Cajuncelt's Spring 2015 Grow - Blue Dream - Bubba Kush - Critical Cure - Etc

I've never heard of going from outdoors to HIDs, but I have a bone head theory.

A trick I do know is to raise your lights the last 2 weeks. Yes, raise them & alot. Like a foot.
It brings out the oils, colors & terpenoids, but doesn't affect finishing.
Intresting...

Congrats on Harley Tsu, Bubba Kush, and your test results Cajun.

122 pages of reading in just a few days Cajun and I gotta say, I don't see this as a grow journal as much as I see it as a growth journal. Your growth bro, nothing to do with the plant. You're surrounded by people that love and respect you. You overcome odds. You obviously have a green thumb. Courageous moves and starting at square 1 a few times. You have a lotta heart and head. I picked a few tidbits outta this, like the essential oil thing I'm excited to try, but it's been a great journal to read because of the man it's about, rather than the plant it's about. Much respect...Stormy

Whoa. Well thank you Stormy. Kind of embarrassed for some reason.
I didn't realize until I read that, that this journal I guess really is kind of like a summarized diary... with weed.
I might go back & read through this one someday. Too soon right now.
I wish it was divided up into chapters so I could skip through the "Dark Ages". Seriously my mouth gets dry & my palms sweat just thinking about my life a year ago.
A day where you're in heated combat for 14 hours straight has nothing on some of the days I lived through during this journal.

I like the name...:)...8 Ball Kush Barneys Farm

Barney's Farms' 8 Ball Kush is a really versatile plant that can be grown almost anywhere. It's fantastic for SOG and ScrOG growing techniques, but can also perform in traditional environments whether you are growing cannabis indoors or out. But the major selling point of these all feminised seeds aren't their versatility, or their ability to grow almost anywhere. The main bonus is the incredible smoke you can create from such a plant.
After years of selective genetic in-breeding of some of the best hashish from Afghanistan and Pakistan, Barney's Farm have been able to create a rare beauty that offers, power, flavour and an incredible indica dominant high. These little stocky plants can produce up to 450 gr/m2 when they get going and boy, will you want every last ounce of it.
Indoor flowering times of between 55 and 65 days mean you are never going to have to wait too long for your bounty. And even when you are growing your weed outside, you can expect a good quality harvest before September is out. The decision is easy, quality hashish with 18.5 THC and 1.4% CBD in just a few weeks, what more is there to say?
It sounds awesome to me... I too am curious on your take Cajun.....:circle-of-love:

I like the name...:)...8 Ball Kush Barneys Farm

Barney's Farms' 8 Ball Kush is a really versatile plant that can be grown almost anywhere. It's fantastic for SOG and ScrOG growing techniques, but can also perform in traditional environments whether you are growing cannabis indoors or out. But the major selling point of these all feminised seeds aren't their versatility, or their ability to grow almost anywhere. The main bonus is the incredible smoke you can create from such a plant.
After years of selective genetic in-breeding of some of the best hashish from Afghanistan and Pakistan, Barney's Farm have been able to create a rare beauty that offers, power, flavour and an incredible indica dominant high. These little stocky plants can produce up to 450 gr/m2 when they get going and boy, will you want every last ounce of it.
Indoor flowering times of between 55 and 65 days mean you are never going to have to wait too long for your bounty. And even when you are growing your weed outside, you can expect a good quality harvest before September is out. The decision is easy, quality hashish with 18.5 THC and 1.4% CBD in just a few weeks, what more is there to say?
It sounds awesome to me... I too am curious on your take Cajun.....:circle-of-love:
That sounds good enough for me Dennise. Adding another magic bean to the order. Thanks Babe!:thanks:

I have to take a stand for a moment and shake my fists towards the "powers that be".
"8-Ball"?!?! How does that, in any way, describe the plant to a customer? Girl Scout this... Sweet that. Good lord.... are they selling strains to children?
This silliness has the seeds of problems within it. Can you imagine the outcry from the public if they started calling liquor silly childish names? We're gonna bring on the wrath of over-reacting parents trying to protect their children from things that might tempt them.

No good will come of this...

Tead I'm with you a 100% :) we need to be distancing ourselves from such nonsense, 8 ball to me just screams other drugs! I thought the name for ML training name! I know fluxing is different in its workings, yet to me the definition of fluxing makes way more sense anyway even for the older ML technique! I just thought of my plants shape and thought of the flux capacitor, didn't think of its actual definition lol, just got lucky.
I just want the flavour/high explained, so lemon haze or such is good enough for me!

Well maybe they had" 8 ball pool" in mind when they named this strain, U.K and all. Lol kidding..As far as the thousands of other names "Cat piss", " The Shit", "Green Crack", Alaskan Thunderf*cK", Donkey Dick to just name a few. WE could stand for more names such as Critical Cure.

Though I have a place in my heart for mantanushka thunderfuck. It is such an amazing IBL and deserving of the title.

I do agree though, my agent orange is a great example. Maybe one of the best for tasteless names. People in Vietnam are still dealing with terrible effects from that defoliation nightmare chemical.

Some whimsy with names is fine to me though. There is a similar thing happening with wine and beers and I find it enjoyable. I know some think that having the names go less whimsical will bring legitimacy of cannabis as medicine but I want to keep things a bit different. But medicine names are going wacky too. Latuda? Sounds like an anti farting medicine! And pharmaceutical drugs are the last thing I want to be compared to. Who wants to be in the same vein as Prozac, Valium, OxyContin, Fentanyl, morphine, Thalidomide...

I think a little whimsy is enjoyable. Though I admit it can be confusing for the uninitiated. There are however names that are whimsical that have become as recognizable a brand as altoids are in the mint world. Like AK-47, White Widow, Kali Mist, GDP, Panama Red to name a few. Who would change it now but AK-47s have been responsible for the deaths of untold millions of people.

I do however like descriptive names that attempt to be true to the strain. I use my favorite breeder Professor P as an example. I love the huckleberry kush v3 that I am currently growing. The name is fun and very descriptive. Or his platinum huckleberry cookies. Any weed aficionado would know that's Oregon huckleberry X platinum Girl Scout cookies.

There is a learning curve though. I am interested in growing up some Bodhi gear. I have been reading up on his strains and they have whimsical names like snow lotus and Appalachia.

In the end I think the strain descriptions are what is most important. I am tired of a three sentence strain description like:

"Shiggberry is the bees knees yo! This big yielder will knock your socks off. Grows like mad and finishes in 8 weeks. Expect tons of trichomes with this showstopper and maaaaaad levels of THC ya hear?"

What I want to see are strain descriptions like Dynasty genetics gives, with pheno descriptions, flavor and aroma variations, stretch numbers and pedigree including the phenos of mom and dad. To dynasty's strain descriptions I would add the terpene charts that Greenhouse seeds has.

So whimsy is fine as long as it is backed up. Dispensaries have the same responsibilities as a good sommelier or gender at my favorite craft beer store. I can go there and ask about the "Sweet baby Jesus" stout and get an accurate description from my retailer. A good dispensary will have that info and cannabinoid profile. They will also know what terpenes are found in each strain. That is what I hope to see. I don't think we will get away from whimsy, we just need a higher standard in strain description. And I could do without names that refer to legitimate or illicit pharmaceuticals. And any name that is so tasteless it will turn people off.

This site tried an effort at changing or getting the breeders to change strain names to meet the general consensus as you guys are stating. Names that would wipe out the visions of hard drugs, etc., and selling candy to children. That was last year at some point, if I recall. There's a thread here somewhere.
Apparently the resistance of the breeders themselves stopped that, not positive on the reason it stalled.
They did try. :)

And most of the breeders are trying to appeal to the "Recreational" users A.K.A Stoners, So they try to use Extreme names to sell there beans. IMO.

Back
Top Bottom