock wool moist so it gets all the nutes it needs (as long as the res level isn't too far below the bottom of the pot).
Once the roots grow through the pot and hit the nutes then the plant takes off.

In my first couple of grows I also ran a drip feed into the top of the pot but found this to be completely unnecessary and a recipe for unhealthy roots, the bubbles/mist created by the air stone is all you need.

Hope you're grows are going well; I'm going to wander over now and check them out

Hi Sir Green! Would you mind elaborating when you say that your drip feed was a recipe for unhealthy roots? I have a a very similar setup - a DWC with a root sprayer and drip feed emitting constant nutrients at the base of my plants. Will the drip cause root problems for me? Thanks, and thanks for the great journal as well!

Back
Top Bottom