The Dealer's Choice - Mars Pro Cree256 & Cree128s Perpetual In High-Brix!

re: The Dealer's Choice - Mars Pro Cree256 & Cree128s Perpetual In High-Brix!

I'd say those 2 lights running will probably increase your temps about 15 to 20 degrees so you'll want to be at around 65. So summer time will be a bigger problem than winter for you.

But you also don't want your plants to get too cold during lights off either.

I'd say those 2 lights running will probably increase your temps about 15 to 20 degrees so you'll want to be at around 65. So summer time will be a bigger problem than winter for you.

Yea, I assumed running 2 of those lights will raise the ambient temp around 15/20 degrees good to know! Also, I just noticed your profile pic was of the Mighty. That device has legit changed my life!!!!!! I got time to figure out how I'll cool the tent during the summer time but at least I know I can actually start my first grow soon since I'll be ok for the cold winter months here. Do you think having a carbonfilter/exhaust fan will increase or decrease the 15/20 temp difference? I forgot to mention earlier but I plan on having a carbon filter/exhaust fan running inside as well. Thanks again for your replies!

duggan may be able to help you in this area of electricity. :Namaste:

Hey Ziggs,...ya , I've been reading thru this ,....i should advise that just because the Cir. breaker says 15 amps , it is highly recommended (not by me) to keep the total draw for a 15 amp. circ. to a lil over 13 amps ...NO MORE OK!! Personally i shoot for a 10 amp limit...then i sleep better at night knowing the wire and system is NOT stressed to it's limit. What if you get all comfortable ...and things seem to be working fine...then at a connection point or "hot" spot you begin to have troubles...in the middle of the night ,...while you and your family are sleeping . This is when things go wrong with that stuff,...please trust me and DO NOT load up a 15 amp circ to 15 amps. If you are running with 20 amp circ. breakers , the same rule applies...if you do have 20 amp circ. breakers , make sure you also have a min. of #12 wire supplying your 20 amp "T" slot (only) receptacles. If you are curious as to your GR's. draw ,...buy a cheap "multi-meter" or "clamp on" amp probe and measure the draw....if it's more than ten amps ...change a few things or provide another circuit to share the load. Please people listen up ....make sure your GR total amperage draw is NOT TOO MUCH....cheers gang.:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Hey Ziggs,...ya , I've been reading thru this ,....i should advise that just because the Cir. breaker says 15 amps , it is highly recommended (not by me) to keep the total draw for a 15 amp. circ. to a lil over 13 amps ...NO MORE OK!! Personally i shoot for a 10 amp limit...then i sleep better at night knowing the wire and system is NOT stressed to it's limit. What if you get all comfortable ...and things seem to be working fine...then at a connection point or "hot" spot you begin to have troubles...in the middle of the night ,...while you and your family are sleeping . This is when things go wrong with that stuff,...please trust me and DO NOT load up a 15 amp circ to 15 amps. If you are running with 20 amp circ. breakers , the same rule applies...if you do have 20 amp circ. breakers , make sure you also have a min. of #12 wire supplying your 20 amp "T" slot (only) receptacles. If you are curious as to your GR's. draw ,...buy a cheap "multi-meter" or "clamp on" amp probe and measure the draw....if it's more than ten amps ...change a few things or provide another circuit to share the load. Please people listen up ....make sure your GR total amperage draw is NOT TOO MUCH....cheers gang.:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Thanks Duggan! here is the manufacturing specs for amps for the cree128 from marshydro:

Amps:2.84A/120v | 1.41A/240v

So I shouldn't have any problems using 2 of these. The only other thing that I need to consider is running a carbon filter/exhaust fan. Not sure exactly what the average amps for those are but running 2 lights plus a carbon filter/exhaust fan and maybe 1 or 2 clip fans shouldn't trip my 15 amp breaker I'm hoping..

Thanks Duggan! here is the manufacturing specs for amps for the cree128 from marshydro:

Amps:2.84A/120v | 1.41A/240v

So I shouldn't have any problems using 2 of these. The only other thing that I need to consider is running a carbon filter/exhaust fan. Not sure exactly what the average amps for those are but running 2 lights plus a carbon filter/exhaust fan and maybe 1 or 2 clip fans shouldn't trip my 15 amp breaker I'm hoping..

Snoog, ...i normally welcome new visitors to these parts properly...musta missed ya runnin in. Anyhow , would like to offer you a big warm welcome to the "Mag". The people around these parts are very genuine and will offer help and guidance at every chance and they do it with integrity and resolve. May i encourage you to visit some of the HB journals and get a feel for the membership . There are a large number of us growing in soil , using Doc Bud's "kit' as our "go to" method. We are having a lot of fun enjoying multiple runs with outstanding success from the same (re amended) batch of soil. Anyhow Snoog, we only ask a couple lil things of new members ...when you enter our journals, it's wise to smile and leave any ego at the door....do these things and you won't wanna leave , we promise you!

OK now for the power issues. Snoog, you have loads of room on a circuit bud. You could easily run three of those and still be able to run all that other stuff. Those other things draw very little , actually. The fan/filter will/should draw very little , like 1-2 amps , same with the circ. fans . The problems usually start when growers wanna throw a space heater in the mix.....bad idea! They usually need a designated circuit to avoid "tripping" issues. More fires are caused by them in the colder , drier months than anything else. I have one i use , and it's "on" all the time , utilizing it's own t, stat , but it has two built in switches where i can turn on one,...750 Watt element , or both , making it draw the max. I only EVER use one (750W) element. With any 120 volt space heater, which is 1500 Watts . Just divide 120 into 1500...it's 12.5 Amps. That's why all heaters will only ever say 1500 watts and no more , cuz they have to "come in" at under 13 amps to make them legal in most countries.
OK now , im glad you touched on the 120 and 240 volt thing too! You will notice that the amperage is about 1/2 the amount when it's 240 volts right??? remember though that if it's 240 , you will still use the SAME amount of electricity. Don't be fooled ...OK...instead of only drawing from one "main" coming into the house ,...your now drawing from two , doubling that figure....GOT IT! 240 is run to areas for convenience of balancing out both phases OK, or to a pc. of equipment that is 240 volts. Clear as mud? Anyhow , i'm bookin it outta here...hope this has helped out .:welcome::420:

Snoog, ...i normally welcome new visitors to these parts properly...musta missed ya runnin in. Anyhow , would like to offer you a big warm welcome to the "Mag". The people around these parts are very genuine and will offer help and guidance at every chance and they do it with integrity and resolve. May i encourage you to visit some of the HB journals and get a feel for the membership . There are a large number of us growing in soil , using Doc Bud's "kit' as our "go to" method. We are having a lot of fun enjoying multiple runs with outstanding success from the same (re amended) batch of soil. Anyhow Snoog, we only ask a couple lil things of new members ...when you enter our journals, it's wise to smile and leave any ego at the door....do these things and you won't wanna leave , we promise you!

OK now for the power issues. Snoog, you have loads of room on a circuit bud. You could easily run three of those and still be able to run all that other stuff. Those other things draw very little , actually. The fan/filter will/should draw very little , like 1-2 amps , same with the circ. fans . The problems usually start when growers wanna throw a space heater in the mix.....bad idea! They usually need a designated circuit to avoid "tripping" issues. More fires are caused by them in the colder , drier months than anything else. I have one i use , and it's "on" all the time , utilizing it's own t, stat , but it has two built in switches where i can turn on one,...750 Watt element , or both , making it draw the max. I only EVER use one (750W) element. With any 120 volt space heater, which is 1500 Watts . Just divide 120 into 1500...it's 12.5 Amps. That's why all heaters will only ever say 1500 watts and no more , cuz they have to "come in" at under 13 amps to make them legal in most countries.
OK now , im glad you touched on the 120 and 240 volt thing too! You will notice that the amperage is about 1/2 the amount when it's 240 volts right??? remember though that if it's 240 , you will still use the SAME amount of electricity. Don't be fooled ...OK...instead of only drawing from one "main" coming into the house ,...your now drawing from two , doubling that figure....GOT IT! 240 is run to areas for convenience of balancing out both phases OK, or to a pc. of equipment that is 240 volts. Clear as mud? Anyhow , i'm bookin it outta here...hope this has helped out .:welcome::420:

Thanks for the reply Duggan! I've briefly read about Doc Bud's grow kit. I haven't decided what medium I was going to try yet but that may seem a good place to start. Can you point me to the proper place/link that will give me Doc Bud's set up? I'm fairly new to this so I very much appreciate your welcome message. Now that I have my lights picked out; I'm researching some good carbon filter/fan. I've done some searches on amazon and stumbled across:

51lFVy2sSVL.jpg

44CFM with variable speed controller (I think I'll keep it on medium since 6"/440CFM is overboard for my 4x4 tent). Any thoughts on this? Seems like a fair/decent starting scrubber/fan for a first timer.

Thanks for the reply Duggan! I've briefly read about Doc Bud's grow kit. I haven't decided what medium I was going to try yet but that may seem a good place to start. Can you point me to the proper place/link that will give me Doc Bud's set up? I'm fairly new to this so I very much appreciate your welcome message. Now that I have my lights picked out; I'm researching some good carbon filter/fan. I've done some searches on amazon and stumbled across:

VenTech VT IF6+CF6-B Inline Exhaust Blower Fan with Carbon Filter and Variable Speed Controller, 440 CFM

44CFM with variable speed controller (I think I'll keep it on medium since 6"/440CFM is overboard for my 4x4 tent). Any thoughts on this? Seems like a fair/decent starting scrubber/fan for a first timer.

Ya Snoog, just go to Doc's Q and A thread and click on "how to use the High Brix Kit",...that will get you the info you need. As far as fan/filter combos , i highly recommend the Can #33 filter in combination with the Ostberg 6" inline fan! I always advise new growers to get a speed controller too, so you can dial the speed down a little , to between 70-80 % of maximum,...this will prolong the life of those two components...i must warn you however, don't run the controller any less than 70% of max. ...OK,..it's very hard on the windings if you run them too slow. When you buy your fan/filter combo, remember to oversize them , so you can run them at that reduced speed OK! Also remember to change the pre-filter a lot , as this will help extend the life of the carbon filter. Cheers Snoog,...any other Q's. ...fire away , OK! Have a great night would ya!:circle-of-love:

The ostberg looks a bit pricey (I'm sure its solid) and I was also looking at the CAN scrubbers. The CAN 33 is rated @ 200CFM's (isn't that a bit low for 4x4?) so perhaps the CAN 50 (420 CFM) would be a bit more appropriate? I think I will go with the CAN filter but perhaps may try to see if there is a more economical option as far as the fan goes. Thanks for answering all my questions!

Those CAN filters don't come with the flange to attach your ducting to. I found that out when I got home lol. I used some duct tape for now till I go back to the store and get a flange.

Also get some self tapping screws for that flange. I have the can 33 per duggans recommendation. Man that thing is a beast. I have it coupled to an iPower fan 442 CFM with the speed control @70 ish %. Go for the kit Snoog, you will not regret it, buy in bulk. Keep in mind that you need 30 days to cook the soil. Rock on!

Hey Canad! :passitleft:

The ostberg looks a bit pricey (I'm sure its solid) and I was also looking at the CAN scrubbers. The CAN 33 is rated @ 200CFM's (isn't that a bit low for 4x4?) so perhaps the CAN 50 (420 CFM) would be a bit more appropriate? I think I will go with the CAN filter but perhaps may try to see if there is a more economical option as far as the fan goes. Thanks for answering all my questions!
Morning Snoog, ya with the Can#33...it's perfect for a 4x4 tent. My GR has much more sq. footage than that and it's been working stellar for me for over four years now (with proper care of course). remember to get a quality 6 " fan to go with it and flange as Ween said there OK! If you do get the #33 you will be very pleased with it ...I'm quite sure of that. Just ask anyone who is using it. SS has the combo I recommend ...ask her how she likes the set up! Cheers bud!:high-five:

Happy Holidaze everyone :passitleft:

I'll do an update sometime over the weekend. Also my seed order just came in and I have a whole bunch of sexy genetics to keep this journal going for years!

Happy Holidaze everyone :passitleft:

I'll do an update sometime over the weekend. Also my seed order just came in and I have a whole bunch of sexy genetics to keep this journal going for years!

make sure you got Docs Kit ingredients too! :)

Merry Christmas!

So not sure if True North Seed Bank is still a sponsor on this site. But let me tell you all about my experience.

I had placed a nice order of 4 strains (The 5 or 7 packs), with the sale price I was just around $300. I couldn't add in the $15 insurance in case my package was lost, because the option just wasn't available. So I just went with it. Go figure this package would get lost by the postal service... So I called up TNSB and reported my package lost. They filed the claim with Post Canada and even without the insurance on my order, they replaced the whole thing free of charge and even included a pack of king sized papers and a grinder.

I always have good service from this company, no idea why they had such a bad rep on here but I highly recommend using them especially if you're in the States or Canada.

White Walker Kush flower day 42

20161225_234933.jpg
20161225_234950.jpg
20161225_234942.jpg

Coming along nicely into week 6. Another month or so to swell up and frost :)

Mango Sapphire veg day 37

20161225_234505.jpg

After being topped twice they are just starting to pick up growth speed.

Sour Diesel veg day 11

20161225_234423.jpg

Nothing exciting yet.

Back
Top Bottom