1st Time Grow - Flowergirl21's - White Widow - Bloombox - Hydro - Manifold Technique

Re: 1st Time Grow - Flowergirl21's - White Widow - Bloombox - Hydro - Manifold Techni

That's a cool trick! I have an aquarium heater as well, but I haven't had to use it in a few weeks. But what a great idea for when I use the power cloner option. My heater doesn't float though. How do you get it to go up and down with the water level? Mine just has a suction cup holster.

Re: 1st Time Grow - Flowergirl21's - White Widow - Bloombox - Hydro - Manifold Techni

fish tank warmer. what temp is ur water should be around 65 degrees. from 1 ft to 6 ft temp of the ground is 62. take act of god to be cold cold.
reason a say that pipes going into house water should be fine.

7Dust, I'm using distilled water right now, so it's the same temp as the house. As of now, it's hovering in the 15°-16°C (60°F) range. I had my heater set to 19°C (66°F).

Time to top for four mains.

IMG_37978.jpg

Bink. Bink.

IMG_37994.jpg

Close up after topping.

IMG_38007.jpg

New soft wires for LST'ing. Light defoliation to make room for the wires, and removed a leaf that was in the way of the light for the new mains.

IMG_38038.jpg

Rearranged the Hydro12 tub a bit--Scarlett is now more centered.

IMG_38015.jpg

The left side is the one that I broke a little. The arms have definitely evened out! :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_38025.jpg

Willow. Looking good.

IMG_37989.jpg

Willow again.

IMG_38048.jpg

Veg side. I'm having an issue with my Bloombox--when I turn on the flowering side, the CFL dims on the veg side. I've called BCNL, and I was able to troubleshoot with someone. He said he had never heard of this problem in all of the years he worked there. >:/ Anyway, his theory is that the outlet that I'm using is on a breaker that has too many other things drawing current from it...I found the breaker, and as far as I can tell, I only have two outlets on it. I plugged only the Bloombox in, and it was still happening. I need to do a more thorough search of what is on the breaker--could be that an outlet from the next room over is on the same one. I need to get it fixed though, because I shall need both sides shortly!!!

IMG_38055.jpg

Week 6 (68 Days from Sprout)

Cal/Mag-12mL
Grow (1-2-5)-20mL
Common (2-0-0)-20mL
Veg Boom (1-1-2)-11mL
Super B+ (0-2-1)-23mL
Plantacillin (1-0-0)-3mL
Royal Gold (0-1-0)-23 mL
ppm-970
pH-5.0

they look good. dont really see an issue doing great

Every morning when I open up my cabinet, I have this sense of excitement and a little bit of dread...I always hope for the best but brace myself for the worst. This is especially true on mornings after doing any topping/defoliation or even reservoir changes. This morning, I was greeted by this beautiful sight:

image23994.jpg

Scarlett seems to be loving the reservoir change. I always add Cal/Mag first when making up a fresh batch of nutes. This time, I took a ppm reading of the distilled water plus Cal/Mag, and it came to 370ppm. When I took my final reading after adding all of the other goodies, the reading was 970ppm. Not sure if I should actually notate this as 600ppm. Just a random thought, and important in regards to journaling--I know I'll refer back here when I start my next grow. I want to be as dialed in as possible and make necessary adjustments so that each grow improves.

Well...that's all for a few days. If Scarlett remains happy and growing fast, I will defoliate her completely except for 4 growth tips and their leaves. At that time, I shall attempt to take more clones...:Namaste:

Before Defoliation:

image23994.jpg

After

IMG_38077.JPG

Side View

IMG_38085.jpg

Bunny Food...although I might start eating these myself. Thanks to SweetSue's journals, I watched that great video about the benefits of juicing raw cannabis leaves. Impressive!

IMG_38105.jpg

Take 2 on Clones (The other one is in the veg side, shaded a bit under the tomato plant. I haven't given up on her.)

image24123.jpg

Willow

IMG_38116.jpg

Thanks, Kushtie! Btw, your camera is sick. Amazing photos. Puts my phone to shame. :laughtwo:

Also, well done on your grow! :clap:

Thanks, Kushtie! Btw, your camera is sick. Amazing photos. Puts my phone to shame. :laughtwo:

Also, well done on your grow! :clap:

Thanks. Enjoying the fruits of my grow as we speak :)

Your pics were one of the things that caught my eye here.....they show a great deal of care being taken and so do your plants. Your cabinet looks lovely for taking pics in but I'm guessing that's with the veg light for now? (and a different light for flowering?)

This is a beautiful sight. Opening that door...seeing Scarlett's leaves uplifted to the light.

image24168.jpg

I fiddled around with her ties. The rockwool wasn't holding the ties firmly enough--as she grew, she kept taking the soft wire with her. I've anchored the ties to the surrounding net pots. Much better!

image24167.jpg

Now she just needs to grow so I can top one more time--can hardly believe she's in the final stages of manifolding. :love:

Next go around, depending on clone survival (crosses fingers), will be a flux for sure, and I might play around with a 16 cola manifold. But...I am getting ahead of myself.

Yesterday I topped off the reservoir with some fresh nutes--no Cal/Mag, and ppm was just about 800. I only mixed up a litre of it though, so it definitely diluted in the reservoir, which had dropped to below 900ppm.

Thanks. Enjoying the fruits of my grow as we speak :)

Your pics were one of the things that caught my eye here.....they show a great deal of care being taken and so do your plants. Your cabinet looks lovely for taking pics in but I'm guessing that's with the veg light for now? (and a different light for flowering?)

Yes. As of right now, I'm only using the vegetation side, which has a 125watt cfl bulb. The next step is using the flowering side for some slightly extended veg time using a 400watt MH bulb. Then, I will change out the bulb to a 400watt hps for flowering and switch to 12/12. The ballast supports both types of bulbs. Once I get to the other bulbs, I'll have to play around with my settings, or maybe edit them before uploading to get truer colors.

Thank you for the compliment! I am doing my best for my little ladies. I hope they treat me well in return!

Looking all happy and healthy :) can't wait for your fluxing! Ill be here if ever required :) best of buds as always :)

Thank you, LA! I think I speak for many when I say that I'm glad you're here for us! P.S. Is it possible to flux with a clone?

hmmmmmmmmm i think i cooked my clones , i thought id speed things up and added some seaweed extract and maybe id get roots a little quicker , stuff was too strong , and ive burnt the crap out of them , LOL oopppssss :hmmmm: just have to see what happen or cut more , the fool proof cloner yeahh right !!! pmsl :rofl::rofl: the golden rule is dont add any thing but water and bubbles :)

yeah its best to learn the plant first i have one i cant put nothing on it. but i can load others up with everything.
most time i dont use chems till about 3rd node or ft tall. that way roots are set and reaching out. if you poor on the root direct they will burn like a match. least i found some plants will.

Reservoir Change

Week 7 (76 Days from Sprout)

Cal/Mag-15mL
Grow (1-2-5)-30mL
Common (2-0-0)-30mL
Veg Boom (1-1-2)-11mL
Super B+ (0-2-1)-23mL
Plantacillin (1-0-0)-3mL
Royal Gold (0-1-0)-0 mL
Prop-O-Gator (0-3-2)-20mL
ppm-1220
pH-5.0

Not much has changed. The ppm has been decreasing slowly, so I upped the amounts. It was under 1000ppm before adding the Cal/Mag--I added it last so I could see everything else. Skipped the Royal Gold--if Scarlett isn't praying to the lights when the lights come on, then I'll add it. Scarlett is steadily growing. I'm gently exposing the new growth for quicker and tighter node development. (Thanks, LA!)

I added Prop-O-Gator to the reservoir--I top-fed Willow with it directly last time. It's funny; under the rockwool covers, she's growing little roots up top. I think that's a great indication that it works!

I finally resolved to see what else was drawing current from the breaker that the Bloombox is on. Turns out, quite a bit--the kitchen hood, and the living room ceiling fan and lights, as well as another outlet in the room.

The bad news is that I tried another outlet with the same results. I checked what else was on it, and I can honestly say that there shouldn't be a problem. Nothing else draws from the breaker; well, there are other outlets on it, but none are being used right now. It's very frustrating as I would have situated Scarlett on the other side with this reservoir change.

I called BCNL, and I left a message. Hopefully we can resolve this problem quickly!!

good deal. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom